Author Topic: Shoot Shoot Nitori Golden  (Read 10354 times)

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
Shoot Shoot Nitori Golden
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:18:45 AM »
It's the sequel to the fan game Shoot Shoot Nitori.  There's no info on this game on the Wiki, so it's probably still very new.

I just want to know how to save progress, because when I turned off the game and came back, I have to start all over again.

Thanks in advance!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Shoot Shoot Nitori Golden
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »
Assuming it's your typical shmup with 4~7 stages that takes like 20~40 minutes to complete a run of, they almost never have saves other than just recording your clear data. o.o Or is that what you mean?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 02:10:19 PM »
As far as I know, there's no way to save midgame. If you beat the game and then come back, you'll have the option of loading what you've unlocked and that stays there even if you turn it off and come back.

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 02:18:36 PM »
I was talking about saving the game midway.  So you have to beat the game once in order for your progress to be saved?

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 06:43:58 PM »
Yep. You have to do a full run in one sitting, there's no pause and resume.

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 03:13:58 PM »
I managed to beat the game, but I noticed that I didn't go through two stages I saw on Youtube, the Hisoutensoku and the outside world stages.  How do you access them?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:38:10 PM by game2011 »

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 03:15:41 PM »
You just need to select them when they come up; the game always ends after Stage XYZ (the moon) but you don't need to do every stage to get there. If you do them in order from 1 to 7, you're sure to hit every stage.

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 03:52:27 PM »
So it's random?

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 10:01:38 PM »
It... shouldn't be. I've played through a few times, and the stages are always all available - but you don't have to clear them all.

As far as I can tell you just skipped those two.

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 03:37:52 PM »
I can't find those two stages at all...  I noticed that there are different versions of the game available through patches.  Perhaps they're only found in newer patches?  I can't download them, since Tasofro's site is neither not working properly or doesn't allow anyone outside of Japan to visit it...

EDIT: My friend told me that the updater software in the game's folder can update the game.  However, I am unable to get that thing to work.  My computer doesn't have Japanese characters installed into it, so Japanese text not on web browsers usually show up as messed up characters.  Perhaps this is the reason the updater isn't working properly?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 05:02:30 PM by game2011 »

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 03:22:16 PM »
Damn, this game is hard. I breeze through the first game with me bleeding live only on stage 5 due to cheap death (helooo enemy from behind). This game makes me lose a live even on the first stage. Doesn't make this game any less awesome. I fought a heavily armored bed, rampaging house, bitch sue in the last three stages.

I'll try to list the playable character in this game and what they do. I used Cirno on XYZ, worst decision ever.

Character:
Note: bullet denotes how many bullet can be on the screen.
Nitori Kawashiro:
- Straight 2 bullet
- Strongest natural magnet
- Fastest bullet speed

Reimu Hakurei:
- Straight 2 needle shot with 4 yin-yang orb.

Marisa Kirisame:
- LAZER (heavy damage, piercing, reduce movement speed, power based on item quantity)

Sakuya Izayoi:
- Adjustable 3 directional shot

Youmu Konpaku:
- Sword slash
- Straight 2 bullet from ghost half

Sekibanki:
- Throw her head to act like a drone, leaves her body defenseless.

Reisen Udongein Inaba:
- Straight 2... Suppository? With lunatic wave.
- Invisible when not firing for 3 second.

Hata no Kokoro:
- Shot from masks (2 x 3 bullet)
- Throw her masks as well when you throw.

Fujiwara no Mokou:
- Straight 2 fire bullet
- Max lives
- Direct hit = lives lost
- Throw with no item = throw herself.

Cirno:
- Straight 2 ice bullet
- Really small hitbox
- Turn every item into Ice

Shou Toramaru:
- Gained exclusive item: Pagoda (Multidirectional thin laser).

Mononobe no Futo:
- Straight 2 plates.
- Throw 2 plates.

Seija Kijin:
- Straight single shot with 2 directional shot inverse to movement.

Sanae Kochiya:
- Gained her exclusive item from her mini boss fight: Jet (Double piercing shot and increased movement speed)

Aya Shameimaru:
- 3 directional wind bullet if wielding no item.
- Straight 2 wind bullet otherwise.
- Blazing fast.

Sumireko Usami:
- Conjures 4 rotating objects that acts like shields.

Tenshi Hinanawi:
- Fire 2 slow red bullets
- Rides her keystone which machineguns downward.
- Her keystone also acts as downward indestructible shield.

Suika Ibuki: (One of the best character)
- Single exploding bullet that spreads bullets to all direction after explode. Has the power of AA cannon. Ridiculously good at crowd control AND boss battle.
- Throw added effect: Black hole, absorb all treasure to her at the cost of movement speed.
(I can see why most people prefer to use Suika)

Yukari Yakumo:
- Fire from 6 drone-like object that can be adjusted to fire to shotgun front, six-direction, top-bottom, forward-backward, and shotgun backward.
- Really slow to move
(Honestly not really worth her 4 million price tag)

Watatsuki no Toyohime:
- DESTROY everything in front of her, that includes equipped items and and treasures.

EDIT2: Somehow managed to get the v1.04 and it DOES contain stage 6 but not 7 stage 7 gets unlocked after clearing all the previous stages. Hisoutensoku managed to be as cheap as that bitch on the moon.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:11:00 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 03:58:28 PM »
Toyohime:
- DESTROY everything in front of her
- Too proud to use item (immediately discard item once you pressed fire button)
The items only get discarded if they are placed in front of her or touch her normal bullets.  Her bullets also destroy treasures.

So the Hisoutensoku and the outside world stages are exclusive to newer versions?

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 03:47:46 AM »
The items only get discarded if they are placed in front of her or touch her normal bullets.  Her bullets also destroy treasures.

So the Hisoutensoku and the outside world stages are exclusive to newer versions?
Thank you, will update the info.

Yeah, honestly, those two stages aren't all that great. They're just boss only level. At least boss fight with Sumireko is kinda fun.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 09:47:37 AM »
These are things I've noticed with certain characters, although they may be wrong:

Nitori
-Magnetism seems unreliable, especially early in the stage. Maybe it gets stronger based on something like score, number of items on screen, or number of items collected in the stage?
-Incidentally, the nature of her magnstism makes collecting items evenly to cover holes in your trash armor difficult. As a result Nitori tends to get a lopsided coating with a lot of weak spots.

Shou
-Seems to massively increase money gained. However, this might just be because of some efficient interaction between the Pagoda on the scoring mechanics.
-Abnormally weak magnetism, possibly even weaker without the Pagoda.
-No natural attack at all (can't attack when not holding any weapons).

Sanae
-Comes with a built-in unique item (some kind of missile that she rides) that's the source of her bonus abilities. Seemingly CAN be permanently lost/deatroyed during a stage.

Sumeriko
-Her shield seemingly has some kind of special mechanic where the trash floating around her starts black and white, but it turns to a colored trash can and back under some circumstances. As far as I can tell the trash can indicates that the shield is depleted and needs a moment to regenerate, at which point it turns back to a black and white item. This might be backward though, and I don't know how it interacts with throwing.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 11:34:49 AM »
These are things I've noticed with certain characters, although they may be wrong:
Did a short test run for all of them.

Nitori:
-Her magnet seems to work on treasures and throwed item.
- I think her magnet makes her one of the best character, it's my opinion.

Shou:
- Yeah, her magnet is weak.
- If she loses her Pagoda, she revert back to basic 2 shot, which is what I always do when I use her.

Sanae:
- Thanks for that, will update the info.

Sumireko:
- Never encounter that, maybe I should test her again. She doesn't throw her trashes.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:52:48 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 01:34:39 PM »
Shou:
- Yeah, her magnet is weak.
- If she loses her Pagoda, she revert back to basic 2 shot, which is what I always do when I use her.

Is that only if you lose it permanently, or just whenever you drop it? I'll test it again but I'm pretty sure that didn't happen when I played her. Maybe she got buffed in an update?

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 03:42:02 PM »
Is that only if you lose it permanently, or just whenever you drop it? I'll test it again but I'm pretty sure that didn't happen when I played her. Maybe she got buffed in an update?
Tested both v1.00 and v1.04 (yeah, I have both of them, don't ask!), both Shou and Sanae immediately switches to basic shot as soon as they lost their exclusive item in both version, no difference. Maybe you didn't realize this because their firing speed are among the slowest.

Also, killing enemies with Shou's Pagoda seems to increase multiplier. But good ever freaking luck trying to kill things with her Pagoda. she beat Tojiko in 1:30 while most character can beat her in under 10 seconds.

Sumireko
-Her shield seemingly has some kind of special mechanic where the trash floating around her starts black and white, but it turns to a colored trash can and back under some circumstances. As far as I can tell the trash can indicates that the shield is depleted and needs a moment to regenerate, at which point it turns back to a black and white item.
Tested it again, the trash can is just cosmetic and behaves like other trash. Her shields always regenerate under half a second.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 04:10:12 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 05:43:58 PM »
Tested both v1.00 and v1.04 (yeah, I have both of them, don't ask!), both Shou and Sanae immediately switches to basic shot as soon as they lost their exclusive item in both version, no difference. Maybe you didn't realize this because their firing speed are among the slowest.

Also, killing enemies with Shou's Pagoda seems to increase multiplier. But good ever freaking luck trying to kill things with her Pagoda. she beat Tojiko in 1:30 while most character can beat her in under 10 seconds.

Fair enough, maybe she just never got the chance to get a shot off before I picked the Pagoda back up.

And yeah, Shou's scoring mechanic seems to be different from other characters. I think that's why she gets so much more money than other characters for me, I didn't know scoring was based on throwing items until after the last time I played.

Shou's scoring (and maybe Sanae's as well?) seems to be based on something else, possibly killstreaks, so that the game doesn't force them to throw away their special weapon.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 04:07:06 AM »
The mechanic for money acquisition is really weird. Even if I did perfectly on normal, my total money is always minus a million YEN. On hard though...

So I decided to translate it with google.

But even if I translate it, I still don't know how it works.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 05:44:11 AM »
Alright, got my game patched and played it with a more concrete understanding of the mechanics. These are my observations:

-Marisa, formerly my favorite character before I knew how scoring worked, seems pretty bad now. Once you shed your items she just doesn't have the strength to shotgun many enemies, and she now sucks as killing midbosses unless you can manage to chip them down almost all the way before you stun them.

-Nitori seems amazing now (up from just great) since building armor out of items now basically doesn't matter and she can recollect her items almost instantly if you park mid-screen, letting her mow down waves upon waves of random enemies with huge score multipliers.

-The Hisoutensoku stage seems like the hardest one in the game to me by a long shot. It also might be the most fun.

-The appliance items in the Outside World stage remind me: Keine isn't in this game at all, is she? I was hoping she would pop up as a playable character or at least a boss like in the first one, but I don't think I saw her anywhere. Patch in Keine, TasoFro!

-In fact, now that I think about it this game has a very tight focus on the last arc, doesn't it? It's almost strictly UFO onward. No EoSD characters at all (except Sakuya, but she has an in since she was playable in several games in this arc) is especially surprising since fangames are usually swamped with them. There is a PCB stage though.

-Is the character who teams up with Yorihime for the Forbidden Arcum~Hour Elixir-type attack at the end supposed to be
Spoiler:
Chang'e[/url]?

The mechanic for money acquisition is really weird. Even if I did perfectly on normal, my total money is always minus a million YEN. On hard though...

So I decided to translate it with google.

But even if I translate it, I still don't know how it works.

My best guess:

-Selling Time-Some kind of clearing time bonus. Alternately could have to do with the leftover items after each stage.

-Expenses-Maybe something to do with purchasing items in the store? Did you buy a ridiculous number of items to get a penalty that big?

-Compensation-Maybe something to do with characters? Maybe swapping characters a lot incurs a penalty, or maybe better characters "cost more" and give a bigger Compensation penalty?

-Medical Expenses-Penalty for taking damage. Maybe based on continues and/or lives lost and/or hits taken?

-Something With Kappa-The generic kappa on the stage select screen have a lot of dialogue, so my best guess is that they're telling you about special scenarios for the stages and this is the penalty for not doing the scenarios?

Still a lot of questions left unanswered. How does scoring work? What are the kappa saying, if anything? What's the story of this game? Hopefully someone fully translates it at some point. A user manual translation would be great.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 05:56:15 AM »
Marisa:
Hold Shoot button while you throw, that should keep her power for a while.

I think there's no way they'll patch new characters. This game is not like AAA game with all its DLC.

Trivia: Bosses can and will escape if you take too long to kill them, usually you're given 1:30 - 2 minutes to kill them. Failing to kill bosses gives you 0 income and neat achivement.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 03:40:41 PM »
A bit late, but...

Tenshi Hinanawi:
- Rides her keystone which machineguns downward.
Her keystone also acts as an indestructible shield that destroy any bullet that get in contact with it, and also deals continuous damage to whatever enemy or box you run it into for as long as it keeps contact. Tenshi's weird pose  puts her hitbox a bit ahead of the keystone's protection, but with enough practice, you can abuse of her shield and pretty much eat through the bullets.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 04:08:48 AM »
Her keystone also acts as an indestructible shield that destroy any bullet that get in contact with it, and also deals continuous damage to whatever enemy or box you run it into for as long as it keeps contact. Tenshi's weird pose  puts her hitbox a bit ahead of the keystone's protection, but with enough practice, you can abuse of her shield and pretty much eat through the bullets.
To be honest, I played her for 10 seconds before deciding to dump her in favor of Suika.
But, thanks for that, will update the info.