Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver  (Read 123860 times)

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver
« Reply #750 on: March 18, 2010, 09:44:32 PM »
Wondering the same here. Anthony(maybe?) said he was compiling stuff with him and Trance but...no one seems to be doing much of anything.

FIGHT!

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #751 on: March 18, 2010, 09:51:51 PM »
Shameless bump after 1,5 month. What are we going to do with this game, gappy.

Girl is now writing dissertation for 1.5 units worth of credits, please wait warmly~<3

If anyone wants to get together and brain storm ideas for stuff to do, feel free to~ It's everyone's game after all. Remember, you can cause things to happen to yourselves and others as well.

My job is just to introduce special events that move the story forwards ^^ Aside from that, you're free to do whatever you like.

....as long as you don't pull something as earth-shattering as the Sky-Ray XD

Oh, alternatively - ask Sana/E-mouse/Moerin/Xan to restart the scenario I wrote up for day 5 in the co-posts that have yet to be posted. Basically, redo them, but allow for everyone to take part.

Which means everyone can take part in the:
1) First Library Exploration Event
2) Idol Contest (?!)
3) Battle at the Bookstore
4) Race after a certain white lotus
5) Second Library Exploration Event

That should give everyone plenty to do and have fun with ^^

Xan, Moerin, E-mouse, Sana, can you all please do me a favour and help the others with this? ^^ I'd be really, really grateful~<3
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:58:30 PM by Mind-The-Sana »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #752 on: March 18, 2010, 09:58:59 PM »
Please notice that I edited that last post~

Gpop

« Reply #753 on: March 18, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »
E-mouse was talking to me a few times about this. He really wanted to get this going again. He just needed some ideas and my permission for some of the things he's planning in his next post. Atm I'm waiting warmly for him, although he told me that it won't be anytime soon.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #754 on: March 18, 2010, 10:39:15 PM »
Regarding ideas, I crammed about 2 or 3 days worth of planned material into day 5 ^^;; I think it's worth recycling those ideas into events that everyone can take part in. I think it'd be particularly fun for everyone ^^

I'm counting on E-mouse, Moerin, Xan or Sana to be forthcoming here XD And I'm counting on Hele to make sure this happens ^^;;

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #755 on: March 18, 2010, 10:42:47 PM »
You know, that's actually a really good idea. I need to start actually doing things, anyway.

So... suggestions for how to start this off? A good beginning would be to pull together a roll call for people that'd like to take part in the main group storyline part: those who are content with what they've already put out for Day 5 can stay out of it and stick with what they've got.

Alternatively, there could be multiple main groups that get involved in the town, to segment the story bits into more manageable group sizes. Arranging who goes to what major events and why (or why not) will be one of the big challenges: I think most of those that went to town would notice the problem with the library, in particular: that could serve as a place to meet up again temporarily to rearrange groups for later events, even if some might be delayed too long to take part in the fight.

Now, what are the main events that happened there, and in what order? From what I can remember:

Chronologically-important events:
Morning
1. Breakfast, meeting with Saniwa, fake IDs
2. Bullying/bribing Reimu into a tour of the Covenant base, wyvern fight in the library
To Town
~2-3 timeframe: Mahjong vs. Yakuza, van theft
3. Idolm@ster contest; attacked by Oyuki, shadow-catgirl summoning, fended off and captured
4. Shadow appearance in Nate's bookstore, major fight, meetup
5. Encounter with Nue
6. Trainwreck of a train invasion, Amakawa, Byakuren+Co., exposition in the van
Evening approaches, groups return to shrine
7. Dinner, imperfect Eirin cure offered (mostly glossed over)
8. Wedding decision
9. Chibification (select people, no clear pattern)
10. Fight with Mima (already covered pretty well)

Time-flexible events for groups not interested in participating in certain events, or that would screw up continuity if they attended certain events:
Catgirlification
Shopping in town (clothing or otherwise)
VIVIT recruitment (current version was as part of/tail end of bookstore event)

What am I still missing?

I think the key now is to put together who absolutely has to attend certain events, who would like to, and start working out what groups of groups to split into and where they'll go, including filler events to work out time/location inconsistencies.

For me: Midori is mostly required for the breakfast and underground, then the idol competition and meeting with Oyuki. Nue meeting is recommended, but I could stand to avoid the train bit. Dinner needs to be actually fleshed out, more than anything.

'Signups' for where to be would be the current task, but I think I'll wait on formalizing that until I get some more input on significant day events and maybe ideas for filler/what can be shuffled around.

So, what am I still missing from that list?

EDIT: I have enough material for a post and a half of Day 5 Morning stuff, but I've yet to get around to filling in the talk with Satori I stalled on to talk with Gpop about. It should have no major impact on future events, aside from filling in Midori's stuff for that timeframe.

Though I should ask (again), is the shrine waterfall close enough for mana transfer via the shrine/base/generator?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:45:06 PM by Hatate Himekaidanbooru »
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #756 on: March 18, 2010, 11:01:23 PM »
* Mind-The-Sana facepalms

So you are Mus ^^;; That Hatate disguise almost fooled me.

Anyhow, good work organizing that....only, now the surprise is sort of removed, ne? XD I was hoping you'd guide everyone through each event of the day in chronological order, rather XD

Oh well, do it as you see fit XD Though I think it'd be best if you just go through everything from the beginning and walk through the whole thing bit by bit.

Also, yes, shrine's mana generator covers the whole shrine grounds.

Gpop

« Reply #757 on: March 18, 2010, 11:05:18 PM »
Goddamn it Mus I never thought it was you...fuck.

Ah, I thought we had enough discussion. Anytime I'm on and you want some more info on this just give me a call and I'll do what I can depending on the time.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #758 on: March 18, 2010, 11:57:34 PM »
Finally jesus fuck some shit is happening oh my god i love you.

i'd prefer to do this over IRC as I'm far more articulate there than I am here, so...

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #759 on: March 19, 2010, 12:15:37 AM »
Goddamn it Mus I never thought it was you...fuck.

Ah, I thought we had enough discussion. Anytime I'm on and you want some more info on this just give me a call and I'll do what I can depending on the time.

No, I think we've discussed enough; I just need to actually do things other than moping about lack of confidence in being able to get a job. -_-

Also: It WOULD be possible to try and redo Day 5 in general, but I want to limit plot inconsistencies with what's been laid out for the evening and day 6 in the thread already. Which I still need to catch up on.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #760 on: March 19, 2010, 12:24:57 AM »
Mostly posting to check in. I've been offline for a few days, but I'm generally around and ready to go~

What I mostly know for sure is that I'll need to have my party around for meeting with Oyuki, and preferably for 1 of the 2 Library Exploration events.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #761 on: March 19, 2010, 12:26:20 AM »
I think the key now is to put together who absolutely has to attend certain events, who would like to, and start working out what groups of groups to split into and where they'll go, including filler events to work out time/location inconsistencies.

My character is definitely required for VIVIT recruitment, as, you know, he's the one doing the recruiting >___>;; Furthermore, he's required for Mahjong v Yakuza, but that's pretty much it for "absolutely required!" because he wasn't around for most of the others due to VIVIT.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #762 on: March 19, 2010, 12:32:48 AM »
Day 5 evening and day 6 can be retconned quite easily or adapted to fit new developments. We don't have to let that get in the way of having fun XD

Have at it~!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #763 on: March 19, 2010, 12:38:23 AM »
Day 5 evening and day 6 can be retconned quite easily or adapted to fit new developments. We don't have to let that get in the way of having fun XD

Have at it~!

Hmm... in that case, it'd probably be best to get a listing of what major events you want included even if we redo it (by PM, if you like), and put it to a vote whether to redo Day 5 entirely and let it progress more organically on the forum, or retell what was done in chat with a bit less chaos.

I'm honestly inclined to keep it so things are a little less confusing and we have a plan what to cover, but it'd result in a bit of shoehorning about what happens even if it doesn't make perfect sense. Then again, I've been doing that from time to time with Jer when he'd normally try and interfere the whole time, so.

Also worth seeing who's still around, at this point.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #764 on: March 19, 2010, 12:58:49 AM »
Last time I checked, everyone's still around and ready to go, with the possible exception of Alex. If Alex doesn't report back soon...well, tell Nemo she can have her way XD

We just need momentum, really.

I say introduce circumstances for each event of day 5 and let things take their course. Don't be too disappointed if things don't go as planned. Just adapt. You can let things run into day 6 if need be.

Start with where everything left off after the morning training by the waterfall. You can begin with breakfast.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #765 on: March 19, 2010, 04:19:47 AM »
Any suggestions about what to do with Mitaka's crew? I mean, I know Miyuu is a non-issue for obvious reasons, but I don't think I treat Reimu in the same way...

Hele, could you update the chatroom topic the next time you're there to point out this idea and start clearing out plans for where people would plan to go the start of day 5, or if they have no real plans and would be available to group up with someone else either out of company or curiosity?

LordVant

« Reply #766 on: March 19, 2010, 05:22:31 AM »
Aaaaaaaaand we're ROLLING! :o Now then....I still got nothing to do unless the general consensus is to redo day 5...though even at that I'm still probably gonna stick with what I've done because I'm pretty much alone except for the bit of interaction with Rabbit. Ah well~ I just get to watch you guys entertain me...and..you know...yourselves  :V

FIGHT!

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #767 on: March 19, 2010, 08:14:19 AM »
I'm glad that everything is starting the move, and I would support re-doing the necessary parts of day 5, along with possibly editing the events of day 6 that already have happened, I kinda want to change up a few things that happened during the crash that is day 5 along with the early parts of day 6.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #768 on: March 19, 2010, 08:32:12 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking of mentioning that it would be good for the 'magical girls' to try and stick together for the most part - but I knew you ended up regretting that character derailment. :V

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #769 on: March 19, 2010, 09:45:52 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking of mentioning that it would be good for the 'magical girls' to try and stick together for the most part - but I knew you ended up regretting that character derailment. :V

yes, I regret it very much, I should have known that going with everyone wasn't a good idea :x

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #770 on: March 19, 2010, 10:27:40 AM »
Aaaaaaaaand we're ROLLING! :o Now then....I still got nothing to do unless the general consensus is to redo day 5...though even at that I'm still probably gonna stick with what I've done because I'm pretty much alone except for the bit of interaction with Rabbit. Ah well~ I just get to watch you guys entertain me...and..you know...yourselves  :V

Go into town and link up with the rest of the crew? That was my plan for you anyway.

Any suggestions about what to do with Mitaka's crew? I mean, I know Miyuu is a non-issue for obvious reasons, but I don't think I treat Reimu in the same way...

Hele, could you update the chatroom topic the next time you're there to point out this idea and start clearing out plans for where people would plan to go the start of day 5, or if they have no real plans and would be available to group up with someone else either out of company or curiosity?

As for Mitaka's crew, just write in Reimu as I've done in those co-posts. Basically use them as reference.

Also, no need to 'plan' too much. Just introduce everyone to 'breakfast' and let everything progress naturally. Steer things a little here and there and get everyone moving. But no need to sit down and plan 'X goes here' and 'Y goes there'.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #771 on: March 19, 2010, 11:00:43 AM »
As for Mitaka's crew, just write in Reimu as I've done in those co-posts. Basically use them as reference.

Also, no need to 'plan' too much. Just introduce everyone to 'breakfast' and let everything progress naturally. Steer things a little here and there and get everyone moving. But no need to sit down and plan 'X goes here' and 'Y goes there'.

But that's how I usually operate, coordinating highly detailed schemes in the background and putting together well-choreographed/coordinated story material =(

Still, you have a point. Planning out the whole day before starting would be excessive. A roll call for where to go immediately after the ablutions finish may work, though?

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #772 on: March 19, 2010, 01:25:39 PM »
Why not just wing it? my (relatively) recent story posts were genearlly built like that

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #773 on: March 19, 2010, 04:05:41 PM »
That is possible.

Also: It WOULD be possible to try and redo Day 5 in general, but I want to limit plot inconsistencies with what's been laid out for the evening and day 6 in the thread already. Which I still need to catch up on.
Well I unfortunate solified my day 5 events because people like me (and others) got seperated from the main group due to those IRC co-op sessions unless we are going to act that shadow attack and necofication and mahjong yakuza thing is not going to happen. That killed day 5 terribly, so please refrain from doing that again. (Which reading from Mouse's post we are not going to do that.

This is the reason why I made the Mima fight happen in the midnight. And please don't make me redo 30 pages of story again :V

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #774 on: March 19, 2010, 10:14:17 PM »
Why not just wing it? my (relatively) recent story posts were genearlly built like that

Because then you drown in plotholes and everyone tries to drag the story in every direction at once, while events happen based on who posts when IRL rather than realistic character reactions. =(

That is possible.

Please do so. Something like "Trying to revamp day 5! Let E-mouse know where your group is planning/would have been planning to go after the morning water ablutions." I guess?

EDIT: Topic is now "HEY GUYS REMEMBER THE RP? Organizing a Day 5 redo/revamp/detailization: Tell E-mouse where your group heads after water ablutions!"

Well I unfortunate solified my day 5 events because people like me (and others) got seperated from the main group due to those IRC co-op sessions unless we are going to act that shadow attack and necofication and mahjong yakuza thing is not going to happen. That killed day 5 terribly, so please refrain from doing that again. (Which reading from Mouse's post we are not going to do that.

Yeah... some of the semi-solo stuff like Taihou and Jalal's antics could be kept, but if you'd rather end up involved in the major events and drop/redo that part, that's definitely possible, even preferable for inclusion purposes. And I think the major events of the Mahjong incident should be kept as-is, though an actual-posts retelling or bullying someone into making a compilation is probably a good idea. (I at least hope it isn't as intimidating an idea as compiling the rest of the day.)

This is the reason why I made the Mima fight happen in the midnight. And please don't make me redo 30 pages of story again :V

I'm pretty sure we can't fuck that up unless other people would insist on being present for it, which can be worked around. That was well-executed even if I have commentary to add from Midori's perspective (some eon) and I definitely think it can be kept - should, even, since it's actually after the main mess and doesn't directly rely on specific details from it, as far as I can remember.

Either way: Folks, mention where your group would be inclined to go after water ablutions Day 5: Back to the shrine for breakfast, out to town for X reason, search for another group to talk to them for whatever reason and go where they plan to, or whatever else would work best.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:26:11 PM by Hatate Himekaidanbooru »

mad

« Reply #775 on: March 20, 2010, 01:14:45 AM »
What's getting cut?

also,

Yeah... some of the semi-solo stuff like Taihou and Jalal's antics could be kept, but if you'd rather end up involved in the major events and drop/redo that part, that's definitely possible, even preferable for inclusion purposes.

All of it can stay?

Perhaps groups for the planned events could be organized in this thread.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #776 on: March 20, 2010, 01:43:00 AM »
Oh we're back now? Never lost faith but kept my shit on hold.

I STILL need to get some shit straight with Team Makai and Spidercats, but I'm working on it none the less...well Spidercats is straight I guess, just my main team. As for where the teams go after water albutions...I need to try and remember back that far...my memory is shit.

Lucky Strike I have all set for whatever. If we're still going through with the invasion then I have a post all set leading up to it, if not, then I'll re-write everything and shit. This said, I hope I'm not the only RAI guy gearing up for action here.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

LordVant

« Reply #777 on: March 20, 2010, 01:51:01 AM »
Go into town and link up with the rest of the crew? That was my plan for you anyway.
Hmm....maybe...I'll stick with me getting Orange...but I guess I could work around into the city...ehehehe, this should be quite interesting~

FIGHT!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #778 on: March 20, 2010, 02:13:30 AM »
What's getting cut?

All of it can stay?

That has yet to be determined, in fact, but it'll probably end up being an extended refresher for Day 5 so that it's actually posted out instead of minimalized into the security report MTG posted; that killed our momentum, bad.

The people that missed the main co-post fiasco, like that case, have the choice of either dropping what they've already done to join the main retelling (or group up with some others to try and make their segments include other groups while keeping the same/similar flow of events), or sticking with what they have for the time being.

Perhaps groups for the planned events could be organized in this thread.

Yeah, that's one of the main things I'd like to do. Likewise, I'd like to stress that you don't have to be at every major event, and it's possible to make some small relevance while doing other 'trivial' things like shopping, especially if you focus on social aspects instead of getting into fights.

I STILL need to get some shit straight with Team Makai and Spidercats, but I'm working on it none the less...well Spidercats is straight I guess, just my main team. As for where the teams go after water albutions...I need to try and remember back that far...my memory is shit.

Yeah, there's a lot to sift through. The water ablutions end after MTG's triple kombo here to get an idea.

Hmm....maybe...I'll stick with me getting Orange...but I guess I could work around into the city...ehehehe, this should be quite interesting~

Earlier contact with Vant could definitely be worked with, and would probably be welcome, especially for those that don't get into the train mess (since there's not much else important going on at that point).

EDIT: On second thought, that could have a little trouble with what's happened with Rabbit. Maybe not; it'd have to be worked out with him.

On a similar note, was that Graveyard escape ever fully worked out? I don't recall what happened to the guy with the other Prismrivers.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:23:26 AM by Hatate Himekaidanbooru »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #779 on: March 20, 2010, 01:18:55 PM »
As I've been mentioning, I'm far more accessible on IRC (on the official channel, my nick is TranceHime, I'm usually under AtyHime or LadyAty on touhou-meido) so if you need to discuss anything regarding my characters I'll generally be there instead of posting stuff in the discussion thread, unless people absolutely MUST have tangible evidence that I care >_>