Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order: 3rd Anniversary  (Read 143852 times)

Re: Fate/Choco Order 2.018: Bananarama
« Reply #390 on: May 30, 2018, 10:08:11 PM »
Oh, right, I guess I started this last night.  Don't know what from my first draws are notable (no 5*s but given I already know the rate on those is beyond dumb I'm not holding out hopes on that) and I have no idea what I'm doing, but hey, it might be a fun diversion for a while I suppose?

ID is 823,174,186 if people want to add me.  I'm waiting on adding others til I think I can possibly contribute something but I won't stop other people~
I'll go ahead and add you right now then, I don't have anyone super great yet myself but on the off chance they might be helpful, feel free.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #391 on: May 30, 2018, 11:59:48 PM »
ID is 823,174,186 if people want to add me.  I'm waiting on adding others til I think I can possibly contribute something but I won't stop other people~
Went ahead and added you, I'm the one with a max grailed Altera (Lv. 100) and a nearly max grailed Nero Bride (Lv. 98).

« Reply #392 on: May 31, 2018, 03:58:45 AM »
Just squeezed out 10 more rounds of 2BP in the final 38 minutes of the raid, thanks to Kiro's Gilgamesh being just absolutely godly for 2BP.

Just wow. I had to step away earlier and couldn't finish off my riceballs, I didn't think I'd get to use them all up but I barely managed it now that I'm home. Final total is 221 million here, and I cleared out the shop except for pieces/monuments.

Now to prepare for the next grinding hell...

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #393 on: May 31, 2018, 04:01:45 AM »
I went to 210m, plenty of rice balls left over, I'll just turn them to QP.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

« Reply #394 on: May 31, 2018, 04:08:46 AM »
443m, cleared shop except monuments, 3 Ushi and 1 Kintoki drop. Guess I used up my CE drop luck on the previous event, I really wanted 2 MLB Kintoki CE. :(

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #395 on: May 31, 2018, 05:30:45 AM »
Out of curiosity, how much have real money we spent on SQ?

I spent 2 $80 packages earlier, then recently I saw one of the random Costco iTunes Card deals (a $200 card for $165) and bought 2 of those. So it's pretty much 4 more $80 packages with the 5th one being complimentary. However, I've only used $160 of those and I don't pull more of the balance into my FGO account until I run out of actual quartz. Keeps the temptation away. I usually throw about 90 quartz for event banners and cut myself off there; although I was weak for Okita (120) and Jalter (150) and didn't succeed there. This balance will hopefully last through the Summer event, but Ruler Martha is to die for (and I wouldn't say no to Caster Marie either). So yea, gonna throw 3 10-rolls at genki Sanzou and hope for her or Li Shuwen.

I did 800 million damage by the end (75 3 BP runs on Day 7). Gil, Double Waver, Jeanne with Kaleido, Mashu, Sasaki. Tried to make it as brainless as possible, Jeanne NP tanks Ibaraki NP, kill or do as much damage as possible depending on how long Gil survived. I had free time over the Memorial Day weekend so I'd eat a Golden riceball, do 3 BP runs which took pretty much 35 minutes, watch an episode of anime, repeat. That... was not a terrible day at least.

Let's Go West!!! The shop is so good... but everyone says you need to prioritize your purchases or fall to EX Madness. HEARTS, GOLD GEMS, AND FEATHERS!!!!!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #396 on: May 31, 2018, 07:35:12 AM »
I forgot those card deals exist. Doubt I could prod my parents into letting me buy them, though (I'm the only one in the family without a membership, lol).

Final damage 361,139,424 because I was a derp and forgot that I kind of need to use the jelly donuts throughout the event because I was working. I was kind of hoping the bonus battle with Shuten would be harder, but I get why it was that difficulty.

Also oh fuck it's literally already starting?!
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #397 on: May 31, 2018, 08:02:06 AM »
Ah yes, 100AP for the first main quest and no free 3 star CE given.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #398 on: May 31, 2018, 08:14:45 AM »
Did the first Free mission, and I understand the "Grind Hell" concept is coming from already...

Did the 10 roll once (w/ 30 SQ)...  1 Event CE and 4* Tamano Cat (which retires Kiyohime as my lead Berserker).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 08:22:30 AM by Aya Reiko »

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #399 on: May 31, 2018, 01:27:10 PM »
So, how hard should I try to go on this event?  Unlike the last one I'm eligible to play it, but...  I figured Id at least get the one copy of the 5* CE in the shop but I dunno what further to do or if I should just drop it after that and work on the main story more and such.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #400 on: May 31, 2018, 02:06:07 PM »
So, how hard should I try to go on this event?  Unlike the last one I'm eligible to play it, but...  I figured Id at least get the one copy of the 5* CE in the shop but I dunno what further to do or if I should just drop it after that and work on the main story more and such.

For everyone that isn't experienced with this hellish hell called Journey to the West, here is a helpful guide.

Basically, the deal with the event is that it's a VERY grindy one. It's infamous for making you eat apples (including rainbow ones) to farm IF you don't have a lot of the Gacha CE's that drop the currencies. You can either go easy and farm what you need to clear the store from those items you need, or can go madman and farm the hell out of the nodes without the CE's...

It's recommended that, if you don't own the Gacha CE's (a lot of them), to just farm the materials you are low with.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #401 on: May 31, 2018, 05:06:36 PM »
Yikes, people weren't kidding about the grind.

I'm just gonna focus on finishing the event and pick up Hearts, probably.

Meanwhile, it turns out Xuanzang herself is hilarious and has great animations so I might do a couple token pulls.  I'm still missing a 5* Caster, Assassin, and Rider...

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #402 on: May 31, 2018, 05:39:22 PM »
This is he~ell?

It wouldn't be so bad if the Currency/AP ratio wasn't so bad.

?

??

I wAnT tO dIeEeEe!!!!

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #403 on: May 31, 2018, 06:07:08 PM »
I just got the first CE and I am having regrets already of playing this event again.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

« Reply #404 on: May 31, 2018, 06:28:44 PM »
I decided to put one roll into the gacha and it has been kind to me in regards to easing up the grind
Spoiler:
(4 peach CE, 2 pork bun CE, 1 five-star CE)
[/size] really wish I had gotten Sanzang tho but I can't afford to use all my quartz right now.

I'll equip the appropriate CEs to my supports in a minute but Medusa and Lu Bu are both level 1, so :(
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 06:31:30 PM by Rei Scarlette »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #405 on: May 31, 2018, 07:42:01 PM »
Don't worry too much right now about the Servant bonuses. Lu Bu, David, Li Shuwen, and Xuanzang are the only ones who provide bonuses right now. The rest of them are only useful in the second half.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #406 on: May 31, 2018, 10:39:31 PM »
Somehow managed to pull one of each of the gacha CEs with two ten-pulls. A little disappointed I didn't get any new servants, but oh well. The grind hasn't been too bad so far, but it's annoying trying to find someone with a decent Shuwen to farm the peaches.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #407 on: June 01, 2018, 05:43:40 AM »
Somehow managed to pull one of each of the gacha CEs with two ten-pulls. A little disappointed I didn't get any new servants, but oh well. The grind hasn't been too bad so far, but it's annoying trying to find someone with a decent Shuwen to farm the peaches.
If you can't find a decent Shuwen or if you're facing off against a bunch of Sabers, go with someone with the 4* CE instead.

FYI, Da Vinci's shop has refreshed (except for the CE).

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #408 on: June 01, 2018, 10:25:19 AM »
damnit Fionn spook you're lucky I don't RP you

Move eternally forward,

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #409 on: June 01, 2018, 09:14:55 PM »
I'm now a believer in rolling while you're on the porcelain throne of heroes. :V
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #410 on: June 02, 2018, 02:42:06 AM »
If you can't find a decent Shuwen or if you're facing off against a bunch of Sabers, go with someone with the 4* CE instead.

FYI, Da Vinci's shop has refreshed (except for the CE).
It actually ended up being less annoying than I thought it'd be once I'd finished. If anything, finding a decent Sanzang with the 5* CE equipped was worse.

« Reply #411 on: June 02, 2018, 02:48:31 AM »
It actually ended up being less annoying than I thought it'd be once I'd finished. If anything, finding a decent Sanzang with the 5* CE equipped was worse.
I just throw them in the backline. :V

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #412 on: June 02, 2018, 07:59:45 AM »
I've arrived at the farm for Gold Pills/100's of Talismans stage.

This is Beyond Hell.

« Reply #413 on: June 02, 2018, 08:45:42 AM »
I've arrived at the farm for Gold Pills/100's of Talismans stage.

This is Beyond Hell.
What I did to make this phase a lot less of a pain for myself, was I found a friend who had Arjuna with the pill CE equipped. You'll get a tiny bit less pills than a Sanzang support, but the fact that level 90 Arjuna can completely wipe the third wave with his NP more than makes up for it, for me. (Edit: Gilgamesh might do the same thing, but I already had an Arjuna equipped like such among my friends. But I'm sure he's another good option)

I'd rather not spend 9 extra turns taking out those centaurs who are mysteriously a lot meatier than the previous two waves. Those two gave me more trouble than Mordred ever did.

of course none of that matters if you already have no trouble actually taking out the enemies, find a sanzang in that case i guess

It is a lot of repeated grinding though thanks to the sheer number of pills you need, you'll probably have 450 talismans long before 600 pills. I'm at 377 and I still need 247 more pills.

----------------------------------------

Also SEVERE LACK of Octuplet Crystals on my end. Astolfo has been sitting at level 60 for 2 weeks now and I cannot ascend him because they won't drop, and now I need to spend my AP on this event so I can't even try farming more just yet.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 08:58:14 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #414 on: June 02, 2018, 05:00:36 PM »
What I did to make this phase a lot less of a pain for myself, was I found a friend who had Arjuna with the pill CE equipped. You'll get a tiny bit less pills than a Sanzang support, but the fact that level 90 Arjuna can completely wipe the third wave with his NP more than makes up for it, for me. (Edit: Gilgamesh might do the same thing, but I already had an Arjuna equipped like such among my friends. But I'm sure he's another good option)

I'd rather not spend 9 extra turns taking out those centaurs who are mysteriously a lot meatier than the previous two waves. Those two gave me more trouble than Mordred ever did.

of course none of that matters if you already have no trouble actually taking out the enemies, find a sanzang in that case i guess

It is a lot of repeated grinding though thanks to the sheer number of pills you need, you'll probably have 450 talismans long before 600 pills. I'm at 377 and I still need 247 more pills.

----------------------------------------

Also SEVERE LACK of Octuplet Crystals on my end. Astolfo has been sitting at level 60 for 2 weeks now and I cannot ascend him because they won't drop, and now I need to spend my AP on this event so I can't even try farming more just yet.

Pretty much doing that now, but instead of Arjuna I have a Gil with the CE.

« Reply #415 on: June 03, 2018, 06:22:29 AM »
Got a random 3 great heroes CE drop... immediately after I purchased the 4th one from the shop for 300 pills. Since there is a guaranteed one later according to guides, I am instantly filled with regret having purchased that CE from the shop. I mean there is no way I could have known, really, but that's 300 less pills I would have needed to grind.

Now I'll end up with six copies of the CE, and it still won't be worth it to MLB it...

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #416 on: June 04, 2018, 05:03:34 AM »
Just got a 3GH CE drop... AFTER I've finished the Talisman side of the event (and some time after I bought the 4th from the shop).

My Talisman farm side is fairly solid; l70 Emiya (Asn), l62 Shuten, and a Friend l80 JtR.
My Currency farm side, not so much; l80 Iskandar and a Friend l80 Alteria (Alter Lancer) have so far carried me, barely.  But I haven't settled on a #2.  My assassins would get eaten during rounds 1 & 2 (so Shuten sits on the backline). d'Eon would get 1 shotted by Arjuna, and my Tamano Cat would get 1HK'd too.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #417 on: June 04, 2018, 05:13:00 AM »
I seem to have fairly decent setups for talisman farming and currency farming since I'm fairly successful each time.

Talisman farming involves a Lv. 80 Shiki and a Lv. 80 Carmilla, usually with a friend Shuten or Heroine X. The general rule is to grind NP levels until the final wave and (hopefully) completely annihilate the dragon and Nightingale, though I've always got a Lv. 90 regular Jeanne as backup.

Currency farming involves a Lv. 90 Drake and a Lv. 80 regular Nero with a friend Shuwen. I try to grind their NP during the first wave, though someone always seems to lose it in the second. Once the third wave hits, try to all-out attack Arjuna and Karna with the NPs right out of the gate, though Arjuna usually survives because Shuwen almost always seems to be on the receiving end of the Ashura's NP draining attack. As before though, I've got Jeanne as backup, though I'm also sporting a Lv. 1 Lu Bu and David for better currency gains.

« Reply #418 on: June 04, 2018, 06:05:27 AM »
Farming talismans is pretty easy here, I have a solid setup in my Lv80 Assassin Emiya and a friend's grailed Assassin Emiya with MLB talisman CE. The wyverns and the dragon at the end mean nothing since it's practically raining crits, and Nightingale goes down quickly enough. With a full loadout of talisman CEs it's rather painless grinding.

Currency on the other hand is giving me some real major trouble. That Assassin Emiya is still my best servant, and the daemons just tear him to shreds, so I have to keep him in the back line until the end. Astolfo deals with them reasonably enough, but because I've still been unable to get any Octuplet Crystals, I am not able to take Astolfo any higher than Lv60, so it is a very slow process. The daemons usually have my entire frontline worn down to ~40% before they are gone. I try to keep them alive with Hans, but maybe I should try to bring out Irisviel again for that.

I have not lost to Arjuna and Karna yet, but I had to use a command spell on my first attempt. My best shot is to either take support Drake/Santa Alter to help beat down the Daemons, or support Karna/Lancer Alter to NP both of them and finish off Arjuna quickly since he NPs faster than Karna does.

Either way every currency run feels like a real struggle right now. If only I could ascend Astolfo then at least the first two waves would be easier.

Edit: Another surprise great heroes CE. That makes 7 in total now? (including the shop ones) If I get one more I'm just going to MLB it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 06:27:14 AM by Rei Scarlette »

« Reply #419 on: June 04, 2018, 06:23:27 AM »
2 Great Heroes CE drop so far, 1 more and I'm going to MLB 1 of them. I'm running Artoria of different classes for both with support Waver or servant with event bonus depending on what I can find, only difference is the time need to charge NP. :V