Author Topic: Dojinshi group at school!  (Read 2740 times)

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
Dojinshi group at school!
« on: October 06, 2011, 07:27:15 PM »
So... we got rejected by Student's Union. So, some interested members decided to form a school dojinshi group (no official status). Oh well, works just as well.
Our basic plans so far are as follows:
- 4Koma
- Slice of life about school
- Perhaps get a printed version (with random art, concept art, bonuses, =D) for it if the interest is high enough?
- Jobs
- Storyboarder
- concept/script/story writer
- Artists
- Digitalizers?

That's what we have so far. What do you think?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
Re: Dojinshi group at school!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 10:58:31 PM »
If you can get a group together and make it work, I say go for it. Might even be able to convince the Student Union to change their minds if you demonstrate your group is capable of being successful.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Drake

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 11:25:56 PM »
do you actually have any artists

that's kind of the most important part

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 03:24:25 AM »
do you actually have any artists

that's kind of the most important part

I think we do, I just need to do a test (tell everyone to draw a character in a certain style)
If worse comes to worse, I can draw, it won't be the best, but it'll be decent

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 05:32:00 AM »
(tell everyone to draw a character in a certain style)

So rather than just viewing how well someone can draw, you're seeing how well someone can draw in a specific style? (Or am I reading this incorrectly?)

I would also advise you to have an editor in your group to go over story boards and rough drafts to basically review spelling, grammar, paneling, etc etc...
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

JT

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 07:07:55 AM »
If you want to get past the Student's Union you're going to need a name with more pizzazz than "Doujinshi Group." Like "Visual Art Society" or some crap like that. You have to make it sound legitimate.

Failing that, you could just do what me and my friends did in high school, and carve out a niche in an existing club. There were two distinct camps in my school's Computer Club: the kids who wrote code, and the kids who ate all the food and played video games and hackysack. Guess which group I belonged to. In my senior year, I didn't even attend a single meeting except for the day when they took the yearbook photo. It was amazing.