Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 284623 times)

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 03:14:21 AM »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 03:24:26 AM »

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 07:20:43 AM »
My endless grinding of 2-2 and 1-1 for KTKM-sama has left me with hardly any ammo, fuel or bauxite but thousands of steel which I don't know what to do with.

Oh gods of the RNG why do you have to be so cruel, just give me the ships I want.

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2013, 07:31:05 AM »
At the risk of asking a silly question, is this game for modern telephones only, or can one play it on a proper computer?

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 07:57:26 AM »
It's a browser based game, so technically it's both, that is if your phone has internet browser capabilities with Flash.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2013, 03:49:27 PM »
The 'gameplay' is pretty stock standard, and if you don't have any interests in the ship girls themselves it won't really be 'fun'.

I do like the ones that wear aircraft carrier parts like samurai armor. But I ended up looking up how to register, and it seems to be more trouble than it's worth... Needing a VPN to connect at a specific time, enter a lottery, win the lottery, and needing that VPN to connect every time you open the game is too much.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 05:40:30 PM »
I do like the ones that wear aircraft carrier parts like samurai armor. But I ended up looking up how to register, and it seems to be more trouble than it's worth... Needing a VPN to connect at a specific time, enter a lottery, win the lottery, and needing that VPN to connect every time you open the game is too much.

naw after you create and account and log in you just need to get the API link and then you can just play without a vpn

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2013, 07:13:39 PM »
On the second page already and not a single burning love was given? I am dissapoint.

My Kongou is level 40 currently but I still can't get past 2-4 ;/
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2013, 07:30:29 PM »
naw after you create and account and log in you just need to get the API link and then you can just play without a vpn

Aw, nice. I think the next lottery is... Tomorrow night, assuming I did the time zone conversion right. I'll give it a go~

Edit: Oops, I think what I was reading was actually a maintenance announcement...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:49:37 AM by Jana »

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2013, 05:30:09 AM »
On the second page already and not a single burning love was given? I am dissapoint.

My Kongou is level 40 currently but I still can't get past 2-4 ;/
You're going to need more than just levels to get past 2-4, try some radars and giving some of the type-91 ammunition to some Nagato-class battleships. Some Ryuusei torpedo bombers also makes life significantly easier. I have yet to attempt 2-4 after my last attempt
Spoiler:
where I lost my Kaga ;_;
and instead spend more of my time trying to grind these destroyers up in preparation for 3-2.
Aw, nice. I think the next lottery is... Tomorrow night, assuming I did the time zone conversion right. I'll give it a go~

Edit: Oops, I think what I was reading was actually a maintenance announcement...
Lotteries are on every other day I think, the one tomorrow night (Wed) isn't a lottery, I don't think, it's a first-come first-served of 8000 places or something. Also yes, the API link is a smarter choice also due to the fact that DMM.com have started blocking accounts coming from multiple IPs to stop server overloads of the website.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2013, 01:16:32 PM »
Did what you said and damn son, now my Nagato is getting all the mvp's. :getdown:

Didn't know that the radars protected against air attack. Good to know because I have some to make use of.

Got past 2-4 by not taking any damage in any node and going all out against the boss, still that damned flagship battleship got away with 6 hp . At least the 3-1 is good for grinding and for finding gurls for modernization.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 03:21:07 PM by Messiah »

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »
I checked the Twitter again, and it seems there is a lottery in about 10 hours. I think it says they're opening a new server too, so maybe I should go there and start at the same time as everyone else.

次回の新規サーバ開放の情報です!

開放時間:【10/9(水) 12:00】開放開始
着任方式:【抽選】による多段階着任方式
着任規模:新規【約12,000名】規模以上 ※予定
開放サーバ:新設主力【パラオ泊地サーバ】他

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2013, 05:58:38 PM »
radars protect against air attacks?! Does this apply fleet-wide, or only to the ship its equipped to?

Stuck grinding 2-2 with my lv 25ish ships because waiting eternally for my shimakaze

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2013, 05:46:13 AM »
I should have come by earlier, but I did get into the game last night! Here are my boats: linky

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2013, 05:55:40 AM »
radars protect against air attacks?! Does this apply fleet-wide, or only to the ship its equipped to?

Stuck grinding 2-2 with my lv 25ish ships because waiting eternally for my shimakaze
Radar gives a bonus to anti-air fleet wide
Spoiler:
and accuracy which is actually a good boost
, this is why you throw it on your support ship. They are incredibly useful.

Also you seem to be having trouble with Shimakaze, on my first run of 2-2 I got 2 Shimakazes and then never again. Now I'm not getting anything dropped than unusable destroyers.

e: everyone with kitakami except me
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:35:10 AM by Bio »

Red Frost

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2013, 06:31:29 AM »
I should have come by earlier, but I did get into the game last night! Here are my boats: linky

All of my paru paru.

Part of me says screw it, just start playing it, and part of me says I won't enjoy it as much as if I could read everything (one look at the wiki was a bit intimidating).  This is assuming it gets translated, which, if it does, could be quite a while before it sees the light of day.  The anime might give it enough of a popularity boost for them to consider an English version, but the anime is due out sometime in 2014.
*will probably cave in a few days*

This is surprisingly catchy.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2013, 10:41:29 AM »
Wait, did they already confirm an animated series?

Red Frost

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2013, 05:57:03 PM »
Why do the lotteries have to be at the most ungodly hour of the day here :(

I tried waking up for it today, only to wake up and notice that my alarm was going off for two hours <_<

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2013, 06:45:08 PM »
Noon in Japanese time is 10PM Central US time, and that's when the lottery I got in through took place. You can keep an eye on the Twitter and look for a more manageable time~

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2013, 08:35:48 PM »
I caved in and gave it a shot. Totally a better background game than Cookie Clicker.

Might be a dumb question, but how do you change the weapons on a particular ship? I think I did it once and forgot how; I imagine it's in 編成 but clicking on things didn't seem to do much. :derp: Nevermind, found it in 改装.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:48:25 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2013, 06:04:57 AM »

AAAAAW YIS

I am now in love with the recipe page on the english KanColle wiki <3 Only took like 4 tries, too :V
So now these are my fleets:

Also have Ikazuchi, would totally keep her in the main fleet if my destroyers haven't racked up a good long track record of consistently being hit hard enough to not be able to torpedo, and I'd need firepower for World 2 :S
yes, I'm a sucker for lightning-related names. Stop laughing ;_;

Also bwahaha that Inazuma torpedo stat <3 And all in all, considering this is my second day of playing on a busy-ish schedule, I'd say this is already good progress :3
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2013, 03:09:38 PM »
What a coincidence, day 2 myself and I just joined the Shimakaze club right now. :V Those stats, goddamn. Still only one ship that's not a destroyer or light cruiser, though... I've been using the suggested recipe for heavy cruisers but they seem pretty rare despite that, or I've just been very unlucky.
Let's fight.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »
I don't have a nice destroyer or submarine yet, but I have a fine aircraft carrier and battleship combo. Light cruisers for support and I'm getting all 4 S practice matches for every A. Problem is that upkeep is very expensive if I take them out to a real fight... I need to level them a bit more.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2013, 05:18:17 PM »
Of course you guys get Shimakaze so quickly. Then again, I shouldn't be talking as Nagato was my first battleship.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »
Never been a Shimakaze fan. The only lolis that deserve my love are the Akatsuki Quartet. And Fumizuki and Shiranui and Ushio and Arare and Akebono. I have one Shimakaze though, which I use mostly for expeditions.

Meanwhile, wasted more or less 3k of each material trying to get I-168 only to get more Tatsutas to remind me that I lost her at level 19 on 2-4  :fail:

Red Frost

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2013, 12:34:09 AM »
There are bath toys.
They are making Kancolle bath toys.
This is amazing.

Here's the promo art for more Kancolle goodies coming down the pipeline.
(article here)
((apparently the GSC Tetsujin Cafe is doing a Kancolle theme in the near future, too))

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2013, 03:34:26 AM »
So I net an I-58 today. I see some people scrambling to get subs, but her torpedo stats don't look all that special. Is there some special task submarines are good for (besides not getting shot in the face by anything above light cruiser), or am I better off leaving torpedo/night warfare duty to my destroyers?
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2013, 04:50:54 AM »
So I net an I-58 today. I see some people scrambling to get subs, but her torpedo stats don't look all that special. Is there some special task submarines are good for (besides not getting shot in the face by anything above light cruiser), or am I better off leaving torpedo/night warfare duty to my destroyers?

Based on the wiki, light cruisers, torpedo cruisers and destroyers are forced to attack them first and they have the fastest repair time (0.5x multiplier to time compared to 1x destroyer's multiplier) so I guess it would make them an ideal fast repairing tank.

Also the most resource-efficient class in the game.

Once they're lvl 10, they'll get that attack in the opening torpedo salvo (happens before shelling phase). Before lvl 10, they'll need a midget sub to take part in that phase, afterwards they can just be equipped with regular torpedoes and maybe a turbine as well.

Wiki also suggests once they're leveled up a bit, they're good for easy fuel from 2-3.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2013, 05:02:14 AM »
They aren't meant to be tanks, really, one hit from anything will usually get them into red, so they're mainly to help train destroyers and do mini-trips since they're so efficient.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:30:49 AM by Bio »