Author Topic: A Kingdom of Loathing thread? That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.  (Read 59066 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: A Kingdom of Loathing thread? That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »
So, who's already started on the new challenge path? I thought it looked hard due to misreading it, but upon further examination, this seems like a really good source of free karma.

The big hits so far against me have been: No looking glass, no spirit hobo.
However, the scarecrow makes up for the hobo. Sadly, I have no way around the looking glass.

What will suck is when the fax machine rotates out ;_;.

« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2011, 12:19:12 AM »
The big hits so far against me have been: No looking glass, no spirit hobo.
However, the scarecrow makes up for the hobo. Sadly, I have no way around the looking glass.

What will suck is when the fax machine rotates out ;_;.

We'll still have the April Shower, though! I know it's not a replacement for the Mad Hatter and queen cookies, but it's still something.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2011, 03:41:20 AM »
We'll still have the April Shower, though! I know it's not a replacement for the Mad Hatter and queen cookies, but it's still something.

Mad Hatter in run. You can't use Queen Cookies until level 13.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2011, 08:38:30 PM »
I never ever use the Fax Machine so it won't be a big deal for me when it's gone. The looking glass, however, will be painful to miss.

« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2011, 08:14:36 PM »
So, recently managed to get my first ascension, going for a second Pastamancer run so I can carry Pastamastery and Transcendental Noodlecraft on whatever I roll. Going to probably use Sauceror on my next run or two so I can abuse scrumpdiddlyumptious solutions for fun and profit

Also, stores in the mall are starting to catch on that I'm just buying 1/day potions at the floor price just to resell and I've been blacklisted :V

« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »
Had a brainfart last time I ascended and ended up doing my teetotaller run as a disco bandit :V
Still, I usually forget to eat, drink and be merry so it's not too bad.

« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »
Announcement: scarecrows are awesome. Give one a basic meat kilt and you've got an effective fairytato.

That is all.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2011, 05:26:43 AM »
Oh man, Advent Calendar time :3

Spoiler:
Time to go to the Lollipop Forest

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »
So I've been busy with Trendcore Sauceror (first Sauceror ascension, in fact) and schoolwork, too busy to look into things. Has anyone gotten this month's Item of the Month yet? How is it? I heard something about epic food and booze being possible last I checked.

« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2011, 08:40:10 PM »
I heard something about epic food and booze being possible last I checked.

Yep, if you harvest it every day and don't fuss over the bigger stuff you can get three epic booze or one each epic food and booze out of it (given enough base booze, and these are all 2 fullness/drunk). There's also some equipment, a familiar, and some combat junk. I'll probably keep using mine for consumption and once prices go down a bit more buy the sprouts for the bigger items and the giant candycane on the mall (and, well, my alt only has the mall option =P).

tl;dr it's actually pretty sweet because yay epic consumables. If you missed getting pumpkins like most of us did it's an amazing buy, though I think the pumpkins might be slightly better overall.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2011, 11:27:20 PM »
And it's not just the food and booze that are interesting me-- the cane-mail shirt looks pretty useful, and the peppermint rhino and giant candy cane (along with the licorice roots) make me think that +candy drops are gonna be a thing this Crimbo season. :o

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2011, 12:42:35 AM »
A few days ago, after a loooooong hiatus, I'm back to playing KoL.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2011, 07:24:17 PM »
"I need a clockwork key for a clockwork chef-in-the-box."
* Akemi Homururo adventures in the Thugnderdome. Gets a clockwork key after a whole lot o' adventures.
"Oh, huh, damn. I'll need more flanges to finish this thing."
* Akemi Homururo barely gets started on the search for flanges before getting three more clockwork keys almost one after the other

There is no justice in this world.

« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2011, 11:10:42 PM »
First Seal Clubber run finished. Now I can take the rest of the month in aftercore to work on Crimbo stuff. o/

EDIT: aww yeah
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:42:28 AM by Nazrdj »

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2011, 05:27:17 AM »
* Akemi Homururo barely gets started on the search for flanges before getting three more clockwork keys almost one after the other
I can imagine a lot of people wanting to hunt you down and murder you for that kind of RNG, Ruro.

Me, I never really cared about the Clockwork stuff(Haven't Ascended many times, only gone Moxie once), though I think I DID get a Clockwork Maid when I did so.  I just don't do enough crafting to need the crafting helpers, I suppose.

(Especially in THIS run, where i'm going OxyCore anyway...Figures I'd be doing that when Crimbo came up, eh?)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2011, 06:58:33 PM »
Ahh, Crimbo's awesome. I made a million meat yesterday and today from farming fudgecules and I've been getting like 200 Moxie stats a fight at the same time. Level 30's going to be a piece of cake at this rate. :)

Jq1790

« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2011, 08:31:50 PM »
Ahh, Crimbo's awesome. I made a million meat yesterday and today from farming fudgecules and I've been getting like 200 Moxie stats a fight at the same time. Level 30's going to be a piece of cake at this rate. :)
Oh, guessing you've got the tourniquet or something(That's the one that enables scaling, right?)?  I've never tried going past Level 15 or so, so I don't know how high stat gains can get at super high levels...

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2011, 09:14:29 PM »
I can imagine a lot of people wanting to hunt you down and murder you for that kind of RNG, Ruro.
You know what really trivializes clockwork keys? Transcendent Olfaction + Rave Steal. My alt got the Gadget Inspector trophy in just two days just using those two techniques. In the case above, I was just using Olfaction since Saucerors are cooks, not ravers.

And speaking of Sauceror aaaaaaaagh I have to break the prism as fast as I can so I can get in on Crimbo already >_<

Jq1790

« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2011, 10:14:27 PM »
You know what really trivializes clockwork keys? Transcendent Olfaction + Rave Steal. My alt got the Gadget Inspector trophy in just two days just using those two techniques. In the case above, I was just using Olfaction since Saucerors are cooks, not ravers.

And speaking of Sauceror aaaaaaaagh I have to break the prism as fast as I can so I can get in on Crimbo already >_<
Haha, I imagine Olfaction would help...for those woh've actually taken the time to farm their Lucre, anyway.  I kept meaning to before, but kept getting distracted.  Might pick it up after this Pastamancer run's over (So I can finally have that Pocketwatch I've wanted, and such), and I'm not sure if i'll keep working on THAT until after Crimbo's over, so I don't miss out on anything particularly good if possible.  *sigh*  All that, and a clan me and my friend are trying to gather Meat for needs to be funded cuz he want to open a Basement so we can eventually start going to places like Hobopolis, etc.  Oy vey.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2011, 10:46:33 PM »

Psh, lemme show you my stat gains when I get to my powerlevelling segment today~. I'll edit this post then.

You gain 273 Strengthliness.
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 270 Magicalness.
You gain 777 Smarm.
You gain a Moxie point!

Granted, I only run that for 60 advs.

(My datums if it helps:
UncertainKitten
Level 20
Disco Bandit
Muscle:   1644 (249)
Mysticality:   1728 (254)
Moxie:   4133 (388))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 12:36:31 AM by USSRKitten »

« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2011, 12:39:38 AM »
Not quite as awesome as UK's, but here's what I'm getting with the equipment in the last picture I posted.

« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2011, 02:24:11 AM »
Psh, lemme show you my stat gains when I get to my powerlevelling segment today~. I'll edit this post then.

You gain 273 Strengthliness.
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 270 Magicalness.
You gain 777 Smarm.
You gain a Moxie point!

Granted, I only run that for 60 advs.

(My datums if it helps:
UncertainKitten
Level 20
Disco Bandit
Muscle:   1644 (249)
Mysticality:   1728 (254)
Moxie:   4133 (388))

Niiice, that's a lot of buffs. But yeah, I know it could go a lot higher, I'm just being frugal with my buffs since I'll be Crimbo farming for a while yet. (I'm only running hair spray and serum of sarcasm + equipment (hooray Brimstone!))

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2011, 04:28:26 AM »
Niiice, that's a lot of buffs. But yeah, I know it could go a lot higher, I'm just being frugal with my buffs since I'll be Crimbo farming for a while yet. (I'm only running hair spray and serum of sarcasm + equipment (hooray Brimstone!))

That's why I only do about 60 advs (I did forget my brimstone boxers though!)
For about 150K I can run Purity of Spirit, Cock of the Walk, Superhuman Sarcasm, Gr8tness, Je Ne Seis Porqois, Tomato Power, Izchak's Blessing, Butt-Rock Hair, Towering Strength, Mitre Cut, Knight Life, The Royal We, Full of Wist, So Fresh and So Clean, No Worries, Stuck That Way, and probably stuff I'm forgetting for 60 advs. This also takes 2 fullness for the queen cookie effects. Either way, this gains me 1.5 levels per day, so far.

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2011, 05:03:56 AM »
With today's fantastic Crimbo update, we may want to organize our gift-giving in some way so that we don't, for example, have tow different people giving someone the same big-ticket item. :V

« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2011, 02:45:17 PM »
Would probably be a good idea, yeah. At least with last year, I'm pretty sure no two people got the same Secret Santa; here, there's no way to guarantee people won't get multiples.

I know UK's already sent some gifts out; should we start making a table?

« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2011, 04:06:14 PM »
Hm, according to the forum, you apparently can't get sent the same big gift twice anyway, so no worries about that.

Who'd like a gift?

« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2011, 05:50:16 PM »
Hm, according to the forum, you apparently can't get sent the same big gift twice anyway, so no worries about that.

Oh, OK.

I am totally in favor of as many gifts as possible on both characters. :V (Both giving as well as getting, so never fear =P)

EDIT in order to not double-post: Apparently the best candy credit yield per adventure seems to be playing Porko in spaaaaaaaaaaace and then spending your isotopes on Comet Pops to trade in. Each pop is 25 credits and Porko does cost one isotope to play but will usually yield you multiple isotopes.

EDIT EDIT: oh man they changed COmet Pops to be only one credit. D:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 05:25:22 AM by Arashi Kurobara »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2011, 09:32:30 PM »
I keep trying to send gifts to folks, but it already seems that they've all already got the big stuff. :<

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2011, 09:34:01 PM »
A table sounds nice. I'd like to give someone something

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2011, 09:40:02 PM »
A table sounds nice.

Well it turns out we don't actually need a table 'cause you can't give someone a big-ticket item someone else has given them. So just trial-and-error until you get one through, or give to the needy and you shall receive in return~