Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now III: Return Of The Protagonist  (Read 221355 times)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now III: Return Of The Protagonist
« Reply #990 on: August 02, 2012, 02:27:57 AM »
Just bought... Gimme a minute...

Steam Indie Pack V, price is $10 for another 21 hours, go the fuck and get it.
  • The Tiny Bang Story
  • Ys: The Oath in Felghana
  • Greed Corp
  • Audiosurf
  • Gemini Rue

Gundemonium Pack for $10, saving a total of $2 for the entire package
  • Hitogata Happa
  • GundeadLigne
  • Gundemonium Recollection

The Gundemonium Pack is a series of shmups (Hitogata Happa is Vertical, GundeadLigne and Gundemonium Recollection are Horizontal) with a graphical style and enemy set similar to Return to Jabberwock and Bunny Must Die, where the main mook running around was a jack-o-lantern in a varied color range.

Let me go over what others I've played

Audiosurf creates levels based on your music. Near-endless fun.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana is an action rpg that's very fun, the graphics are great, and well worth the fifteen dollars to buy it alone, let alone ten dollars to buy it with FOUR OTHER GAMES.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:51:31 AM by Ace »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #991 on: August 02, 2012, 03:36:19 AM »
The Gundemonium Pack is a series of shmups (Hitogata Happa is Vertical, GundeadLigne and Gundemonium Recollection are Horizontal) with a graphical style and enemy set similar to Return to Jabberwock and Bunny Must Die, where the main mook running around was a jack-o-lantern in a varied color range.
I'm pretty sure this isn't an accident, as I believe the Gundemonium games were made by the same company as Bunny Must Die?

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #992 on: August 02, 2012, 04:45:08 AM »
I'm pretty sure this isn't an accident, as I believe the Gundemonium games were made by the same company as Bunny Must Die?

I know. That's actually what I meant to say.

Speaking of which, fuck the shmup competition, I'm playing Ys for the rest of the summer. (Joking)
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #993 on: August 02, 2012, 07:48:56 AM »
I'm currently playing Reccetear and Aquaria, with a back burner of Civ 5 G&K, PoP Two Thrones, Hydrophobia Prophecy, Hitman Blood Money, and DDO.
I've beated Aquaria before, but it's been a while since then. The music is great; one of the reasons I started it again was one dungeon bgm in Recettear that sounded reminiscent of Aquaria.
I don't like all the clicking Aquaria makes you do though. I'm trying to make Autohotkey fix the problem, but it is not working properly.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #994 on: August 02, 2012, 04:40:35 PM »
Started Knights of the Old Republic.  Holy shit, that first boss was a pain.  He kept paralyzing and draining our health.  Also I think he kicked a couple of Stun Grenade back at us too.  After a few attempts, Bastilla and Mission seemed to work.  Throwing a boss like that at us at the beginning of the game is a pretty awesome way to force us to learn the combat.  Also; really, really mean.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #995 on: August 03, 2012, 09:05:55 AM »
Oh hey, it looks like the eXceed Collection is on Steam, in case anyone was interested in it but didn't get it earlier.

I've completed Ar tonelico Qoga, and I'm a bit disappointed with the final boss. The first part of it was a complete joke - it stopped doing anything for a minute or so, those bits it releases are easy as pie to force away, etc. (Both) MYUs were harder than this.

It probably would have been good to know earlier in Tactics A2 that one of the quests gets a Law Card good for cock-blocking Anti-Judge spells.

Not sure if I should finish up the rest of the stuff in Qoga, head for Motorstorm Apocalypse, go further in Neptunia mk 2, or more Sly Cooper.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #996 on: August 06, 2012, 12:16:01 AM »
Played about 1/3 of Amnesia with two friends. It was really fun :V

UsadaLettuce

• 8|
  • Heroic Lily
    • Roger Rabbit!
« Reply #997 on: August 06, 2012, 12:30:53 AM »
All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2 PSP

Still starting this game, unlocked Ryuki, Knight, OOO and W as of now so as Wizard via password.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #998 on: August 06, 2012, 08:47:36 AM »
Played about 1/3 of Amnesia with two friends. It was really fun :V
Give us a gameplay video NOW :V

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #999 on: August 06, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »
Give us a gameplay video NOW :V
When they left, one friend mentioned that we should've recorded. Sorry about that :U

Well, the funniest part, I might as well tell, was in the storage. Basically this happened.
Except after freaking out, I failed at closing the machine parts room's door and ended up wedging Daniel between the door and the wall. Unable to move and in a huge panic, I just decided to crouch and not look. We all thought we were goners (it was pretty bright. Thanks torch.), and awaited our death. But then nothing happened, and after this realization we started laughing at how pathetically we were managing to survive.
The monster was still there and we could hear it, but eventually it left and we made it out alive.

We only got as far as the elevator's machine room, so not much else happened besides that and the water part.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #1000 on: August 06, 2012, 06:20:48 PM »
When they left, one friend mentioned that we should've recorded. Sorry about that :U

Well, the funniest part, I might as well tell, was in the storage. Basically this happened.
Except after freaking out, I failed at closing the machine parts room's door and ended up wedging Daniel between the door and the wall. Unable to move and in a huge panic, I just decided to crouch and not look. We all thought we were goners (it was pretty bright. Thanks torch.), and awaited our death. But then nothing happened, and after this realization we started laughing at how pathetically we were managing to survive.
The monster was still there and we could hear it, but eventually it left and we made it out alive.

We only got as far as the elevator's machine room, so not much else happened besides that and the water part.
Welp
Spoiler:
Why don't you play it again from the start and record it again~