Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread  (Read 195749 times)

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2009, 04:10:44 AM »
Holy shit I'm playing like utter garbage tonight. What the hell.

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2009, 05:20:08 AM »
Holy shit I'm playing like utter garbage tonight. What the hell.

Didn't think you had days like that too.

Cassie

• By Seventh Holy Scripture
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2009, 06:56:37 AM »
Well, you're still human. I don't care if you're a pro, but my pity goes to you.

-gives Kefit a pancake-
Cassie "You know.... I think you lost it. We're here ten times"
Lily "Have you counted the time we've been here for the first time?"
Cassie "I did! Ok?"

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2009, 07:01:55 AM »
Why must the Extra stage be done with Komachi?! I HATE how she activates spirits.
If I stay focused, I'll get hit by one flying from above the screen, and if I unfocus, as soon as I press shift they'll all activate, and I can either let them shoot a bunch of red balls, or send them to the opponent so they can kill them and spam 2000 bullets on my screen.

I lost three lives to Shikieiki, at least twice. Maybe I should completely stop shooting until some time has passed? Maybe THEY would reach 100000 points when I have 95000, so I could cancel those damn bosses.

Learn to do unfocused dodging, and don't be afraid to launch off a quick Fairy charge.  Also, don't be afraid to die once you have extra lives, just make sure you burn off a lot of Fairy and Dragon charges through the two matches so you get the life back.  The only advice I can really offer with Shiki is to spam Fairy charges when it looks like there's enough to restore the charge, and don't hesitate to hit 'X' if you can't get the charge off in time.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2009, 07:19:22 AM »
The Highly Responsive to Prayers time!

I was approaching a 1cc of Easy Mode. Stage 20 w/ 5 lives and 2 bombs.

Finished Sariel's first form out of desperation, with 0 lives and 0 bombs in total (made sure that my bomb count didn't go over 5). To my horror, I did not realize that a second form existed. Guess what happened?

Also, I hate both Heaven's and Hell's Stage 10. Hell's is worse though, because I can't do anything about Mima's knife spam.

Love my lives fluctuation.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:52:17 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2009, 07:41:05 AM »
I hate SA

I suck at easy spell cards. I can't do utusho at all for some reason. I only capture one of her cards regularly and it's only because there's a cheap way to do it. and this is only normal difficulty. I even blow at the last spell. I always skim the corner of a bullet, usually the small ones.

on top of that, subterranean rose should be an easy card, but I always screw up there, and never once. SEVERAL TIMES. how the hell does anyone fail subterranean rose, really

other cards are also a bitch and completely drain my lives, most notably genetics of the subconscious. that card is bs. total bs. there's no way to get under koishi. how anyone manages to do this is beyond me

SCREW SA

also this is a while ago, but I thought it was worthy of mention

in mof aya's timeout spell I died at the last frame. yeah, the last FRAME. missed the card capture by 1/60 of a second
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:44:15 AM by stargroup »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »
You don't know (PoFV) pain until you've been through Shikieiki's Extra mode.  Maelstroms of bullets flinging themselves at you with little notice; Komachi's EX and L2, 3, and 4 crushing what little free space you have; the only consolation being the possibility of two extra lives coming at you at the end of a stage.  I'm just starting the final match right now.  FUCK KOMACHI.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2009, 09:20:55 AM »
You don't know (PoFV) pain until ....

PoFV IS pain... it's so... ugly...
rofl bye

Heartbeam

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2009, 11:00:39 AM »
Tried again for the perfect no gap / bomb run of SA Normal because it isn't too dull and doesn't have the feel of a journey to the end like PCB.  No misses until the first few waves of Heaven and Hell Meltdown which I somehow couldn't read and was killed immediately.  That out of the way and excuse me for the off-topic...

PoFV IS pain... it's so... ugly...

I'd like for you to back up this claim.  In during opinions.  Also,

Boom, points everywhere!  Can you say that's not beautiful?  Actually, that brings up another half-rage moment.  The AI never went under after reaching the last orb and I lost two or three rounds before finally taking her down.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:03:38 AM by Heartbeam »

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2009, 11:13:45 AM »
Hmmm.. I kinda can. It's too, I dunno, messy? Dirty? It confuses and enrages me!
rofl bye

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »
I was close to my first 1cc of IN Easy with Ghost team, but got randomly clipped on Rainbow Danmaku w/ 28 seconds and 1/5 of the bar left...
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- I'm doing Youmu Solo next time.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »
I was close to my first 1cc of IN Easy with Ghost team, but got randomly clipped on Rainbow Danmaku w/ 28 seconds and 1/5 of the bar left...
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- I'm doing Youmu Solo next time.

Maaaji? Easy Mode? KIMOI!
rofl bye

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2009, 06:23:07 AM »
You know, I know Eirin is harder than I like to admit. I say she's weaker than Kaguya because I'm sick of everyone calling Kaguya weak since she really isn't. However, I still stand by my opinion that Eirin's boss fight is a PoS. No less than three of her attacks use bubble bullets to artificially increase the difficulty, and one attack in particular purposefully makes it impossible to see the hitboxes of the bullets by having all the bubble bullets obscure each other. Not to mention Apollo 13 is ridiculous (and I refuse to change this opinion until somebody tells me how it works), and Astronomical Entombing is lol random.

Such a fucking terrible fight.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2009, 08:13:38 AM »
You know, I know Eirin is harder than I like to admit. I say she's weaker than Kaguya because I'm sick of everyone calling Kaguya weak since she really isn't. However, I still stand by my opinion that Eirin's boss fight is a PoS. No less than three of her attacks use bubble bullets to artificially increase the difficulty, and one attack in particular purposefully makes it impossible to see the hitboxes of the bullets by having all the bubble bullets obscure each other. Not to mention Apollo 13 is ridiculous (and I refuse to change this opinion until somebody tells me how it works), and Astronomical Entombing is lol random.

Such a fucking terrible fight.

As far as I know, the safespot ceases to exist (or is infinitesimally small) on Hard/Lunatic.

(I do believe there are pseudo-safespots which can be used, but they change far too often; Eirin moves horizontally and vertically)

Its just a matter of reading the set pattern of bullets I'm afraid. I'll see if I can do it again.

EDIT: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3121

You can try any of these options.

1. After she shoots her bullets, Eirin will move "towards" you (horizontally). Following this (for Lunatic), move to the enemy marker where it says "n" or "m" ["n" if she moves right, "m" if left". Dodging from there should get easier (see: replay)

2. Dodge from a corner. Less dense there. Also, since she moves towards the corner as well, it reduces the amount of bullets. It will take longer though. But it might be worth it.

There are more options. But I don't know of them.

Astronomical Entombing is lol easy.

Fixed. Even with no focus Yukari. Maybe I'll get around to somebody like... Alice.

----

More MS Extra. The wave of bullets at the end, before Alice. I'm still suffering from the last few seconds of the stage.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:33:26 PM by BaitySM »
<>

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2009, 09:22:29 AM »
Astronomical Entombing is lol random.

What's that? Marisa makes Entombing Lunatic look like an Easy card?
rofl bye

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2009, 11:12:37 AM »
What's that? Marisa makes Entombing Lunatic look like an Easy card?

Using any human does the job. Whether you do or do not however...

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=2630
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=2643

...it's still is a rather easy card overall.
<>

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2009, 01:42:46 PM »
Speed change deaths.

I have a crappy laptop as the only available computer in my house; about a month after I started getting into Touhou [and shortly after clearing EoSD 1cc Normal], my computer started lagging up really bad.  As a result, the frame rate now averages about 25-30FPS [it's usually 50-75% slowdown when I play].

While this might sound like a blessing, the issue is that it's not a static framerate.  The game will run at 60 FPS at first, then slow down to 40, then drop down further - usually to about 15-25... and then a short time later, jump suddenly back up to 60.  Slowdown making avoiding death easier means very little when suddenly the game doubles/triples/quadruples in speed and you run into a bullet.

*Sigh* I'd rather have a full 60 FPS way to play...

nintendonut888

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2009, 02:11:13 PM »
So Apollo 13 has a set pattern whose only change is Eirin's position?

And you missed the point that either way it's a terrible fight that I'm glad is practically discouraged from being fought.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2009, 04:46:59 PM »
So Apollo 13 has a set pattern whose only change is Eirin's position?

Not entirely, it's offset by a random degree everytime you go against it, but the bullets do come out in the same order and will make the same pattern. So the only two changes are Eirin's movements and the random degree offset, which probably happens everytime she fires the pattern, but might only be called at the beginning of the spell (either way you won't notice it after the first pattern, so it doesn't matter).

Erm, Baity mentioned that the safespot is infinitesimally small, which is not true. It exists and is more than attainable on hard and lunatic, but it really not worth going for since the pattern only takes a few tries to read anyway. Plus you don't need that wussy safespot shit.

I do agree with donut though, the fight is a bunch of bullshit and I am so glad that you don't have to go through it much, compared to some of the other things you could be doing with your time spent playing IN. Can't see shit, captain.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2009, 05:47:41 PM »
Erm, Baity mentioned that the safespot is infinitesimally small, which is not true. It exists and is more than attainable on hard and lunatic, but it really not worth going for since the pattern only takes a few tries to read anyway. Plus you don't need that wussy safespot shit.

I must have just failed the card close to a hundred times!

Must be nice...

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2009, 06:18:29 PM »
Eirin's fight is leagues better than Kanako's if nothing else.  At least there's more to her fight than a bunch of stupid streaming attacks that get tedious after the first four or five runthroughs.  I can't even rage over Kanako any more because the entire fight is just so shockingly boring.  Well, except Source of Rains.  I can rage over that any day.

« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2009, 06:47:14 PM »
Must be nice...

Well if you're not specifically looking for a pattern the card is next to impossible. Every "safe area" you see at first is hit with bullets milliseconds after opening, so it doesn't surprise me that many people have a hard time with it.

Kanako's fight is pretty boring, but I still enjoy Virtue of Wind God more than most spellcards combined, so it makes up for the lame streaming attacks. For me, anyway.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:49:15 PM by Naut »

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2009, 07:33:27 PM »
Virtue is one of the things that get me bored. I dunno, but it might be because I have to go through the whole fight to get to it. Kanako has, I dunno, a couple of nice attacks and the rest just seem like attempts to make hard stuff with no regards to style. It's how I feel about Virtue, for one. "Ah, it's like Duplex Barrier, except its now a last boss last spellcard and has been made accordingly harder....It's lost all the fluff though..."
rofl bye

Easy Mode

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2009, 07:34:42 PM »
Maaaji? Easy Mode? KIMOI!
Oh hay, that's not very nice.
Anyway, LLS is still impossible for my sorry fingers.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2009, 07:50:14 PM »
Oh hay, that's not very nice.

It is the voice of Inaba and there is nought I can do about it u.u
rofl bye

nintendonut888

« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »
I love Kanako's fight. Even if it's way too close to an extra boss fight in the way that much of it is tricks, I love the atmosphere set by Suwa Foughten Field, and VoWG is my favorite spell card in the series. I've played lunatic over 120 times, second only to Remilia's fight, which got a huge boost from Scarlet Meister grinding.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
I love Kanako's fight. Even if it's way too close to an extra boss fight in the way that much of it is tricks, I love the atmosphere set by Suwa Foughten Field, and VoWG is my favorite spell card in the series. I've played lunatic over 120 times, second only to Remilia's fight, which got a huge boost from Scarlet Meister grinding.

I have to agree with the stage and the music. She also gains some points for blatant and gratuitous violence and for the mecha-part (GATTAI!).. but still... meh... I still think she needed much more style. Her starter is Reisen's, Onbashira is a very nice card, Gattai is cool but sometimes she'll just choose not to die unless you bomb, then you have porridge which is a card that fills me with rage as it should be easy but something always seems to randomly go a couple of pixels further or come out from behind another sprite... Since I'm a normal noob next up is Kanako failing at copying Sakuya and then DISCO TIEMS! (another part that just bores me as she keeps hiding and you simply have to wait and wait and wait). Her second to last card is nice. I don't have a good and tested strategy for it but I like it even though... as for MoF/VoWG I have already expressed my feelings on it ("Okay, I'm here for a minute now, just go away, I wanna see the ending already.......zzz**pshoom!** D'OH!")
rofl bye

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2009, 09:11:44 PM »
I actually love the Kanako fight. (wonder why)

Adding on to other people's things, I also really like her intense her nonspells are, and how fun Kuzui Clear Water and Mad Dance are.

Add in the TOTAL AWESOMENESS of VoWG and quite possibly my favorite song (and character) in the series and you get a winrar.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2009, 09:24:23 PM »
My fave bosses are Remi and Yuyuko, for almost opposite reasons, actually. I Like how desperate the fight with Yuyuko feels with the music and all and, of course, it's the most beautiful battle in probably all of touhou. As for Remi what I like is how powerful she stands. It feels as if she completely disregard the player and don't even bothers coming up with a strategy, instead she goes and just tries to OVERPOWER the player. She's all brute strength in that sense.
rofl bye

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2009, 09:40:12 PM »
For some reason, I've attempted to use the "safespot", but never could get on it. I've only been able to use the safespot on Easy/Normal.

Unless somebody can demonstrate it...  >_>

And you missed the point that either way it's a terrible fight that I'm glad is practically discouraged from being fought.

Yes, the entire fight is complete BS. Save for the last card that is (not Hourai Elixir). I forgot to mention it. Actually, let me try a practice run at Lunatic now...

Expect an edited post... maybe.
<>