Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 284534 times)

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
Kancolle
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:01:16 AM »
From wikipedia: Interest in Kantai Collection has significantly risen over the months following its release, to the point where it has often been compared with the fandom of Touhou Project as an emerging viral fandom. There has been a large increase in online activity and fan-created material relating to the game, such as fan-made artworks, doujinshi and other derivative content. As of September 2013, there are over 30,000 artworks on Pixiv tagged with "KanColle"

It's pretty funny if you ask me, I can share this one thing though.

Who is playing? Who is enjoying the fandom? Will it ever be translated? (Probably not...)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 01:03:27 AM »
Will it ever be translated?

Almost unquestionably.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:09:20 AM »
Almost unquestionably.

Please don't be kidding because I want to play this so much. ;-;  It's like Touhou and Strike Witches had a love child, I NEED IT.
This game was the final straw to get me off my butt and start teaching myself Japanese, but a translated version would be most welcome (especially because we wouldn't need a proxy server or whatever just to play it).

You can't even order Nendoroid Shimakaze off of the GSC site because preorders are Japan-only (some kind of licensing issue came up).  Apparently it sold out so fast, they had to reopen a 2nd wave of preorders.  I've heard of Nendoroids selling out fast, but this is the first time I've heard of one reopening preorders almost immediately after the initial release/preorder opening.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 02:27:25 AM »
Looking to try this out actually. Except all the lotteries for spot happened while I was asleep up to now ;_;
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 02:30:31 AM »
You can't even order Nendoroid Shimakaze off of the GSC site because preorders are Japan-only (some kind of licensing issue came up).  Apparently it sold out so fast, they had to reopen a 2nd wave of preorders.  I've heard of Nendoroids selling out fast, but this is the first time I've heard of one reopening preorders almost immediately after the initial release/preorder opening.

I have a friend who pre-ordered the nendoroid off of Amiami. ;)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Red Frost

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 03:40:52 AM »
I have a friend who pre-ordered the nendoroid off of Amiami. ;)

That's where I got mine~  I saw the link for the site in that "Buy stuff from Japan" thread and decided to use them, since Otacute shut down.  GSC was really cool and opened up to international buyers, but this is the first snag I've run into since then.

The next one up for Nendoroid treatment is Akagi.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 03:59:23 AM »
Please don't be kidding because I want to play this so much. ;-;  It's like Touhou and Strike Witches had a love child, I NEED IT.

Not kidding, it's way too popular to not get a localization (and this sort of game often gets localized).  I wouldn't worry too much.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 05:42:24 AM »
I wanted to try this out and was saddened that I couldn't even do that much due to blocks.

Looking forward to a localization.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 05:52:40 AM »
The next one up for Nendoroid treatment is Akagi.

At least this one seems to be dressed more modestly. I'd be more interested in this sort of game if the character getting spammed all the time wasn't the obviously-pandering one.

Red Frost

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 06:33:29 AM »
Not kidding, it's way too popular to not get a localization (and this sort of game often gets localized).  I wouldn't worry too much.

Think they'll go through the trouble of dubbing?  I'm not very anti-dub, but I'd prefer if they didn't (or we at least get an option to choose).  It'd probably be a lot cheaper and faster if they just translate the text and maybe throw up some subtitles when they talk.

At least this one seems to be dressed more modestly. I'd be more interested in this sort of game if the character getting spammed all the time wasn't the obviously-pandering one.

I always assumed she was the mascot because of this and how different she looks compared to the others (most of them seem to follow a design pattern based on the craft/ship).  Aside from half-damage mode, a lot of the characters seem to be wearing pretty modest outfits (or at least the ones I remember).

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 06:44:57 AM »
I am currently playing, currently have an admiral level of 30 since I spend more of my time hoping I get Zuikaku or Kaga from my carrier builds rather than actually playing the game. I haven't after almost 50 tries.
I'm guessing I got in before the lotteries started and the game exploded into popularity.

I've heard rumors of a European localization? But as for other areas, there's not much news. You also don't really need that much knowledge of Japanese, I mean most of it is specialized language anyway.

I guess I can provide some information on the game.

Akagi is one of the earliest carriers you can get if you don't really craft, and all of them have the designs of a carrier deck with a bow. She also has some of the highest resource consumption and base repair times. But yea, probably Akagi and Shimakaze are the most recognizable ships by far.
Yudachi also has recently shot into the spotlight after an update gave her a remodeling which
Spoiler:
gave her a chest
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:43:48 AM by Bio »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »
Kongou, Tenryuu, and to a lesser extent Atagi are also pretty high up there in popularity.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 08:57:36 AM »
I SUNK YUDACHI TODAY I AM A SHITTY ADMIRAL
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 09:09:53 AM »
It's okay Vento.
I hope she wasn't a high level.

Spoiler:
You can always get a another one.

e: New server on Wednesday. Also was one of Monday.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:02:02 AM by Bio »

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 10:02:17 AM »
Game is great, fandom is nice, converted half of the touhou fandom here into admirals

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 10:15:03 AM »
that was one long wait for a thread

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 10:16:41 AM »
For one, I didn't know if anyone had anything to discuss about it (or if anyone played).

Red Frost

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 10:23:09 AM »
I SUNK YUDACHI TODAY I AM A SHITTY ADMIRAL

When their HP reaches zero, they're still okay, right?
YOU JUST TAKE THEM TO A POKEMON CENTER REPAIR SHOP, RIGHT?
(my feels can't handle it)

Kongou, Tenryuu, and to a lesser extent Atagi are also pretty high up there in popularity.
I seem to run into Takao and Atago on danbooru a lot, so I'll assume they're pretty up there.  Aside from Shimakaze, they're the only ones I can recognize easily.  Oh, and Kirishima, because of the glasses.

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 11:14:05 AM »
why does everyone want to listen to the deathquotes omg

It's okay Vento.
I hope she wasn't a high level.

Spoiler:
You can always get a another one.

e: New server on Wednesday.
I fed my one extra to hyper KTKM-sama uwaaaaaaaaaaaa
Spoiler:
actually i'm just bitter about the entire day used yesterday to level her like 10+ times i dont reall lik
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 01:04:23 PM »
I found out about the Kantai Collection over ehem..."safebooru".

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2013, 01:39:25 PM »
I found out about the Kantai Collection over ehem..."safebooru".
It's been all over danbooru for ages and I had no fucking idea what it was. The mystery was solved today.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »
Hmmm......what's the gameplay like? From all indications, it feels like simple state action - take turn stuff.

Oh, and is it just me, or does Kongo give off major Haruhi vibes?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2013, 04:36:06 PM »
I came here for Shimakaze.

Because I always wanted to know where the fuck she came from.

Now I know.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2013, 05:17:37 PM »
Hey, it's interesting they are trying to put much detail in creating ship moes, although the information rest in the Japanese wiki untranslated. That being said, the is still the normal, not fictional wikipedia, that deals with the rich history of Japanese naval forces.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2013, 05:32:36 PM »
Hey, it's interesting they are trying to put much detail in creating ship moes, although the information rest in the Japanese wiki untranslated. That being said, the is still the normal, not fictional wikipedia, that deals with the rich history of Japanese naval forces.

it also tends to give admirals the feels because almost every ship had a sunken fate ;_;

also the (english) wikia has tons of helpful stuff in there, actually, like a FAQ and guide for the beginning part of the game, it's crucial to my gaijin self who can't moonrune  :ohdear:

Hmmm......what's the gameplay like? From all indications, it feels like simple state action - take turn stuff.

Oh, and is it just me, or does Kongo give off major Haruhi vibes?

little video to check out gameplay guy muted his bgm for some reason though

i never watched haruhi so I don't know, but i asked friends who did and they said similiar only in appearance (?)

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2013, 05:46:27 PM »
s-such lewdness

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »

Oh neat, I never actually saw the gameplay. It could be fun to play-

s-such lewdness

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 12:29:47 AM »
The 'gameplay' is pretty stock standard, and if you don't have any interests in the ship girls themselves it won't really be 'fun'.

Red Frost

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 02:57:48 AM »
The 'gameplay' is pretty stock standard, and if you don't have any interests in the ship girls themselves it won't really be 'fun'.

The allure of fleetgirl moe is pretty strong... it's an automated game and I still want to play it.  I'm amazed it's even getting a manga/light novel series and anime.  There's also that game coming out for Vita in 2014, which might have more to the gameplay aspect.  Too bad I don't have a Vita.

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 03:01:23 AM »
never underestimate the power of moe

and of lewd