Author Topic: Is it time for Reimu and Marisa to retire?  (Read 33201 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Is it time for Reimu and Marisa to retire?
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2010, 07:07:04 AM »
I was thinking of making this side-scrolling platformer where Yorihime is the player character and she invades Gensokyo ... and the majority of the boss battles are "losing is mandatory" bosses that have cutscenes where you get beaten up out of gameplay if you win, and if you lose the game keeps going, they just skip the "you get beaten out of gameplay" part of the cutscene.

But it got a bit too big.

I should hug you for this on principal. :V

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2010, 07:11:13 AM »
*purrs* |3

Oh, and also, she learns A Valuable Lesson in the process. Or not, depending on the number of optional bosses you fought.

It's ended up about twice as long as Metal Gear Solid, and about as brain-twisty. (Not as brain-twisty as MGS2, though, on the grounds that you actually know going in that it's going to be like this ...)

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »
This may be slightly off topic, but looking at the 'retire' in the title, I suddenly see Marisa and Reimu as nice, little, old ladies sitting at the shrine while looking at their successors. Maybe even Yukari and several other youkai pop in (all mostly unchanged) to memorize about the good old times.

Then Cirno causes trouble near the shrine and Reimu and Marisa suddenly become badass grannies and kick Cirno across Gensokyo.

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2010, 03:04:10 AM »
This may be slightly off topic, but looking at the 'retire' in the title, I suddenly see Marisa and Reimu as nice, little, old ladies sitting at the shrine while looking at their successors. Maybe even Yukari and several other youkai pop in (all mostly unchanged) to memorize about the good old times.
SPOILER: The final touhou game reveals that everything was just the girls having one big flashback. =V

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2010, 07:41:29 AM »
I'd say make Sanae available in 3 different choices.

like the old Reimu games.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2010, 10:01:09 AM »
The stories are barely about reimu anymore. How interesting is reimu suppose to be these days except to be the I'll kill you all shrine maiden ?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2010, 10:18:58 AM »
The story hasn't been about Reimu since Story of Eastern Wonderland. >_> However, Reimu is a vessel for which to carry the story, as it is her duty to become involved in everything strange.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2010, 02:58:15 PM »
The story hasn't been about Reimu since Story of Eastern Wonderland. >_> However, Reimu is a vessel for which to carry the story, as it is her duty to become involved in everything strange.

And that's why mima needs to return.  :V

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2010, 03:04:45 AM »
SPOILER: The final touhou game reveals that everything was just the girls having one big flashback. =V
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
the flashbacks are from Reimu, who is dying, due to an internal hemorrhage from her fight with Yorihime. Marisa has to replace Reimu as the protagonist, since she's human and is familiar with youkai 'exorcism', Aya becomes Marisa's partner, Sakuya tries to murder Yukari for having sent them to the moon, which resulted in Reimu's condition, Yukari is forced to ask Sanae to use the powers of both Kanako and Suwako to exterminate the SDM, in order to contain Sakuya and prevent a revolt against herself, without drawing attention.

Tenshi witnesses Sanae's attack on the SDM, and realizes that it was Yukari's maneuver. She then talks about it to Marisa, and explains that in order to defeat Yukari, she and Aya must first defeat Yuyuko. Marisa visits Yuka, and convinces her to make the Saigyou Ayakashi bloom fully, unsealing Yuyuko's human self, which is then murdered by Marisa, followed by Youmu.

Without Yuyuko, it's Eirin's turn to make Yukari pay for having stirred the unrest in the lunar capital and have put the blame on her. She decides to summon Toyohime to eliminate her and clear Eirin's name. Eirin herself fought Ran, but is betrayed by Tenshi, who kills her, and allows Ran to take revenge on Toyohime. With Toyohime dead, it's the lunarians' turn to invade the world they've forsaken as a prison, and with this, all of the mortal Earth creatures die screaming, while Reimu still can hear them. And so, her memories are no more.

edit: nothing. :p
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 03:06:40 AM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2010, 02:24:54 PM »
Eh, I don't see a problem with bringing in other PCs, but Reimu and Marisa are Touhou. What you're asking for is the equivalent of seeing Van Halen fronted by Sammy Hagar instead of David Lee Roth. And we all know how much Van Hagar sucks.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2010, 03:22:29 PM »
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
the flashbacks are from Reimu, who is dying, due to an internal hemorrhage from her fight with Yorihime. Marisa has to replace Reimu as the protagonist, since she's human and is familiar with youkai 'exorcism', Aya becomes Marisa's partner, Sakuya tries to murder Yukari for having sent them to the moon, which resulted in Reimu's condition, Yukari is forced to ask Sanae to use the powers of both Kanako and Suwako to exterminate the SDM, in order to contain Sakuya and prevent a revolt against herself, without drawing attention.

Tenshi witnesses Sanae's attack on the SDM, and realizes that it was Yukari's maneuver. She then talks about it to Marisa, and explains that in order to defeat Yukari, she and Aya must first defeat Yuyuko. Marisa visits Yuka, and convinces her to make the Saigyou Ayakashi bloom fully, unsealing Yuyuko's human self, which is then murdered by Marisa, followed by Youmu.

Without Yuyuko, it's Eirin's turn to make Yukari pay for having stirred the unrest in the lunar capital and have put the blame on her. She decides to summon Toyohime to eliminate her and clear Eirin's name. Eirin herself fought Ran, but is betrayed by Tenshi, who kills her, and allows Ran to take revenge on Toyohime. With Toyohime dead, it's the lunarians' turn to invade the world they've forsaken as a prison, and with this, all of the mortal Earth creatures die screaming, while Reimu still can hear them. And so, her memories are no more.

edit: nothing. :p

The ultimate bad end :'(

I really hope Touhou ends with a big, happy ending without any casualities, and that Reimu and Marisa (EDIT: and ofcourse Sanae, Sakuya and Youmu) get to live with their youkai friends for ever and ever....

Yes, I'm a softy.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:45:34 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2010, 05:36:36 PM »
The ultimate bad end :'(

I really hope Touhou ends with a big, happy ending without any casualities, and that Reimu and Marisa get to live with their youkai for ever and ever....

Yes, I'm a softy.

Oh so Sakuya and Sanae are chopped liver? they can just rot? tsk >=P

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2010, 05:41:30 PM »
Oh so Sakuya and Sanae are chopped liver? they can just rot? tsk >=P

They were going to get destroyed by the Lunarians too at the end. Yes, the moonbitches destroying the Earth is in my eyes very much a bad end. Though I'm happy Ran kicked Toyohime's ass.

Oh, if you're regarding to the happy end, I automatically mean everyone in the series with friends, so the forever and ever counts for them too.

Fine, I'll fix it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:43:57 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2010, 01:48:28 PM »
They were going to get destroyed by the Lunarians too at the end. Yes, the moonbitches destroying the Earth is in my eyes very much a bad end. Though I'm happy Ran kicked Toyohime's ass.

Oh, if you're regarding to the happy end, I automatically mean everyone in the series with friends, so the forever and ever counts for them too.

Fine, I'll fix it.

Suddenly! Sariel comes down from heaven while Shinki and Mima rise from Makai and screws over the Lunarians.

Spoiler:
Then Galactus shows up.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2010, 02:32:19 PM »
I see a flaw in your logic: Why would the Lunarians try to conquer a world that they want absolutely nothing to do with?  Can't say I blame them, either..

Of course, I for one welcome our new freaking hot alien overlords~  Oh Yori, my beautiful princess... Mmmm~<3  ...Ahem.

Spoiler:
Yes, I know the reason that it's so obviously stupid is because it's a joke, but I like to poke holes in things~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2010, 02:35:39 PM »
Spoiler:
Then Galactus shows up.

Spoiler:
Followed by Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Spoiler:

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2010, 02:37:59 PM »
Spoiler:
Followed by Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Then Ideon explodes, killing everyone and everything~  Ufufu~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2010, 02:39:57 PM »
Spoiler:
Then Ideon explodes, killing everyone and everything~  Ufufu~

Game Over.
Mission Resets.
No Battle Mastery for you.
Use your seishins more effectively next time.

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »
I see a flaw in your logic: Why would the Lunarians try to conquer a world that they want absolutely nothing to do with?  Can't say I blame them, either..

Of course, I for one welcome our new freaking hot alien overlords~  Oh Yori, my beautiful princess... Mmmm~<3  ...Ahem.

they didn't came to conquer the Earth, but to devastate it as a retaliation for Toyohime's death.
Spoiler:
didn't you think that Tenshi wanted them to do this, in order to have the Earth for herself? ;)

I think that there are flaws in my logic, that story was a bit rushed (based in some key points, like
Spoiler:
Aya being present in all games until UFO
and
Spoiler:
Sakuya fans raging over her being 'replaced' by Sanae
), but for now, all I can say is, "nice try" :p
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »
Game Over.
Mission Resets.
No Battle Mastery for you.
Use your seishins more effectively next time.
And I immediately get MGS2's VR-Missions "mission failed" theme in my head. D'oh!