Author Topic: A Kingdom of Loathing thread? That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.  (Read 58846 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: A Kingdom of Loathing thread? That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2012, 04:33:40 PM »
Thanks a lot! 800k, yes? I'll have to send it from my alt.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2012, 08:15:12 PM »
So yeah, I won't be able to do a simeling run tomorrow since I have to bank turns. UncertainKitten, you can open the tube any time you're ready after that.

Sure. I should be prism breaking today so I can open it at rollover tonight.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2012, 09:40:26 PM »
Right, I was busy. Opening Slime tube now, going to do what you asked and then it's all yours.

EDIT: All squeezed, fire at will Regal
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:51:08 PM by UncertainKitten »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #243 on: April 25, 2012, 12:02:25 AM »
Done.

Any further requests will have to wait until at least 3 days later, because I'll be basement running for tomorrow and the day after.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #244 on: April 25, 2012, 12:59:30 AM »
Awesome, thanks~

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2012, 03:50:44 AM »
A reminder that I ascended, so no more slimeling runs from me.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #246 on: May 01, 2012, 03:50:22 PM »
If any of you guys are interested in getting more slimy eyeballs for PvP, the easiest way is to get all six 120MP hobopolis spells and buff your myst to a specific range so they do just under 500 damage to Mother Slime. Make sure you turn off all sources of +ML and passive damage (especially saucespheres!)

Some simple target Mysts, using no spell damage increasers other than Pieces in the Skyes:
Mother Slime with 0 +ML: 3932-4051 (target damage 492-499)
Mother Slime with 20 +ML (one squeeze): 3986-4051 (target damage 495-499)
Mother Slime with -100 +ML (Space Trip Safety Headphone): 3620-4051 (target damage 475-499)
Mother Slime with -80 +ML (Space Trip Safety headphone + squeeze): 3692-4051 (target damage 479-499)
Mother Slime with -115 +ML (Headphone, Drowsy Sword and Nasty Rat mask): 3583-4051 (target damage 473-499)
Mother Slime with -95 +ML (Above gears and one squeeze): 3638-4051 (target damage 474-499)

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2012, 12:34:59 AM »
Guess who has two thumbs and got a four day =D?

This chick!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2012, 11:13:03 PM »
So, who's started on the new ascension path? I hope all the early bugs have been worked out.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »
I barely started on it yesterday.  Had been neglecting KoL for other things, like PS2 game binging(Ar tonelico II and Shadow of the Colossus, to be precise), so I wound up just dropping my then-current ascension and starting anew.  (It was a Boris run, so it's not like it'll take too long to do another one, even at my crap pace.)

Anyway, from what I've read and from my first day it seems sort of interesting, and i'm glad the tower's gone, but having to do all the quests AND the entire ship is leaving a sort of bad taste in my mouth.  If they've got that big ol' ship there, why couldn't they just say "Do the main quests enough to unlock the areas to get the bugbears to fight, then just clean out the ship"?  I knew they said the new path would make ascension take longer, but this feels almost artificial to me.  *shrug*  Might just be me though.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #250 on: May 21, 2012, 01:43:53 AM »
I'm started on the new path; this is the first seasonal challenge I've done so far, and right now I'm still kind of early so I haven't really had a chance to experience the significant changes.

Meanwhile, going for the Boss Boss trophy; Boss Bat and Baron von Ratsworth have been defeated at maximum level with the help of buffs from the recent Crimbo items, Goblin King should be fairly soon.

Jq1790

« Reply #251 on: May 21, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »
I'm started on the new path; this is the first seasonal challenge I've done so far, and right now I'm still kind of early so I haven't really had a chance to experience the significant changes.

Meanwhile, going for the Boss Boss trophy; Boss Bat and Baron von Ratsworth have been defeated at maximum level with the help of buffs from the recent Crimbo items, Goblin King should be fairly soon.
Once you're past Ratsworth, isn't that basically the end of that challenge, given that the other stuff can more readily be buffed past as well?  Me, I don't go for trophies, but I collect ones I can do just as a random thing or if I've already basically completed it without really trying, like the 'cook x recipes' type things, but I've got a friend who's trying to get as many as he can get.

« Reply #252 on: May 21, 2012, 07:38:39 PM »
Once you're past Ratsworth, isn't that basically the end of that challenge, given that the other stuff can more readily be buffed past as well?

Yeah, Baron von Ratsworth is actually probably (IMO, at least) the hardest part of Boss Boss since he scales. Absolute worst case on all the others just plow through right before you hit up the NS's lair, though in practice you'll be quite solidly fine to take the others on even unbuffed well before that.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #253 on: June 08, 2012, 02:09:43 AM »
Ah, crap, can't let this get autolocked.

>You acquire an item: ancient calendar
This would be more useful if the sword behind inappropriate prepositions was not two-handed :<

Jq1790

« Reply #254 on: June 08, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »
Ah, crap, can't let this get autolocked.

>You acquire an item: ancient calendar
This would be more useful if the sword behind inappropriate prepositions was not two-handed :<
But as a bonus, it's available earlier, and you don't need skills to make it IIRC, so it kinda balances out, right?

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »
But as a bonus, it's available earlier, and you don't need skills to make it IIRC, so it kinda balances out, right?
Yep! I imagine it being more useful in the middle of a hardcore ascension if you don't have access to Innabox and/or Super-Advanced Meatsmithing.

Jq1790

« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »
Yep! I imagine it being more useful in the middle of a hardcore ascension if you don't have access to Innabox and/or Super-Advanced Meatsmithing.
Innabox can't even make the Chrome Sword that beCOMES the SBIP, so it's even more useful.  Don't know what all Innabox could smith that gives +advs, given he can't do anything that would normally require a skill.