Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 520114 times)

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Is December release confirmed?  I wanna see a new girl before the end of this year.

...I thought the game wouldn't release until next year or something? Releasing this year would be repeating the Kokoro incident again.

Edit:...Yup, too early. Just check, and version 0.023 is releashed just recently, about 2 week ago.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:24:13 PM by andykhang »

Drake

We talked just last page about how they plan to release for C93.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Where the news? Also isn't that too early, again? Thought they plan it on early 2018

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
That was the Steam release. But ZUN confirmed during a special Touhou Station broadcast on Nicovideo last week that it'd be released at Comiket.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
Is that a Youkai Mountain? I wonder who is associated with the stage if that's the case...Momiji? Kanako?

EDIT: Wonder if the Cracked Floor at the Shrine and Outside World are still playable stages. If not, this could be Kasen's new stage.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:42:30 PM by Shadowlupus »

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Kinda inclined to believe Momiji's gonna be in this game, tbh. Like, we'd get Momiji and she could have ninja gorillas as her urban legend, and she get Nitori as her partner. I mean, wouldn't it be fitting, for two of the residents of the place that is practically another different country in Gensokyo to come around, both of them with completely foreign urban legends ? Seems like something that could work. Dunno what criteria is going to be followed when it comes to partners, but that seems okay-ish to me. Pretty looking stage btw.

But any rate, with this, we can kinda expect youkai mountain to potentially be of some relevance in the story (assuming that's youkai mountain, that is) or something ? The Urban Legends part of ULiL's incident seemed like it spanned all over Gensokyo, but we actually never got to see how it impacted Youkai Mountain overall (excluding the Kappas, cuz they ain't exactly the society type). It's reading a bit too much from just a single picture but, hey, new bits of info always mean speculation, that's how it is.

Also can't really tell anything with the silhouette with all the everything on top of it and- wait, is that a dragon ? That thing in blue over there ? Anyway, gotta wait for a "cleaner" silhouette before commenting on it.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.

Clear look at the cover. Seems to be two characters this time.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
The character in blue ... she seems to have some kind of wavy looking thing where her feets should be ... maybe she's a ghost or something similar ?! Usually, when you hear "possession", it's usually in stories or rumors related to ghosts or some kind of spiteful spirit. I can totally imagine the "perfect possession" thingy being related to a ghost. Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnndaaaaa trying to make some kind of speculation on no solid ground whatsoever, but imo it would be VERY dumb if whoever is the big bad this time caused an incident (perfect possession) that would be key to her downfall (in the sense where the big bad is supposed to be someone who would require to be teamed on). I can totally see the "perfect possession" thingy NOT being what is going to be the threat this time (if I go by the assumption where there's gonna be two newhus). Like, something else is going on, and the perfect possession incident is not the most important thing.

Dunno what to say about that suspicious person in orange though, but I must say, she looks kinda edgy

Kinda gratuitous, but then again, it's that time of the year where speculations fall from the sky
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 06:25:02 PM by Suspicious person »

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
The character in blue ... she seems to have some kind of wavy looking thing where her feets should be ... maybe she's a ghost or something similar ?!
MIMA CONFIRMED

PK

• Border of Whatever
There's a dragon on the cover.
ULiL's cover had outside world on it, and we ended visiting it :V

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Momizi didn't even get ratings in SCoOW 4 or an appearance in any HM backgrounds. She's not gonna suddenly pop up as a playable character in this game. >_>

Those Reisen/Miko team and Kasen/Miko team screenshots give me life.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

How weird, the orange sillouette looks so much like Reimu to me.   Ribbon, puffy sleeves, medium-length skirt.  I think even the pose looks like something she'd do.

I wonder if the mastermind is trying to make an anti-Reimu or something!

Marron

• Ordinary crow
Am I the only one that find the orange shadow strongly looks similar to Suika ? It reminds me of her horn(with her ribbon on it) and her bottle.

Am I the only one that find the orange shadow strongly looks similar to Suika ? It reminds me of her horn(with her ribbon on it) and her bottle.
Come to think of it it does.
Je pense, donc je suis.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
HMMMMMM After an INTENSE session of eye-squinting, I've kinda decided that blue person might suddenly not be a ghost but just someone who is crossing her legs, midair, and that the wavy thing on her might just be her hair or some weird thing. Still can't think of anything for orange person tho, so I'll pretend that the previous thing about ghosts or evil spirits applies to her  :X Really have no idea of what to make about everything around her head ...

Anyway, for the story, if the "villain who requires to be teamed up" premise gets followed through for the full game, then it would be rather inappropriate that the person we're supposed to gang up against has a partner of her own. It might be possible that whoever is gonna be the final boss will be by their lonesome, while the player gets to have a team. Personally, I'm rather uncertain about the assumption where all the opponents you'll fight against in story mode are gonna have a team or something ... ESPECIALLY the one you're supposed to team up against. Rather, wouldn't it be more appropriate to expect the newhus (but not just them tho) to be the final bosses of different routes ? Dunno if the newhus are actually going to team up or not (like, there is no reason why any of them shouldn't be able to go with Reimu for example), but if they do, it probably should be in their own story mode route.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:45:59 PM by Suspicious person »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Cutout of the silhouettes by @sou_swampert

Blue, left/bottom
Orange, right/up

If it's a villain that needs to be teamed up against to defeat, then what if those two characters are actually the same person?

Suika and Yuugi (in a sake-drinking sitting position), maybe?

Though I don't think Suika would be used as a final boss a second time.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
If it's a villain that needs to be teamed up against to defeat, then what if those two characters are actually the same person?
Then my wish for a character with split personality may come true!

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So this went under the radar a bit but

Steam version will be released on January 5th.

Comiket version and Steam version can cross-play with each other

Is that a Youkai Mountain? I wonder who is associated with the stage if that's the case...Momiji? Kanako?

EDIT: Wonder if the Cracked Floor at the Shrine and Outside World are still playable stages. If not, this could be Kasen's new stage.

My guess is that the Cracked Shrine is no longer a stage and Youkai Mountain is Kasen's stage. You'll note that Doremy is fighting Kasen there.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
How weird, the orange sillouette looks so much like Reimu to me.   Ribbon, puffy sleeves, medium-length skirt.  I think even the pose looks like something she'd do.

I wonder if the mastermind is trying to make an anti-Reimu or something!

If you remember the Reimu-with-a-ghost-tail image I linked to in a previous post, that might be what the above silhouette is also referencing.
That said, I wonder what species will the newhu be?
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Yeah, the top one looks an awful lot like Reimu to me, and the bottom looks a lot like Marisa now that I can see it by itself. Actually, the bottom one also kind of looks like Toyohime....

I thought for some reason we were only getting a roster of 19 this time around. If there are indeed two new bosses, either I got my information wrong or there's going to be some weird team shenanigans going on.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Hm...one of them being ghost would make so much sense for me though, since I does speculate earlier that whoever the newhus is, one of them must be able to control or affect spirits of anykind since only Miko and Reimu seems to know that someone is behind this.

Also high on the chance that the newhus are twin, but that easier to guess. 

Drake

I thought for some reason we were only getting a roster of 19 this time around. If there are indeed two new bosses, either I got my information wrong or there's going to be some weird team shenanigans going on.
Where did you get the idea it would be more just because there are two bosses there, though? You're thinking about a few pages back when the character select revealed there were 19, but there are four spots for new characters so this doesn't change anything.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

I'm not assuming there will be more. But if we get 19 characters and there are two incident causers, then that means there will be 17 incident resolvers. In a game with a partner system.

At first I assumed that there would be 1 final boss, leaving 9 teams for story mode. But if there are indeed 2 final bosses (or a final boss and a penultimate boss or whatever), then that means.... 8 teams of 2 and a team of 1? Interchangeable teams for story mode? 3 new characters, with one being the penultimate and 2 being the final bosses? Or are we actually getting more than 19? That's where I was going with that.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:49:35 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

The two silhouettes might be the same character, that can form a team by herself, and in versus mode, you may be able to chose between her two " forms " to chose which one to use as a partner, maybe.

PK

• Border of Whatever
Maybe there are 2 different teams for each character? One with the character as master and a second one as slave.
Like, Reimu's story has Marisa as slave, Marisa's story has Byakuren as slave, Byakuren's has Miko, Etc etc. So the uneven number shouldn't matter.