Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now IV - A New Hope  (Read 220951 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now IV - A New Hope
« Reply #990 on: September 24, 2013, 02:58:32 PM »
Hmm, I've got to the Diet Building and have finished the Third Kalpa, at about level 62. Is this perhaps a bit under-leveled?

I had no such problems with any boss after Matador .-.
I don't remember having any troubles with the Onis or the Sisters or anything.

I've fallen behind on Fiend hunting, I must say, so I wouldn't be able to recall who I've and I've not defeated.

Sahgren

« Reply #991 on: September 24, 2013, 07:52:30 PM »
I think that level 62 for the Diet Building is cutting it a little close, but you should be able to manage if you play it right. Though I can't really say much. I was level 70-something after beating the 5th Kalpa before I entered the Diet Buliding, so everything just rolled over and died.

Meeeh, it's more or less that I barely edged out Ongyo-ki and the Moirae sisters before railroading everything until Trumpeter, who plastered me so hard I dropped the game. After leaving it sidelined for years, the endings were spoiled to me,
Spoiler:
I didn't like any of the paths/Reasons outside of the Freedom one,
and just decided to leave it be.

I can understand that. The Trumpeter has a really aggravating mechanic. Unavoidable deaths are stupid, and he healed himself back up to full 3 times in a single fight against me.
Spoiler:
The only ending I really like is Freedom as well,
I'm just going for the True Devil ending because it's the hardest.

Edit: 1.5 hours in the fusion chamber just to get a mitama with Pierce, Rakukaja, and Prayer has taught me that Devil Survivor's system of choosing which skills to inherit from a list was just them fixing really bad game design. I honestly cannot think of any merit in making me sit there and reselect demons over and over just to get the skill combinations I want.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:01:45 PM by Sahgren »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #992 on: September 24, 2013, 10:26:56 PM »
So I kinda impulse bought Mario & Luigi Dream Team while I was out today

I kinda wish games like this, which are part of a long-running series that keeps core mechanics mostly intact, would offer a difficulty setting for veterans that starts things off actually feeling like they matter.  It's just so hard to get into these games for like the first ten hours for me because they feel so easy because I've done it all before... :/ (I mean it's still M&L so it's still entertaining but...)

unfortunately I also impulse bought a little too much and now have to wait until a few days after EOU comes out to actually have the money to buy it.  I am still sort of picking up and continuing my EO4 three-dancers challenge though.  Fighting
Spoiler:
Kibagami
was way, way easier than I ever expected for some reason.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #993 on: September 25, 2013, 12:59:15 AM »
Dream Team's NG+ tacks on a Hard Mode where essentially all incoming damage is multiplied by seven, death is death, and items are capped at 10 each .-.

98digger

• The Master of 9801
  • What? Windows? What's that?
    • The 98th Dimension
« Reply #994 on: September 27, 2013, 11:02:37 AM »
I'm playing the Genesis version of Street Fighter II: Championship Edition. The music is great, and I find the game to be very enjoyable, except for the four-star Sagat battle in Hyper Mode.

^Notice: I'm bad at writing replies :)    Also: Check out my personal site here: https://themasterof9801.neocities.org/

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #995 on: October 01, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »
ETRIAN ODYSSEY UNTOLD

[DYING INTENSIFIES]

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #996 on: October 01, 2013, 04:50:20 PM »
ETRIAN ODYSSEY UNTOLD

[DYING INTENSIFIES]
Add one more to the slaughter.

« Reply #997 on: October 02, 2013, 09:14:24 AM »
I've been playing Elsword recently; it's a pretty cool side-scrolling MMO, though PVP is full of sore losers (no matter what tactics you use, you're always a cable-pulling lagging spamming cheater who can't combo right) and the prices for some things in the market are kinda... really insane.
But yeah, other than that, it's neat.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #998 on: October 02, 2013, 04:11:47 PM »
I've been playing ALL of the main Pokemon games. I want to make a video showing all of the Champion battles. I only need to get All of the Gen 4 and Gen 5 champions now.
Also, who's gonna make the new Thread? This is post 998 and mods only allow threads to have 1000 max.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #999 on: October 02, 2013, 04:23:54 PM »
ETRIAN ODYSSEY UNTOLD

[DYING INTENSIFIES]
wow

so cartgorapher

such foe

wow

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #1000 on: October 02, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »
also we're done here

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson