Author Topic: [Art Request] Gather for the Mascots of MotK! {End on July, 31st}  (Read 11951 times)

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Come one, come all; from every area of MotK! Come feast your eyes on the historical story of the Mascots of MotK!

On the 11th of June, 2011, a contest was held to design a personification of the Servers of MotK. They were :

• Triela, the forum's main server
  • Henrietta, MotK's game-server
  • Angelica, TSO's very own test server

The contest saw many artists gather to create their version of the characters, and in the end, they were given life!

But that wasn't the end of it. On September the 15th, 2011, it was time to give them a character sheet each; expanding the characters out that little bit more. Whilst this was successful as well, the resulting sheets were never talked about again... and in time, people began to forget all about it.

Until now.

For you see, today is the 17th of July. And on this day, TSO has no idea that something like this is about to happen... until she stumbles into the thread of course. :V

And we are going to give her as big of a surprise as we can; by bringing these back and seeing how many of you are willing to take part in this very special art request. You can do whatever you want! Have all three in one picture, just draw 1 of them, have them fighting, have them doing any activity (nothing NSFW, people), dress them in their main attires, dress them in attires that match their personality and/or base colour, vertical pictures, horizontal pictures, banners, 4komas, anything you can think of! There is no end to it.

I know the Weekly Art Social is currently in its voting phase, and will likely kick back up once they have got a 'winner' declared; hence why I'm labelling this as a request. If someone wants to go 'hey, let's have this as the weekly thing' then I won't shoo them away. But take this as me asking you all if you would like to draw the 3 mascots; and not me forcing it on you. ^^

The character sheets that Formless did are on the September link (towards the bottom), and each of the threads have descriptions about the characters in general, if you desire more information about them. We'll make things easier for you by providing the sheets on this post; thanks to Sakana. This will likely go on for a week anyway; Actually, it'll be running until the 31st of July due to needed extensions. Purvis, being Purvis, has hinted at a possible treat or two; so take that for what you will.  :derp:

Triela

Henrietta

Angelica

2 years she has waited... we all have... I think it's time to treat not just her, but the rest of MotK as well.
Because I just know... this is a project we can all be proud of.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: [Art Request] Gather for the Mascots of MotK!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 12:45:55 AM »
HEY ART FONDLERS!

Whomever submits the picture I like the most gets a free code for Capsized on Steam.

Make me proud.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 01:41:44 AM »
Sounds like fun. Count me in!

Just FYI, the way Guilty Alice works - if another art event comes up, it'll pause. So after the winner's declared, we'll go on hiatus until this ends.
That being said, does this have an end date?

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 06:37:43 AM »
Sounds like fun. Count me in!

Just FYI, the way Guilty Alice works - if another art event comes up, it'll pause. So after the winner's declared, we'll go on hiatus until this ends.

weird i thought the GA participants got to decide whether they were fine with postpones due to other art events but
Spoiler:
considering you're turning out to be the winner and has the say for the week's theme
okay  :derp:

e: i can't access this one the other two work fine
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:48:12 AM by pasu »

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 12:44:18 PM »
the way Guilty Alice works - if another art event comes up, it'll pause. So after the winner's declared, we'll go on hiatus until this ends.

I'd say the 24th (next Wednesday) to keep in with the whole weekly thing. If an extend is needed, then the 27th would be put up. But ideally, 7 days is the norm around here. ^^

Also, many thanks for that. Didn't mean to trouble anyone by putting this alongside the social.

i can't access this one the other two work fine

I've just tried to go to it, and the page says 'we're working on thawing this poor guy (the frog) out.' So yeah, I'll keep you updated.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 06:53:30 PM »
weird i thought the GA participants got to decide whether they were fine with postpones due to other art events but
Spoiler:
considering you're turning out to be the winner and has the say for the week's theme
okay  :derp:
eurrgh I didn't put it in the rules
Since Freeze-Ex's contest was in the middle of the round, I just used a super extend instead, but yeah GA is supposed to pause for pretty much any art event
The first time I asked if people were okay with it, I was talking about the pausing rule as a whole. I could've done better with the wording, I guess :/

Also, many thanks for that. Didn't mean to trouble anyone by putting this alongside the social.
No trouble at all! We have GA every week anyway.
I intended for GA to be a low priority thing, just for people to, you know, art together as leisure or something. Keep those drawing hands from getting stiff?

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 08:26:22 AM »
The issue that pasu reported has now been fixed. There is a new link for Number 2 (Henrietta), so you should be able to look at all 3 on that post.

Hope to see some glorious art from as many of you as possible~ XD

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 09:41:27 AM »
Why don't we make things easy for people:

Triela

Henrietta

Angelica

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 09:43:04 AM »
This is exciting! Shall I sticky?

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »

You can sticky it if you want to. I mean, you rule over the place; so if you feel like it'll benefit it, then go ahead. ^^

Formless God

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 08:42:55 AM »

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 09:52:05 PM »
As a healthy reminder to all... this is still taking going on.

And I do hope some of you end up coming along and posting your art in here. It would be nice, and I know some people will be very happy to see this.
Also, thank you Formless. XD

KrackoCloud

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 11:51:27 PM »
I forgot about this!! I'm gonna have to submit something after the deadline.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 02:16:59 AM »
You may want to extend the deadline. Experience has taught me that people paradoxically become busier during summer holidays and that art has a tendency to be more a school time thing.

btw unstickied to allow ease of bumping. Also expect something from me either by end of today or tomorrow.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 07:59:27 AM »
The bright summer sun shone down upon a picture of landscaping perfection, a beautiful garden boasting horticultural excellence and floral colours as radiant as the sun, all but a preamble to the small, cozy cottage hugging the little stream sparkling under the sunlight. Little did the world know that this idyllic picture of a home was refuge to one Angelica....well, the world except for the two bits of it known as Henrietta and Triela, self-proclaimed (on both accounts) best friends of Angelica's. And that day the two had taken upon themselves to make use of this exclusive knowledge and pay their unilateral friend a social call. This being, Gensokyo, they had partaken in that oldest of Touhou traditions and invited themselves unannounced.

"Ne, ne, this place is so beautiful! I wanna take it home!" Henrietta chipped excitedly as she cast her gaze across the beautiful ravine the little garden overlooked.

"I'm not carrying it for you again." Triela warned, leading the way up to the front porch, "Remember that time you found that mountain cute? I carried it home only for you to tell me to drag it back cause you forgot you didn't have any room for it at home."

"Tehehe...." Henrietta giggled sheepishly.

"Now, anybody home?" Triela wondered out loud as she raised a hand to knock on the door.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 08:11:06 AM »
"...Sun. interrupting my testing. So rude. One of these days. Ah. But. Too hot. Too lazy." A little voice mumbled, trailing along sedately behind a big mound of books. The little figure padded out of the shadows to reveal itself as a creature resembling a petite girl, if girls routinely sport flaming red eyes that stood out against deathly pale skin. "Mph....you win today, rude sun thing. But tomorrow I shall have retribution. Now. However. I shall have sleep...." she nodded to herself. But just as she was about to climb into her cot in the corner an even ruder explosion rocked her house and upturned everything, including her and her cot. "Huuu! I wasn't ready, rude sun thing! No fair!" She protested to the world at large.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 08:19:45 AM »
The poor little girl looked up, expecting an offended sun to stride into her house. Instead she found a massive hole where her front door once stood, streaming in bright sunlight, as well as allowing in two little bright rays of sunshine of a different kind entirely. She gasped. She gritted her teeth. She cursed herself for not having built armour into her walls, or, better, moving out further, like, to the moon.

"Whoa.....I knocked and a hole opened up in the wall." The taller of the two imbeciles that plagued her otherwise perfect  life opened its mouth.

"As expected of Angelica." The smaller one nodded sagely, "Her house is full of cool futuristic feature things!"

"I'll give your heads a cool futuristic feature thing...." Angelica muttered to herself. ,

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 08:28:37 AM »
"So... what have you two imbeciles invaded my otherwise impeccably perfect life for?" Angelica demanded.

"....I don't remember...." Triela said, "why are we bothering with  seeing you?" She asked Angelica.

"Don't ask me that!" Angelica cried.

"Oh okay." Triela nodded. "Henrietta why are we bothering with seeing this pipsqqueak?"

Angelica could only facepalm in obvious frustration.

"Because......" Henrietta thought hard, "oh, right. i remember. It was no reason at all." She giggled.

"Go home you!" Angelica could only let out a wail of despair.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:47:52 PM by Gappy »

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 07:23:25 PM »
Ah, looks like I ran out of time to do my other idea. But please accept this drawing of  Koa and Angelica with a few extra lines added in. (Sorry)  :ohdear:
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 07:36:46 PM »
You may want to extend the deadline.

I did say that an extension would be available if people needed it. Providing people can get things in before August will be happy for me, as I have a panel at Aya to be sorting out... in August. ^^

And thanks that, Gappy. Nice to have a light novel-esque entry here. XD

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »
oh man I just notice today this is here
Wow I feel terrible now
mmm some art is in order, even though its past the initial deadline.
inb4 sketches and more sketches and nothing actually finished

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 06:07:41 PM »
That Koa is so huggabubble.....

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
Re: [Art Request] Gather for the Mascots of MotK! {End on July, 31st}
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 08:57:36 PM »
Seeing as so many people are popping by and seeing this 'only now' as a result, I'm throwing this out there...

DEADLINE 31ST OF JULY!

Nice lovely extension for everyone; and it stops on the verge of August due to the build-up of AyaCon. So yeah, please don't feel like things are over; there are not over until I say so...
Or if no one posts. =(

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 01:06:02 PM »
Here's a Angelica

Beautiful~♥

Reminds me of the awesome that is Chii from Chobits.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2013, 01:14:23 AM »
everyone loves angelica

this was a really sloppy job. I might do another drawing some other time.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2013, 06:04:54 PM »
"D&D webcomic ripoff" is the only art style I can do semi-decently. Entering for the sake of variety I guess. :V

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2013, 06:32:08 AM »
Nothing finished, but while its getting finished, have the sketches!
I think Ill make this work more messy.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 06:27:06 PM »
i wanted to colour it, but i have homework due ;~;
Finish the homework then color it this is too great  :3

EDIT
Triela coloring is all done. Two more to go.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:44:21 PM by Nicole Artist »