Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 6 - now with 1200% more Nerf guns  (Read 227223 times)

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
Re: League of Legends Thread 6 - now with 1200% more Nerf guns
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »
Orianna is too offensive based to be played as an aura support champion? I'd imagine it's a viable build, but, what, it's just better to go AP Mage and kill things rather than sit back and be a support bot?

the only "support" thing on her kit is her e. and you don't see people playing support morgana(and not failing).

offense and defense a support does not make. a support needs to be able to enable their carry to farm while pressuring the other carry to not farm, and a support needs to be able to scale effectively without income. orianna's kit makes this impossible, as anything she does at the creep line will majorly push the lane and end up taking cs. orianna also needs ap to remain relevant throughout the game, so she requires farm. she's also sort of blue buff dependent, so running her support will likely leave you oom, even with philo.

I don't really know that much about support Orianna but she does seem like an even more finicky playstyle than her standard self.

basically she needs to be with a really hard scaling carry and hope her opponents let themselves get zoned by her ball placement instead of making her cast to get things done

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 06:23:02 PM »
If he steals an enemy Draven's axe, Draven says "Yoink" :V

"Welcome to the League of Draven" :getdown:

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »
Ok, just bought Orianna. Jeez, her spells feel like their range is crap, like worse than Annie's(though maybe that's because Annie's aren't skillshots. So far, I've gone against Teemo and Fizz, so range wasn't much of an issue, but I'd hate to deal with someone like Lux or Ahri. Thoughts?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »
Ok, just bought Orianna. Jeez, her spells feel like their range is crap, like worse than Annie's(though maybe that's because Annie's aren't skillshots. So far, I've gone against Teemo and Fizz, so range wasn't much of an issue, but I'd hate to deal with someone like Lux or Ahri. Thoughts?

orianna's q(and by extension her everything) has a range of 825, almost 200 higher than annie's range

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 08:48:16 PM »
I just realized I have never actually played a game with most of the people who post in this topic unless they go to #dots-meido on IRC.

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
  • The Main Character (Really!)
    • Blank
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 02:38:03 AM »
Generally I just wind up getting invited and not friend request others most of the time.

...Where's my game?

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 04:08:58 AM »
I played urgot first time today. So much damage, and he's pretty fun. His E + spam q combo is pretty useful, as well as with the W shield + slow, and then the very useful ult, which is good for when they're running away. I see why they're nerfing him now lol.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 07:08:59 AM »
Oh boy oh boy Ezreal buffs

too bad it's to one of his more useless spells mostly (unless AP Ezreal), so it's really only the reduced mana cost on his Ult D: (Not that he won't enjoy it anyway though)

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 09:46:28 AM »
Oh boy oh boy Ezreal buffs

too bad it's to one of his more useless spells mostly (unless AP Ezreal), so it's really only the reduced mana cost on his Ult D: (Not that he won't enjoy it anyway though)

the aspd buff/debuff on his w is pretty important for trading as ad ezreal so yeah

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 10:07:04 AM »
the aspd buff/debuff on his w is pretty important for trading as ad ezreal so yeah
Yeah fair enough, but it's not uncommon for AD Ezreal builds to completely ignore Essence Flux until they have maxed out the other spells, and by that point the Mana costs are (usually) less of an issue, since you're no longer focusing your poke damage on Mystic Shot constantly.

I use it all the time in Dominion though so yeah

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2012, 02:37:07 AM »
Man I shoulda bought Naut when he was on sale...

Oh man 1/22/7 masteries + 21 armor runes ftw

Tanky Sona es #1 1/0/18 hue hue hue never die

Tried max gp runes + standard 0/9/21 and holy crap squishy. Then I play passively, get pushed and basically have to play the role of a worse Soraka. This way I can trade better and troll more with Power Chords. The 10% tenacity of Juggernaut is especially nice. It makes me feel like a mini Irelia :V

It still needs more messing with but I generally like being tankier :V

Also man I always forget to pop Shurelyas. I should really buy it earlier so I get to use it more but hnnngg urge to keep GP items for as long as I can.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:39:07 AM by Suikama »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2012, 06:48:42 AM »
Shurelya's + speed song = trolololololol where do you think you're going master yi

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 07:02:18 AM »
that and locket I should really buy earlier

how much does aegis defend anyways, compared to the locket shield. I just realized locket gets me more HP and armor plus it has a shield while aegis is mostly Mr and woo 8 dmg

edit: oh wait no I don't get more HP cause I lose hog
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:06:00 AM by Suikama »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 09:15:54 AM »
Tried max gp runes + standard 0/9/21 and holy crap squishy.

gotta have bigger balls. played sona earlier today with 9/0/21 and bullied the shit out of my enemy. her auto range is SO FREAKING LONG for a support. had armor runes though--gp10 yellows suck in comparison

that and locket I should really buy earlier

how much does aegis defend anyways, compared to the locket shield. I just realized locket gets me more HP and armor plus it has a shield while aegis is mostly Mr and woo 8 dmg

edit: oh wait no I don't get more HP cause I lose hog

aegis defends your wallet by not sucking up a gp10 item

biggest mistake i see in low elo/bad supports make most frequently is upgrading their gp10 too early. oh you have shurelya's, but i have a stack of wards, aegis and zeke's to your one big item + boots/hog

and most of the time, they don't even need a shureyla's to do anything.

also don't underestimate the power of 8 damage when your carry has ie and you have aegis and the enemy is behind. it's not a lot by any stretch but it is incredibly handy and cheap. definitely won some fights because of aegis aura

also also you get +50 upgrading hog to locket. you never lose stats upgrading an item(unless you're madreds bloodrazor idr if they ever buffed that)

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 10:00:58 AM »
funny thing is I usually see 2400 pros go shureyas asap although I guess so that they can clear wards with oracles faster and have the team initate ability

also I totally forgot about 9/0/21 build. do you use mpen marks with it too or just go all armor?

and I meant I don't have more HP with just locket vs aegis+hog

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »
How often do you guys find yourselves going Locket? I almost never do, always going Randuins instead.

EDIT: omg guys I played with a shiny Pidg-Karma.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:34:43 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2012, 11:40:15 PM »
funny thing is I usually see 2400 pros go shureyas asap although I guess so that they can clear wards with oracles faster and have the team initate ability

also I totally forgot about 9/0/21 build. do you use mpen marks with it too or just go all armor?

and I meant I don't have more HP with just locket vs aegis+hog

good guaranteed initiation is really good at their level for the teamfights at dragon

however in normals and sub plat ranked you barely ever see those happen with any frequency and the speed boost isn't really needed. people tend to play more passively, so you get more bang for your buck stacking wards and getting offensive jungle sight.

also with all supports, i use armor reds. they don't scale well enough for any of the good red runes(mpen, arpen, ad, etc.) to actually remain useful, so armor just works better for what they need to do.

How often do you guys find yourselves going Locket? I almost never do, always going Randuins instead.

always go for locket. has an additional passive aura, which is nice, but more importantly, the tanky dps or the jungler almost always buys randiuns anyway. many tops and jungles buy hog, and they have the income to actually afford randuins whereas locket is a much more affordable option for a support.

as an example, normally i go philo -> hog -> boots 1 -> aegis -> zeke's -> locket -> shuryela's(of course i end up switching things around almost every match but this works best for the example). if i bought randuins instead of locket, i would probably not be able to afford shurelya's before the match ends

locket active will also win you teamfights by inching your carry alive through ap burst

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2012, 02:00:09 AM »
Oh man Nautlius seems so dominating right now. I really wish I didn't miss that sale :(

also Phreak has a beard lol what
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 02:10:07 AM by Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2012, 04:17:20 AM »
good guaranteed initiation is really good at their level for the teamfights at dragon

however in normals and sub plat ranked you barely ever see those happen with any frequency and the speed boost isn't really needed. people tend to play more passively, so you get more bang for your buck stacking wards and getting offensive jungle sight.

also with all supports, i use armor reds. they don't scale well enough for any of the good red runes(mpen, arpen, ad, etc.) to actually remain useful, so armor just works better for what they need to do.

always go for locket. has an additional passive aura, which is nice, but more importantly, the tanky dps or the jungler almost always buys randiuns anyway. many tops and jungles buy hog, and they have the income to actually afford randuins whereas locket is a much more affordable option for a support.

as an example, normally i go philo -> hog -> boots 1 -> aegis -> zeke's -> locket -> shuryela's(of course i end up switching things around almost every match but this works best for the example). if i bought randuins instead of locket, i would probably not be able to afford shurelya's before the match ends

locket active will also win you teamfights by inching your carry alive through ap burst

Hmm...what if no one else has Randuins? Is it still a good idea or is Locket still the better?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2012, 09:30:21 AM »
Hmm...what if no one else has Randuins? Is it still a good idea or is Locket still the better?
I'd suppose that depends on if you actually have the armor/MR?

The main reason it's usually taken by tanks or junglers is because they build a lot of defensive stats and so that kind of amplifies the biggest part of Randuin's?  Randuin's is also a lot more expensive.  So I guess this can depend a lot on what Support you're using and how they're building (Taric, for instance, has the ridiculous extra armor on Shatter, so Randuin's is an awesome choice for him)

'Course, if you know in advance that your allies won't take Randuin's, why not grab two Hearts of Gold early, and make both?

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2012, 09:43:11 AM »
'Course, if you know in advance that your allies won't take Randuin's, why not grab two Hearts of Gold early, and make both?

because the gp10 component doesn't stack

i'd still generally go for locket because i can actually afford it with everything else. however, if the enemy ad carry(or some aspd based champion like udyr) is a huge problem and there is no randiuns/frozen heart on my team, i would consider it.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2012, 12:28:17 PM »
oh shit how did I not notice it was a unique before

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2012, 06:21:10 PM »

i'd still generally go for locket because i can actually afford it with everything else. however, if the enemy ad carry(or some aspd based champion like udyr) is a huge problem and there is no randiuns/frozen heart on my team, i would consider it.

Hmm...that's another idea. Maybe go for Frozen Heart instead. When I think about it, the times I play support, I tend to go for that instead.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2012, 08:55:57 PM »
Hmm...that's another idea. Maybe go for Frozen Heart instead. When I think about it, the times I play support, I tend to go for that instead.

frozen heart is a bad buy on supports because they already cap cdr through masteries, shurelya's, and zeke's, as well as the item being ridiculously expensive and not building from a gp10 item. randiuns at least sort of works because none of the stats are truly wasted and it builds from hog

oh shit how did I not notice it was a unique before

yeah, they had to nerf that specifically because of jarvan building two philos and a hog on release, being absolutely unkillable in lane and rolling around in free money

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2012, 10:56:50 PM »
oh god froggen why are you so good at this game

oh man double ult Zhonyas OP

Now trying 1/15/14, going for all speed boost masteries where possible, especially since now everyone seems to start boots every little bit helps. Also lets me get the +2GP10 boost and Indomitable (-2 dmg on everything) for reducing minion and stray banana damage. I miss out on the 10% tenacity and 15% summoner cdr but the extra movespeed really helps poking/backing off. also gotta go fast
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:58:56 PM by Suikama »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2012, 01:56:24 AM »
so this is preeeeeetty much the best thing ever

man some of those lyrics I mean I wrote better ones "your base I'll be junking" really

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2012, 02:01:18 AM »
Man whenever I get oracles it feels like the enemy only has 2 wards while I have like 10 :V

Either that or I need to get better at ward clearing :derp:

Does oracles essentially turn your wards into pink wards or do you still need to be close to see enemy wards?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2012, 04:49:39 AM »
Man whenever I get oracles it feels like the enemy only has 2 wards while I have like 10 :V

Either that or I need to get better at ward clearing :derp:

Does oracles essentially turn your wards into pink wards or do you still need to be close to see enemy wards?

you have to actually approach the ward for it to be revealed

for wards in bushes, you have to actually enter the bush, even if it is already warded

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2012, 01:22:12 PM »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson