Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 224366 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - just build a damn Warmog's
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2013, 09:22:55 PM »
it's because your MMR is way below gold MMR, and their MMR is way above bronze MMR.

But I've been in this situation since I was first put into Gold V... I've been fighting mainly Silver I and II. I think it's because of the distributions between ranks. 5 and 4 have a lot more people than 1,2,3, so people near the top of their divisions tend to be matched with V from the next. But that dosen't explain the Bronzes. Maybe duos.

Even when I've been on a winning streak [Right now I've been on a losing streak] and I'm at 70+ LP, I'm getting matched with Silvers constantly.

Also I only said Lux was bad. And that's because she was really, really bad. Also Fiddle support was very good.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:25:26 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »
But I've been in this situation since I was first put into Gold V... I've been fighting mainly Silver I and II. I think it's because of the distributions between ranks. 5 and 4 have a lot more people than 1,2,3, so people near the top of their divisions tend to be matched with V from the next. But that dosen't explain the Bronzes. Maybe duos.

Even when I've been on a winning streak [Right now I've been on a losing streak] and I'm at 70+ LP, I'm getting matched with Silvers constantly.

Also I only said Lux was bad. And that's because she was really, really bad. Also Fiddle support was very good.

no it's literally because of your mmr. this has been posted about on the NA forums a bunch. what is most likely to happen is that you will approach 80-90 LP and get throttled really hard until the matchmaker decides that your mmr is high enough for the next tier

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2013, 10:21:37 PM »

Duos will have boosted MMR, they always have to make up for people trying to carry lower ranked friends up.
MMR algorithm just got cahnged to count number of wins (i.e matches played) more.
If they're in ELO hell bronze and have played many games there they will have higher MMR.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »
Caitlyn: Don't dive the turret guys

*5 seconds later*

Fizz: *Misses Ult*
Irelia: *Dives tower*
Fizz: *Dives tower*

Me, Taric and Caitlyn: FFFFFFFFF- *I dive because we basically have to all-in now anyway*

Que loss.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2013, 12:12:38 AM »
*I dive because we basically have to all-in now anyway*

uh. no you don't. all you going in did was give them another kill worth of gold and left your team with one less person to defend whatever objectives they tried to claim afterwords

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2013, 12:23:33 AM »
uh. no you don't. all you going in did was give them another kill worth of gold and left your team with one less person to defend whatever objectives they tried to claim afterwords

I kinda did. Without Fizz and our fed Irelia, we wouldn't have been able to defend 3v5 anyway.

It was either dive and try to bail their rears out and maybe win the fight, or take out enough people that they can't win, or let them die and lose the game there for sure.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2013, 12:52:44 AM »
I kinda did. Without Fizz and our fed Irelia, we wouldn't have been able to defend 3v5 anyway.

It was either dive and try to bail their rears out and maybe win the fight, or take out enough people that they can't win, or let them die and lose the game there for sure.

all you did was give the enemy team a bigger advantage. if you had not gone in, your team would have been in a better position to defend, regardless of whether or not you would have lost

it's easy to blame fizz and irelia for going in, but it's not so easy to realize that you also made a huge mistake

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2013, 01:13:27 AM »
Shouldn't Morgana eat AP Yi alive? Just thinking.

EDIT: God I want to play one fucking game of LoL, not stay in queue because of all these amounts of dodging.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2013, 01:19:59 AM »
all you did was give the enemy team a bigger advantage. if you had not gone in, your team would have been in a better position to defend, regardless of whether or not you would have lost

it's easy to blame fizz and irelia for going in, but it's not so easy to realize that you also made a huge mistake

I fail to see how going for a 90% chance of defeat is a mistake when the alternative was a 100% chance of defeat. Yes, it ended bad. However what was the other option? Leave them to die and then lose anyway due to a 3v5 at base.

If you can explain how my actions in that situation was a mistake, then I may agree. However given the scenario, I think I did the only reasonable thing I could. Especially since I was Maokai and maybe I could have saved Fizz and Irelia at least if they backed out [They didn't], making it a 4v5 scenario.

It's hard to recognize something as a mistake when you don't know why it was one.

Sometimes the only good move is not to play, they say. Every move in that situation is a 'bad' move.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:23:05 AM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2013, 02:27:29 AM »
I fail to see how going for a 90% chance of defeat is a mistake when the alternative was a 100% chance of defeat.

exactly, so why did you dive and waste your small chance at winning?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2013, 02:37:59 AM »
exactly, so why did you dive and waste your small chance at winning?

The 90% chance of defeat was diving. We could have gone, say, 4 for 5, or something.

The 100% chance was not. We couldn't hold 3v5 in any circumstance.

So I chose the 90% chance of defeat over the 100% chance.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2013, 02:39:47 AM »
The 90% chance of defeat was diving. We could have gone, say, 4 for 5, or something.

The 100% chance was not. We couldn't hold 3v5 in any circumstance.

So I chose the 90% chance of defeat over the 100% chance.

i don't get how you can't see that you're wrong

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2013, 02:45:19 AM »
So you're saying I should have let Fizz and Irelia die, and then the remaining three get steamrolled in a 3v5 at the base and we lose by default? [Maokai and Taric have 0 damage, so it would just be our AD, who was a Caitlyn.]

So you're saying I should have gone with 100% defeat chance rather than 90% defeat chance?

I fail to realize how you think that is a better alternative.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2013, 02:53:22 AM »
So you're saying I should have let Fizz and Irelia die, and then the remaining three get steamrolled in a 3v5 at the base and we lose by default? [Maokai and Taric have 0 damage, so it would just be our AD, who was a Caitlyn.]

So you're saying I should have gone with 100% defeat chance rather than 90% defeat chance?

I fail to realize how you think that is a better alternative.

because taric can stomp the primary damage from hurting the turret long enough for maokai and caitlyn to erase the attacking creep wave and forcing the enemy team to turret dive themselves in order to get kills or an objective?

your caitlyn also had shiv, which just makes her even better at stalling on top of piltover peacemaker. even taric can contribute by wing and ring the wave since those cds are really low

maokai can just ult in front of the turret, reducing the damage his creep takes and then using the ult to break their creep line, also saplings

you made a bad play.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2013, 03:01:22 AM »
because taric can stomp the primary damage from hurting the turret long enough for maokai and caitlyn to erase the attacking creep wave and forcing the enemy team to turret dive themselves in order to get kills or an objective?

your caitlyn also had shiv, which just makes her even better at stalling on top of piltover peacemaker. even taric can contribute by wing and ring the wave since those cds are really low

maokai can just ult in front of the turret, reducing the damage his creep takes and then using the ult to break their creep line, also saplings

you made a bad play.

A 3v5 dive on a turret is a lot easier than a 5v5 dive. Especially when there's a Hecarim healing from Spirit of Dread, and a Vladimir healing from everything.

Vlad, Zed and Graves can push like mad too. Graves and Zed have high burst.

And then there's a Blitzcrank.

They could have just either grabbed someone with Blitz, or outright dived 3v5 with or without creeps , bursted Caitlyn, and then not given a damn about me and Taric. It was 39 mins in, they were tanky enough to dive easily.

And they would have had all their ults except maybe Blitz ult, because they're not gonna waste ults if two people dive 5 under a tower without backup... so that's Hemoplauge, Onslught of Shadows, Zed Ult and Collateral Damage to just obliterate Caitlyn instantly.

Maybe it was a bad play, and I can see where you are coming from about the waveclear we had, but the way I see it, there was no way we could have defended 3v5, and as such, on the spot, I made the choice 'Welp, we gotta save these two morons'.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2013, 03:03:30 AM »
A 3v5 dive on a turret is a lot easier than a 5v5 dive. Especially when there's a Hecarim healing from Spirit of Dread, and a Vladimir healing from everything.

Vlad, Zed and Graves can push like mad too. Graves and Zed have high burst.

And then there's a Blitzcrank.

They could have just either grabbed someone with Blitz, or outright dived 3v5 with or without creeps , bursted Caitlyn, and then not given a damn about me and Taric. It was 39 mins in, they were tanky enough to dive easily.

And they would have had all their ults except maybe Blitz ult, because they're not gonna waste ults if two people dive 5 under a tower without backup... so that's Hemoplauge, Onslught of Shadows, Zed Ult and Collateral Damage to just obliterate Caitlyn instantly.

Maybe it was a bad play, and I can see where you are coming from about the waveclear we had, but the way I see it, there was no way we could have defended 3v5, and as such, on the spot, I made the choice 'Welp, we gotta save these two morons'.

so are you basically saying that you had about a 10% chance of success defending your base?

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2013, 03:45:34 AM »
Yadogari?

Have I seen you before? That sounds familiar...
I think he's been in the in-game chatbox for a while now. Not sure if that's where you mean, since almost no one even talks in that thing. :V

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2013, 03:53:12 AM »
I think he's been in the in-game chatbox for a while now. Not sure if that's where you mean, since almost no one even talks in that thing. :V

That's probably it. Why does no one talk there anyway?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2013, 04:20:41 AM »
That's probably it. Why does no one talk there anyway?
I haven't the faintest clue, really. I don't really say much since no one else does, but I guess the big reason is just because the forums themselves are already an efficient enough medium for communication, and if anyone wants to talk to anyone specific, it's as easy as a PM in-game.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2013, 04:31:47 AM »
I haven't the faintest clue, really. I don't really say much since no one else does, but I guess the big reason is just because the forums themselves are already an efficient enough medium for communication, and if anyone wants to talk to anyone specific, it's as easy as a PM in-game.

True, and there's rarely enough people to get 5-man going too.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Terrabreak

• The worst thing that can happen is we all die~
  • The power of science!
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2013, 09:04:17 AM »
Its just me or problems with the jungle leash became quite frequent right after the end of season 2?
I mean, before I would only have trouble with players having dc's during the leash or trying to take my big wraith/wolf for the extra exp (Obviously I would also find players who didnt gave a leash at all) but it wasnt that common. This days 80% of my games as a jungler have:

A) Someone (most likely a melee champ) staying too long next to the camp so he will take away exp (Dont know if by accident or on purpose)
B) Someone stealing the big wraith/wolf from the first camp (Same deal than in season 2 but WAY more frequent)
C) Teammates not even bothering to help me (Also WAY more frequent than in season 2, mostly because throwing 1 aa and then going back to lane is not a leash in my book)
D) Teammates taking wraiths if I start at blue (Not so common compared to the others but WTF, makes me think my teammates havent played a jungle once in their life)

This can get to be very annoying and makes me "ban in my mind" a lot of my junglers (Im not going jungle nautilus if after wolves-blue I have to kill golems at level 1 because top wanted to leech some exp and bot took away my wraiths). Bring back seaon 2 jungle please~

PS: The only response after tons and tons of this stuff is going jungle Darius and if my team screw me up on purpose I would say "dont gank 'till level 6" and dunk every kill I could. Have worked quite well until now.
Never forget.... those good old times~

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2013, 06:02:01 PM »
Just bought Thresh. He is just too fun, and compliments my support roster well since I never bought Blitzcrank (fuck that guy) or taric (fuck that guy too).

If I can play thresh, lulu and support lux well enough (and technically I also have nunu and soraka for what it's worth) I think that's enough for supporting in ranked, in theory.
Just need to stop sucking at the other roles.  :colonveeplusalpha:

...Does someone know how exactly the ramp-up of his W passive works? Does it start at 0% of (souls + xx% AD) and ramps up to full over the course of a few seconds? Or does it start at higher than 0%?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:34:10 PM by Iryan »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2013, 08:49:08 PM »
so are you basically saying that you had about a 10% chance of success defending your base?

No, I'm saying the defense chance was ~0%.

The chance of winning the dive teamfight at least existed. Hence the arbitrary estimate of 90% chance of defeat. We have a better chance 5v5 than 5v3, even considering a tower.

I dived because if I didn't, DEFENSE WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPOSSIBLE.

On a totally unrelated note, W passive ramps up over time based on AD, and will always have 100% of souls as damage. So it'll start 0~xx, and then go 1~xx+1 when you get a soul, ect.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »
On a totally unrelated note, W passive ramps up over time based on AD, and will always have 100% of souls as damage. So it'll start 0~xx, and then go 1~xx+1 when you get a soul, ect.
...this is so awesome. Sercan was right...

Be merry, everyone, because AS-bruiser-thresh is coming to town!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2013, 03:22:55 AM »
No, I'm saying the defense chance was ~0%.

The chance of winning the dive teamfight at least existed. Hence the arbitrary estimate of 90% chance of defeat. We have a better chance 5v5 than 5v3, even considering a tower.

I dived because if I didn't, DEFENSE WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPOSSIBLE.

so you said i might have been right about being able to waveclear at turret

but now you're saying it's impossible

which is it????????

Be merry, everyone, because AS-bruiser-thresh is coming to town!

ASPD won't work because his Q passive(idk why you guys said w rofl) scales up over time. if you stack ASPD, you'll just hit with the blue passive over and over. you only get 100% of soul damage when it's red

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2013, 09:23:36 AM »
ASPD won't work because his Q passive(idk why you guys said w rofl) scales up over time. if you stack ASPD, you'll just hit with the blue passive over and over. you only get 100% of soul damage when it's red
...that is precisely what I asked and I got the opposite response, else I wouldn't have thought that in the first place. Why are you doing this to me?

YOU ARE TEARIN' ME APART, LISA

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2013, 11:24:10 AM »
...that is precisely what I asked and I got the opposite response, else I wouldn't have thought that in the first place. Why are you doing this to me?

YOU ARE TEARIN' ME APART, LISA

ALWAYS TRUST THE SUPPORT KING

DO  YOU UNDERSTAND LYFE?

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »
We need a support who can give an ally a 3 second 40/55/70/85/100% damage reflect in the vein of thornmail.

We also need a support who uses HP to cast his spells, one of them costing 8% of his own current hp and healing target ally for that amount + 0/2/4/6/8% of their own missing health.

*random ideas*

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »
so you said i might have been right about being able to waveclear at turret

but now you're saying it's impossible

which is it????????

Waveclear = possible

Stopping them diving 3v5 and slaughtering us and winning the game despite that = impossible.

We need a support who can give an ally a 3 second 40/55/70/85/100% damage reflect in the vein of thornmail.

We also need a support who uses HP to cast his spells, one of them costing 8% of his own current hp and healing target ally for that amount + 0/2/4/6/8% of their own missing health.

*random ideas*

The odds of a manaless support when HoG just got taken out of the game, leaving Philo and Kage's as the only GP5's is slim to none.

That said, it could be in the same vein as Olaf, and only that one skill costs HP. Although the whole 'heal based on % of missing HP' is Karma's thing, and she does that AoE.

And 100% damage reflect ala Thronmail would be stupidly broken and would be an automatic win in any fight just by stacking HP, because you take more damage to kill in the first place, and you're dealing more yourself on top of that. The last thing we need is a Support that wins teamfights by themselves after getting Ruby Sightstone and Locket. [And then proceeds to stack more HP]

Or a support that encourages HP stacking in general :/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:36:35 PM by Raikaria »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2013, 07:47:01 PM »
And 100% damage reflect ala Thronmail would be stupidly broken and would be an automatic win in any fight just by stacking HP, because you take more damage to kill in the first place, and you're dealing more yourself on top of that. The last thing we need is a Support that wins teamfights by themselves after getting Ruby Sightstone and Locket. [And then proceeds to stack more HP]
So what you are saying is that forcing the enemy to switch the target of their autoattacks for 2~3 seconds unless they want to take heavy damage is op? They can switch their target or, if it is a 1v1, just stop attacking for the duration. They can still use their abilities on your ally just fine. If the cd is such that you can have it up roughly 1/3rd of the time, then over a prolonged fight it is not considerably better than a thornmail that you can pass around between your team members. The thornmail passive is worth 400 gold. The ability has counterplay. What is the problem?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:49:33 PM by Iryan »