Author Topic: A Kingdom of Loathing thread? That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.  (Read 59021 times)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Re: A Kingdom of Loathing thread? That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »
Someone was complaining about it in /newbie a day or two ago, but I don't really remember or know. I'm not using mafia, anyhow.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2012, 12:07:42 AM »
Am I the only one here who hasn't been able to get KoLMafia to work these past couple days? :x
No, but I went and grabbed the latest daily build and it's been working fine so far.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:57 AM »
Ah, so it is. Thanks for the tip. :)

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2012, 06:42:15 AM »
Just say no to buffs, kids. Or else this happens.
Every time you use the Trivial Avocations board game cards, you should record the card data so the spaders can get a full list on the following spreadsheets:

What?
When?
Where?
Who?

I try to plug in the number, question, and answer fields whenever I use 'em, myself.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2012, 05:49:11 PM »
Imagine that you're on your 4th day in a HC ascension, and somehow you have reached level 13 with about 20 adventures to spare (after exhausting all turngen resources available). You have never even gotten close to 4 day HC before, but with a bit of good luck with the lair it may actually happen.

Imagine that you then click on the three doors and found out that it wants a handsomeness potion, and a DoD potion you don't have.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2012, 05:37:41 AM »
Imagine that you're on your 4th day in a HC ascension, and somehow you have reached level 13 with about 20 adventures to spare (after exhausting all turngen resources available). You have never even gotten close to 4 day HC before, but with a bit of good luck with the lair it may actually happen.

Imagine that you then click on the three doors and found out that it wants a handsomeness potion, and a DoD potion you don't have.
Just the imagining getting close to a 4-day is hard enough for me, haha.  Even with Boris, my vest run that I'm pretty sure I'm en route to finishing tomorrow will be an 11-dayer.  Guessing I coulda made it down to 10 had I done some things differently during L11/L12 which I'm on now, as well as with better RNG and such, but either way...Haha, getting an ascension down to under a week would be a huge deal to me, much less a 4-day.

Either way, I definitely feel for you having gotten that freaking Handsomeness Potion, much less the DoD potion you didn't have...  Oh well, I'd say anything sub-a week is still plenty good.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Jq1790

« Reply #217 on: April 01, 2012, 04:03:40 AM »
!!CAUTION!!CAUTION!!  The Spectral Pickle Factory has appeared!

Sorry for doubleposting, but I figured this was worth doing so for, given the rarity of said factory's appearance.

« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2012, 06:27:50 AM »
Yes, this is going to make me a few million meats richer given that I got 54 brines, 152 dills, and 149 vinegars, and 160ish ghost cucumbers. I also have 14
Spoiler:
mime soul fragments
. However, the items I spoiled do nothing yet, and I'm not sure I would bank on the items being changed anytime soon. Stupid brines were being tsundere on their adventure chances, though, despite the fact that crafting the spectral pickle cuts into my profits.

Oh, I'm Thilk09, despite the fact that I'm already in another clan and would prefer to stay that way for now.

EDIT: I swear to god, people are going crazy over the item I spoiled, because the lowest prices are 64k at the moment. Oh well, looks like getting 14 of these paid off, because I can exploit the prices. On the other hand, part of me is thinking they'll change the item into something usable. However, this has a low chance of happening, so hm...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:02:17 AM by rizul98 »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2012, 02:14:56 PM »
!!CAUTION!!CAUTION!!  The Spectral Pickle Factory has appeared!

Sorry for doubleposting, but I figured this was worth doing so for, given the rarity of said factory's appearance.
Oh shit maybe I should actually play KoL today then!
(Not like I could possibly survive that place though, I'm still midway into a Surprising Fist Run.  That's how long it's been since I last played asdfgh)

Jq1790

« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2012, 04:18:58 PM »
Oh shit maybe I should actually play KoL today then!
(Not like I could possibly survive that place though, I'm still midway into a Surprising Fist Run.  That's how long it's been since I last played asdfgh)
Well, you could at least get a couple Spectral Pickles by clovering the place...  If you're not in Hardcore, can you get some buffs and/or Sauceror potions to boost at least your Moxie?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »
That would imply I'm ever NOT in Hardcore

But I almost forgot about the clover thing so I'll have to do something about that 8D

Jq1790

« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2012, 04:30:25 PM »
That would imply I'm ever NOT in Hardcore

But I almost forgot about the clover thing so I'll have to do something about that 8D
Ohh, you're a full-time HC player then.  I would be, but since I've still not gotten TOO many skills permed yet, much less HCPermed, I like going into SC to play with my other stuff some just for fun between HC runs.  I'm planning to go full-on HC eventually, just not yet.  Though Boris will help speed me up in that regard, for sure  haha.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2012, 04:59:24 PM »
Hardcore is easier than Softcore because pull management isn't an issue, so that's one less facet to worry about.

Jq1790

« Reply #224 on: April 01, 2012, 05:24:59 PM »
Hardcore is easier than Softcore because pull management isn't an issue, so that's one less facet to worry about.
Mm, yeah, I definitely understand that in the context of trying to get to leaderboard spots or some such, but just to increase one's speed in general, softcore would tend to be faster since you get both the stuff you have in Hardcore anyway, as well as up to 20 items/day that could help you out later on, or good food from a previous run, etc.  *shrug*  Hardcore gives you cool toys though, but only if you end up playing Softcore or Aftercore stuff can you utilize multiple items in said sets, sadly. (Things like Stainless Steel or Plexiglass, I mean.)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »
No news on the soul fragments yet.

Also, I plan on doing a lot of slime tube runs over the next month or so to work on getting lubricated (lack of VIP key is putting a damper on my motivation to ascend), Is it OK if the slime tube is opened in about two to three days? (I want to get to level 30 first to make it easier, while getting a trophy en route) I'll pay for the opening, of course.

EDIT: I asked an admin to open it for me for tomorrow. If it opens, and you guys have some time, please help me tickle in it (adventure until you get the adventure Engulfed!, and choose to Tickle the Uvula). Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:01:19 PM by RegalStar »

« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2012, 01:24:37 AM »
I was hoping for a use for the soul fragments from the four-shadowed mimes (Yes, that almost reads like foreshadowing so I doubt they would let it go to waste), but eh, I made 1.2 million off the 13 soul fragments I sold since I was in need of meat anyways. I did keep one, but it kind of feels like they just put that item in there for everyone to try and collect. EDIT: Apparently the mimes are faxable for some reason. So if you saved a copy for some reason, now is the time to abuse the fax machines while prices are at over 100k. :V

Anyways, when rollover comes over, I'm eating 30 out of 42 spooky surprise eggs and see what I get (yes, I know I'll only get 120ish adventures at most, but eh) although I'm not putting my luck into stock for the figures.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:37:55 AM by rizul98 »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #227 on: April 08, 2012, 07:46:26 PM »
After two more slime tube runs, i will have enough nodule-smithed gears that I can start doing 2-nodule runs very easily, and I won't be needing them any more, so if any of you want them, give me a holler.

EDIT: I can do slimeling too, but it costs a lot of meat in potions for ML so I'm not going to do it for free. I did some rudimentary calculations and 800k should cover everything I need.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:23:03 AM by RegalStar »

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2012, 03:40:35 AM »
Remind me to take you up on that offer once I'm in aftercore, RegalStar. (I, for one, am lacking in the brains to plan such a run, but I've wanted a Slimeling for ages so :< )

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2012, 05:14:50 AM »
Remind me to take you up on that offer once I'm in aftercore, RegalStar. (I, for one, am lacking in the brains to plan such a run, but I've wanted a Slimeling for ages so :< )

Sure. You'll have to wait for a couple of days, though, since I still need to smith two more bandoliers to complete my Slime Hates It suit.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2012, 09:42:11 PM »
Anyone else want a slimeling? I'll be ascending in a couple of days, so if anyone still needs one, tell me.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #231 on: April 20, 2012, 12:52:58 AM »
Anyone else want a slimeling? I'll be ascending in a couple of days, so if anyone still needs one, tell me.

Sure, I'll take one. 800k, right?

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #232 on: April 20, 2012, 12:56:11 AM »
Oh, awesome, I could use one. How does this work? (I won't be ascending for two to three days though)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #233 on: April 20, 2012, 02:18:48 AM »
First of all, I can only do one slimeling runs every two days anyways since I need to bank up turns (no way I can get the turngen needed for the tube and the 42 turns on llama gongs while being forced to use up the majority of my fullness/drunknenss/spleen on slime consumables).

Anyways, when you see a pristine slime tube (no one had spent any turns on it), just max out NC and keep +ML 0 or negative (if you have a space trip safety headphone, it's perfect for this task), free runaway in the tube from any slimes you encounter (if you don't understand what free runaways are and don't want to look it up on the wiki, then stock up on tattered scraps of paper and spam them when you encounter slime monsters), until you encounter the non-combat Engulfed!. Choose to squeeze the bladder, and after that you're done with the tube - I'll clear it and give you the larva when I'm done. Coated in Slime will hurt you at the beginning of combat for increasing damage as its duration gets lower, so either time it out by doing non-combat related stuff, or take a bundle of chamois from the clan stash, use it, and then click on the bucket to choose to wipe the condition. The Hot Tub in VIP lounge will also remove it if you have access to it.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #234 on: April 20, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
I do have Space Trip :O. I can do all that. I just need to ascend first. I *might* be looking at a 4 day. At worst it'll be a 5 day. I'm on Day 3 today.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #235 on: April 20, 2012, 06:57:58 PM »
If UK's gotta wait, I suppose I'll dive in whenever it's ready. Shall I wait for you to start the next tube up, Regal?

EDIT: It's okay if I'm still in HC, right? I haven't really played much on my main lately, but I can totally stock up on tattered scraps of paper and such.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:59:59 PM by Fate Matsyrossa »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
Well, you guys are admins and I'm not, so I suppose it will be you that reopens the tube whenever you're ready. I'm fine at any time - I'll bank ~100 turns per day, and if I see an empty tube with one turn spent squeezing, I'll dive in and do the run.

Also, another option if you don't want to use tattered papers is to CLEESH the slimes. I'm PRETTY sure that this doesn't count as a turn spent for the log (check the log for sure, though), but this is not really a good option for people still in HC because this will run down turns on Coated in Slime, which can kill and people in HC can't get bundles of chamoix from other people. I guess you can always get a multi or another person in the clan not in HC/Ronin to put in the chamoix, though.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2012, 11:25:46 PM »
I'll be breaking prism tonight/tomorrow it looks like (I got to the gates on day 4 ;_;. I even got my gate stuff (I think)...I just didn't have the adventures to get past)

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »
Okay! Slime Tube re-opened, tattered scraps of paper spammed, gallbladder squeezed. Piece o' cake. :3

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2012, 04:26:57 PM »
So yeah, I won't be able to do a simeling run tomorrow since I have to bank turns. UncertainKitten, you can open the tube any time you're ready after that.