Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 113210 times)

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 2]
« Reply #330 on: July 15, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »
Morning everyone! Sorry about ending yesterday early.

I went back and checked Mala's posts from prior to her vote on Just. Her initial case was based on Just's early content. As far as I can tell from her following post, it seems like after recognizing this, her Just read becomes almost entirely based on gut at the time of her vote. She has said she thinks Xix is town now, but her reads on One and Depore were both lacking as well. She has brought up One a lot but has never stated a read on him, and this was her only case on Depore:

Depore? I would prefer other lynches at this point.
I do however also find her #115 disconcerting. After stating that she finds Moonin to be scummy for unknown reasons she calls his "content" post as really townie. The "content" that I'd still like some questions answered (It should actually read @Xix #73.) about. It seems like Depore simply got scared off by the size of the post instead of really looking at the content. (of which half comes from a liberal use of the enter key and large size font while announcing how many times he had been cut.)
Actually Depore is just as bad as Xix, Moonin and Just.

I would like Mala's current reads on One and Depore, since the three are so connected. I still find Mala scummy.

##Vote Mala

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #331 on: July 15, 2011, 11:16:02 PM »
There aren't that many corpses here... I wonder where the people are hiding.

One: Ehhhhh, his early game just says obviously new!derp, and I can look at that as derptown, since he has right intentions despite having no idea what he's doing. Although that might just be bias on my side from knowing who is on the other side of his coin. He's looking slightly townie on my side since he's putting effort towards the later parts, but I want results from him or the read can flip fast.

Depore: Ughhh. She's the exact OPPOSITE of One. She started off like knowing how to play the game, then fell off into derp derp derp. There's such a big difference between her early game and her current game that it's just very unnatural. Otherwise, still waiting on those opinions. And I don't like how she's declaring that she's a newbie over and over again. Looks like she's trying to appease to get people off her. Leaning towards scum.

Mala: Nothing's changed.

##Vote Mala

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #332 on: July 15, 2011, 11:35:20 PM »
Well, considering that without Demon's protection Depore could have been in a lot more trouble yesterday than what occured... I don't think that scum Depore would kill her.

I mean, you don't kill someone for being WRONG about their reads. Generally, UK must have been right about SOMETHING for her to get killed. I'm going to look through her top scum reads again, and see which is the most likely candidate. It's a good place to start.

On the note of that, the main reason Demon Navarus voted Just over me was "Gut feelings", other then that, it would seem I was the 2nd scum read, since he was bought by your claim.

@Yuan: I wish to know what your opinion of me is now that Just is a proven 3rd party.

@On the note of Xix. His last post
I must admit that I'm embarrassed that I forgot about One. Unfortunately, I'm taking a trip to Thanatos for a while, so I'll post back in a few hours when I arrive.
From July 13, 2011, 07:53:48 pm
To July 14, 2011, 02:13:57 pm

That is way past a few hour difference, I wish to ask why he did not make a post between these times. I find it suspicious that he claimed to post within a few hours, and had over a few hours, and did not act on what he has said.

On this note again, I hope you did not forget me for the fact that I am new, because while it helps me, its really a insult.

@If Depore was scum, she would keep Demon Navarus alive, due to the fact that Demon Navarus has continuously defended her. Even when there was a possible wagon on Depore, Demon Navarus still defended Depore.

@Empress Iffrita : On the note of "Trio", I think its strange that of the trio, you decide Depore is better now, is the main reason you decide you want to lynch Depore now, due to the fact that Demon Navarus is dead? You claim Depore and Prophet Mala have similiar styles, yet when Demon Navarus was alive you chose Prophet Mala over Depore.

I find it strange that this night kill might have been made for sake of either betting on Yuan getting me lynched, or getting Depore lynched due to the fact that with Demon Navarus gone, Depore only has herself to rely on, and from what people have seen, she is not doing a great job.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #333 on: July 15, 2011, 11:46:54 PM »
One: The only reason I switched to Mala at the end of D1 was because there was no way the Depore lynch was happening. If you pay attention to my posts, you'll realize that Depore was my primary suspect for the latter half of D1.

I wrote up my case on Depore overnight, before I learned of Navarus' death. Navarus' death has no effect on my case.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #334 on: July 15, 2011, 11:56:17 PM »
@One: My opinion of you doesn't change based on a third party lynch. As town, you should treat a third party lynch as a town lynch when trying to make connections to scum. The scum had no idea Just was a third party scum. They probably thought he was town.

My read on you changes in no way as a result of the Just lynch.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #335 on: July 16, 2011, 01:06:03 AM »
Mala: Nothing's changed.

##Vote Mala

Would you mind expanding on that Xix?

If you mean that your previous arguments still stand I understand, but I would like to know your read on her more recent posts, like her 262 in which she makes her arguments against Moonin and Just, up through her vote on Just in 273.  Even if your case remains the same, could you explain how her recent actions further the case you made here? Not having anything to add to your Mala case in light of her recent posts makes you somewhat suspicious.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #336 on: July 16, 2011, 01:15:57 AM »
I was going to have fun divining all night last night my time was cut short. My apologies if I sound irritated but when something as important as divining gets taken away from you...
For those of you asking about my abrupt switch to Just before I left to perform some divinations for the night: Was it really so abrupt? I had stated in my previous post that if I could not get a wagon on Moonin going that I would switch to Just before leaving as I could not be around for the deadline.
I can't help but read One as derptown and I doubt this will change any time soon.
Regarding Depore: I don't believe that my point in #169 was ever addressed so I'll reiterate them here. Your switch from Moonin to not Moonin was absolutely terrible. You claim that after Moonin posted some "content" he looked a lot more townie. All I can say about that is what content? How did that post make him any more townie? And your #115. I don't get it. Why do you mention Book of the Past out of the blue and state how townie it looks? Throughout the entire game you have been placing your suspicions of whichever person and simply didn't mention anyone else. Except for the Book of the Past. Why do you feel the need to state how much you love that Book of the Past? Why don't you love me instead? And when stating your love for that Book of the Past you didn't even really explain it. You simply stated its behavior as "good" and left it at that. The exact same thing also happened in your quick opinion post (#86). After your opinion post in #115 where you added in the Book of the Past being super townie for whatever reason you dropped all of your cases to vote for Yuan stating that it is likely for there to be more than two scum. When called out about this you simply unvoted and didn't go back to any of your cases. Instead you simply spent the rest of the day saying nothing before jumping onto the Just bandwagon. I find that this is really weird.
As for Moonin: I would like to believe that my case from #262 still stands. He addressed these points in #296 with "it is half-bad, it's also not half-bad". May I kindly inquire so as to what you found bad about my case?
I am now going to go perform the divination that I missed last night. If any of you feel like assisting me with my divination, just come visit.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #337 on: July 16, 2011, 01:19:50 AM »
Votecount the 17th - First For Day 2

Depore (1): Iffrita
Mala (2): Orwen, Xix

Not Voting: Everyone else

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
You have about 65 hours until Night 2.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #338 on: July 16, 2011, 02:15:22 AM »
All my time not voting yesterday was spent trying and failing at making cases. I only jumped on the Just wagon for the reason I had because I saw it getting tossed around more and I thought it safer than doing it earlier for the same reason.
@Iffrita: I was trying to make a case on One but I couldn't really do it well. But I must admit he is starting to look better to me. Probably derptown now.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #339 on: July 16, 2011, 03:21:03 AM »
Mala - Your switch to Just didn't have any backing behind it. While you did say you would switch to Just, your case on Just was that he went with an easy case against One and didn't show any effort, both of which Just resolved with his more recent posts. When this was pointed out to you, you responded to it with:

In regards to Just's more recent posts I'll admit that they look solid. However, the stars tell me that Just is likely to be scum, so I'll believe in them for the time being.

You didn't show us the scum intent in Just's recent posts; heck you even recognized them as good. Instead, you changed your read to a gut read and voted him anyway. I find that scummy.

All my time not voting yesterday was spent trying and failing at making cases. I only jumped on the Just wagon for the reason I had because I saw it getting tossed around more and I thought it safer than doing it earlier for the same reason.
@Iffrita: I was trying to make a case on One but I couldn't really do it well. But I must admit he is starting to look better to me. Probably derptown now.

Depore: Please answer Mala's questions.

Also, please make cases. When telling us your scum reads, tell us which player you found suspicious, show us what they did that was suspicious (preferably, which post they did it in as well), and then tell us exactly how what the player did was scum motivated. Find actions that you find weird or strange, and press the other players on those actions. I think you are new to this game, and I'm having a hard time telling if you are inexperienced town or inexperienced scum. You're recent posts have had little content and your votes haven't had the backing they need. Currently, I find you very suspicious.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #340 on: July 16, 2011, 03:22:45 AM »
Will post tomorrow, spent a few hours reading the thread, but my priorites are Mala, Depore, Xix, and Orwen.

Depore is quickly becoming my first choice.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #341 on: July 16, 2011, 05:34:26 AM »
Firstly mommy dearest, 5 hours to deadline and I'm the only one who makes a wagon in the first place, on Just with a swing vote, making his wagon a possiblity.  So, I did better by making a wagon in the first place otherwise it would have just shortened the time to the end of the day and upped the scramble everyone had by delaying it, possibly even making a choas no lynch.  I obviously wasn't getting a One lynch.  You cannot be as black and white as you're trying to imply about me wanting to lynch a scum, (3rd party is scum btw) for being scummy.  So no, my vote was not as bad as if Just flipped town since he was scum.

What is downright outrageous, (or isn't) is that I have reason to believe you are scum!

Full claim now, Empress Iffrita.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #342 on: July 16, 2011, 06:05:38 AM »
No change from the votecount that is 5 posts above this post.

You have about 60 hours left in the Day.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #343 on: July 16, 2011, 06:21:55 AM »
Who cares if you lynched a third party? The scum team didn't know she was a third party. From the scum's PoV, she might as well have been a townie. Stop trying to earn undeserved cred.

Anyway, I am a Faithful Empress, which is kind of like an oddball jack of all trades. I have a one-shot neighborizer (gain outside communication with the target for the following day phase), a one-shot... hider thing? not sure what to call it (I target a player, if they're town I become bulletproof, if they're scum then it does nothing), and a one-shot jailer (roleblock + protect). I attempted to neighborize Moonin last night, as he seemed fairly townie and I felt communication with him could potentially be helpful in pushing for a Depore lynch today. However, I was redirected to UK, and I am quite sure you can figure out how that turned out. Ugh.

Given that a UK/Moonin bus makes little sense as far as I am concerned, it seems likely to me that I was targeted by some sort of hijacker. I'm puzzled as to why the hell scum would think I was a PR worth redirecting, though, since I made no breadcrumbs after I figured my role could just be confirmed through the neighborizer. If this was the fault of a townie action, it would be appreciated if somebody could actually speak up about why they did it now that I've tipped my hand.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #344 on: July 16, 2011, 07:27:40 AM »
You didn't show us the scum intent in Just's recent posts; heck you even recognized them as good. Instead, you changed your read to a gut read and voted him anyway. I find that scummy.
I can't say anything about that other than that my divination told me that Just was likely to be plotting against us and I decided to trust in the stars.
Depore continuing to say very little annoys me. Her complete drop of all three of her cases in order to go for the Yuan case annoys me ("How do you know there are more than 2 scum?"). Randomly pronouncing the Book of the Past as townie twice in a situation where nobody has any real suspicions about the Book of the Past annoys me.
So Depore. You've stated that one of your big targets (One) is now looking derptown to you. You say in your latest post that you jumped onto the Just wagon simply because the wagon was there. You have not mentioned Xix or myself since #115 which was an expansion on your thoughts in #86. Opinions. You had best start forming some.
And come over to my place in an hour so we can divine the future together. It won't hurt, I promise.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #345 on: July 16, 2011, 07:31:31 AM »
One thing that I find very strange about Empress Iffrita. Empress Iffrita has been stating her suspicion of Princess Miya for a while now. Yet when Princess Miya said that she knew something about Empress Iffrita that would out her as scum Empress Iffrita responded immediately with a roleclaim. To me it looks like Empress Iffrita was a little too willing to divulge her role and I wonder if that is because it's a scum fakeclaim.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #346 on: July 16, 2011, 07:35:47 AM »
I don't know what kind of information she has, but at this point I don't think scum would make a roleclaim at the start of D2 just to cast doubt on me. I really don't see what was wrong with responding to her request to fullclaim.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #348 on: July 16, 2011, 07:42:11 AM »
Dammit, I'm really off this game aren't I. Exact same post, fixed.

Mala, your "case" on Depore is really confusing me, because you're mixing up me and Moonin somehow.

Not to mention that even if it weren't mixed up, I don't really see a case on Depore at all.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #350 on: July 16, 2011, 07:55:45 AM »

Let's be honest here. Do you think scum is going to claim that they have potentially lethal information on somebody at the start of day 2? It would most likely just turn major suspicion towards the theoretical scum Miya after my lynch, and Miya was not exactly a major focus of townie suspicion at the start of this day either.

I don't know what kind of information she has, but I can't see why scum would bother claiming at this juncture, so I'm giving her a pass for now.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #351 on: July 16, 2011, 07:56:13 AM »
The "@Xix #73" thing was a fix that was for my #114 as I wrote "@Xix #79" in #114.
How did that mixup even happen? Performing as many divinations as I do can result in an unclear mind at times. I will retract that point. However I believe that my other points in #344 still stand. And that invitation to divine the future with me is open to anyone. Just call me.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #352 on: July 16, 2011, 07:58:18 AM »
@Empress Iffrita: And where did Princess Miya claim exactly? She has only stated that she found some information that could out you and that you should fullclaim. When you say that you are "giving her a pass for now" do you mean to say that you are dropping your previous accusations against Princess Miya?

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #353 on: July 16, 2011, 08:00:38 AM »
I still begrudge her actions, but I don't think she's worth pursuing at this point due to the nature of her call-out.

If she was scum attempting an early D2 rolefish on me, she'd most likely get caught on it pretty quickly when it turned out she didn't have any interesting information to reveal.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #354 on: July 16, 2011, 08:14:35 AM »
Votecount the 18th

Depore (1): Iffrita
Mala (2): Orwen, Xix

Not Voting: Everyone else

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
You have about 58 hours until Night 2.

Depore has requested a replacement. If I find no replacement before the end of the Day, Depore shall be modkilled.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #355 on: July 16, 2011, 08:27:03 AM »
What... But... GAH WHY CAN'T WE EVER HAVE A FULL GAME?!

Anyways, Mala's case on Just is seems to be a pretty rehash on what most of the cases on him have said, and even then doesn't explain why he's scummy. As fall as I can tell, the case is that he was tunneling straight at One, even though he was talking about others[/url, which even she admits.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #356 on: July 16, 2011, 08:36:27 AM »
As for another person, I find the incestuous Mikhail as a suspicious persons.
His voting post on me didn't update any case on me, he just went on to tell people to pile on my wagon. Even then, he didn't bother to explain any of his reads other than his town reads.

(Oh hey I finally did the linking part right)

And if what I suspect is true, then Miya's asking for a claim and Iffrita's claim are believable to me. This doesn't indicate anything for alignment, as roles are not related to alignment at all.

And finally, I'll be pretty busy tomorrow since I found a trail on Nex's whereabouts, so I'm going to go KILL that bastard!

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #357 on: July 16, 2011, 08:37:40 AM »
Also, Maya I'll concede that I agree with your 344 post, and I'll admit that i completely missed it when I posted 347.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #358 on: July 16, 2011, 11:17:09 AM »
This game gives me a headache. I think I'm getting Bard syndrome already; it's all the mod's fault. People lurking out and posting only a few times a day is making rereads really annoying.

Depore is my top pick for scum. Looking back at her repeated promises to produce a case, instead of producing something that she hinted she was working on she just jumps on the popular wagon (Just) with reasons other people had already produced. I don't feel like elaborating right now, but I would later if asked. As for night kill choice (responding to Yuan here), Navarus was suspicious enough of Depore at the end of the day to want to vote for her. I would vote for Depore right now, but she's getting herself replaced or modkilled so ಠ_ಠ.

Reading over Mala again, I understand the Just vote somewhat as a last ditch switch from Moonin, but I dislike it because it seems to be "gut" dressed up in flavor. I see that you still suspect Moonin for reasons stated yesterday. But oh, where's your vote? Would you vote for Moonin, Depore or even Iffrita? Holding back your vote looks scummy. I'd also like for you to update your Moonin case here in light of end of day actions. You're currently my top suspect other than Depore.

##Vote:Mala

Xix, do you suspect anyone out of those three people (and Mikhail)? I'd like for you to not just disappear for half the day again.

Miya popping in just to give a half-assed defence of herself and ask for a claim isn't making me think well of her. Miya, explain your town reads on Xix and Depore and post an updated case.

One, who do you think is scum? I can't see a clear suspicion in your latest post.

Iffrita, is there anyone off the wagon that you would consider lynching?

Remember town, Scum are winning right now because you're not making strong wagons. This is a mess of votes, and you all need to pick up after yourselves.
Moonin, what would you prescribe as medicine for this affliction? Surely more active posting on your side would be helpful, would it not?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #359 on: July 16, 2011, 11:24:07 AM »
I really don't see what was wrong with responding to her request to fullclaim.
I don't like the way you fullclaimed because Miya is hardly the epitome of towniness, and you bashed her in the same post that you spilled your role. It's not like Miya gave justification for asking for a full claim.