Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 520074 times)

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
I would bet you Texa$ that Tasofro had 0% control over which characters were chosen.
That would cost you quite a bit, then.

ZUN certainly can dictate which characters will not appear, but he won't make the fighting game on his own.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
That would cost you quite a bit, then.

ZUN certainly can dictate which characters will not appear, but he won't make the fighting game on his own.
"Aside from the more important issues, in Part 3 around 11', and a later part (which I couldn't find), ZUN also explained Tenshi's visual design. The original idea was for Tenshi's skirt to display a cloud pattern, which would be displayed as a separate image layer moving on its own in the game. In the end, the effect was not implemented in SWR, but later used on Utsuho's cape (we now have Miko and Sumireko in the cool cape club)."

No doubt there will be a cloud pattern now.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Those are all possible but none of them are related to GenoCraft's concern that I was addressing. :V
I was putting that out to put into perspective that if the latter two options become true, we still have a chance for one more character to be returning, which means there's still a chance of another returning character that isn't from the older fighting games. However, if the former is true, then that should be all of it until the game's release.

I don't think it'll be a soku 2.0 with no returning characters though, since, as you stated before, this isn't an expansion, it's treated as a brand new game (just expanding on ULiL's core fighting game mechanics).

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
I would bet you Texa$ that Tasofro had 0% control over which characters were chosen.
What I could get from the interviews in SCoOW Vol.2 is that Tasofro does influence in ZUN's decisions, at least a bit.

All of you need to remember, that Yukari never resolves problems, that can be resolved without her. This means, that here comes a really serious incident.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 04:55:56 PM by MrNoobomnenie »

PK

• Border of Whatever
I wonder if Yukari Urban Legend is the Bermuda Triangle. Stuff disappearing as if "spirited away" would fit her.
Then in her LW she drops a shit-ton of airplanes and ships on the opponent.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
She is her own Urban Legend. The urban legend of people disappearing without any trace or reason.:V

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
Milady is here; excellent, excellent.

I'm not too surprised by her presence, considering her own presence in (at least) one of LoLK's endings; and thinking about it like that, I'm surprised her reveal wasn't actually sooner instead!
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Another opportunity for a character that never got any development at all to finally get their due, lost.

Sick and tired of ZUN's bias towards older games. Doremy got my hopes up for some more characters from LOLK or DDC, but instead we get a character who literally had a game all to herself (SWR), which had done everything that could've been done with her. And a character that's been done to death already.

The only good thing I can see happening from this is Yukari interacting with the Buddhists and Taoists, but there's a low chance of that occurring.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

As much as I adore Tenshi, between her and Yukari, I have to say Yukari makes a lot more sense to return for this game than Tenshi. I'm personally a bit glad Yukari is back in playable form, though. I'm just curious on how different she'll play from the previous fighters, considering AoCF is Aerial based.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
As much as I adore Tenshi, between her and Yukari, I have to say Yukari makes a lot more sense to return for this game than Tenshi.
That might not be necessarily true ; say Kokoro's profile for example : her ability over emotions supposedly has some kind of relevance in regards to the incident : in other words, stuff that goes around the lines of emotions or the like may prove to be relevant. And who, besides Kokoro, seems to have some ability that is related to that kind of stuff ? Tenshi, with her sword of Hisou which does some rather hard-to-explain things to the spirit and temperament. Depending of how relevant that emotion related thing mentionned in Kokoro's profile turns out to be, Tenshi's ability alone would make her a rather pertinent choice for the game's roster. Like, maybe there'd be some aspects of the incident that would be best explored with Tenshi.

While it is wholly possible for Tenshi to be the Shinmyoumaru for AoCF, in the sense where the part she plays in the story will be purely filler or overall minor in the incident, it is also more than possible for her to play a major role, although there's hardly anything at hand to suggest which direction things could go at this point in time.

Not saying Yukari's choice is inopportune or anything, just that there is a fairly valid reason for Tenshi to be in this game.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:47:01 PM by Suspicious person »

I really hope she doesn't get turned into a side character. Compared to the Lunar Capital, the rest of the afterlife, or Gensokyo itself, Heaven's one of the most underdeveloped "political" bodies in the series, imo. I would be absolutely thrilled to learn more about ZUN's interpretation of Heaven, and this is a great opportuity to show off more.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Sick and tired of ZUN's bias towards older games.
Because LoLK and HSiLS also had a lot of returning boss characters, right? Like Lily White and... uh...

AndyPyro

• Dangerous Stranger
  • Hi Hey Hello Hai Hola
Having Yukari come back threw me off a bit, but not a lot.
Since Tenshi was a surprise, and I pretty much expected older characters to come back at this point.

I do want to see how well she plays, though.  What kind of attacks she'll use, and if the train comes back.
I do also want to see how she ties into the story in general.  I can imagine that it's pretty major to have her come back. 
Especially considering that I believe she said that she wasn't going to get involved with the urban legends?  (Citation needed)

Drake

That's because urban legends generally seem to be good for Gensokyo's ecosystem. Even if this incident started through an urban legend, it's clearly something else now that potentially requires her intervention.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
New mainline games consist of almost all, if not all new characters for bosses - with the sole exception of PoFV, and a few bosses/midboss showings here and there. So pointing to LoLK and HSiFS makes little, if any sense.

That said, while there is some bias for certain members of the cast as far as PC slots go - nobody past MoF has ever been playable in any of the mainline shooters, with the closest we've gotten being a sidegame starring Seija. The fighters are really the only chance we have for diversity in that regard (or another phantasmagoria but that doesn't seem to be in the cards), so it's understandable why people might be disappointed if what are seen as 'limited' slots are re-used on characters we've already seen as playable before.

Considering DDC was all about characters that are normally not aggressive (but became aggressive through an incident) and LoLK's entire cast is basically characters that would normally never be in Gensokyo in the first place, I'd say it's an accomplishment to get even one character from each of those games :v (The same goes for SA and Koishi, too)

Come on guys, we all know the real reason we haven't gotten a new PC in so long. ZUN just hates making player sprites. That's why he's been using the same ones since PoFV.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

By "bias towards older games" I mean in terms of reappearence, which ofc only pertains to fighting games and mangas. Main line games don't count as ZUN always introduces new characters there. I'm annoyed at his constant misuse of characters, and Doremy being the only one not previously featured in a game other than her debut is a huge disappointment. Reisen, Tenshi, Yukari give the impression that ZUN doesn't have much interest in his newer creations. Its boggling why he even bothers creating 7 new characters every year if they aren't going to be used at all.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

icon has changed

A broken bowl? That?s a strange symbol for the new bosses...

Looks like Shinmyoumaru wasnt careful

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
icon has changed

Time to fire up google search guys  :V

Drake

By "bias towards older games" I mean in terms of reappearence, which ofc only pertains to fighting games and mangas. Main line games don't count as ZUN always introduces new characters there. I'm annoyed at his constant misuse of characters, and Doremy being the only one not previously featured in a game other than her debut is a huge disappointment. Reisen, Tenshi, Yukari give the impression that ZUN doesn't have much interest in his newer creations. Its boggling why he even bothers creating 7 new characters every year if they aren't going to be used at all.
Which characters are we talking about though? You must mean at least 14 and on, but if you're talking about 16, reminder that this game was already delayed quite a bit and is set before the Four Seasons Incident. Meanwhile everyone in 14 was featured in ISC, unless you don't want to count that. So do you just mean 15? Which would be fair, and Doremy is only one character, but your complaint makes it seem like you think there's a big swathe of characters that haven't shown up outside of their original appearance. Plus Clownpiece is at the center of VFiS and Heca shows up as well.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
more arranges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IsDxGmm4xQ
Hoo boy.  I'm so looking forward to purchasing the soundtrack.
Spoiler:
What the hell was that, Doremy...  You're scaring me

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
I guess that's all the default characters.  All that's left are the two new girls?

And why not Necrofantasia?!

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Hmmm...looking at the video more, I can't help but wonder if the order in which the arranges appear is relevant somehow...hinting at the story mode teams, maybe...?  :wat: (might be overthinking tho, lol)
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Hoo boy.  I'm so looking forward to purchasing the soundtrack.
Spoiler:
What the hell was that, Doremy...  You're scaring me

Her urban legend, I guess?...Is it a "android dreaming of electric sleep" reference?

Also, I does hear her jazz arrange before, but...when this Tenshi get this classy? Is she intending to become a classy btch?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 09:23:18 AM by andykhang »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
lol, Tokyo Active NEETs already put up the full version on their channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8At3fqoMDc