Author Topic: SoEW RC1 [old]  (Read 54080 times)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: Story of Eastern Wonderland English Patch
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 07:00:26 PM »
EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but for some reason, you have to extract and import HUUHI.DAT and HUUMA.CFG individually or EditDisk tosses up an error. Not sure why it does that.
I know that Edit Disk throws up an error for the japanese titled file to replace. I have to rename it every time I replace it by looking at right click, properties, since it has a different name there.
And I got T98. After a while of trying to figure out what was going on, I got it to work. Wow, the music is way different. Drums and everything! :o
I have to ask, the music sounds the same for FM and MIDI but the descriptions say they are different. Is there a way to hear both versions?
Also, it looks like T98 lags the music room because the shapes are moving way slower than in Anex. Not sure if that's right or not. I also can't figure out how to un-fullscreen T98 so I can close the emulation window. I have to run task manager to close it. :V
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:17:13 PM by Agent of the BSoD »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 08:49:02 AM »
I know that Edit Disk throws up an error for the japanese titled file to replace. I have to rename it every time I replace it by looking at right click, properties, since it has a different name there.
Run Editdisk with Applocal, or in a Japanese regional setting by some other means. Then you'll be able to import/export the Japanese file without issue.
I have to ask, the music sounds the same for FM and MIDI but the descriptions say they are different. Is there a way to hear both versions?
The music is indeed different; maybe you'll have to listen to them a few times to see how.
Also, it looks like T98 lags the music room because the shapes are moving way slower than in Anex. Not sure if that's right or not. I also can't figure out how to un-fullscreen T98 so I can close the emulation window. I have to run task manager to close it. :V
F12 brings up the emulation window menu, and from there F10 toggles fullscreen. Be sure to repatch with the regular files if you haven't already, since T98 doesn't let you change the font. Are you using the English T98 emulator linked in the readme?
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »
The music is indeed different; maybe you'll have to listen to them a few times to see how.
Still don't hear any difference... Maybe I'm just not good at that.
F12 brings up the emulation window menu, and from there F10 toggles fullscreen. Be sure to repatch with the regular files if you haven't already, since T98 doesn't let you change the font. Are you using the English T98 emulator linked in the readme?
Yes, I'm using the linked one. Thanks for the help btw!

Is T98-Next compatible with Windows 7? I plan on buying a new laptop with the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate next year.
And as what was said about before with T98 working with Vista and Windows 7, I'm currently running Windows 7 32bit and it works fine, so you shouldn't have a problem. If it's 64bit, I have no idea. ???
TF2 Backpack

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 07:58:57 PM »
And it looks like I was right about it lagging. If I do the "double tap" even on stage 1, it really does slow down the game. I'm not sure how to fix that since I have the frame skip set to 1.
At least the font still looks good.
I still don't know what the last option on the options menu is, normal and truncate. ???
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »
And it looks like I was right about it lagging. If I do the "double tap" even on stage 1, it really does slow down the game. I'm not sure how to fix that since I have the frame skip set to 1.
At least the font still looks good.
I still don't know what the last option on the options menu is, normal and truncate. ???

Well, it's like I said: an older computer isn't quite going to be able to handle full framerate on English T98-next. As for the option in the menu, I'm not entirely sure what it is either, but leave it as "normal". Truncated makes your shots flicker, and makes the vectors in Mima's background display worse.

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 09:05:05 PM »
Two things... : I really can't find the Editdisk thing ppl are talking about and two.... V-V I don't think there's anough space for 5 files D:

But this... are only complaints/worries of a failed noobie

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 09:54:35 PM »
Two things... : I really can't find the Editdisk thing ppl are talking about and two.... V-V I don't think there's anough space for 5 files D:

But this... are only complaints/worries of a failed noobie

A link to Editdisk is in the readme.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 07:27:56 PM »
Ok, I tried what you said about replacing the score stuff to fix the endings but I still can't see them, just the red words.
Also, about that V and W glitch. Now I'm using T98 and in the music room it has a capital W in one of the songs but you used w during conversations, so you got both. Might want to make a note of that.
One more thing, do you see the random lines in the music room's descriptions? A few of the songs have them and it's weird looking. I think that they're in spaces of the text and put at the top of that space.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:10:45 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2010, 07:45:38 PM »
Ok, I tried what you said about replacing the score stuff to fix the endings but I still can't see them, just the red words.

Send me a copy of your score/config files, I'd like to see this myself.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 08:37:30 PM »
Send me a copy of your score/config files, I'd like to see this myself.
I fixed it so yeah. I just deleted the one I was using (since the score was reset) and used a copy of the new one and patched it and it works great! I can see the legible endings now!
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 07:42:27 PM »
I was just wondering, is this still a beta, or is it completed?

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2010, 03:07:01 AM »
It's still a beta. Work is currently being done on the next release candidate.

...besides, I'm sure this topic will wind up stickied when it finally does have its more-or-less final release.

Mr_Alert

• weeeooo weeeooo weeeooo
  • I hope that's from food coloring...
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 05:36:43 AM »
The character graphics used by the sidebar can be found in MIKOFT.BFT, which can be edited using YY-CHR in 16x16 1bpp mode. The way the PC-98 Touhou games modify the character graphics also seems to cause an issue with Anex86's video emulation resulting in the blanking/modification of V and W. Editing MIKOFT.BFT can work around this bug, however.

Here is a translated and fixed MIKOFT.BFT (translated graphics taken from MS):
http://mralert.bumbleb.ath.cx/blah/MIKOFT.BFT

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2010, 08:33:54 AM »
MikoFT.BFT, huh? I figured it might be there, that was the only BFT file I wasn't able to view with AXE.

Well, you've certainly earned a spot in the patch credits. Would you also happen to know where the on-field score numerals are stored?

Mr_Alert

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2010, 09:14:54 PM »
Took a while to find them, but the on-field numerals are in MAIN.EXE near the end of the file.  You can use YY-CHR in 1BPP mode to edit them.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:19:12 PM by Mr_Alert »

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2010, 09:39:40 PM »
Hm, I'll give it a shot. Any bugs/unintended changes associated with editing MAIN.EXE with this utility?

And for that matter, can I have a copy of the graphics used by the MS team for this? I'd like for there to be some consistency between games if possible.

EDIT: Well, I did a runthrough with Anex and it didn't violently explode, so I guess it works.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:31:59 PM by Prime 2.0 »

Mr_Alert

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2010, 11:35:17 PM »
As long as you only edit the in-field numerals or other such things there shouldn't be any issues, unless there's some checksumming code in there or something.  As for MS numerals, they uhh...don't exist...yet.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2010, 03:58:05 AM »
The character graphics used by the sidebar can be found in MIKOFT.BFT, which can be edited using YY-CHR in 16x16 1bpp mode. The way the PC-98 Touhou games modify the character graphics also seems to cause an issue with Anex86's video emulation resulting in the blanking/modification of V and W. Editing MIKOFT.BFT can work around this bug, however.

Here is a translated and fixed MIKOFT.BFT (translated graphics taken from MS):
http://mralert.bumbleb.ath.cx/blah/MIKOFT.BFT
Is this file to be imported in the next patch for this game? I used editdisk to find this file but it's not there. (my guess is that it's in the main or maine files) I'm just curious, that's all. :3
P.S. I fixed the epic slowness with T98-Next. It was easy. :D
TF2 Backpack

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2010, 04:02:39 AM »

Oh? Do tell. It'd be useful if I could run Next with no slowdown.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2010, 06:20:01 AM »
Is this file to be imported in the next patch for this game? I used editdisk to find this file but it's not there. (my guess is that it's in the main or maine files) I'm just curious, that's all. :3

It's in 東方封魔.録, actually. It's basically SoEW's Th##.dat. MAIN and MAINE are the executables used during gameplay and the endings/credits, respectively.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2010, 08:26:07 PM »
Here's what I did, but it may differ depending on your computer's hardware ( ie, the graphics card, but with your vids, it should be fine)
Under MotherBoard Setting, under CPU, set the Type to i486DX (someone else suggested this but, to me, both options are the same result)
Set Clock to Auto (this is what fixed the slowdown for me so Mima isn't very laggy.
Frame Rate is 1.00 and memory size is the 64 MB.
In the Device Manager, click *GDC.nhw and click Setting. Set the Frame Skip to AUTO, which works for me at the moment.
Everything else should be fine.
Let me know how it works for you and if it doesn't, I'll try to help!
P.S. If it's any help for anyone reading this post, I'm running Windows 7 32 bit with a not that great graphics card. (but it works :D)

EDIT: Never mind about what I said about it working. It WAS working. Now it's worse for whatever reason to where the flower tank is very lagged. Once I figure this out I should make a topic on this and for other emulators since I can figure them out, usually.

Well, it's working again. My solution? I didn't do anything except close it and reopen it several times when I was checking what the buttions did on the net. Weird, guess my computer had a hiccup.
Btw, any chance that the ending credits will be translated too?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 06:41:03 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
TF2 Backpack

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 11:26:45 PM »
All right. I put this subject of making them better in it's own topic so it's not here where it doesn't belong.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=6549.0
Just to make everyone's lives better!
TF2 Backpack

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2010, 11:32:44 PM »
Set clock to auto?

Nope, it was always like that and it lags like crazy. So much for getting my hopes up. :<
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »
Set clock to auto?

Nope, it was always like that and it lags like crazy. So much for getting my hopes up. :<
Really? That's weird. Although I have noticed with it that it likes to run slow for no reason, and rebooting it works, sometimes. It was running slow for me just now so I don't know. I'm still going to mess around with that post till I get it just right.
Good luck with it though!
TF2 Backpack

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2010, 12:57:26 AM »
Still don't hear any difference... Maybe I'm just not good at that.Yes, I'm using the linked one. Thanks for the help btw!
Ha. I figured it out now. MPU98.NHW wasn't turned on, and that made all the difference. :D
TF2 Backpack

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 09:59:33 PM »
I must have bad luck with this game. Seriously.
I changed the files to go back to anex and it was fine. Then went back to next because anex is all choppy today. Now I have a problem again. The game loads up fine, but my rank at the bottom of the menu is blank and the options screen is numbers where they aren't supposed to be. Hitting reset fixed that but my rank is still blank only on the main menu.
Also, when I choose the shot type to start the game, the music fades out, like normal, and that's it. Black screen of nothingness.
What am I doing wrong? I do the same thing every time to change the files and it usually always works.
P.S. I do have AppLocale now.
Update: My rank is back but it's still broken.
Update 2: I got a fresh copy of the game and englished it, it was fine. I imported the HUUHI and HUUMA files and it broke again. Does this mean I have to beat the game AGAIN?!

Update 3 (because I really love updates!): I fixed it. It looks like just the HUUHI is the score since my scores are back and it works fine, I'll just test the endings again.

Yep, the ending is fine! I beat it in the process too with the power type! :)
Well, now we all know how to fix the game when it has a concussion now!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:48:45 PM by Agent of the BSoD »
TF2 Backpack

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2010, 01:12:23 PM »
Can I ask a question, do you guys ever plan to traslated all 2-5 touhou games? o3o...

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2010, 10:23:16 PM »
Can I ask a question, do you guys ever plan to traslated all 2-5 touhou games? o3o...

If you would please take a moment to read the yellow text above the download link, and the first paragraph below the download link in the very first post, your question should be answered.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2010, 11:47:46 PM »
I'm not sure if you already knew about this but one of the conversations is cut off during stage 4. Reimu says "Oh, sorry, Gramps, I guess this is the first time you've met he"

It ends right there, without the r in her. I understand it's a space issue. Unless you could extend that word into the next line because she's still speaking, and there is room there.
I've noticed this for a while now but I keep forgetting to post...
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2010, 11:52:36 PM »
I'm not sure if you already knew about this but one of the conversations is cut off during stage 4. Reimu says "Oh, sorry, Gramps, I guess this is the first time you've met he"

It ends right there, without the r in her. I understand it's a space issue. Unless you could extend that word into the next line because she's still speaking, and there is room there.
I've noticed this for a while now but I keep forgetting to post...

Yeah, it's already been fixed. I still need to do a bit more before I release RC2, it'll probably happen sometime in August.

I guess while I'm at it I'll list some of the known issues in RC1 I can think of off the top of my head here.

* Text is cut off in stage 4 dialogue
* Extremely rare music room crash
* Extra stage score tally is untranslated
* Pointer logic option is untranslated due to space restrictions
* Staff Roll header transcription is incomplete due to space restrictions
* Bad ending 3 is messed up due to a missing linebreak
* HUD and on-field numerals are untranslated
* File corruption can cause Anex to crash when loading endings
* Conflicting uses of Yin-Yang/Ying-Yang, should just be using Yin-Yang
* Music room header formatting is inconsistent with original
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:04:01 AM by Prime 2.0 »