Author Topic: SoEW RC1 [old]  (Read 54371 times)

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
  • RIP 7/21/2010-9/10/2010
Re: Story of Eastern Wonderland English Patch
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2010, 08:31:33 PM »
if you get to any of the others, you should just skip 3 and go to 4 and 5 first. since I'm pretty sure that's what most of us care about.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2010, 07:16:43 AM »
You kidding? Speaking as someone who has been waiting for a LLS and MS patch for a year and a half now, I think PoDD would benefit most from an English patch, since it has so many endings.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 10:02:40 PM »
yeah it would, if more people played it. It's just like PoFV in that you don't really need it.

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 10:43:42 PM »
You kidding? Speaking as someone who has been waiting for a LLS and MS patch for a year and a half now, I think PoDD would benefit most from an English patch, since it has so many endings.

I second this notion. Translations are already available for PC-98 games with the exception of endings. If you're going to patch things for the sake of endings, this game needs it more than the others. I'd like to see all of them done, but there's no reason at all to skip PoDD.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2010, 01:26:44 AM »
yeah it would, if more people played it. It's just like PoFV in that you don't really need it.
opinionated person is opinionated

PoDD and PoFV are Touhou games, whether you like them or not.  I would like to see a PoDD patch.  (I would also like to beat PoDD, but you really can't have everything.)

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

StainGlass

• Not the only one
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2010, 04:10:36 AM »
I got around to playing the game in full so thanks again for the patch.

On the score sheet for skill level (I think it was), I got the comment 'you suck, you should die!' and for my second play it was something like 'someone who amounts to nothing' (at least it's an improvement!  :3 )
Oh gosh, are those the real translations? "thankyou for playing, you suck, go die!' :P

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2010, 11:25:56 AM »
Oh gosh, are those the real translations? "thankyou for playing, you suck, go die!' :P
It is one possible translation, I've seen more than one. I went with the "you suck" one because the syntax stuck out(and given that it's the very bottom one, it should), and because I thought it was funnier. I might decide to go with the other one if I can find it, though.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 11:35:35 AM by Prime 2.0 »
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

StainGlass

• Not the only one
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2010, 12:26:32 PM »
Ah, ok. Thanks.
I'll have to try harder next time though :]

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2010, 02:58:19 PM »

...Are you kidding me?

PoFV has its own tournament in Japan. Lots of people play PoDD and PoFV. Do your research.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2010, 08:19:11 PM »
...Are you kidding me?

PoFV has its own tournament in Japan. Lots of people play PoDD and PoFV. Do your research.
Pardon him, Theodotus, he thinks that his own personal preferences and experiences are the laws of nature. :B

Neo Aemilius

• Born with Divine Grace...
  • To love a person, one doesn't need a heart ...
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2010, 03:32:41 AM »
when will the candidate 2 be released? can't wait for effin pc-98 translation ^_^ but I prefer LLS btw >.<

Sleeping Terror

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2010, 11:29:53 PM »
Translations are already available for PC-98 games with the exception of endings.

show me. I have yet to see any patch besides the one in this thread. and I don't really care about the endings, since Zun seems to get off on making it so that you cannot get a good ending on the easy difficulty...

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2010, 01:33:32 AM »
They aren't patches, just translated scripts on the wiki.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2010, 01:42:06 AM »
show me. I have yet to see any patch besides the one in this thread. and I don't really care about the endings, since Zun seems to get off on making it so that you cannot get a good ending on the easy difficulty...

More games have easy mode 1ccs allowed than those that don't. Only LLS, EoSD, MoF, and I think UFO won't give you a good ending on easy mode.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2010, 10:09:08 AM »
curse my wondering eyes. can't concentrate on the player the whole time.

oh, and Hime, just because a game is widely played doesn't neccissarily mean it's important storywise to the rest of the series. 9 is sort of a gap between the 6-8 series (loosely connected, but still a series) and the 10-12 (possibly 13) series. It has it's own story, possibly taking place during a time where a war was going on on the other side of the border... anyway... they are both independant games.

« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »
They aren't patches, just translated scripts on the wiki.

This. Hence the reason people want patches and also the reason people were so interested in the translated PC-98 Let's Plays. The ending translations just haven't been available as a resource before. I never did say anything about patches.

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
sorry, I just misinterpreted what you said.

« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2010, 09:58:56 PM »
More games have easy mode 1ccs allowed than those that don't. Only LLS, EoSD, MoF, and I think UFO won't give you a good ending on easy mode.

I'll just add that you can get a good ending on UFO easy :3

XswordcraftX

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2010, 02:20:06 PM »
Thanks for all your work. So far, I managed to get TH02 running without any glitches on T98-Next. However, I did notice that there was untranslated text in the game.

I noticed that the numbers that show up when you collect point items, as well as the text on the side denoting the lives/bombs/power you have are untranslated. Is it possible to change those?

Two of the tracks in the list are still in Japanese. Additionally, when you select a song, the title of the song that shows up on the top (circled in blue) are still in Japanese--The same goes for most of the other songs, including the ones whose names are translated on the list.

There's also this tidbit in the options menu.

Also, I highly recommend you make your instructions much more detailed than it is in the readme file, as in making step-by-step instructions on how to modify the image file on EditDisk.

You need to write instructions along the lines of this:

1. Extract the SoEW Eng patch RC1rar file. It should contain the "MAIN", "MAINE", "OP", and "東方封魔.録" files.
2. Create a copy of your original Story of Eastern Wonderland image file as a backup in case if something goes wrong.
3. Open DiskEdit.
4. Browse for your Story of Eastern Wonderland image file.
5. Select "Anex86 HDD" (This can be used with both Anex86 and T98-Next).
6. Drag and drop the extracted "MAIN", "MAINE", "OP", and "東方封魔.録" files from your desktop into the DiskEdit window. Replace all files.
7. Your image file has been modified. Close DiskEdit.
8. Open your Story of Eastern Wonderland image file using either T98-Next or Anex86.

You need to take into account the fact that many people here have no idea what EditDisk is, much less how to install/modify files with it. Although I'm pretty good with using computer software myself, even I was caught off-guard and got confused as to how to do it because I've never even used this program before.

Your Thread was good. Your instructions helped me out  real well. Thanks for that but i got another problem.

By alwin90 at 2010-08-26

By alwin90 at 2010-08-26

This is what happens when I try to copy the 東方封魔.録 file into the editdisk. I tried all ways to put it in ( renaming, searching other forum posts) but i cant seem to do anything. Can you help me with that??

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2010, 03:29:54 PM »
It sounds like your computer is having some issues with the file being named using Japanese characters.

Set your computer's region to Japanese, or try using AppLocale to boot up DiskEdit.

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2010, 01:39:49 AM »
As I have mentioned previously(and I believe in the readme), you need to use applocal or a Japanese regional local setting in order to import or export 東方封魔.録.

XswordcraftX

« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2010, 02:30:41 AM »
As I have mentioned previously(and I believe in the readme), you need to use applocal or a Japanese regional local setting in order to import or export 東方封魔.録.
I did read everything.... I wish i knew how to do this settings cus im rather new to this. Could you explain or at least link me on how to use "applocal" or "Japanese regional local setting"?

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2010, 03:14:51 AM »
Applocal is a Microsoft utility that lets you run programs in other regional settings. You can get it here.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2010, 12:44:37 AM »
I also had this problem. (before I got applocale) If you don't have it there is an alternate method that *should* work. It did for me but I don't know how other computers will take it.

Make a copy of that japanese named file somewhere else. I do this because the copy will be imported, there is a reason too. Next, in edit disk, right click the japanese one in the game, choose shell menu, then properties. Copy the name of the file in the text box here, which has no japanese characters, just random stuff, and then to the copy of the japanese file, rename it (you don't need right clicked properties here) to what you just copied. Then you should be able to import it.

I only have you rename a copy so as not to lose the japanese characters on the original.
Just posting this for anyone without applocale.  ;)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Ultra Simon

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2010, 12:21:38 PM »
Hey guys. Thanks for the tutorials some of you put together; they were immensely helpful and couldn't have successfully instalised the English patch without it.

Having said that though, I'm getting this:

Should be in English? Not sure. I used T98-Next to emulate.

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
It looks like you didn't import 東方封魔.録. As previously mentioned, you have to run editdisk in a Japanese regional setting to do anything with that specific file, or you can use the workaround described by Agent of the BSoD.

Ultra Simon

« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2010, 07:46:07 AM »
It looks like you didn't import 東方封魔.録. As previously mentioned, you have to run editdisk in a Japanese regional setting to do anything with that specific file, or you can use the workaround described by Agent of the BSoD.
That's odd, I followed that procedure. I ran EditDisk through AppLoc to do that file, but I am running Windows 7. Do I have to run any of the programs with special compatibility?

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2010, 08:42:15 AM »
Not that I know of, and I haven't received any reports of windows 7 specific problems yet. Did editdisk throw up an error when you imported? Did you click "yes" for confirming to overwrite the file? Are you sure you're running your patched copy, and not your backup? I really have no way of knowing what went wrong here, the dialogue being in Japanese simply means that the copy of SoEW you're using still has the old 東方封魔.録 in it.

...and for that matter, are the shot descriptions translated? I suppose you would have mentioned something if they weren't, though...

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2010, 06:42:47 PM »
I'm currently running Windows 7 also (as you can see under my avi) and I don't have to go through any special permissions at all: no compatibility mode or running as administrator for editdisk. You must be doing something wrong (not saying that you are), or your computer is turning into Cirno. One or the other.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>