Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 10 - Threads...threads are truly outrageous.  (Read 224577 times)

Re: League of Legends Thread 10 - just build a damn Warmog's
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 05:57:17 AM »
Also Taric nerfs.

Well we knew it was coming sooner or later. Riot can't leave a support alone.

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 06:00:24 AM »
Sure toss me on the list for a change, ArashiKurobara on NA.

Also any of y'all who do tribunal should keep an eye out for a Darius accusing everyone forever of hacking and link it once it's processed if you get it. I wanna see what a joy he must have been for his own team to deal with, much less the accusations in allchat after I muted. Just to lol at. :V (Rest of his team Jarvan, Leblanc, Lux, Yi; enemy team Sona, Trist, Kass, Fiora, Xin though I don't think we said a whole lot in all, I do remember Jarvan complimenting my skin.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:08:47 AM by Arashuu Iwabara »

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 06:01:10 AM »
I don't see any Taric nerfs ???

meanwhile in top lane Rumble and Singed and just chillin on their almost 60% winrates

huh on second read, a lot of Quinn's stuff is conditional, like her dash is only to an enemy, are attack speed steroid only activates on a vulnerable target, and her blind is a skillshot. She's really offensive based and has nothing defensive aside from using the movespeed boost from her ult to run away.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:06:37 AM by Suikama »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 06:05:36 AM »
Just tried Quinn out.

She's probably the best 1v1'er ADC in the game, with both a blind on Q and a double steroids.

Her E is only gonna be used as a gapcloser to proc her passive, so it gets maxxed last, max her W first, it really helps.

She's a great harasser thanks to her passive, it seems to have a max range but it seems to always proritize champions.

She doesn't have good scaling on any of her skills, she also has very little AoE damage, so I'd get a shiv on her.

Her ult is actually ridiculously awesome for running away, chasing down foes (The damage portion of the skill deals more damage based on the opponent's missing health, it's pretty much Riven's Ultimate with a different range.) and pushing down towers (The W gives her ultimate a gigantic passive Attack Speed buff.)

Her natural damaging combo is wait fo a passive proc, Auto attack > Q > E > Auto attack. This actually gives her better burst than most ADCs I know of.

Her passive is not all that great for farming because most of the time the targeted minion is actually high health, and like I said, it prioritizes champions so...

I've had no mana problems on her whatsoever except for when I needed to ult, which I didn't do often.

Her W Active costs no Mana but doesn't seem very useful unless you suspect a gank, but your support should ward for things like that.

Pushing potential is actually quite high with her passive damage and attack speed steroid and Q aoe. She also has higher base movespd than other ADCs I know of (330 if I'm not mistaken.) Though she seems to have low base AD, probably to compensate for the passive's bonus damage.

I don't have AD Carry runes on PBE so I just ran top lane runes on her and won my lane just fine, this is PBE we're talking about though, my Blitz went AFK (Probably internet connection problems, he did apologize before he DC'ed again) and my opponents (MF and Sona) were... Bad, to say the least.

She's an interesting ADC, I'll totally buy her once she comes out. It'll take a while to get there though.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 10:36:48 AM »
She has a blind, dash, damage and attack speed steroid, reveal, and execute nuke

holy shit

Seriously 11 second CDR blind? have fun trying to trade/farm/do anything against her in lane

her range is tiny as fuck it looks like. shorter range than vayne.

caitlyn should poop on her

additionally people are theorycrafting that she might be best top lane

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »
I don't see any Taric nerfs ???
Tentative PBE changes. Basically, the armor aura is now equal to 10% of Taric's armor, which is overall a nerf but fair enough.  In compensation(?), however, Shatter also now has an armor-based ratio for additional damage.

anyway gonna go try out Quinn wheee

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »
On Quinn:

Seems like she's a OK duelist, except any ADC with a steroid will just wait out the blind [Which, by the way, seems to be a skillshot] and then dump on her.

She has no real steroid unless she goes melee. And we all know how well Melee Carries work. [They don't]

Not impressed, tbh.

Also, Blade of the Ruined King changes... again. Cutlass is cheaper, BotRK is getting 30% AS, building with 2 daggers and becoming a tiny bit more expensive [70 gold]

Also this W change is like, Taric's 4th rework. Riot staph! [Although one look at Tarics pick and win rates tells you he needed the nerf hammer]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:37:40 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »
BotRK changes? If those go through... I might get out the on-hit lulu again. At this rate it is basically becoming Madred's with a better build path and awesome active, which I very much like. :3
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 03:04:45 PM »
On Quinn:

Seems like she's a OK duelist, except any ADC with a steroid will just wait out the blind [Which, by the way, seems to be a skillshot] and then dump on her.

She has no real steroid unless she goes melee. And we all know how well Melee Carries work. [They don't]

Not impressed, tbh.

She can easily proc her bonus damage steroid twice or more in a fight if she's smart about her E usage, if the opponent tries to hide in a bush, she presses W, if the opponent tries to flee, she ults and executes, and if they stay and fight, her blind can win most skirmishes.

And don't you say anything about her Q being a skillshot because her E has a 70% slow attached to it, the opposing ADC would have to burn a dash to dodge it with that kinda slow and most kinda lose a lot of their power if they don't use their dashes (Ezreal is the only one I can think of who doesn't).

I also don't know exactly how useful this would be but something tells me she can also use her E to escape, like combining the slow with the fact she does a backflip to gain some distance should probably help a lot. If simply ulting gives her +80% movspd until she hits something or gets hit, then it's gonna be hard to chase her down.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:06:30 PM by Motomiya Sacchi »

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 05:49:58 PM »
Annnd evidently this appeared later or I missed it the first time but now Yi's Alpha Strike has a 0.5 bonus AD ratio, for additional dunking.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 04:03:17 AM »
So yeah, me and a friend are doing Quinn runs on PBE, anybody wanna join in? The more the merrier.

EDIT: Nvm, we're done.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:34:56 AM by Motomiya Sacchi »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2013, 05:53:10 AM »

because, you know, she's totally just gonna sit there and do nothing for the duration of her blind

that's what people do. they blind you and stop doing damage because it's polite

seriously

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2013, 06:37:02 AM »
Ok, so basically you wanna ult with quinn on 3 occasions:

1- You need to get somewhere really freaking fast.

2- You're part of the cleanup crew.

3- Split push. No seriously.

I've found that once you max your W Valor has just so much attack speed that split pushing is dead easy. Combine that with valor's ridiculous movement speed and suddenly she becomes master yi. Valor ignores unit collision by default, actually.

She also has a pretty good burst between her passive, her E making her passive proc again and her Q. I've also found that R > Q > W > E seems to be the best way to go on her.

Also, if an opponent is free farming on just slightly out of position, your ult can get you to any place so fast they won't be able to react in time. Even if they do see you coming chances say they can't escape.

Also, I've found that building her as a bruiser seems awesome. A frozen mallet to stop being kited, the new botrk combined with a zephyr and a Berserker's Greaves gives you about 2.01 attack speed with your W passive proc. And max attack speed while ulted. Aside from that just build tanky and you can actually go in as valor and wreck faces.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 10:32:44 AM »
Range increase on cutlass and BotRK? STEALTH UDYR BUFF!
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2013, 11:36:49 AM »
These Hecarim changes.

Not sure if want.

Stronger early clear speed and dueling [10 damage on something as spammable as Rampage is huge], but less damage at high ranks of W, and less healing means far less of a hypercarry.

Also, called it. Quinn just got several pretty significant buffs on the PBE:
Base HP up 18
MS up 5
Base Armor up 2.5
Ult ignores unit collision

Although her excecute got a tiny bit weaker.

Also Riot can you please stop messing with BotRK? So now it's encouraging you to build even more flat AD, this time for lifesteal which vanishes from the base of the item?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 11:40:06 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2013, 03:29:17 AM »
quinn is pretty ridiculous

buffing her might have been a mistake

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2013, 05:42:48 AM »
Me and ryuu just finished a spree of PBE games.

Holy shit quinn is absurd in the hands of a godlike being like ryuu :V

Starting her E makes her an amazing level 1 fighter, put her with someone like Leona and 1 CC guarantees you a kill.

She really didn't need the buffs she got, aside from ult ignoring unit collision.

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2013, 06:28:05 AM »
Me and ryuu just finished a spree of PBE games.

Holy shit quinn is absurd in the hands of a godlike being like ryuu :V

Starting her E makes her an amazing level 1 fighter, put her with someone like Leona and 1 CC guarantees you a kill.

She really didn't need the buffs she got, aside from ult ignoring unit collision.

i was stuck up in mid for the early part but ryuu lategame pretty much solidified the she's strong argument so

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2013, 06:42:32 AM »
now that i've actually had the time to play her and read her kit

She has no real steroid unless she goes melee.

she literally has two steroids. two.

vunerability is a steroid and her w passive is that proccing vunerability gives her aspd.

yeah, that really fits her thematic and it feels a lot better than if it wasn't there. i would rage out if i was that fast and got creep blocked or something. the bonus ms is probably too fast with unit collision though.

i was stuck up in mid for the early part but ryuu lategame pretty much solidified the she's strong argument so

imo that was more people on the pbe not really knowing good strategy. we could have lost a lot of those games, but everyone just let me farm while they wandered around not claiming any objectives.

her early game might be too strong but idk for sure yet. leona does buff the early game power of her carry by tons

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2013, 07:21:38 AM »
[12:28:03 AM] iamtheshim: ryuu ryuu
[12:28:05 AM] iamtheshim: ryuuuuuuuuu
[12:28:19 AM] Ryuu: shim
[12:28:28 AM] iamtheshim: just played a ranked game as rumble
[12:28:35 AM] iamtheshim: against a team with a jungle malphite with no smite
[12:28:40 AM] iamtheshim: and a katarina top
[12:28:44 AM] iamtheshim: who straight rushed warmog's
[12:28:52 AM] iamtheshim: FREEEEEEEEEE KIIIIIIIIIIIILLS
[12:28:56 AM] Ryuu: rofl
[12:28:58 AM] iamtheshim: also freelo
[12:29:18 AM] iamtheshim: ryuu you are spreading misinformation about warmogrina
[12:29:24 AM] iamtheshim: you get it third or fourth
[12:29:33 AM] iamtheshim: these people have learned poorly
[12:29:34 AM] Ryuu: yeah you can get it first too
[12:29:40 AM] Ryuu: but i like third because damage is more fun
[12:29:47 AM] iamtheshim: I mean
[12:29:53 AM] iamtheshim: she came to lane with a health crystal
[12:29:55 AM] iamtheshim: so I killed her
[12:30:01 AM] iamtheshim: then she came back with like 8 health pots
[12:30:04 AM] iamtheshim: so I killed her again
[12:30:22 AM] iamtheshim: then she picked up a kill on our jungler and picked up a couple beads and boots
[12:30:25 AM] iamtheshim: so I killed her again
[12:31:25 AM] iamtheshim: RYUU IT WAS A BAD PLAN
[12:31:46 AM] Ryuu: rofl
also checking match history shows several other matches as warmog's rush kat

I dunno man

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2013, 07:30:51 AM »
warmogs rush kat is soooooo 3 patches ago

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2013, 07:37:15 AM »
guy builds a sunfire cape second

rumble all day :V

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2013, 05:24:26 PM »
Has Skype been crashing for any of you guys lately? It always crashes when I use it to call. It started about two weeks ago.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2013, 05:29:23 PM »
So, what would be an easy bruiser to learn solo top again? I have been playing only jungle for the past month or so, and while that increased my winrate in ranked, I'm terrible at other roles now. Wat do.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2013, 06:35:55 PM »
she literally has two steroids. two.

vunerability is a steroid and her w passive is that proccing vunerability gives her aspd.

Harrier I don't really count. It's like saying Headshot is a good steroid. It's not. [In fact this seems weaker than Headshot]

I missed that Vulnerability, however, gives Atkspeed to Quinn as well as Valor. Howeverr, it seems like a max last skill, so it's only 20% for most of the game, and 40% at max rank. That's not exactly impressive.

On a totally unrelated note; it seems contrary to what I keep telling myself, I can play ADC:

Then I check the Lux and the Varus' profiles and see that for some, unknowable reason, they are both Bronze I.

I'm Gold V. Everyone else in the game is Silver 1~2.

What is this Riot?

[Funny Bronze moments that made me suspect Lux was bronze before checking included facechecking as Lux v Fiddle support, attempting to 1v1 a Super Creep, while at Lv 12, 35 mins in, with a support build, being forced to run, only for my ult from base it kill her. She also seemed to have no runes, based on the massive damage she was taking from my AA's at low levels.]

Also I'm of the firm opinion that there is no best Ezreal build, and every build is situational. I went normal ADC this game because I was stomping lane, we had a better late in general, and Ez and Varus both scale about as well, grabbing Warmogs because mildly fed Kassidin.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:41:55 PM by Raikaria »

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »
SK vs DB.   That Lux getting a straight-up double kill allowing for mid inhib and then catching both carries at the end to allow Darius to Flash->Apprehend->Dunk Contest.

Yadogari

• Hieda no Akyu of Shrinemaiden
  • Resident Jackass
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »
MIGHT AS WELL PUT MY NAME
Yadogari on NA, I'm usually screwing around in normals like a casual.

(warmogs needs a buff)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2013, 08:05:43 PM »
MIGHT AS WELL PUT MY NAME
Yadogari on NA, I'm usually screwing around in normals like a casual.

(warmogs needs a buff)

Yadogari?

Have I seen you before? That sounds familiar...

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »
Harrier I don't really count. It's like saying Headshot is a good steroid. It's not. [In fact this seems weaker than Headshot]

a steroid is a steroid, regardless of what criteria to make up to classify it

additionally it is stronger than headshot if my math is right.

I missed that Vulnerability, however, gives Atkspeed to Quinn as well as Valor. Howeverr, it seems like a max last skill, so it's only 20% for most of the game, and 40% at max rank. That's not exactly impressive.

lol really? you get proven wrong so you go "eh it still sucks" like that validates saying she doesn't have a steroid. really???

On a totally unrelated note; it seems contrary to what I keep telling myself, I can play ADC:

literally anyone can play ezreal. if you can hit a skillshot every now and then you are guaranteed to dominate lane. even if you position like a moron, it doesn't matter because of astral shift. the only difficult part about playing him is learning to exploit the astral shifting while cc'd bug, which is still a billion times easier on him than it is on everyone else who can exploit it

Then I check the Lux and the Varus' profiles and see that for some, unknowable reason, they are both Bronze I.

I'm Gold V. Everyone else in the game is Silver 1~2.

What is this Riot?

it's because your MMR is way below gold MMR, and their MMR is way above bronze MMR.

mmr mmr mmr mmr mmr

also i'd really try to dump that passive "i'm better than these players" attitude. someone's current rating is not necessarily an accurate rating of their skill