Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 520042 times)

PK

• Border of Whatever
Best hag is back!

Could it be that we misunderstood the statement saying the new characters would actually be new to the fighters?

Also, unless they actually went for 20 characters and filled the empty space in the middle, there should be only one slot left, meaning there aren't two new characters and the cover is lying. Or the final bosses are always paired with themselves and share the same slot.

Tangentially related, looking at the cover again it made me thing of Reimu and Marisa, although with some missing/weird parts as is they were made of smoke or something.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:33:26 AM by PK »

Drake

Could it be that we misunderstood the statement saying the new characters would actually be new to the fighters?
I don't even know what the source was to fact-check. Somebody mentioned it in regards to Tenshi but all I remember is people suddenly saying this was the case.

In any case this is great. Been starved for appearances. It's also funny that Yukari could be a Slave at all.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:39:44 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

I distinctly remember reading something about it in an interview or an afterword. I think ZUN said, like, he wanted  to focus on characters that had yet to make an appearance in fighters. But on the flip side, I think that was back for ULiL, or maybe even HM.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
W-Wow indeed, I mean, with Tenshi, thinking about the possibility of there being OTHER returnee characters should've been obvious, but still, I was honestly NOT thinking around these lines  :o I kinda expected to either have someone from either Youkai mountain or hopefully the Moon ; but it's Yukari so okay I guess. The things she gets herself involved into are usually noteworthy. Like, usually, she tend to get involved whenever some foreign force comes into play, with the notable exceptions of ULiL and LoLK. Is this just her way of "cleaning up" the aftermath of these incidents or is she dealing with something completely different, like the real thing behind the perfect possession incident ? ULiL's extra stage ending has it that some people make use of the opportunity provided by this incident to visit places that are normally not accessible to them. Could that be of some relevance or not at all ? Anyway, her being here is speculation fuel as to what the plot could be. And considering how her reasoning can be when it comes to getting involved (ULiL, LoLK, and FS), making a guess might be a tad risky.

Looking forward to her first serious interaction with Mamizou, Sumireko (especially Sumireko (but like ESPECIALLY Sumireko)), probably Tenshi, and her fellow Sage Kasen  :3 Also Trains. She better come back with that gorgeous, sexy train spell card. Ain't nothing more satisfying than smiting your enemies with trains.

Anyway, with this we currently have 18 confirmed characters, right ? Either the magic of Christmas is a real thing and we magically get 20 characters, or it turns out that the blue silhouette is actually based off one of Yukari's portraits and there is actually just only one new character this time, and some people's holidays expectations gets ruined :V
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:55:21 AM by Suspicious person »

PK

• Border of Whatever
I don't even know what the source was to fact-check. Somebody mentioned it in regards to Tenshi but all I remember is people suddenly saying this was the case.

https://twitter.com/aaaaari35/status/807983252438822913

Which was reported here
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,20471.msg1302955.html#msg1302955

Going by the picture it seems ZUN said it during the game's announcement.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
My three favorite Touhou characters are now in the same game.
This is the best Christmas present.

And with this, it's 3 people in a row in which I never expect them coming...did I just have low expectation in general? Also, Yukari of all people is involve, so the pattern get all jumble up.

Also, what would be her Urban Legend? My guess is The New World Order.

Drake

https://twitter.com/aaaaari35/status/807983252438822913

Which was reported here
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,20471.msg1302955.html#msg1302955

Going by the picture it seems ZUN said it during the game's announcement.
So exactly; this quote never said all new characters won't have been playable before, it says there is a character that hasn't been playable before, which is Doremy. Or rather, the context of the quote seems to be that they were talking about a new character, and Unabara said they can't reveal much but will say that they haven't been playable before.

Sedrife didn't even make the mistake reporting this, it was whoever else spreading it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:42:57 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Well...right now there's something you know for sure though...If Yukari is involve...may god have mercy on the newhus.

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
OMFG YUKAR-BAEEEE YES
normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
I'm even more interested to see where the story will go and what kind of character interactions we'll get with her added into the mix.

I just really, really hope she won't be here to give us a repeat of the conclusion of CiLR and FS. Just... anything but that please.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
Now that Yukari was announced I'm honestly scared of the game not having any new characters. Having Doremy sounds nice, but this is starting to look like a Hisoutensoku 2.0...

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
SWR is literally the only fighter to introduce more than one new character (and it only introduced two). Don't let your fears get the best of you just yet.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Well...right now there's something you know for sure though...If Yukari is involve...may god have mercy on the newhus.
New characters end up being more powerful than her.
 :P

And at least it's not Hecatia they're up against.

Best hag is back!

Also, unless they actually went for 20 characters and filled the empty space in the middle, there should be only one slot left, meaning there aren't two new characters and the cover is lying. Or the final bosses are always paired with themselves and share the same slot.

Tangentially related, looking at the cover again it made me thing of Reimu and Marisa, although with some missing/weird parts as is they were made of smoke or something.
Or new slots appear when you unlock them.

It's not even guarantee that being stronger would help you escape Yukari's mercy though. If she plan someone to pay, they will pay her, and they will fear her. Her power is in manipulating power, afterall.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
It's not even guarantee that being stronger would help you escape Yukari's mercy though. If she plan someone to pay, they will pay her, and they will fear her. Her power is in manipulating power, afterall.
This better not turn into another power level debate.

It's not, and I hope we will not let it be so.

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
do you guys think they're gonna add any more characters after yukari (besides the final boss)? or was she last one
normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
SWR is literally the only fighter to introduce more than one new character (and it only introduced two). Don't let your fears get the best of you just yet.
I meant I'm worried about not having even one new character.

PK

• Border of Whatever

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
That's addressing the rumour they'd choose characters based on how little exposure they've had.
"That was a lie, wanting to put characters other than the previous playables... This time, nostalgic characters were also chosen."
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

Ouch...that's going to tank the hype train abit. Wonder why they would do so though...

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
I meant I'm worried about not having even one new character.

You needn't worry about that. This isn't a silly pseudo-expansion like 12.3, it's a brand new serious game.

Wonder why they would do so though...

I would bet you Texa$ that Tasofro had 0% control over which characters were chosen.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
Um, ULiL technically did on account of it being Kasen's first proper appearance in a game.  You don't have to worry about lacking newcomers, anyway. That's kind of the point of new games.
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

You needn't worry about that. This isn't a silly pseudo-expansion like 12.3, it's a brand new serious game.

I would bet you Texa$ that Tasofro had 0% control over which characters were chosen.

All the more reason they wouldn't do that nilly willy. They're not dumb, knowing full-well that tanking a hype train is a risky move to take (though not that much in the long run if it's a one-time thing)...Well, judging from the respond, it kinda work? But I don't know is it what they're planning for ultimately.

Pretty disappointed in all honesty, I like Yukari as much as anyone else but I'd have loved some new faces - more alike Doremy, you know? Atleast her art looks fitting and I might be forced to refund AoCF if one of Yukari's card isnt the train.

I also really hope the story wont end up as the classic Yukari pops out of nowhere and goes "actually it was me, it was me all along"

So, we've only got one character left, right? That one being the final Boss/es.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
That's addressing the rumour they'd choose characters based on how little exposure they've had.
"That was a lie, wanting to put characters other than the previous playables... This time, nostalgic characters were also chosen."
Please be a little more thorough so misconceptions don't get spread.

"We said we wanted to make more than just previously playable characters but that was a lie, which of course isn't the case yet we went with nostalgic characters. We want to do the best we can in giving them a modern makeover, but we have to keep fine-tuning the balance!"

Wait, so this time, Yukari and Tenshi could be OP as heck?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

While true, I think the basis is that since this game involves tag-based mechanics, it's more likely the villian comes in a pair. However, how the brand new character(s) will be handled could be one of the following:

- Two new characters. This is what everyone is expecting (and hoping for) in terms of story, as the incident could be the work of a new pair since people think it's unlikely any of these characters would be involved with them.

- Only one new character. A possibility, in which the troublemaker is either possessing one of the other characters, or she's working together with one of them. I think with Yukari being involved, this has gotten a bit more likely considering her own nature of things...

- Two characters, but treated as one. This was something I saw people bring up in the HM/ULiL discord, where it can be two new characters, but both attached to one slot. So if you pick this character in versus, you can't choose a partner as these two are stuck together. To be honest I think this is unlikely since this could cause problems in terms of balancing, but it could also be interesting if this was the case...

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Those are all possible but none of them are related to GenoCraft's concern that I was addressing. :V
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.