Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 2 : The 11th Operation has begun!  (Read 226578 times)

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
Re: Kancolle Kai 2 : Northern Seas- Extra Stage coming soon!
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2014, 02:29:32 PM »
Hi Everyone, I'm over at Kantaicon getting ready to attend the con this moning and preach to everyone about ship girls while I'm there. But before I did that I decided to inform you of something that everyone needs to know for the next update:

The next maintenance is scheduled for September 12th. And on that day, they announced that there will be a new map for the Northern Seas (World 3). So if you have beaten World 3 you'll get access to this map following maintenance. So get yourself prepapred ASAP we may be expecting a new hard challenge to appear real soon.
Please don't you mention Kantaicon, the mascots honestly make me want to cringe so awfully.
And yes, as per se, I'm looking forward to the new level. Perhaps not.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2014, 04:45:23 PM »
Hi Everyone, I'm over at Kantaicon getting ready to attend the con this moning and preach to everyone about ship girls while I'm there. But before I did that I decided to inform you of something that everyone needs to know for the next update:

The next maintenance is scheduled for September 12th. And on that day, they announced that there will be a new map for the Northern Seas (World 3). So if you have beaten World 3 you'll get access to this map following maintenance. So get yourself prepapred ASAP we may be expecting a new hard challenge to appear real soon.
Oh, another medal map? Better focus on taking 3-2 out then!

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2014, 10:11:20 AM »

These ships just conquered 3-2!

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2014, 01:30:30 PM »

These ships just conquered 3-2!

Well congratulations, now the hardest part of your journey begins with World 3. You best have a strong team of ships ready for the missions ahead because enemy fleets are going to be strong. You'll need CVs and BBs paticularly to take care of some parts of the map.

In the meantime, I'm going to give a heads up to everyone once more!

Tomorrow is Maintainance!

It'll happen at the usual time of 11:00 - 17:00.

Besides the new map that'll be introduced there have been a few extra notes mentioned as well...

1. There will be new BGM (for the new 3-5 map obviously)

2. There will be an upgrade function for your jukebox!

3. There will be new commemoration furniture that'll be given out. (I haven't checked the numbers, but if I'm correct, the current number of players may have reached 2.5 million to date.)

That's about all that's known at this time. So be sure your expedition team ready for the maintenance period.

On other news, it's been announced in a magazine interview that...

The Fall Event is in the works!

Not much information was revealed in the magazine, but what is currently known about it is that it'll be easier compared to Operation AL/ MI. So take that as a sigh of relief since we went through a lot of torture back in the previous event.

Chances are this might be about Arpeggio Tier level. Which is anyone partook in that map, it was easy even for beginners with a decently trained fleet. And if that's case, expect maybe 1-2 ships as rewards.

Also dropped off info about the screen writers regarding the Kancolle anime in the anime topic if you want to check it out.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:44:59 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2014, 02:14:25 PM »

Not much information was revealed in the magazine, but what is currently known about it is that it'll be easier compared to Operation AL/ MI. So take that as a sigh of relief since we went through a lot of torture back in the previous event.

Chances are this might be about Arpeggio Tier level. Which is anyone partook in that map, it was easy even for beginners with a decently trained fleet. And if that's case, expect maybe 1-2 ships as rewards.
Oh thank God. I don't think I could handle a repeat of E-1. ;-;

In other news, finished 3-2 last night and 3-3 this morning. Just need to power through 3-4 now.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2014, 02:18:13 PM »
It better be easier than last event. Operation AL was just way more frustrating than it should have been, despite being a "beginner-friendly" map.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:19 PM »

Also dropped off info about the screen writers regarding the Kancolle anime in the anime topic if you want to check it out.

Please let there be Shinano as a reward.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2014, 08:52:59 PM »
Finished World 3, meaning I'm ready for the new map and I finally unlocked World 5.

Also, FINALLY got Uzuki to drop, so I'm quite happy.

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 2 : Now with moar Northern Hime!
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2014, 09:07:05 AM »
We are finally back! And this update is filled with a new map, lots of new BGMs, fruniture, new UI tweaks, and an old familiar face..... Looks like we're going to have some fun here!

So here's the report for this update!

01. New map implemented in northern waters
Extra Operation 'Northern Waters Reconnaissance in Force' map implemented
*Accessible from Map 3
*Finishing map will reward one medal per month

02. New BGM Implemented
'Musashi's Return to Base' will play when a certain furniture is placed in HQ
'Akashi's Armory' is playable from the Jukebox
'Grace of the Bushi's Soul' will play in the new area

03. Northern Waters Mission changes
The boss of the new map can be used to complete this mission
The northern waters mission can be completed now by defeating the bosses of 3-3, 3-4, or 3-5 a certain number of times

04. AA equipment buff
AA MGs, AA rockets, and certain DP/HA guns' AA stats have been buffed
*Their usage will not change drastically

05. UI Changes
When equipment of the same kanmusu is changed more than once, the equipment list will stay on the last page opened rather than resetting to the first page.

06. Jukebox changes
The following changes have been made to the Jukebox
*A total of 10 songs can now be requested
*Reduced the number of coins needed to play a song
(cont.)

07. Jukebox changes part 2
* New song added to Jukebox, 'Akashi's Armory'
* Jukebox Songs can be set as your HQ BGM

08. New Commemorative furniture
In thanks to all of our fans and the awards we have earned, the following furniture are given out.
*Musashi model dresser - requires many furniture coins
* Thank you wallscroll - Does not require any coins

09. Furniture special effects
* Musashi Model Dresser and Thank you wallscroll will play 'Musashi's Return to Base' BGM when placed in the HQ

10. HQ BGM info
In addition to the Jukebox 'HQ BGM' setting, the new fall furniture and the special furniture from this patch will change the HQ BGM
Removing the furniture will return it to the normal BGM or the 'HQ BGM' set in the jukebox

11. Onsen Bath furniture
The Cypress Onsen Bath furniture will become fall themed
This is an automatic change and if you already own the item, you do not need to repurchase it

12. New map info
EO 'Northern Waters Reconnaissance in Force' map routes can be greatly controlled by your fleet composition
There are many ways to finish it so please try out different fleet combinations

With that, hope you enjoy the new map!

Enemy Analysis report

Enemies identified in new map location...

Some things just simply refuse to die...

Revenge of the Northern Princess (Pre-boss - North Route)

Spoiler:
New Enemy: Tsu-class Light Curiser
Click to identify

Drops Confirmed for 3-5
Tanikaze
Amatsukaze
I-8
I-401
Maruyu (North Hime node drop)
Akashi (North Hime Node drop)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:38:32 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2014, 10:30:01 AM »
Looks like Shinmyoumaru is back. And she's not happy.

Since I hadn't got a chance to steamroll her during the event, having her return is great in a rather awkward way :V

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2014, 10:46:14 AM »
Well this'll be interesting. Time to see how hard the map is~

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2014, 08:16:32 PM »
So a few days ago, I decided, "hey let's try 3-2 again"

After 2 tries...

Look at Yuudachi there, all smirk being the only ship to get out unscathed. I can imagine her saying, "pfft...casuals"

Finally. This map was just the bane of my existence. I literally went into 3-3 immediately after and destroyed it in two tries. 3-4 however, looks like it'll be another pretty hard map to work through, but hopefully I'll be able to pull it off soon. It's either this or 4-4 that I'm also on but keep getting thrown south at the last node rip.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:20:50 PM by Gpop »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2014, 02:02:00 AM »
Finally. This map was just the bane of my existence. I literally went into 3-3 immediately after and destroyed it in two tries. 3-4 however, looks like it'll be another pretty hard map to work through, but hopefully I'll be able to pull it off soon. It's either this or 4-4 that I'm also on but keep getting thrown south at the last node rip.
3-4 isn't actually too bad. I got lucky with the branching since it's all random and managed it in about two or three tries with two regular carriers and the Kongou sisters.

Just gotta hope that the RNG directs you where you wanna go.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2014, 09:52:06 AM »

...I..I don't know why I still find this funny.

Totaku

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2014, 02:22:32 PM »
I've been busy training off to the side as usual and trying to beat 3-5 It's kind of a mess to take on. 3-5 eithers goes well or goes badly. And I see it as a great opprotunity to farm for Akashi and Maruyu. Hopfully I can get the final blow to it soon. Getting to the Tsu-class is the only hard part. Beating it up is the easy part.

Also the Devs have released some important notes up the next patch update.

The update will be set for the 26th of September.

Two things are known ATM....

Junyou and Hiyou will be getting voice update and...

Bismarck is up for.... further remodeling

If this is correct... then that means... brace for... Kai Drei. The whole thought has me tingling with anticipaition considering this will be one of the few Kanmusus to receive more than two upgrades!
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2014, 05:23:05 PM »
Oh dear lord. I'm not sure the world is ready for another Bismarck upgrade.

Spoiler:
I'm not just saying that because I still don't have her. ;-;

As for 3-5, I've basically given up on it until we get some more solid info. I've tackled it a couple of times, but I haven't gotten to the boss at all.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2014, 02:23:20 AM »
Bismarck is up for.... further remodeling

If this is correct... then that means... brace for... Kai Drei. The whole thought has me tingling with anticipaition considering this will be one of the few Kanmusus to receive more than two upgrades!

Let me guess.....this will be the first in a new wave of remodels that require you to marry the chosen shipgirl.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2014, 06:27:14 AM »
Let me guess.....this will be the first in a new wave of remodels that require you to marry the chosen shipgirl.
That won't be fair.
Perhaps it would be at around level 80-90?

Totaku

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2014, 07:44:02 AM »
That won't be fair.
Perhaps it would be at around level 80-90?

Exactly, beside if anyone recalled Bismarck's Kai Zewi was among all things.... Level 50 + a blueprint. That made her the lowest level a battleship was ever to be upgraded. Some reasons that only hinted for more things to happen in the not so distant future for her. And yeah I can't imagine them making a KAi form that would require marriage that would actually destroy the objective Takana (the creator of this game) intended for Kantai Collection.

So yeah what Honest Abe said, that seems like the legit levels she'll likley get another upgrade... and maybe another blueprint for it too?

As for 3-5, I've basically given up on it until we get some more solid info. I've tackled it a couple of times, but I haven't gotten to the boss at all.

There should be more than enough information about 3-5 to go with it. It can be summarized as this:

3-5 is a map that's flexible depending on what direction you're going in. It's difficulty is equivalent to Operation AL's E-2 map on the most part.

You have a north route and the south route on the most part.

The north route is if you aim to go large and loud (As in bring Standard Carriers + Battleships) since the fights up there focus on fighting bigger enemy ships and sometimes used mainly to battle the Northern Hime.

The south route is if you aim to use a smaller and quick fleet and to reach the Tsu-class easier. (Mainly 1 CL + 4-5 DDs and maybe a sub)

People prefer the south route because you have to do less battles to get through it. It's generally recommended to take 1 CL (make sure it can use float planes!) and 5 DDs (make sure a few can equip radars).

Most battles consist of you fighting cruisers (torpedo, light and heavy) and destroyers (Late Model Types BTW), it's mainly a battle to hope your girls can get through it in one piece and not get slapped to hard by torpedos. You want to hope your Kanmusus at the very least cripple enemy torpedo cruisers and those destroyers since those two are the ones that'll most likely send you back home.

Also the LoS check on the pre-boss node is not as high as the event's LoS so a seaplane + 3 radars should do the trick.

Tsu-class is mainly geared for anti-air and submarine warfare through it can potentially double attack based on it's equipment setup (2 high angle cannons, Sonar, seaplane) Otherwise it's not really a threat, it's getting past it's meat sheilds that is! It's accomnpany by 2 red transports, a Ru-class BB, and some late model destoyers. All you got to do is try to make it through the day battle and attempt to kill it in night battle. It's weak and frail so it's an easy kill. You may also aim for this boss if you're trying to get Tanikaze, Amatsukaze, I-8, and Akashi

A sub is an optional choice, but make sure she's highly trained (like 90 or so) since the enemies can send her back home really quick otherwise)

The north route, most recommend using 1 BB, 1-2 CA, 1-2 CTL, 2 CVs. The maps mainly consist of Rus, Tas and Wos (Especially the ones that have the new planes). Gear your CVs towards fighters to limit Wo damage.

Most notable about the north route is the pre-boss node which has the Northern Princess. Be advised that when you fight her, there's a good chance she'll cripple someone. But usually the reason people take the north route is mainly to collect either Maruyu or Akashi who can drop from this node. So if you want to kill the northern princess for her drops, get some type 3 shells ready. Otherwise there's a branch rule plus LoS requirements.

The branch rules informs that you shouldn't have no more 3 of either battleships and Carriers in your fleet. If you have 4 or more, you'll be dead ended.

LoS is slightly higher in the north, and requires you get a saiun or two in you Carriers + Seaplanes on your BBs.

If you do pass up on Northern hime with your heavy fleet without taking too much damage, then beating up the Tsu-class should be a cakewalk.

You can try alternatives where you use a 2 CLs or a CA in your light fleet, but be advised it has a strong probability of diverting you up a troll sub node and eventually the north route.

The other important thing to note that on your way to the final kill the difficulty ramp increases significantly on the entire map. With the north route now having Wo-kais and a buffed up Northren Hime and the south route having a Nu-class flagship. And the Tsu-class now has gold transports as company.

Sparkling is ADVISED for this map, no exceptions!

I hope this info helped you out there. It's not an easy map and you'll likely turn back many times before successfully making it.

Now let's sweeten the pot a little bit with the next maintenance update...

Besides Hiyou and Jun'you getting new voices and Bismarck getting a Kai Drei (most likely) we now know this....

World 6 Confirmed for Next Update!

For anyone who's beaten world 5, there will now be a 6th world accessible following this update... what will it be? What will we have to face? I'm awaiting to see because this sounds....exciting for me.... many predict it might be based on the American Theater Campaign in which Japan performed a few small raids on the US coastline during WWII.

Guess I'll be eagerly awaiting this update now. : )
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:48:27 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2014, 02:13:15 PM »
Oh dear lord, World 6?  This won't end well, haha.

Also, thanks for the info. I think I might wait a bit though and tackle it again when I have more remodeled destroyers to work with since I hate taking my best ones out of my expeditionary fleets.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:07:05 PM by Kasu »

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 2 : World 6 Coming Soon!
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2014, 02:57:21 PM »
Ok, a large amount of information has come in as of yesterday.

To summarize a Kancolle themed magazine called "Advice for the Daily Lives in the Naval Office District Vol 4." got leaked a day before it's release. And within it a whole bunch of very interesting information was revealed BOTH for the anime and the game. I'll be posting the what was revealed about the game here. The anime info will be posted in it's respected area.

Thanks to an interview with Kisuke Takana he revealed some important factors about the game.

We will be expecting the return of Combine Fleet Mechanics eventually, before the end of the year most likely.

He also pointed out that there will be New Kanmusu that'll be released this "Autumn"... and yes.... he put empahasis on the word "Autumn" that might serve as a "hint" what ship girls we might be expecting.

Anyways as an important reminder, tonight will be maintenance night so get your Kanmusus ready for expedition since maintenance draws near. As a reminder here's what the update will contain:

1. New voices for Hiyou and Jun'you
2. Bismarck getting further remodel! Kai Drei most likely
3. World 6- The Central Seas Operations, we will be getting 6-1"Central Sea Sentry Line" which will be a "Submarine Operation Map" This may mean that we'll either be exterminating subs or our sub girls will be taking center stage on this map.
4. New BGM

And on a different note at long last I finally got all my Standard Carriers!

The Turkey is long overdue, but she's still fresh enough for training.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2014, 03:08:52 PM »
Ah, more girls, eh? Any chance they won't be another group of destroyers?

Totaku

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2014, 06:09:37 AM »
Ah, more girls, eh? Any chance they won't be another group of destroyers?

Depends, name a ship class that contains the name "Aki" in it. That might be a good hint right there. :V

Anyways maintenance is underway and while we are waiting have this as a teaser.

BEHOLD, GLOURIOUS GERMAN TECHNOLOGY AT IT'S FINEST!

Now I Twitter

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2014, 06:44:09 AM »
BEHOLD, GLOURIOUS GERMAN TECHNOLOGY AT IT'S FINEST!

Is thems torpedoes?
Thems torpedoes.

Totaku

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2014, 08:33:10 AM »
The Servers are now up! Get ready because this update has lots of new things to do now! So here's the report!

1. Hiyo and Junyo now have new voices
Hiyo and Junyo get new resupply, wedding (kari), in addition Hiyo Kai, Junyo Kai, and Junyo Kai2 will get new idle voices

2. Bismarck additional refit
Bismarck can be refitted an additional time.  After gaining experience from Zwei and using a blueprint, she can be refitted to Drei
Bismarck can also equip torpedo equipment.

3. New equipment implemented
Along with the new ship refit, the following equipment will be implemented
- Scout floatplane, Ar.196 kai
- 38cm Twin gun kai

04. New Supply ship Irako system
Mamiya's 'sister' ship, Irako has been implemented
Mamiya removed fatigue, but Irako will also raise a number of ships' morale to sparkle status

5. New supply ship Irako system part 2
Mamiya and Irako can be used simultaneously to raise all ships in a fleet to sparkle status
Irako is a purchased item, but she can be obtained from the new missions that will be implemented

6. Supply Ship Irako effects
Irako's sparkling effect will work better on smaller ships
There are exceptions with certain large ships getting being affected more than others

7. New map 'Central Ocean' has been implemented
The following new maps have been implemented
'Central Ocean Reconnaissance' - Submarine Operation
'MS Waters' - MS Island defense line
These maps can be accessed after finishing the Southern waters (World 5)
*You cannot send a support fleet to these two new maps

8. The following new missions have been implemented
- Irako's Preparation
- Submarines, Sortie! (Monthly)
- Torpedo Squadron, to the Southwest! (Monthly)
*All of these will reward a free supply ship Irako

9. New BGM implemented
New BGM 'Overlooking the I-go' is implemented.  This song will play in the new 'central waters' map, but will later be included in other areas and the jukebox.

10. Display/Sound/Communication bug fixes
The following updates have been made
- Fixed hourly notification playing when Furniture 'Antique clock' was removed
- Fixed Jukebox bugs when sound options were adjusted
- Added preventative measures for communication errors
- Display bug of the Type 13 Kai radar fixed

11. I-401 is now buildable

I-401 can now be built in LSC at the completion of today's maintenance

12. New map drops

The boss nodes of the new areas will drop ships that will be available via drops for the first time

Please take your time in your sorties

So there you have it! Bismarck gets to become a torpedo battleship, Shioi is now available for everyone who didn't get her last Christmas... via LSC. And we got two new maps and many ships that'll appear as drops here for the first time. Brace for some fun with this update!

As usual, here's the Kanmusu for this update:

Bismarck Drei
Now I Twitter

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 2 : German Stronk Shipgirls, I-401, and The Central Seas
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2014, 05:47:55 AM »
Anyways, some news has come up!

The next maintenance is planned for the 10th of October! And here's what we know!

There will be another ship that'll get a Kai 2 upgrade! The following hints have been given!

1. It's a Destroyer
2. It was born in the Autumn, and she died in the Autumn.
3. She was the first destroyer to be installed with a Torpedo auto-reloading system.

Many speculation lead to only one destoyer and that's....
Spoiler:
Hatsuharu

How far have you trained her BTW? Mine's at level 72 just from doing expeditions for over several months straight.

Also have anyone here tried World 6 yet? I've found the maps challenging but in some cases rewarding as well. Especially if you want to look for Sakawa!
Now I Twitter

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2014, 05:57:35 AM »
I have yet to get Hatsuharu! :V Time to go back to 1-5!

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2014, 02:30:34 PM »
Took me about a month to get back into the swing of things after the event but I'm finally back in the game.  Spent the last two weeks finishing up some lingering quests and expeditions and I just unlocked World 6 a few minutes ago.  5-3 was really annoying but 5-4 made up for it by being very easy.  Gonna hold off on 5-5 and try to build up my resources a bit since I was pretty negligent about doing expeditions during my downtime.
At least I don't have to worry about my Steel and Bauxite levels.

I'll probably wait and see before I try to snag a Hatsuharu to level.  Hopefully there really is another ship that's getting Kai Ni'd this update because I'm still holding out hope for Nachi/Ashigara.  I'm sitting on my last blueprint right now just in case.  Initially I didn't feel like Zwei was worth it when I still had Tone and Taigei to remodel but I couldn't resist Drei, even at the cost of two blueprints.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2014, 03:13:44 PM »
There will be another ship that'll get a Kai 2 upgrade! The following hints have been given!

1. It's a Destroyer
2. It was born in the Autumn, and she died in the Autumn.
3. She was the first destroyer to be installed with a Torpedo auto-reloading system.

Spoiler:
Hatsuharu
Spoiler:
Hatsuharu
and that's....
Spoiler:
Hatsuharu
Spoiler:
Hatsuharu
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFYES.

I AM COMPLETELY READY.

EDIT: I just realized that spoilers are broken. Well then.