Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 519807 times)

It's okay, we're all impure mortals in the eyes of something.  And aside from it's being a joke, the next title is Antinomy of Common Flower, and an Antinomy usually used to point out that there's no such thing as an absolute.

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
Aight one more idea
Nue: Area 51
pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy
wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Drake

Nue already has the urban legend of the bull's head, although it was extinguished by Reimu.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
Nue already has the urban legend of the bull's head, although it was extinguished by Reimu.
But, that would fit keine?
And i think you mean the Cow Head story??

Edit:
Ok here's another one
Parsee: Inokashira Park Curse (or any other curse story)
Suika(?): Cursed Kleenex Commercial ( i don't know, i heard the commercial had a oni)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:15:31 AM by Helepolis »

Drake

But, that would fit keine?
And i think you mean the Cow Head story??
You're just looking stuff up on wikipedia lol. It's the same thing. Read Forbidden Scrollery 30+31.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
You're just looking stuff up on wikipedia lol.

Lmao no i looked it up on a urban legend site :^))) i only look stuff on wikipedia to do a scientific(tm) research

ok just for one more
like uhh
u h h h
hhhh

daruma-san will be,,,,
like uhh
the uhh

Seiga??? don't ask me she was the first thing that came to my mind--
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:16:02 AM by Helepolis »

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
ok just for one more
like uhh
u h h h
hhhh

daruma-san will be,,,,
like uhh
the uhh

Seiga??? don't ask me she was the first thing that came to my mind--

Daruma-san isn't even an urban legend... *facepalm* You're not putting any effort in your posts, are you?

Also, can you write in normal text size? Some people strain their eyes just to read your tiny texts.

Guys, how about Jack The Ripper? That guy is a mystery, and has been for many years, and still is today. He's so infamous, nearly every country in the modern world knows about him, including Japan. Seems very fitting as Sakuya's occult, even though I gave it to Yumeko in one of my topics.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:46:19 AM by Lt Colonel Summers »
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Daruma-san isn't even an urban legend... *facepalm* You're not putting any effort in your posts, are you?

Also, can you write in normal text size? Some people strain their eyes just to read your tiny texts.

Guys, how about Jack The Ripper? That guy is a mystery, and has been for many years, and still is today. He's so infamous, nearly every country in the modern world knows about him, including Japan. Seems very fitting as Sakuya's occult, even though I gave it to Yumeko in one of my topics.

Except Jack the Ripper isn't an urban legend, but an actual person.  It's just that people don't know his true identity and what happened to him in the end.

Though considering how Futo and Kasen's urban legends are actually horror stories, I wouldn't be surprised if he still gets counted.

And please, Nebulae, use larger font size!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 05:16:17 AM by game2011 »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Except Jack the Ripper isn't an urban legend, but an actual person.  It's just that people don't know his true identity and what happened to him in the end.
One could argue that the legends surrounding Jack the Ripper are what elevates him to urban legend status.

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck

You could say that without being rude, yeah? im not the best at this kind of stuff, y'know.
by the way..i'm talking about the daruma-san ritual, which IS a urban legend.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:34:39 AM by Nebulae--Addict »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
A small reminder to everyone in this topic:
- Please stay nice, heated debates are fine as long as you don't get personal
- Avoid double/triple/etc-posting. Please use the edit button
- Format your posts normal please, unless formatting serves a purpose (like joking, highlighting, etc). Using hip colours, fontsizes or font-types to post regular only makes it harder to read for everyone. I am not going to police on this, but I expect people to use common sense.

Aight, carry on.  :]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:17:33 AM by Helepolis »

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
I just realized the daruma-san ritual could fit mima, which is never going to appear haha, because evil ghosts n' stuff.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:42:21 PM by Nebulae--Addict »

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
;) :* ! A Merry,Holy Christmas and Life to you all ! :* ;)
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2016, 08:09:15 PM »
I figured it out! it's all Tewi!

beware though, this ultimate fool proof theory is quite heavy on spoiler tag

You see where i'm going? Tewi use the power of Bamboo Forest of the Lost!
With some tweak, she make an individual "lost sight" of where their "being" was supposed to be.
The "lost individual" then unconsciously attempt to find a way to go back into their "being", the "gate".
The tweaked power of Bamboo Forest of the Lost, again, messess with the "lost individual", leading them to the wrong "gate", the "gate" that are belong to another "lost individual".
And by doing the same thing to another individual, the two "lost individual" swapped "being".........

Of course it's not Tewi power alone, she use an urban legend from outside world, a power, an urban legend, that Tewi received from her secret long time acquaintance who had collected them on hidden agenda,
Spoiler:
Yukarin Yakumon
, and THAT urban legend IS
Spoiler:
Gensokyo
, which at it's core is the Law of Idle and Balance.
Out of that, Tewi make concept of Equal Exchange, or something like that, a concept which is acceptable to the Law of Idle & Balance. Channelling that concept to the basic principle of Bamboo Forest of the Lost, resulting Equality of Exchange "Between the Lost Being".......(im not savvy at these reference based Spellcard Name, so it came out dull, sorry)
Tewi got herself an "getting in the nerve of everyone" inaba. almost. ultimate. troll. tool. MkII..........

And of course this is all just Tewi
Spoiler:
experimental stage of "getting in the nerve of the moon" operations......

Perfect Possession is merely a code for
Spoiler:
Tewi attempt to "perfect" her "possession" on the power

Spoiler:
Lunatic arc are yet to over......
EDIT! [CHRISTmas Title! my Reply is Lenghty and Detailed so you can read piece by piece if you are so inclined,Thanks!] ->"This story is about those who keep watch on Perfect Possession, those who exploit it, those unwittingly dragged into it, and those working to expose the threat behind it...
Those who have made the mistake of seeing themselves as the strongest duo. This is a bittersweet story about them" A strange phenomenon called "Perfect Possession" is taking place. A phenomenon where one is taken over by a completely different person, not only in mind, but also in body. But have no worry: Reimu is already on her way to investigate the cause behind its occurrence...<-https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers

"The strongest duo have joined forces."
"Something bad may be in store for us humans."
"An opponent impossible to defeat by anybody alone?"
Sure thing We will be seeing and be having a good time thanks to ZUN/Twilight Frontier more joined Collab holding our patience and imagination to an extent to avoid iring or burning out. our just side of Speculation Fuel careful either not to irk or  burn out. Story-wise the fighters are improving in depth and intrigue,span of arc although the STG still  bear future Development and Potential almost always even when Zun stated Touhou is not that story-based(opposed to Visual Novel trend from JP-Asia) in https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Strange_Creators_of_Outer_World/Legacy_of_Lunatic_Kingdom_interview_with_ZUN .Yours indeed  Intriguing regarding "Swapping and Gate of the Being" but too much complicated forTH  Story-Layout in a non visual Novel/Manga Style...Yet you might be on to Some Good Potential with  Tewi and the Youkai Earth Rabbits but also other factions(>>Please enjoy Reading Forbidden Scrollery from around vol.33 and Above and Wild Horned Hermit at the end of Tankobon/Volume 6 and Up<<).Earth Rabbit is kind-of Reisen  Confirmed8from IN,Cage of Lunatic Runagate to FS) more loyal to Lunarian Eientei than Tewi and co.(not that they are disloyal but with"their own agenda")  .Food for thought on the roster and relations to this "antinomy Urban Legend"(as pointed out here before) https://www.britannica.com/topic/antinomy :re-imagined in TH style during ULiL-LoLk Arc might point out to the appearance of seemingly forced to cope or gain,etc. in the incident ."Sweet" because there is an overwhelming competition and continuos complementing each other as "Strong Duos"bitter because this is a succor for the mastermind and any  "interloper" and particular ending  (Reimu/Marisa and Kasen/Mamizou Mokou and...Kaguya?Or..Wriggle??? ). Four categories ,more if we consider a likely Big Truth Reveal at the End, for this Incident...We can kind-of sort out various teams or duos with these hints tossing in new,promised or not, and renewed characters...An Occult Rumour taking shape through fear in the Villagers Heart through Occult Balls Misuse as a New source of power with the Gates being the Characters of ULiL...
New "Youkai in a Broad sense" coming into existence or  power-hungry one or a Transformation;those who were vulnerable and  and inexperienced enough  with "a Sort of Ghost Haunting The User Known or Unknown to her".  :getdown: The Game Features AND Core Mechanics must deal with Antinomy, Perfect Possession  Common Flowers- Such Themes such InklingsBeing specific,speculative specificeh:"Fixed Duos in every mode" but many different through a customization through various "(Im)Perfect Possession on a Tightrope Equilibrium depending on the one using,on the  circumstances ,on what kind of preparation (New Urban Legend  Technique?)". That is only the general Gist,mind you.A wider array of "Switching Duo while fighting" or "Select Duo Switch Combo Before the Fight Starts" is Feasible...Perphaps instead or Fixed or Free-For-All Duos there is a Choice for the Formation Duo among along a Criteria  with some more being unlockable.  :getdown: In the end we are going to see more in order to  learn more while learning morein order  to see more..Thanks :) for reading and sharing,Thanks to Zun(a cheer for his Family  :D!) and the Tasofro Team.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:34:04 AM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
sorry if i'm doing something wrong, but so when do you guys think any pictures or trailers or gameplay or the like will come out?

as for the release date, i was thinking maybe late june/early july 2017 :0
yawn...

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
I have to wonder...

It has always been the fact of the series that, Shooting or fighting game, the final boss is always a new face (Shoot The Bullet, Double Spoiler and Impossible Spell Cards are exceptions due to being neither genre).
So taking that into account, why do everyone still assume, in WMGs about upcoming games, that the final boss is going to be a previous character, despite all of the games having new faces as final bosses?
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

TenPlates

• Trying Not To Miss One Plate!
  • Still In Practice!
Why do everyone still assume, in WMGs about upcoming games, that the final boss is going to be a previous character, despite all of the games having new faces as final bosses?

That's pretty simple: Because they want a specifical past character to reappear. Examples; Mima, Yorihime, Toyohime.
Basically, old characters that don't have apparition in any Touhou Modern Game (Shooting or Fighting). And sometimes, characters that they like and haven't appeared in a main or fighting Touhou game (Yuuka comes in mind).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:35:27 AM by TenPlates »
"Having a normal life in Gensokyo."

I have to wonder...

It has always been the fact of the series that, Shooting or fighting game, the final boss is always a new face (Shoot The Bullet, Double Spoiler and Impossible Spell Cards are exceptions due to being neither genre).
So taking that into account, why do everyone still assume, in WMGs about upcoming games, that the final boss is going to be a previous character, despite all of the games having new faces as final bosses?

People are probably thinking about Hisoutensoku, which didn't introduce any new character as final boss, unless you count the fish.

game2011

• mineiptXD
People are probably thinking about Hisoutensoku, which didn't introduce any new character as final boss, unless you count the fish.
The giant catfish, even if not playable.

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
The giant catfish, even if not playable.
...https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Giant_Catfish
Spoiler:
this Guy's master's https ://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Taisui_Xingjun is still Undefeated according to Meiling's Dream
( Dream Souls  https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Doremy_Sweet by the lore of LoLK and WaaH give more substance to the encounter)... Sorry but there are two more Acting Final Bosses in HST  https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Goliath_Doll (made a Final Boss by Alice ) and https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Suwako_Moriya 
Spoiler:
the latter being one in Sanae's Route but Playable , we are able to trace her own little Story Mode  through Sanae's Last Stage,Ending plus Suwako's VS Scripts
. Perphaps a version of the Final boss , later unlockable in a "story player version "is going to be NPC-Only according to the Villagers' Fearful Rumors of not needing to form a Duo while at the Peak of Power and Experimenting ?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:39:23 AM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
now this might be very unrelated but???
i had a dream where Aya, Sakuya, Sanae, and Youmu were playables in AoCF??

And they had a finishing attack with Reimu, Marisa, and Reisen where they would wear glasses and shoot at you???

game2011

• mineiptXD
...https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Giant_Catfish
Spoiler:
this Guy's master's https ://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Taisui_Xingjun is still Undefeated according to Meiling's Dream
( Dream Souls  https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Doremy_Sweet by the lore of LoLK and WaaH give more substance to the encounter)... Sorry but there are two more Acting Final Bosses in HST  https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Goliath_Doll (made a Final Boss by Alice ) and https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Suwako_Moriya 
Spoiler:
the latter being one in Sanae's Route but Playable , we are able to trace her own little Story Mode  through Sanae's Last Stage,Ending plus Suwako's VS Scripts
. Perphaps a version of the Final boss , later unlockable in a "story player version "is going to be NPC-Only according to the Villagers' Fearful Rumors of not needing to form a Duo while at the Peak of Power and Experimenting ?
Don't get what you're trying to say...

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
[CHRISTmas Title!  Lenghty and Detailed so you can read piece by piece if you are so inclined,Thanks!] ->"This story is about those who keep watch on Perfect Possession, those who exploit it, those unwittingly dragged into it, and those working to expose the threat behind it...
Those who have made the mistake of se.............................................................
*I snip the quote since it's long......it's on same page anyway......*

Though i failed to properly get a grip on what you're meaning to say, i appreciate your expression toward my post and my rather stupid but undeniably awesome theory because it's made by me. Really, unlike some others here who lack sense of humor and just lame..........
But one thing i'm sure about what to reply is, yeah, at least for the mangas (including Forbidden Scrollery & Wild and Horned Hermit of course) i have read them up to the recent chapter for each title barring the untranslated chapters. But it's not like i would be able to accurately recall every specific remark in there to pick for clue for next game.

Regardless of what is done, you indeed took it very well, after all, great minds think alike. You and i both are among the few who will not be taken by the unsuspecting threat clad in black.
==========================================

As for the rest of you, you have failed to swallow the measly word of a humble man which could have a probability to be actualized as an alteration toward the prearranged prophecy.
Especially you Wind Priest, not only you have failed to valuate the sign of a potential lead that was presented upon you, but your self had also placed faith to the word and act of an pseudo animated delineation substance that you are supposed to fear. The pseudo animated delineation substance, apparition, just like their fondness for traversing the lands of the livings in it's sunless phase, they also fond of charming and misleading the child of adam and eve with their word and act disguised under the shady sunlight of the night, moon.
Wind Priest, and every one of you, rethought and reshape your way of the wind, not only as a priest, but also as animated substance who bestow faith toward deities and project fear to the apparitions. Apparition word and apparent act are not made to be faithful toward the wellbeing of us humans.
=====
====

*return to speak normally*
admittedly, mine is not the "best grammar" out there, i still got comment saying my english needs work on occasion, i'm aware thank you very much, don't make fun of me please.
And since i can't actually put my finger on what Branneg Xy-san trying to deliver, i just decided to made up some pointless nonsense that looks cool and definitely not annoying.
at least i'm not someone who brag about their fondness toward buckets in a glorious manner

TBH, his comment look like someone forgot to press the Enter key...

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
now this might be very unrelated but???
i had a dream where Aya, Sakuya, Sanae, and Youmu were playables in AoCF??

And they had a finishing attack with Reimu, Marisa, and Reisen where they would wear glasses and shoot at you???

huh... that's really interesting! let's keep that in mind tew see which parts of it come true !  :3
yawn...

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
huh... that's really interesting! let's keep that in mind tew see which parts of it come true !  :3

I want to see those characters actually!!

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
So, this game is going to put emphasis on characters that were never being playable in a fighting game before. (Or even if I'm wrong, these characters never appeared in a fighting spin-off).
So, I decided to make a quick list for everybody. Especially if you have trouble reminding yourself of names. I also excluded canon characters with poor to no fighting abilities (ex.: fairies (except Clownpiece), Kosuzu, Rinnosuke...) or characters that never meant to be anything (ie. Daiyousei, Koakuma, etc.)

Rumia
Flandre Scarlet
Letty Whiterock
Chen
Lyrica Prismriver
Lunasa Prismriver
Merlin Prismriver
Ran Yakumo
Wriggle Nightbug
Mystia Lorelei
Keine Kamishirawawa
Tewi Inaba
Eirin Yagokoro
Kaguya Houraisen
Medecine Melancholy
Yuuka Kazami
Eiki Shiki
Shizuha Aki
Minoriko Aki
Hina Kagiyama
Momiji Inubashiri
Sanae Kochiya
Kanako Yasaka
Suwako Moriya
Kisume
Yamame Kurodani
Parsee Mizuhashi
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Satori Komeiji
Rin Kaenbyou
Utsuho Reiuji
Nazrin
Kogasa Tatara
Minamitsu Murasa
Shou Toramaru
Nue Houjuu
Hatate Himekaidou
Kyouko Kasodani
Yoshika Miyako
Seiga Kaku
Soga no Tojiko
Sekibanki
Kagerou Imaizumi
Benben Tsukumo
Yatsuhashi Tsukumo
Seija Kijin
Raiko Horikawa
Seiran
Ringo
Doremy Sweet
Sagume Kishin
Clownpiece
Junko
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Watatsuki no Toyohime
Watatsuki no Yorihime

Yuugi never appeared as a playable character in a fighting game. Let that sink in.
Also, I consider Clowpiece strong enough as a fairy to be worth playing. Cirno isn't though.

Feel free to let me know if I made a mistake (I'm sure I made one somewhere).

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
Sanae, Suwako and Okuu were in Soku. Other than that, wasn't Clownpiece power due to the fact she was empowered with Junko power? Unless she still is, I bet she is as strong as other fairies, maybe more. That is not me implying I don't want her on the fighters, on the contrary. Just wondering
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

PK

• Border of Whatever
I wonder if the "strongest two" thing will create teams based on compatibility between abilities or similar traits, rather than actually being the strongest?
Also, maybe one of the characters in the team is just a supporter like Sanae's assists in Soku, the abilties in SA, or the familiars in IN? This would give ZUN and Tasofro the chance to use any character without having to make all of them fully playable, except giving them some dialogue.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Hmm, that's possible. There could be a list of playable characters and a list of assists, instead of outright tag team.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

game2011

• mineiptXD
Sanae, Suwako and Okuu were in Soku. Other than that, wasn't Clownpiece power due to the fact she was empowered with Junko power? Unless she still is, I bet she is as strong as other fairies, maybe more. That is not me implying I don't want her on the fighters, on the contrary. Just wondering
I'm sure it was said she's the strongest of all the fairies in the series.  Given the place she comes from, it makes sense.