Author Topic: Sakura and Dragons Thread 33 - But it's not like we'll ever get her in NA, so.  (Read 115440 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
There are three people local to me doing pulls on the collab and I think we've done a combined 21 pulls, of which this was the first diamond. They're pretty rare apparently...

Edit: Bought the special bargain set and also got Vraska (and another Liliana because of course)!

Pretty happy with her, she's my favorite character of any of the PAD rares and seems good and fun. And I think I have decent subs for her.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:02:35 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Im all for more friends (especially Best ones in yours and Chaore's cases) getting  Vraska so I can run Fio with her.  Good times when I dont want to run double Fio for whatever reason.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Well. Got Jhoira. Though, this puts me at somewhat of a tricky five-way crossroad.

Option one: Keep Jhoira as is and use her as a 7x6 lead. Not terribly exciting, but as a lead she is pretty much better than my other 7x6 options Bradley and Aten.

Option two: Use Jhoira as an assist. A version of Odindora's skill that can be used as an assist? Whoa. With how prevalent awoken skill binds are in A4 and AA, this might be useful.
Or I could use regular Odin's assist like a normal person.

Option three: Trade Jhoira, two Skulds and Cotton for Nicol Bolas to use as a lead. Cool dood. I can probably combo well enough to make the most of his leader skill.

Option four: Trade for Nicol Bolas and use him as an assist for Fenrir. Unbindable Fenrir with a void damage active? UNF.

Option five: Trade Jhoira, Blue Odin, and two Cottons for Karn. Niche leader that probably isn't all that, and will never find any friends side from commandercool who has him? Yeah. But he's a jammer lead, so I have to keep the idea in my head.

What a dilemma.

commandercool

• alter cool
I'm not saying you necessarily SHOULD do this, but my Karn is hypermax if you ever want to use him...

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
That was fast. I didn't think you would have a place for him in your teams, but I guess with 8x damage he can fit wherever he wants.

Well, I have until Sunday to roll more, so I'll mull it over. I do appreciate it!

commandercool

• alter cool
I have a lot of resources just sitting around, isn't hard to max stuff. Decided to max Karn just because he's cool and I might find a use for him eventually. Although I spent a toooon of resources of the Vraska team I put together yesterday so that burned off a lot of the excess...

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
I pulled the trigger and got myself a Karn. Didn't use those Cottons anyways.

Though, uh, I didn't think I'd be competing for your Best Friend team slot, heh. He's fun and hits like a monstrous truck, and I'm sure there are other light leads that could appreciate a tricolor light/heal/jam board that also fully restores your HP, not withstanding that free 8x damage.

commandercool

• alter cool
If you want Karn up in a BF slot I can probably work that out. Clea's great but she's common so I don't think it's going to ruin anyone's game if I don't have mine up all the time.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Well, Karn is pretty good, I'm thinking.

Thanks, commandercool! Couldn't have done it without you.

commandercool

• alter cool
Karnfather.

No prob. Glad to see him doing something and being useful. I certainly can't field a plausible team with him, but it's good that he has potential.

Edit: Oh dang, I got Jhoira too this morning! Well shit! She seems great, will use for sure.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 12:41:03 PM by commandercool »

Jq1790

Made mistakes, rolled MtG again, got Chandra.  I might almost have some sort of lame fire farm team at this point since I already have Chad/Sado from Bleach and can probably cobble some other stuff together if I put my head to work.

I have no idea what content I could run that would be relevant to me where one would be GOOD, but I suppose having a team like this a few years late is better than not at all?

commandercool

• alter cool
What do you guys think of a team that runs a Weatherlight assist on every member to get five extra enhances of every color? Seems kinda useful maybe, especially on a 7x6 lead (ironically Jhoira). Would want them unskilled since the Weatherlight skill isn't especially good, but I think I'm gonna try it. Got four Weatherlights so far.

Jq1790

Giving up the utility of different skills sounds like a high price unless you are running a team where inherited skills don't matter much imo.

It also depends on what options for other Assist Evo mons you might have to pick from or other factors.

Might be good if all you need is a little more passive damage boosting though and having all your non-heal orbs enhanced makes for good conversion fodder.

commandercool

• alter cool
I don't use assists suuuper often except for certain "lock and key" scenarios (damage void/color absorb negation) or assisting monsters with copies of themselves for the stats and cooldown reduction protection. I would rather have the consistency of not having my skills overcharge most of the time. Which is obviously the risk with a bunch of Weatherlights, letting them overcharge would be a pretty significant problem, but the cooldown is long enough that I hope it wouldn't be a huge issue.

Right now I'm planning on trying this on my Jhoira team, which has a lot of short-cooldown skills. Worst case if they overcharge I can pop the one I need in an emergency scenario first and charge it with the haste from all the other Weatherlight skills I guess. Probably not very practical in, you know, practice, but I'm definitely going to try it. And seeing a 7x6 board of all enhanced orbs sounds neat.  :D

Speaking of Jhoira, what's the best friend lead for her? Seems like pairing two Jhoiras in kind of a waste since I don't really need to be given a 7x6 board twice, and the partner would ideally be blue, have combo-based or red+blue match-based damage, and have some kind of survivability boost. Nothing comes to mind weirdly despite how much blue I play.

Jq1790

...R.Hermes(2x HP/Atk for Water, 3.5x Atk for red+blue matches)?  I dunno how relevant he would be, but it's a thought?

It's something I contemplated messing with at least for what it's worth I suppose.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 02:49:37 AM by Jq1790 »

commandercool

• alter cool
Can someone explain to me how Zapan and contemporaries work? Specifically, what's their drop rate in each tier of their dungeon and what are those "rare stone" things that are associated with them? I got Zapan's dungeon but I haven't opened it yet. Would like to have one, do I need to beat him in his Annihilation dungeon or is it possible/plausible to get him in the other tiers?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Seems like when the starter dragon evolutions come out, you can trade the spirits for one of their evolution materials.

Aside from that, they make pretty neat units (dual Zapan is a 4/196/1 lead for mono-water). Annihilation has a 100% drop rate, Mythical+ is reported at 40% and I'm pretty sure Mythical is near non-existent.

Grab one to evolve Plessie, grab two if you have a bunch of Pys, or grab, uh, 27 to use King Tans.

Edit: Today, I learned that there are far more options to trade for Karn than just Cottons and Blue Odins. I had, as potential candidates: Ryune, Kanna, Kaede, Scheat, Eschamali, two Dark Metatron, two Baldins, and three Gremory.

Huh.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:47:05 PM by The Greatest Dog »

commandercool

• alter cool
Woof, managed to crack Zapan's dungeon in my second-to-last attempt before his dungeon expired. It took me many tries to figure out (puzzle out, if you will) how to handle the dungeon. I use double Vraska leads.

Turns out the answer was "be as reckless as possible" in every single scenario. Pop Runelis to kill Spica on turn one, blast through everything, use a shield right before the boss, and just try to do as much damage as possible every turn against him because I'll either chop off 60% of his health or overshoot and not damage him at all, which is no big loss. The only real trick was to use a Sarutobi's Secret Scroll on my Vraska and a Kralice Rapier on my friend Vraska to get 100% poison resist so I wouldn't have to fuck around making sure I have skills up for Hamal.

Even though the timer almost screwed me I gotta admit it made things fun. Racing against time sure is a way to increase the stakes.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 12:28:06 AM by commandercool »

MatsuriSakuragi

Oops. Wrong thread.

commandercool

• alter cool
Persona collab confirmed in NA! Comes out on Monday!

Man, we got Magic, Persona, and Evangelion. Now we just need Pokemon, Touhou, and Fire Emblem and my entire life will exist within PAD. :D

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Oh, I just realized the Gems made a lot of awoken easier to make. Karin2 can finally become what she was meant to be :V

I'm really enjoying the big list of quality of life changes the last few updates have done.

Jq1790

Some of the more troublesome ones you can't skip(unique stones ahoyyyy), but yeah it's definitely made a lot of things easier, like when you need Sonia Gran/Reverse for something, etc.

Good on you for your choice of evo though :D

commandercool

• alter cool
Yeah there are still a lot of unique gems, but at least they stack now. There's a lot of stuff that I was just throwing away that I'll be converting to gems instead.  As quality-of-life improvements go, how about a "convert to gems" option on the dungeon completion screen?

Jq1790

(sees CCool got Makoto) Oh good now my stones are safe since Im basically guaranteed never to get him myself.  Thanks!

(Ill have to mess with him later since he seems fun on paper to me and is compatible with Sakuya or, better yet probably, BTachibana)

commandercool

• alter cool
Yeah, super happy I got him. He seems great. Also three copies of Aigis, I guess she's this collab's Liliana.

Is it just me or are the persona equips legit great? King Frost in particular looks excellent, heal row is very good and I've wished I had a someone on my Blonia team with it for a while. The long cooldowns mean they're basically risk-free.  Jack Frost in multiples seems great too. I will be making many of all of these.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
King Frost giving two turns of consecutive full HP restoration will help out with Blue Sonia's massive bulk, as well.

I gotta get myself some of those Agidyne skill cards...

commandercool

• alter cool
I also want Morgana for collection reasons, so I'm going to need a crazy number of skill cards all things considered...

Jq1790

King Frost giving two turns of consecutive full HP restoration will help out with Blue Sonia's massive bulk, as well.

I gotta get myself some of those Agidyne skill cards...
They'll be what, 5* as Skill Cards?  If you can prepare some evo materials(I don't care what kind) of a matching rarity I can gather some too since I'm planning to run the dungeon to skill the boss and stuff as the collab goes since Justine&Carloine seem like a pretty nice card to have in the box for the future.

I dunno how much 3p I'll run since I'm not reeeeally an Annihilation level player because I suck, but if I luck into Blank Cards I'll hook you up.

commandercool

• alter cool
Cool. I'll definitely trade you stuff for them. They seem reasonably common, I have three so far. Although maybe I'm just lucky.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
I made a few too many rolls and only have teddies to show for it. :ohdear: