Author Topic: ALWAYS BET ON DUKE  (Read 7681 times)

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
Re: ALWAYS BET ON DUKE
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
This is awesome news.

But will it be able to top Duke nukem 3D? I mean does anyone remember the playstation and n64 duke nukem games? what N64 and playstation duke nukem games?
My copy of Duke Nukem 3D on my N64 still works...as with my other N64 games. Those cartridges are indestructible!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 08:50:14 PM »
It's Gearbox Software developping.  The guys behind Borderlands.

They deliver.

Yeah, a pile of shit.  Borderlands sucked :\

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Blackraptor

• Furniture
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 08:51:26 PM »
How could you not like Diablo+Guns?

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »

Too much hype, in my opinion.

I also have a special hatred for it since two guys mooched off of us for about a month and played it nonstop. :|

I do hope Duke's worth waiting these past ten-odd years, though...

dustyjo

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 10:55:03 PM »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2010, 10:56:01 PM »

sry ur rong

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 11:57:51 PM »
Borderland's weapon generator can end up with interesting results. I don't have the game, but I want to play it just to see the different weapons I can get.

Permission ta link on blog?
Sure, go ahead.

On the topic of Duke Nukem, they should release a trailer or something. You can barely see anything in the PAX footage.

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2010, 02:36:08 AM »
If you ignored multiplayer. Which I did.  :ohdear:

I'm also waiting for the inevitable delay for Duke Nukem Forever next year.

I wonder what the sequel to DNF will look like.
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2010, 03:20:01 AM »
Quote from: peoples
Borderlands sucked
Quote from: other peoples
lolno
I would love to comment, but the thing crashed so much I stopped playing it altogether. When it wasn't crashing at startup, it was crashing before the title screen, or when trying to load a game, or when trying to load a new area. I couldn't do anything after the first boss because it crashed so often. Same thing with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: 5 minute load time which could be dropped to 2 minutes following advice, then a high risk of crashing if you changed any settings or merely hit the escape key. What the heck.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2010, 03:47:23 AM »
I would love to comment, but the thing crashed so much I stopped playing it altogether. When it wasn't crashing at startup, it was crashing before the title screen, or when trying to load a game, or when trying to load a new area. I couldn't do anything after the first boss because it crashed so often. Same thing with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: 5 minute load time which could be dropped to 2 minutes following advice, then a high risk of crashing if you changed any settings or merely hit the escape key. What the heck.

Updating my video drivers helped stop the constant crashing in TF2 for me. Not sure if it will work for those games.

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2010, 03:49:46 AM »
Borderlands is good for mindless loot action.  If you are looking for good gameplay and/or a deep story, look elsewhere.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2010, 08:31:38 AM »
are you joking

No.  It was a terrible port full of consolitis and paired with the absolute worst matchmaking system ever.  The PC interface was absolutely appalling.  The end boss was a fucking copout as well.  That and having to fucking pay for basic features as a loot chest really ticked me off.

How could you not like Diablo+Guns?

Oh so on that vein Hellgate London was a masterpiece? :|  There's a lot more to a dungeon crawler/hack and slash than just random loots and billions of generic enemies.  Diablo/Diablo 2 had amazing mood and artwork  and music for the time, and the classes were genuinely unique and fun to tinker with.  And the online play wasn't total shit.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2010, 03:57:21 PM »
Haters gonna hate.

Blackraptor

• Furniture
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2010, 04:17:53 PM »
Oh so on that vein Hellgate London was a masterpiece? :|  There's a lot more to a dungeon crawler/hack and slash than just random loots and billions of generic enemies.  Diablo/Diablo 2 had amazing mood and artwork  and music for the time, and the classes were genuinely unique and fun to tinker with.  And the online play wasn't total shit.

*shrug*

I never said it was a masterpiece. I was just wondering why the hate for it since it was so much fun, especially on multiplayer with a bunch of your bros.

In any case, this isn't about Duke anymore so let's go back. Favorite Duke weapon anyone?

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2010, 05:05:18 PM »
I wonder what the sequel to DNF will look like.

Like the end of the world, because if we get two Duke titles within a reasonable amount of time of one-another, that'll be the end.

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 07:14:25 PM »
Favorite Duke weapon anyone?
The Mighty Foot. None other.

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2010, 03:16:19 AM »
My favorite Duke Weapon? Pipebombs and the Shrink Ray of course~! Oh and you can't beat the RPG~

Also as for Borderlands...the PC port may have been crap, but that doesn't mean the game as a whole sucked. It had it's issues, but what game doesn't? No game is perfect. Except for Duke Nukem Forever. It HAS to be perfect if we've waited so long for it. Seriously. If it's any less than fantastic, it'll be the end of the world D8
Thursday: Gordon keeps staring at Jennifer's thighs. Pervert. Pervert. Pervert.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2010, 03:20:17 AM »
Except for Duke Nukem Forever. It HAS to be perfect if we've waited so long for it. Seriously. If it's any less than fantastic, it'll be the end of the world D8

You're gonna be disappointed with expectations like those.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2010, 03:50:31 AM »
You're gonna be disappointed with expectations like those.
That maybe true, but I've bet a lot of games were going to be great, and they always have been~~

...then again, those were by really awesome developers...not saying Gearbox isn't but I'm sure it'll be fine. We don't even know how much of the game was finished before it was given to them. It could have almost been finished and just needs a few things done. ^.^
Thursday: Gordon keeps staring at Jennifer's thighs. Pervert. Pervert. Pervert.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2010, 03:57:07 AM »
That maybe true, but I've bet a lot of games were going to be great, and they always have been~~

...then again, those were by really awesome developers...not saying Gearbox isn't but I'm sure it'll be fine. We don't even know how much of the game was finished before it was given to them. It could have almost been finished and just needs a few things done. ^.^

Well the game was scrapped several times due to engine changes, so...

But anyway, I'm just saying that you shouldn't be expecting a perfect totally awesome game because you'll probably be disappointed. You should only really expect cheesy one-liners and shit exploding.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 05:34:01 AM »
You should only really expect cheesy one-liners and shit exploding.

That constitutes a prefect Duke Nukem game.

:flamingv:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:42:01 AM by Cadmas »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 06:50:50 AM »
No game is perfect. Except for Duke Nukem Forever. It HAS to be perfect if we've waited so long for it. Seriously. If it's any less than fantastic, it'll be the end of the world D8

I've already mentioned Chinese Democracy.  That took just as long as DNF to make, and it, um, sucked.  Horribly.  >.>

So, um, yeah.

Also best weapon is THE MIGHTY FOOT.  Anyone who says otherwise is lying. >.>
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2010, 06:02:21 PM »
Mighty foot + weapon 1 at the same time was the best weapon.

You cannot beat a man who can leavitate on steroids going faster than Linford Christie kicking everything to death with asyncronous kicks from both legs.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2010, 12:22:08 AM »
They made Half Life: Opposing Force. They ROCK.
I'll have to repeat this for emphasis.

They made Opposing Force. They rock.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Stitchpunk

• A Yoshi
  • Boom, ⑨-shot!
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2010, 08:03:49 PM »
Haters gonna hate.

And even if this game SOMEHOW blows (which I doubt it will, since I have no expectations anyway)

I'll still buy, and NEVER sell it.
Run n Jump

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2010, 06:39:26 AM »
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!