Author Topic: Phantasm Romance "+ Edition" (Unofficial)  (Read 27703 times)

Phantasm Romance "+ Edition" (Unofficial)
« on: May 30, 2009, 08:33:36 AM »
Phantasm Romance is not owned by me.

Now that we have THAT out of the way, I've been tinkering around with the Phantasm Romance
code and made it different, yet better. I've modified some of the images to... look better. I might also
be changing the .mid files to high-quality .wav files. Unfortunately, sound effects sound like crap when
you add them to Phantasm Romance so I decided to leave it without.

As far as game play goes I haven't changed much. I'll most likely be making it so it's harder to obtain 1-ups.

I need translations for the spell cards so I can make spell practice at some point in time.

It's nothing TOO special, I'll be adding more later.

I also changed the annoying default SFX.

Special thanks to Drake for ripping the Touhou SFX.

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VZXNHPP6

Edit: Oh, try to ignore the extra frames I put in the img folder. Those are for something else ;>>. Will be removed next
update.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 06:25:14 PM by Darkblizer »

Re: Phantasm Romance "+ Edition" (Unofficial)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:19:23 PM »
Kick ass.

Drake

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 05:22:45 PM »
Oh awesome. Too bad you couldn't solve the ridiculously exponential difficulty curve. I played it for the first time in months, and it went like this.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Momizi Inubashiri

• Banned
  • For :files:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 05:40:04 PM »
what is this anyways?

pictures plez

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 06:18:15 PM »
It's a game run on Danmakufu.

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 06:21:29 PM »
Oh awesome. Too bad you couldn't solve the ridiculously exponential difficulty curve. I played it for the first time in months, and it went like this.

I'll look into it next time I'm working on it. But because Yukari, Mima, Shinki, and Reimu are the bosses of stages which you have to meet special requirements to get(no using continues, no using continues with at least 3 lives and bombs left..) and are the Extra Stages of the game, I most likely won't be changing the difficulty of those stages.

I might also make it so there's less sudden attacks where you don't even have time to react and get out of the way.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 06:36:36 PM by Darkblizer »

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 06:39:28 PM »
So, is this ... "I Wanna Be The Shrine Maiden"?

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 06:53:28 PM »
I might also make it so there's less sudden attacks where you don't even have time to react and get out of the way.

Nonononononononoahhhhhhhnonono

If you make another difficulty, export it in a different patch so we can choose between them. Don't change the horribly balanced default difficulties of the game. They're not even hard anyway wtf

Something like "Darkblizer's Easy Mod for Phantasm Romance".... Or whatever.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »
Nonononononononoahhhhhhhnonono

If you make another difficulty, export it in a different patch so we can choose between them. Don't change the horribly balanced default difficulties of the game. They're not even hard anyway wtf

Something like "Darkblizer's Easy Mod for Phantasm Romance".... Or whatever.

Actually, I might not end up actually doing something like that

I'll be adding spell/stage practice and, if possible, a title screen.

Edit: Actually, I might add an easy mode at some point. If possible I'll make it selectable
like Normal and Lunatic are selectable. Of course when and if the title screen comes in, I'll be putting it there.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:52:10 PM by Darkblizer »

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 07:53:37 PM »
Godspeed.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 01:58:21 AM »
Hmm.

It likes to crash for me.

This is extra odd, because for any other JP program, I don't even have to activate AppLocale.  But it seems like that's the crash, maybe, unless I missed something.  o.o;

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 03:40:41 AM »
So, is this ... "I Wanna Be The Shrine Maiden"?

Nah, I wouldn't go that far, at least for the normal gameplay.  The deep extra stages, though, look brutal (I'm not good enough to unlock them :/).

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 04:36:08 PM »
Sorry for bumping the thread, but I thought that this "card" could be helpful:

EDIT: Does somebody have the OLD VERSION of PR? Or at least the "orginal" music? Because I LOVED one of the Extra 4-themes...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 04:40:41 PM by VideoGameCrack »

LiteYear

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 12:47:53 AM »
Yeah, I have Phantasm Romance 2.5

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 08:09:46 AM »
Yeah, I have Phantasm Romance 2.5
Uh, that IS "+ Edition".

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 09:25:49 AM »
It still doesn't play little to no music for me, just like the original. :V

LiteYear

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 04:09:22 AM »
Uh, that IS "+ Edition".

Well, then I guess I don't have an older version anymore.  I thought that 2.5 was the original, and this version in the original post was the "+ Edition".  Sorry about that.

It still doesn't play little to no music for me, just like the original. :V

Do you have any other scripts?  I've found that Concealed the Conclusion may interfere with the music from PR.  I have two danmakufu folders that were originally created for this reason; one contains only CtC (v2.01), and the other contains the other scripts, including PR.  Just now, I added PR to the CtC danmakufu folder, and that killed the music in PR.  However, moving CtC into the other folder will still let PR run with sound; although CtC then crashed on start-up when I tried running it from that folder.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 04:36:35 AM by LiteYear »

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 07:32:05 AM »
Ah. I'll try that then. Thanks.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 09:03:04 PM »
So, I just tried this. I've never played Phantasm Romance before, so all I knew to expect was that there was going to be some weird maze stuff.

I had to use the directory option for this, since selecting Stage crashes danmakufu on this for some reason... Maybe that's known, I dunno.

Anyways, I found it odd that there was no dialogue, but not as odd as the fact that none of the characters got a name under their health bar, or an ENEMY bar at the bottom.

I liked the danmaku, though. The difficulty wasn't too off the wall(I was able to 1cc it my first try... barely. Nothing quite like going through the second half of the final boss with no lives or bombs on your first run). But what is this about alternate stage destinations? I didn't see any sort of in-game mechanic that would facilitate such a thing. What, precisely, are the requirements for each branching path?
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »
Just by looking at the code:

StageEx1 is unlocked by beating stage1, stage2 and stage3 with a combined total of less than or equal to 6 bombs and lives lost if you're playing normal mode, or a combined total of less than or equal to 5 bombs and lives lost if you are playing lunatic.

If you played StageEx1 and are playing lunatic mode, StageEx2 is automatically unlocked after beating stage4, which replaces stage5. If your playing normal mode, you will automatically play stage5 no matter what.

If you beat stage5/StageEx2 without continuing, you proceed to stage6.

If you're playing normal mode, stage6 is the end of the game.

If you beat stage6 with no continues, have a live stock of greater than or equal to 3, and are playing lunatic mode, you proceed to StageEx3.

If you beat StageEx3 and have still not continued*, you proceed to StageEx4.

*By looking at the code, it looks like all you have to do is beat StageEx3 without continuing, however there is "unnecessary" code that states you can proceed by having less than or equal to 15 bombs. I can't see how this will ever come in to effect though, since you need to pass StageEx3 for the conditional statement to be true anyway. The variable ex3_in is 1 (true) just by playing StageEx3, so the statement if(Continued==false&&extra4_flg&&(ex3_in||GetBombCount<=15)) will always be true if you beat StageEx3 and have not continued at all. The &&(ex3_in||GetBombCount<=15) seems completely unnecessary.

Another note: there are point requirements to pass each level successfully as well, however, if you do not continue at all, it is almost impossible to not reach the point requirement.

Also, I need to play this game and not quit after stage1. Wait! I can remember seeing Ran at some point! Damn, I still need to play this game and remember it.

I dunno about that image VideoGameCrack posted, the code in the version I have tells me otherwise. I don't know what version I have either, so...

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 08:36:24 AM »
I dunno about that image VideoGameCrack posted, the code in the version I have tells me otherwise. I don't know what version I have either, so...
If it has tracks from Diadra Empty, then it's the 2.5 version and therefore the "+ Edition".

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 08:15:23 PM »
Can you tell me if Yuka's theme is a Higurashi Kai (visual Novel) Ost(original)? Because it sounds far too similar...

But of course my agruement is invalid if it's an arrange of one of Yuka's/touhou's Themes

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 08:48:06 PM »
If it has tracks from Diadra Empty, then it's the 2.5 version and therefore the "+ Edition".

So you mean all the game's soundtrack comes from another game? That's kind of...disappointing. :(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »
So you mean all the game's soundtrack comes from another game? That's kind of...disappointing. :(
Nononono, just two tracks in the very final stage have been changed. I've actually found the older versions in the Japanese DMF wiki and in retrospect, it is an improvement.

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
  • RIP 7/21/2010-9/10/2010
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 09:25:13 PM »
sorry for the bump, but isn't phantasm romance one of the Len games from the japanese danmakufu wiki? if so, is there a list of all of them? I'm a big fan of Len's 11, 12, and 17.

also: can you make a version that goes to the secret areas no matter how many continues are used?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:49:13 PM by Lord Phantasm Satori »