Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!  (Read 480703 times)

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!
« Reply #1170 on: May 21, 2013, 01:44:10 PM »
Koishi is int he game... I am going to say one thing: As long as I can use her ability to cockblock opponents, I am happy.
Also, you peple translatesd Koishi's profile, but haven't translated Nitori's? SHAME ON YOU!
I honestly don't want to see Mamizou in this game. And I am guessing that the new character will resemble the figurine in the game's logo.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #1171 on: May 21, 2013, 01:46:06 PM »

Whoa, apparently this was posted on January 5th. Apparently they were all mentioned in the demo memory.

Mamizou!
This is for real?!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Touhou 13.5 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!
« Reply #1172 on: May 21, 2013, 01:47:09 PM »
Uh, Nitori's was translated pages ago. Read the thread.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #1173 on: May 21, 2013, 01:53:02 PM »
Uh, Nitori's was translated pages ago. Read the thread.
Only her character description has been translated to my knowledge. Her ability and Last Word description hasn't been yet translated.

« Reply #1174 on: May 21, 2013, 01:55:38 PM »
this just in mamizou is the final boss

That list pretty much sealed the deal for me. I was getting my hopes up for playable background characters after I saw Sanae and Kanako, but alas, it didn't come true. Leaving out the Moriyas is a questionable design decision in my opinion, though.

Koishi's eyes are awesome, btw.
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #1175 on: May 21, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »
this just in mamizou is the final boss
Any way you can prove that statement? Just because she was on that list, doesn't mean she's the final boss (or in the game).

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #1176 on: May 21, 2013, 02:06:15 PM »
Any way you can prove that statement? Just because she was on that list, doesn't mean she's the final boss (or in the game).
Seeing how amazingly accurate that list is, I guess it's a pretty good reason to guess she'll be playable, but probably not as a boss character, but maybe more as either the second last stage character (as Yukari was in IaMP), or just another playable character that Tasofro won't reveal for some reason.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #1177 on: May 21, 2013, 02:12:18 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if there were a penultimate boss a la Iku, which Mamizou could very well be.

« Reply #1178 on: May 21, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »
Seeing how amazingly accurate that list is, I guess it's a pretty good reason to guess she'll be playable, but probably not as a boss character, but maybe more as either the second last stage character (as Yukari was in IaMP), or just another playable character that Tasofro won't reveal for some reason.

I agree. I am sure she is in, but I see the final boss being some new character. I mean, Every other fighter has included at least 1 new character. Why would this one be different?

I do see Mamizou being a sub boss though. it fits her. Plus this would bring the cast to 10, and that is a MUCH better number then 9. 9 just seems... off.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #1179 on: May 21, 2013, 02:13:07 PM »
Or maybe she's not the final boss, and mirror matches will have tanuki ears.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #1180 on: May 21, 2013, 02:13:48 PM »
I highly doubt Mamizou will be the final boss. I mean, the girl in the silhouette looks nothing like her... at least as far as I can tell. And besides, adding a new final boss to HM's list would make the game to have 10 characters as well, just like IaMP.

IaMP:

Reimu | Marisa
Sakuya | Alice
Patchouli | Youmu
Remilia | Yuyuko
Yukari | Suika

HM:

Reimu | Marisa
Ichirin | Byakuren
Futo | Miko
Nitori | Koishi
Mamizou | Silhouette

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #1181 on: May 21, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »
I was just joking, although on second thought it wouldn't surprise me to see her as the Yukari/Komachi/Iku of this game. That raises the question why you can find her name in the code, but not the final boss, though.

fake edit: double triple? whatever ninja, but I needed to clear that up anyway
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Formless God

« Reply #1182 on: May 21, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »
What the fuck, this wasn't part of the plan at all :getdown:

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #1183 on: May 21, 2013, 02:16:42 PM »
Of the list, all I saw was a 4chan image (that will expire in at most a few days). Any more proof about its real date, such as 4chan archive link?

Mamizou won't be the final boss, anyway.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #1184 on: May 21, 2013, 02:23:01 PM »
I highly doubt Mamizou will be the final boss. I mean, the girl in the silhouette looks nothing like her... at least as far as I can tell. And besides, adding a new final boss to HM's list would make the game to have 10 characters as well, just like IaMP.

IaMP:

Reimu | Marisa
Sakuya | Alice
Patchouli | Youmu
Remilia | Yuyuko
Yukari | Suika

HM:

Reimu | Marisa
Ichirin | Byakuren
Futo | Miko
Nitori | Koishi
Mamizou | Silhouette

I must have missed this Silhouette. Can someone post it?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #1185 on: May 21, 2013, 02:24:06 PM »
Edible already called it, thread's over.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #1186 on: May 21, 2013, 02:24:37 PM »
I must have missed this Silhouette. Can someone post it?

this Silhouette :V
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #1187 on: May 21, 2013, 02:28:05 PM »
IT'S PIKACHU!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #1188 on: May 21, 2013, 02:30:03 PM »
LOL

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #1189 on: May 21, 2013, 02:34:14 PM »
You know, the fact that the silhouette doesn't look like Mamizou doesn't really mean anything. She can shapeshift, after all. That could just be a form she took to mess with people.

...I don't actually believe this, but, you know. Nitori is playable. Anything is possible :V
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #1190 on: May 21, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »
Seriously, can someone actually put in a little effort to verify the truthfulness of that image?
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #1191 on: May 21, 2013, 02:34:55 PM »

this Silhouette :V

That's a silhouette? It just looked like a bunch of swirls and flowers. I mean, in the other 2 you could see the character. Here...

IT'S PIKACHU!

Wouldn't be surprised given what we have to work with.

Hmm, I think I see a lot of flames... and a wheel like Enel in One piece has... And is that a a crown of thorns.

... is it a Fire Jesus?

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #1192 on: May 21, 2013, 02:45:26 PM »
Koishi manipulated our subconscious to think she wasn't going to be in the game, and by the time we snapped out of it a little, well...  :getdown:

Such a shame Hatate won't be in the roster. I thought of a neat mechanic involving her camera and everything. Oh well; guess I'll be maining Nitori and Koishi (she's the closest thing to Flandre this game has).
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1193 on: May 21, 2013, 02:46:34 PM »
Seriously, can someone actually put in a little effort to verify the truthfulness of that image?

I suspect it isn't simply because (a) that sort of thing would be immediately accompanied by a Facebook link to verify it, and (b) I refuse to believe only one person was able to pick characters out of the demo code.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Mayson

• The future... A new age!
« Reply #1194 on: May 21, 2013, 02:49:10 PM »
"Just" having this number of characters wouldn't surprise me at all. After all SWR and Touhou 12.3 only had as many character as they did because the old were taken over and then new added on top of it.

Actually, maybe the plan is to release another fighter with the same system used in HM and HM is just another "beginning" for these fighters to expand upon. I could imagine it. I'm calling Touhou 15.3 and Touhou 17.3!

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #1195 on: May 21, 2013, 02:51:02 PM »

guys it's pretty obvious come on :V

Not my work.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:55:03 PM by ★Drizzly Magician★ »

« Reply #1196 on: May 21, 2013, 02:55:03 PM »
It's funny how all the "joke" posts about Koishi joining in and being all "lol I wandered in randomly wuteva" ended up being true ;P

« Reply #1197 on: May 21, 2013, 02:55:23 PM »
I suspect it isn't simply because (a) that sort of thing would be immediately accompanied by a Facebook link to verify it, and (b) I refuse to believe only one person was able to pick characters out of the demo code.

Yeah, I mean, people pick through the code of these games all the time. No way only 1 person found it, and it wasn't everywhere on the internet soon after.

I mean, I can see Mamizou being in the game as a playable character. I really expect it.  I doubt she is the boss though, but more like a sub boss, or someone they haven't told us about yet just to throw us off. Plus, only 9 characters sounds like a bad number...

"Just" having this number of characters wouldn't surprise me at all. After all SWR and Touhou 12.3 only had as many character as they did because the old were taken over and then new added on top of it.

Actually, maybe the plan is to release another fighter with the same system used in HM and HM is just another "beginning" for these fighters to expand upon. I could imagine it. I'm calling Touhou 15.3 and Touhou 17.3!

Yeah I can see them expanding it.

guys it's pretty obvious come on :V

Hahaha. Yes, we get Mima with her Boos.

(Watch it be mima to make the fandom explode)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #1198 on: May 21, 2013, 02:58:39 PM »
On the blog they say that they had a hard time balancing Koishi, and they're still not satisfied (well, that they haven't studied her balance enough)...

Well, I'm questioning their choice of using SF2 charge mechanics for Koishi's ability...

Also, Koishi is the last character they will reveal on-site. It's entirely possible that their video promotional material, if they make new video promotional material, which is heavily implied in the blog post, could have additional characters. Please be patient.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #1199 on: May 21, 2013, 02:58:51 PM »
I find it weird that even though we can assume that Shinto is the default religion in Gensokyo, none of the characters are truly relatd to it.
Maybe that's the plot twist of the game. Every one is fighting over people's faith, but in the end, all of them had their believes on Shinto, it was just that every one just overlooked over that.