Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 112725 times)

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 1]
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2011, 03:36:32 AM »
Quote from: One
I find Xix suspicious due to the fact even though he had 3 votes on him at the time, he does not have a case in which he defends himself, but instead focuses on Moonin.

I find you suspicious for putting Xix at L-1 simply because he couldn't think of a better way to respond to a case that I never even made.

[b\##Unvote: Xix
##Vote: One[/b]

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2011, 03:36:53 AM »
##Unvote: Xix
##Vote: One

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2011, 03:40:38 AM »
Votecount the Sixth - You're All Black and White! You're All Scum!!!

One (4): Yuan, Just, Navarus, Moonin
Mala (1): One, Orwen, Iffrita
Xix (3): Miya, Just, Moonin, Iffrita, Depore, Mala, One
Book of the Past (1): Mikhail
Orwen (1): Navarus, Book of the Past
Moonin (1): Xix
Iffrita (1): Miya

Navarus (0): Depore, Mala
Yuan (0): Orwen
Just (0): Book of the Past, Mala, Xix

Not Voting: Mala

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
You have about 44 hours and 20 minutes until Night 1.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2011, 03:45:35 AM »
##Vote Moonin

First post: third vote on Xix's wagon with no reasoning. Opportunistic much? Second post: Random comment at Xix that doesn't impact gameplay in any way. Active lurking much? Third post: One liner vote on One. Fourth on the wagon. Opportunistic much?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2011, 03:47:19 AM »
And I don't like the wagon on One at all.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2011, 04:00:10 AM »
Elaborate, Mala? About your opinions on One. One's lack of explanation is disturbing.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2011, 04:01:52 AM »
I'm reading One as derptown. Call me naive if you want but I'm sticking with this read for now.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2011, 04:10:12 AM »
##Unvote, Vote One
That vote was awful. Why Xix over Moonin?

I could also ask you why "Not" Moonin?.
But to answer your question...
I chose Xix over the fact that even though he had votes on him, he mostly ignored them and tried to drive attention to another person, though this concide with the fact that I had assumed the votes on Xix were actually serious votes, and not joke.

Regarding One... eh. I initially thought I had a fairly strong town read on him, but the way he awkwardly prioritized his cases on Moomin and Xix so that he could place Xix on L-1 then completely brushed me aside when I pointed it out doesn't look that great to me. Want to see him explain why he wanted Xix gone over Moomin originally, and whether that still holds up or not now that Xix has responded.

I had initial not understood the meaning of L-2 till Demon Navarus's "L-1"
As I commented to Demon Navarus's question. I Assumed that the votes of Xix we're serious.
I can't say I still want him dead. But the vote I assume would do better staying on Xix.

@One:"The most suspicious would really...well I don't have any solid reasons but I would find Moonin and Xix and well...people with no posts that may apply to the discussion in either a positive or negative manner"
I know you thought you worded it wrong but what did you actually mean by this sentence?

Intersects with the Above
But to be more detailed, I mean't a case in where one person was getting voted on by many. Yet that one person ignores the votes on him, and attempts to drive attempt to another.

One: Super cool waffle there one-san! 57 And then we have some content that isn't just an unsure blab... which consists of putting Xix at L-1 when your case really isn't that solid...  Tsk tsk.  You are now a lot more scummy.

As with Above.

One: I think One needs to put a whole lot more content in his posts. He should also think his words out a bit more
otherwise they become confusing.

It hard to decipher hidden words in words as fast as you all, and I might not even be deciphering them at all.

I find you suspicious for putting Xix at L-1 simply because he couldn't think of a better way to respond to a case that I never even made.
I find you suspicious for once again posting One-Liners. As well as the fact that you assumed that I fully understand what I was doing.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2011, 04:22:34 AM »
I never expressed suspicion of Moonin. You did.

So, you're going to continue voting Xix even though you're saying you don't want him dead? Huh?

Finally, why are Moonin's "one liners" suspicious? So far, they've felt like concise reasoning for votes. Maybe I'm missing something?

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2011, 04:26:40 AM »
Although I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to read over, and think about what's been posted so far, there are two posts that caught my eye particularly and reveals clear-cut intent.

Lords and Ladies of the hight court, please let me direct your attention to Sage Orwan's post #74
I have just had the pleasure of reading the Book's post.  You are now one of my scared town reads.  My hands are indeed spoiled, I shall release you from my grasp.  ##Unvote

My opinion on Mala's divinations is that they were not something scummy at all, and I am surprised that that semi-joke reason has turned into a worry of Orwen's for such a WIFOMy objection that role's and characters need not match... Otherwise on this particular point I must defer to the knowledgeble Book.  Why are you still voting Mala when you find One suspcious and possibly scummy... and please clarify what you were thinking when you said you didn't like her wagon when at the moment you are the only one voting her?.

Otherwise your post is an overblown case on lackluster posters which presents no new insights, while simply waffling on Xix. 

I am quite sure that the intent of your post is to push a One lynch from the sidelines while padding your post with obversations on Mala (with no conclusions) with a pointless call to the lurkers to post.

I think you are Scum.  ##Vote Sage Orwen

There is another reason I particularly didn't enjoy reading that Waffle on Xix.  It is because you the waffle involved the considerations of other people voting Xix and not just on Xix himself.  You called Xix a hypocrite, and that should be enough for you.  Why mitagate that feeling by pointing out that lurkers voted for him, and that lurkers are bad.  That should not mean that Xix looks more like a townie.

Because I think Xix is scum as well (my 2nd choice).  His post #73 seemed like he was only giving half-assed observations AFTER he thought he should be giving them.  (He should have stated those anyway when he voted Moon, because he obviously thought there was scum intent from Mala and Iffrita)

I'm quite fine with his lynch as well

Also I have no time right now, but I consider One derp and not a priority.

My only other town read besides Book is Iffrita.
Good day

That claim says nothing much... sorry.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2011, 04:46:49 AM »
I never expressed suspicion of Moonin. You did.

So, you're going to continue voting Xix even though you're saying you don't want him dead? Huh?

Finally, why are Moonin's "one liners" suspicious? So far, they've felt like concise reasoning for votes. Maybe I'm missing something?

The one liners are suspicious because even if could convey slight information with it, it still doesn't explain much about his decisions of voting. So far every single one of his posts are either just votes or one liners, which does not give as much information as he should be giving.

I personally wouldn't care if anyone died!, so long as Depore is alive I shall give everything too her!(No not really)

The vote is better off staying on Xix due to the fact no one else has evidence of concrete scum, nor does Xix have concrete evidence of Town. As well as the fact that changing my vote many times in one day is really not a good thing for the players.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2011, 04:55:56 AM »
Why me?

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2011, 06:49:53 AM »
Why not you? (?・ω・`) One and Moon-kun are fighting so why do you think they're both scummy for it?

Don't know what an UncertainKitten is suposed to mean to me Nav-tan~☆ I don't think it's a misrep when you brought up the possibility of Mala clarifying it again. What did you expect her to say? ┐( ?∀? )┌  But your vote looks good on One-scum. More votes on One please.
Just cause I'm a curious One what exactly do you want Moonin to eludicate on? Your words say you want to change your vote but your vote says Xix Xix Xix~☆ Your reasoning that no one has evidence of concrete scum leaves out a tiny detail. Neither do you! Unless you're his buddy. Thanks for Day 2~☆

Xix-kun stopped being manly and started flailing like a little girl. We can't be together like this.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2011, 07:23:40 AM »
Xix's attack was shoddy overall and basically utilized reasoning that
Wow, I just realized that I never finished the sentence and somehow missed it while proofreading. Why does nobody ever point these things out to me?

But ~AS I WAS SAYING~, Xix's attack was shoddy overall and basically utilized reasoning that was attacking something closer to a null tell than a scum tell.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2011, 07:31:15 AM »
I am not withholding or dressing up insight.
If you have a problem with conciseness, I could always pad out my post with faked rage, unbearably smug statements, and random buzzwords.

Every Vote after Iffrita's is bad. Depore, Mala, and One's votes were made in poor judgement.
Depore's voted on Xix's tone, which is not a factor in determining alignment. The added reason of being guilty of hypocrisy does not sound like an actual reason for voting, but rather a casting of suspicion used to bolster her case.

Mala does not provide reasoning for his vote. He merely states that Xix's actions feel scum motivated. I looked back, but did not see anything in his posting beforehand other than casual observations of what Depore put into her case. I gave a slight pass for unvoting when Xix was at L-1, but he states in the voting post that he does not like the wagon being half from random votes. If you had felt this way, you should not have been voting him in the first place.

One, at surface level, looked the worse. He believed both sides of the argument between me and Xix equally suspicious, but threw weight behind the one who had the largest wagon. However, I do believe he is telling the truth that he did not intend to put Xix at L-1. Town and Scum equally would not want the bandwagon to go through like that because he would be the most suspicious person. This is a waste of effort, regardless of what his alignment is. I am relegating One's actions to a null-tell.

This said, I apologize to One. Depore and Mala are much worse with regards to opportunism on the Xix wagon.

##Unvote: One
##Vote: Depore

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2011, 07:33:00 AM »
While I'm here, I want to point out that I'm disliking how Mala suddenly took a completely unexplained turn away from the Xix wagon after unvoting to attack the person her previous top scum suspect was voting. I desire an explanation for this behavior, since if Xix turns out to be town then that would look like a pretty convenient way for Mala to move herself off the inevitable townie lynch, and if Xix is scum like I am expecting, then... well. I don't think her switch towards Moonin meshes very well with her past opinions.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2011, 07:42:08 AM »
Moonin's post made me realize the players I had as my two alternate suspects in my #87 were the first two people to vote Xix seriously... hm. I strongly believe that Xix's play has been blatantly terribad so far and am surprised people have been giving him passes, but the way the other players jumped onto his wagon is starting to make me doubt myself.

Blargh. I'll think this over more tomorrow.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2011, 07:49:51 AM »
Moonin's post made me realize the players I had as my two alternate suspects in my #87 were the first two people to vote Xix seriously... hm. I strongly believe that Xix's play has been blatantly terribad so far and am surprised people have been giving him passes, but the way the other players jumped onto his wagon is starting to make me doubt myself.

Blargh. I'll think this over more tomorrow.
Bad play is not indicative of alignment, only skill.
The pass I give to Xix is due solely to the bad intentions I feel from the serious votes placed on his wagon.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2011, 08:06:25 AM »
Did you actually read my second case about Xix? There were more arguments in there.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2011, 08:11:56 AM »
I switched to Moonin because I decided that I dislike him (Moonin is male right? The picture is somewhat ambiguous.) the most right now.
His first post was a random vote onto the second largest wagon at the time. His second post is a comment for Xix to be nicer when content to discuss was beginning to appear. His third (and fourth but I'm counting them as the same thing) post involves him jumping onto the One wagon due to One's placing of Xix to L-1. I don't like any of this.
Now to deal with my part in the whole Xix voting mess: When I placed my vote on him we still had roughly two days left during which we can vote and argue and be of good cheer. I had considered FoS'ing him then but believed that voting regularly would have been fine since my vote placed him at L-2 and I thought that the random voters would either move their vote or come in to provide actual reasoning for their votes.
@Moonin saying I didn't provide reasoning for my vote onto Xix: You say yourself that I gave my observations and thought that they were probably scum motivated. What more do you want? In addition may I ask how I used Depore's case when I posted before her? Unless I've misinterpreted "other than casual observations of what Depore put into her case."
As for my switch from Xix to Moonin? All I can say that it's D1 and there isn't all that much content to go by and so my reads are subject to change. Right now I dislike Xix, Moonin, and Just.
And now that we've touched on the subject of Just, I want to ask him something. What do you think of Demon Navarus right now? And what do you mean by "Xix-kun stopped being manly and started flailing like a little girl. We can't be together like this."? Finally, does your case on One involve anything outside of his neutral stance?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2011, 08:26:19 AM »
The number of people who have called me "town" based on my opening post is a little irritating. >_> Also, the next person who spells "hypocrisy" as "hypocracy" gets a dictionary in the face. It happened last game too.

This post is mostly clarification questions since I'm tired oh god look at the time.

Alright, I read Mala, and I'm pretty unimpressed. Call it keeping your cards close, but I'm not seeing anything that stands out (which is a bad thing). Moonin and Iffrita have already covered her actions around the Xix vote, and there's not much else to see in her ISO. There's the later switch to Moonin, which is a bit abrupt, but understandable - I didn't like Moonin's #90 either, but he has rectified that. I'd like for Mala to elaborate on the rest of her ~opinions~.
And then Mala cuts me and looks a lot better to me now wow that was a complete waste of time. I'll read her again in the morning.

Just, care to share anything with us on the rest of the players? You seem rather tight-lipped on anyone save One.

Moonin, regardless of the votes on him, what do you think of Xix? Also, why Depore over Mala?

Navarus, what did you like about Orwen's post?

Depore, are you going to get your opinions post out or what? I've been waiting~ #86 doesn't count because you're just describing what people are doing without giving your opinion on them. Let's take the Xix point, for instance. You say Xix shows bad reasoning, low content (but wait the second post had content!), and aggressiveness (ok if in character). Do you think these make Xix scummy, and why?

One, there's no such thing as concrete evidence in Mafia, unless you count scum knowing who the other scum are. Vote changing in itself is not scummy if the vote changes are valid. If you are town, you should elaborate on why your vote is best placed on Xix, i.e. why is he the scummiest player? If you don't think Xix is the scummiest, then change your vote. Continuing to not provide opinions and make proper use of your vote looks bad, and scummy at worst.

Xix should come in and make an updated opinions post, except make it readable this time and skip the IIOA.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2011, 08:29:38 AM »
Ah, I see Orwen is holding on to his vote on Mala, but his reasoning is incredibly weak. First half of the first paragraph is irrelevant. As I read it, his case boils down to, ~role speculation~ and this gem:Please point out this defence.
All in all, it's a rather weak case, and I found the rest of post #74 to be rather fluffy. There are points to be made on Mala (which I will touch on in my next post), but Orwen declines to mention any of these points.
But aren't you the only person on the Mala wagon?
In any case,
##Unvote
##Vote:Orwen

More in a few hours.

I apologize for the typos. The sentence should read "I'm also really not liking the wagon on Xix, nor I'm I fond of Mala's vote." instead of 
"I'm also really not liking the wagon on Xix, nor I'm I fond of Mala's."

The first post Navarus made in this game defends Depore with:

Derpore is town.

This is a view that Navarus has maintained throughout the game (although it did not come up much early game), so I found it suspicious that Mala voted Navarus for defending Mala while not bringing up Navarus's unsubstantiated town read on Depore.

Sage mah dear, Can you clarify this stuff for me please~?  Do you not think Xix is scum?  Or do you just think the wagon formed on him is a bad one with bad reasoning and if he is still scummy to you, why is he scum?  It may just be that you posted without looking at Xix's resonse but these opinions seem outdated now can you update them?

Xix is suspicious to me, but the wagon that formed on him was terrible. The first half of it was joke votes, and the second half was 1-liner excuses for vote parking. He's voting his only apparent scum read, Moonin, for lack of content. By itself that isn't bad, but Xix hasn't told us which other players he's suspicious of, and what about their content he finds suspicious. Xix needs to tell us who he's suspicious of in addition to Moonin and why.

As for my switch from Xix to Moonin? All I can say that it's D1 and there isn't all that much content to go by and so my reads are subject to change. Right now I dislike Xix, Moonin, and Just.

Mala, while I understand your reason for voting for Moonin, I don't I understand your reason for unvoting Xix. What do you think of Xix's 73? The way you've told us that you dislike all three of Xix, Just, and Moonin while moving your vote around freely gives you a lot of flexibility while not forcing you to commit to your reads, which I also find suspicious.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2011, 08:35:43 AM »
Hmm, alright, I suppose that makes some sense. I'll sleep on it and put out a more substantial response when I wake up.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2011, 08:40:19 AM »
##Unvote
I'm gonna take a moment to re-read everything.

Also to avoid dictionary bashing, "hypocrisy"

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »
Regarding Demon Navarus' defence of Depore: I tend to disregard anything said in the RVS and Demon Navarus calling Depore town was something that I wasn't paying attention to. But since you've brought it to my attention I'm now curious.
@Demon Navarus: You've mentioned Depore twice. Both times you have called him town. The second time you specifically singled out Depore as town that needed to post more. Why Depore? Why not any of the other lurkers? Why do both you and One love Depore instead of me?!
As for unvoting Xix: I did it because he had been placed at L-1. As for Xix's #79, I don't like it all that much. The entire post consists of Xix defending himself and commenting on a few people with no real content.
@Xix 79: "Mala's 29 does indeed feel like a strange unnecessary push for a wagon. And some role-playing" And? What do you think that says about me?
"Depore: Yeah, this is the person you should be voting for Noah Iffrita, with the reasoning you're using on me. Me, jumping on to an easy wagon? A person who had NO VOTES?!?! Seriously, jumping on to the only wagon without explaining a reason?" And? What do you think of Depore for doing this?
"One: I was giving you a pass for being a newbie, but what is this? You want me to defend against RANDOM VOTES?!" And? Are you still giving One a pass for being a newb?
"Oh look, reasonable posts. Wait, you want me to claim because I'm at L-1 when 1/3rd of those are random votes? Good job, trying to get me to reveal my role. There should be no reason why I'm even at L-1 in the first place." And? Are you trying to call Demon Navarus out for rolefishing here or are you just calling bs on the wagon that formed on you?

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2011, 09:21:36 AM »
Why do both you and One love Depore instead of me?!
Because I'm special.

These are my current opinions as the other ones were just quick opinions:

Xix: Could do with some more posts. Low content in some posts. Not-so-good reasoning. Attempt to deflect attacks. Bit aggressive. Slightly Scummy.
The unneccesary attack to what I now think was a jokevote seemed very scummy. Then he actually tried to deflect the attacks onto me when he could've made a proper defense case for himself. After recent posts he seems to have calmed down a bit and seems less scummy to me. But I still think he is a bit scummy.

One:Low content in some posts. Can be confusing. Not the best reasoning. Kinda scummy or as Mala said "derptown".
I think One needs to re-think what he posts as he seems to get a bit confused sometimes. Although that statement that he made about keeping me alive to give me things makes me think he's trying to make you guys think I'm his scumbuddy (He did say "no not really" but I'm still suspicious).

Moonin: Still could do with some more posts. Getting better with reasoning and content. Leaning towards town now. First post stirred up alot of trouble because it had no reasons at all, but that was possibly a jokevote. The actual content he has posted now seems very town to me.

Book of the Past: Good scumhunting. Good reasoning. Good content(better than most with only 2 posts). Town.
Because the attention to detail is used very well in their scum hunting. And he is covering many people instead of one. Possibly trying to find all the scum on day one and lynch them all one-by-one. I would also like the Book of the Past to post their opinions. Short Sweet and Simple.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2011, 01:01:59 PM »
Unvote; Vote: Empress Iffritya

Why was Moonllin an easier target than... say.. Xix?

How was Xix's vote any more opportunistic than yours?

Furthermore, how do you explain the blatant rolefishing in your opening post?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2011, 01:15:05 PM »
Oh, ALSO. If Iffrita flips scum, Moon is likely the partner. The proxy defense of Moon by attacking his voter is noted.

To be honest, I don't see the case on Xix and the fact that the wagon soared to L-1(L-2 really, but the FoS was like a Pseudo L-1) makes me more than a little unnerved about that lynch today.

Other good lynches today include One and Sage Orwen.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2011, 01:18:53 PM »
@Mod: Can we have a votecount and deadline update? If I have to deal with Plurality lynches, I want to at least know how much time I have to work with. Thanks~!

I don't want any accidental lynches on town.

Speaking of town:

Book of the Past is looking VERY town. As is Demon.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »
Your right, I totally contradicted myself. Goes to show what I would know.

I find Moonin suspicious for the short and vague response on Xix voting on him, he did not attempt to defend and just shrugs it off like it mean't nothing.

I find Xix suspicious due to the fact even though he had 3 votes on him at the time, he does not have a case in which he defends himself, but instead focuses on Moonin.

Therefore I have decided :
##Vote Xix

Actually, I could REALLY get behind a One lynch today.

Look at this post where he votes Xix.

His reasoning is that Xix is scum because instead of defending himself (something scum would be interested in doing) he continues to HUNT SCUM (something town should be doing.)

Now, this is a case of "Not sure if scum or just wrong", but it doesn't LOOK like someone can make this kind of mistake accidentally...