Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 520055 times)

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
Since AoCF will use the urban legend system, The new playable characters will of course, have a urban legend.
We should think about that too.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:24:02 AM by Nebulae--Addict »
pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy
wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Come on, aside from her racism, it's not like she's that bad of a person. Decent by our standard if she wasn't filled with hatred against us.

ZUN literally said "Hecatia is stronger than anyone in Gensokyo or the Lunar Capital". The only reason we can beat her in extra is because she and Junko had already given up- she was just playing around.

He forgot the main rule danmaku? "If it won't hit, it's nothing to worry about!" (с)

Okay, maybe she doesn't deserve to die. But I'd be pretty annoyed if she continued to act like a smug bitch and got no punishment for it at all. She and her sister are already pretty annoying Mary Sues. What they don't need to be even more Sueish.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
Spoiler:
Bakatsukis haet so stronk, basically the guy hate anything that hadn't been beaten up by the hakurei shrine maiden. though everyone is smug in a way.

TenPlates

• Trying Not To Miss One Plate!
  • Still In Practice!
If there are more characters in the game, and if they can still use Urban Legends. Then, there are a lot of characters that could fit them perfectly fine.

Minamitsu Murasa: The Bermuda Triangle.
Clownpiece: The Clown Statue.
Seiga Kaku: Teke Teke.
Yoshika Miyako: Fast Food Restaurants Urban Legends.
Hecatia Lapislazuli: The Jersey Devil.
Kaguya Houraisan: The Moon Landing Hoax.
Nazrin: Rat Dog.

I'm just giving examples.

Since AoCF will use the urban legend system, The new playable characters will have of course, have a urban legend.
We should think about that too.

Well, maybe an Urban Legend that have to do with possessions or disappearances? Though, I don't know about a single one that had to do with flowers and possessions at the same time...

The only Lunarian I would see getting involved is Sagume, but only because she is partly the origin of the whole urban legend thing, so she would get dragged into this unwittingly.

Well, don't know if Hecatia or Junko are possible to be playable in this game. But the other ones, I think they have a possibility to be in this game too.
We still don't know if
Spoiler:
Seiran and Ringo are out of Gensokyo. After all, Seiran is probably in trouble for saying to Reimu about the base and Ringo prefer to live in Gensokyo than in the moon. Maybe they can be part of this incident by accident?
Clownpiece is still on Gensokyo too. Maybe Hecatia said to her that she need to resolve or investigate this incident?
Don't know if Doremi Sweet can go out of the Dream World, but if she can, then maybe she can go to Gensokyo because the incident have something to do with dreams? Maybe in search of Usami Sumireko?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:33:15 AM by TenPlates »
"Having a normal life in Gensokyo."

Well, if anything, I guess the new boss this time is either a Divine Spirit (that Miko expertive), control Spirit, or being a Kotodama master in general (like Konoha in Yozakura quartet, but way, way better), or any combination above. And the third one make more sense, since :a. She could used that to control what people said and create rumor, b. She's using the double pun between Tsuki (Moon, AKA the occult ball) and Tsuki (possession) like a word master do and c. Only Reimu and Miko could know her, since they could listen to the spirit.

Drake

Can't really do that when it was literally the plot of LoLK.

We still don't know if
Spoiler:
Seiran and Ringo are out of Gensokyo.
They stayed. They're in the endings.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

TenPlates

• Still In Practice!
Can't really do that when it was literally the plot of LoLK.
But that doesn't mean that she can't use it, right?
Well, if she can't, then maybe she can use the Mars Hoax/Two Moons? Or maybe The Black Knight Satellite?

Well, that's great! I really liked Seiran and Ringo. Actually, I liked every character in LoLK... But I liked Seiran and Ringo more

Well, they could potentially become a Duo themselve (Team Moon rabbit or something), and then do the two moon hoax. They pretty much didn't involve much with the moon itself, so they could still be in the plot.

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
If there are more characters in the game, and if they can still use Urban Legends. Then, there are a lot of characters that could fit them perfectly fine.

I'm just giving examples.

Alice could have Annabelle as her urban legend,  or the okiku doll, because dolls n' stuff.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 08:30:50 AM by Nebulae--Addict »

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier

How about the Roswell Crash? Or the Philadelphia Experiment? Or Project MK-Ultra?

Also, the possessing thing has a striking similarity to the Agents' body-surfing in the Matrix movies. Because the movie is what I thought when I saw what the incident in AOCF is.
Perhaps the plot will be a Whole Plot Reference to The Matrix, and that the final boss will be an Agent Smith wannabe?
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

I don't really think so, but perhap the boss would used some similar Urban Legend. Don't know what it is though

TenPlates

• Still In Practice!
How about the Roswell Crash? Or the Philadelphia Experiment? Or Project MK-Ultra?

Roswell Crash sound more like it could be Nue Houjuu Urban Legend. And the Philadelphia Experiment sound more like it could be Seiran Urban Legend, mostly because her ability and the Legend being war related. But the Project MK-Ultra sounds really great and final boss like. Like how Usami Sumireko Urban Legend is The End Of The World
Spoiler:
or Doppelg?nger

I though about some more Urban Legends:
Sakuya Izayoi: John Titor.
Sekibanki: The Headless Horseman.
Cirno: Famous People Cryogenization.
Kanako or Suwako: Sewer Gators.
Doremi Sweet: The Russian Sleep Experiment.
Komachi Onozuka: The Grim Reaper.
Rin Satsuki: Kidney Theft. (Edit: Sorry, I confused the names:  Rin Kaenbyou is the one that should have the Urban Legend, not Rin Satsuki)

Wow, there are a LOT of Urban Legends... Could be fun to find one by one Urban Legends that can fit all of the Touhou characters.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:16:24 PM by TenPlates »

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
Perhaps the plot will be a Whole Plot Reference to The Matrix, and that the final boss will be an Agent Smith wannabe?
So wearing a suit, sunglasses and calling everyone by their surname?

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Funny how Nue is associated with aliens and space, even though she's a completely Earth-based creature with no relation to those things.

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
Here are my ideas for the urban legends of some characters
Sagume: Tomino's Hell
Youmu: Doppelg?nger
Yuyuko: Kokkuri-san
Sanae: School ghost stories, possibly Glad you didnt turn on the lights?
Wriggle: Mothman
Nue: Area 51
Kagerou  or Momiji: Jinmenken
Parsee: Inokashira Park Curse (or any other curse story)
Suika(?): Cursed Kleenex Commercial ( i don't know, i heard the commercial had a oni)
That's all i got for now.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 01:50:52 PM by Nebulae--Addict »

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan

They were on the Legacy Miss endings, right?
I mean, according to ZUN only Pointdevice/No Miss endings are the true 'canon' ones.

Although you can never really tell what's canon and what's not in the game as "everything happens at the same time".

It's worth remembering that characters like Yuyuko, Sakuya, and Komachi are unlikely to show up, since ZUN said he wanted to focus on characters that weren't in previous fighters a while ago during the ULiL release.

It's ALSO worth pointing out that the majority of urban legends in the game are japanese, or otherwise extremely general (Men in Black, sponntaneous human combustion, etc.). I totally can't see ZUN giving characters things like the Roswell incident or kidney stealing unless he has a really good reason (perhaps on Hecatia or Clowniece?)
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Drake

They were on the Legacy Miss endings, right?
I mean, according to ZUN only Pointdevice/No Miss endings are the true 'canon' ones.

Although you can never really tell what's canon and what's not in the game as "everything happens at the same time".
Reisen-Miss explicitly continues into the Extra stage, so disregarding Miss endings outright is strange. If that isn't good enough reasoning, then the common "UFO MarisaB is the canon route" argument is also invalid; but if all of the endings in that game are valid, then why say some endings in this one aren't? Because ZUN talked about No-Miss being canon? Because he said that about UFO MarisaB too. Checkmate??

Personally I think that it's demonstrable across so many of the games that no one route is "canon" and that each (good) ending yields something of value that often continues into future works, so I find all of this "which routes are canon" business a silly waste of time.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:50:03 PM by Drake »

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Roswell Crash sound more like it could be Nue Houjuu Urban Legend. And the Philadelphia Experiment sound more like it could be Seiran Urban Legend, mostly because her ability and the Legend being war related. But the Project MK-Ultra sounds really great and final boss like. Like how Usami Sumireko Urban Legend is The End Of The World
Spoiler:
or Doppelg?nger

I though about some more Urban Legends:
Sakuya Izayoi: John Titor.
Sekibanki: The Headless Horseman.
Cirno: Famous People Cryogenization.
Kanako or Suwako: Sewer Gators.
Doremi Sweet: The Russian Sleep Experiment.
Komachi Onozuka: The Grim Reaper.
Rin Satsuki: Kidney Theft.

Wow, there are a LOT of Urban Legends... Could be fun to find one by one Urban Legends that can fit all of the Touhou characters.
I don't think the headless horseman and the grim reaper are urban legends, but more of horror story "celebrities."

But then, Futo and Kasen's are based on horror stories rather than actual urban legends...

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Personally I think that it's demonstrable across so many of the games that no one route is "canon" and that each (good) ending yields something of value that often continues into future works, so I find all of this "which routes are canon" business a silly waste of time.

And I agree with that, don't know why your post sounds so rude.
I was just shedding some light on the Seiran/Ringo case, never wanted to start any sort of "what's canon and what's not" debate. Even ZUN makes jokes around this.

Was this topic really that discussed on older forum posts?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:35:36 PM by Plubio »

Drake

Just clarifying I knew you agreed and wasn't trying to argue at you at all lol, I just quoted for context

UTW

Well, maybe an Urban Legend that have to do with possessions or disappearances? Though, I don't know about a single one that had to do with flowers and possessions at the same time...

Maybe zombies? As in the classic zombie of Haitian or Louisiana voodoo origin. The origins of which are thought to be a type of "possession" brought on by temporary paralyzation, suggestion or hypnotism and such through medicines from flowers like Datura stramonium which cause amnesia. And there have been plenty of myths about villagers who disappear or are thought to be dead only to show up later.

It's sort of stepping on Seiga and Yoshika's toes, but maybe being a westernized necromancer voodoo type would make them distinct from Seiga. Could even just use Seiga herself. Or have it lead to Damballa, as long as ZUN is encompassing more world myth.

Sanae: School ghost stories, possibly Glad you didnt turn on the lights?

I like to think Sanae has/is her own urban legend on the outside. Find a generic disappeared schoolgirl urban legend to use...but wait, it's revealed to be about Sanae.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
Rin Satsuki: Kidney Theft.

First off, what's the urban legend behind "Kidney Theft"? Second, what does that have to do with Rin Satsuki?

Also, if "tsuki" is the pun here...

Rin Satsuki confirmed as final boss?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

TenPlates

• Still In Practice!
First off, what's the urban legend behind "Kidney Theft"? Second, what does that have to do with Rin Satsuki?

Also, if "tsuki" is the pun here...

Rin Satsuki confirmed as final boss?

Oops! Sorry, wrong Rin! I mean Rin Kaenbyou. I kinda have a problem with the surnames of those two. Why didn't anybody tell me until now?

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
I like to think Sanae has/is her own urban legend on the outside.

ooo i like this
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:16:12 PM by Nebulae--Addict »

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
I figured it out! it's all Tewi!

beware though, this ultimate fool proof theory is quite heavy on spoiler tag

You see where i'm going? Tewi use the power of Bamboo Forest of the Lost!
With some tweak, she make an individual "lost sight" of where their "being" was supposed to be.
The "lost individual" then unconsciously attempt to find a way to go back into their "being", the "gate".
The tweaked power of Bamboo Forest of the Lost, again, messess with the "lost individual", leading them to the wrong "gate", the "gate" that are belong to another "lost individual".
And by doing the same thing to another individual, the two "lost individual" swapped "being".........

Of course it's not Tewi power alone, she use an urban legend from outside world, a power, an urban legend, that Tewi received from her secret long time acquaintance who had collected them on hidden agenda,
Spoiler:
Yukarin Yakumon
, and THAT urban legend IS
Spoiler:
Gensokyo
, which at it's core is the Law of Idle and Balance.
Out of that, Tewi make concept of Equal Exchange, or something like that, a concept which is acceptable to the Law of Idle & Balance. Channelling that concept to the basic principle of Bamboo Forest of the Lost, resulting Equality of Exchange "Between the Lost Being".......(im not savvy at these reference based Spellcard Name, so it came out dull, sorry)
Tewi got herself an "getting in the nerve of everyone" inaba. almost. ultimate. troll. tool. MkII..........

And of course this is all just Tewi
Spoiler:
experimental stage of "getting in the nerve of the moon" operations......

Perfect Possession is merely a code for
Spoiler:
Tewi attempt to "perfect" her "possession" on the power

Spoiler:
Lunatic arc are yet to over......

Oookay, one question though... why? She's already live a thousand year (Million if you count the White Hare of Inaba), without anything stopping her way, and she's smart enough not to mess with the moon nilly willy. She's the type that would contend with the present and follow the nature order, so why would she mess everything up for her and her kin for that?

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
Foolish impure mortals! the answer lies within that question itself!
Bratty as she maybe, she already lived so long, enough to wisely recognize who her enemy, her threat. She had attained enough intelligence to preserve her kin current state of peacefulness without being a total sinner as a beings who live in Gensokyo, that is, sparking "Incidents". By poking the idleness of current balance of existence, while bearing the name of her kin, youkai rabbit of earth, she will free her kin from the sin of "not-contributing to the great flow of fear & faith", solidifying their place in the "Foundation of Gensoukyo".

You are right, she will without a doubt at the end will be messed up. The great Hakurei Shrine Maiden will definitely mess her up. But that is just a common fragment to the great flow of fear & faith. As the very essence that make the Foundation of Gensokyo, will remain true to it's absoluteness (though i never mention something about it being absolute before), Law of Idle & Balance, will re-establish them to their former state of idle & balance, peace. One incident are merely another common trigerring force that help preserve the perfect spinning wheel of fantasy in stable & constant motion yet again once more.

quite a bullshit
to be honest, my initial idea was different, but as i tend to easily forgotten what i was about to type, it just somehow ended up like this, so i thought "well".......

p.s. that "impure" part rather rude, i apologize