Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Story Thread)  (Read 149170 times)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Story Thread)
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2009, 09:06:50 PM »
Junes deparment store, 11.00 AM, Day 2,

"We've got them! They're cornered in the confectionary aisle!" One of the gangsters shouted back to his group, earning him cheers and whoops of encouragement.

"It's a narrow corridor. They won't be going anywhere." The lead goon said. "They've been picking us off one by one, but it ends here! you have nowhere left to run!"

"Oh really?" Yoh stood in the middle of the corridor, feet apart, as if ready to take them all on by himself. "Question, are you all feeling lucky today?"

"Euh...?" The goons looked around at their boss for answers. Prey weren't supposed to stand up and chat to them and ask them difficult questions. They were supposed to run off in fear and allow themselves to be used as doormats.

"Because we're havings a huge offers on KABOOMS!" Marisa shouted from atop a nearby shelf, making sure the goons looked up to meet their doom...in the form of cute frilly egg-shaped projectiles....

....which, upon collision with their faces, caused explosions of epic (and very colourful) proportions, promptly knocking them out. Those who escaped the explosions didn't manage to escape the huge sticky goo that came with the explosions. It stuck to them with the stubborness of a vampire and the maddening sticky sliminess of Rinnosuke's business smile. They stuck to the ground, stumbled, fell on top of one another, stuck to each other, and groaned.

"Death by chocolates ze!" Marisa laughed heartily as the rest of the yakuza tried to climb over their sticky-chocolate-tar-covered comrades, only to get caught in the tar trap and become one with the mess. 

"Throw your jackets and stuff over the fallen and cross!" The leader roared mercilessly, ordering his mean to use the fallen as stepping stones. But just as the first of the men climbed over the heap of bodies, they were thrown back by the impact force of a fast, sleek projectile, before being pinned into the ground by a shuddering knife. The next person in line has his collar impaled by a huge camping pike.

"More where that came from." Sakuya said, holding a knife between each finger.

"And next I'll aim for something that will be more difficult and painful to stitch up..." Reimu added, fingering a camping pike between each finger. "Demon sealing needle!" She cried, running forwards and throwing another set at another wave of yakuza. "Taka-kun, now!"

"Let's go! Shock and awe, people!" Mitaka shouted as Meira and Taihou leapt ouf ot he gloom above the shelves, downing two yakuza with their landing, before proceeding to bring down more with sheer brute force.

One of the yakuza barely had time to overcome the shock as the maid girl before him fired a rocket punch at him. Before he knew it, he was keeling over from the punch. The leader, seeing another rocket punch coming, managed to dodge it and catch it with one hand. He smiled a victorious smile at the maid as he began to pull on the metal wire connecting the fist to the girl's arm.....only to find that the maid girl wouldn't budge. Did she really weigh a ton?!

"Mitaka-san!" Ruukoto shouted, giving the metal wire a sharp tug, causing the unfortunate yakuza to fly towards her.

"Yes, Ruukoto-chan?" Mitaka turned around just in time for the butt of his shinai to come into intimate contact with the flying yakuza's face. "Oh? He was in a hurry, wasn't he?"

"Keep up the pressure!" Sakuya shouted as she, Reimu, Taihou, and Meira charged forwards at the faltering ranks of the yakuza.

"think again!" The frontmost Yakuza shouted. "Men, we've got orders! Firearms are go!"

With a flurry of clicks of cocking guns, the team found themselves running at a shooting gallery with assorted brandished barrels.

"HYAAH!" A voice came from behind. Reimu, Sakuya, Taihou, and Meira ducked just in time as four small, frilly little dolls flew over them on silver lines....

...before exploding in the faces of the line of yakuza in a huge ball of smoke, throwing them into pained confusion.

The silver lines didn't stop there. They were flying all over the place, snapping guns right ouf the yakuza's hands. When they finally recovered while still nursing their burnt faces, they found themselves weaponless, their former weapons falling clattering at the feet of Alice, wielding fine fishing lines flowing gracefully from each finger.

But before they could take in more, a blur of red and white was already dashing low towards them. Before they knew it, they had been swept off their feet by a low sweeping kick.

Reimu Hakurei never fights fair.

The next line of yakuza, still shocked by how fast their comrades were falling before them, were awestruck like deers in a headlight as an even smaller figure sailed down towards them, its face contorted into a furious, dangerous grin of delight.

Suika was as good as her promise. Her flail struck true, awfully true, crushing down anyone in her way. The flails came around time and time again, striking down any foolish mortal stupid enough to remain standing or attempt trying to get back up after the first insult.

The next wave of yakuza stared dumbstruck at the little girl who was slowly piling up bodies in a neat circle around her. They were so absorbed that they failed to notice a madman waving a shinai over his head charging towards them from one flank, and a young girl in black with a broomstick coming from the other. They never did, really. Because a set of fishing lines tripped their feet up from under them, and before they knew it, they were being pummeled in the face with the business-end of a shinai and a broom.

Needless to say, they folded like a deck of cards under the pincer-assault.

"Phew...." Mitaka wiped his sweat as they surveyed the madhouse around them. They had brought the fight to the center of the store. Taihou, Sakuya, Reimu, and Meira were cleaning their respective sides while Yoh was attempting to calm Suika down. "Is that everything?"

"Think again." There were clicks as guns cocked in their direction. Small pinpricks of red light dotted the group, giving them what looked like a case of mobile measles. The laser pointers were a rather pointless addition. It was rather difficult to miss when you've got your gun an inch away from the target's teeth.

"Err....can we talk this out, nicely...?" Mitaka ventured, grinning nervously.

"MAKE WAY FOR THE BADASS FREAKIN' OVERLOOOORDD!" A voice roared over the sound of a revving engine. The yakuza turned around just in time to be blinded by a pair of xenon headlights. Above it, standing proud with his arms crossed behind the driver's seat, was Owlbear, cape flying, mad grin shining, makai harem holding onto him for dear life.

"YEAAAAAAAAH!" ThirtyFour roared as the buggy leapt over an upturned cart, sailed through the air, before bowling over the yakuza gathered in the store's center.

"Mitaka, now!" A voice came from above as Iku swept over the group, carrying a fire-extinguisher-totting Hiroko. She emptied the contents over the yakuza, creating a convenient smokescreen, before dumping the empty canister on the head of a yakuza who was stupid enough to stick his head out of the fray.

"GIVE US BACK OUR BUGGY!" A woman shouted from atop a pursuing buggy. "By my name, the great pirate RIA, I will make you pay!" She shouted, ploughing over a few more unfortunate yakuza as Mitaka and the group escaped under the cover of the extinguisher spray.

"What on earth...?!" Another wave of yakuza had entered, only for their jaws to drop at the fray before them.

"Oh, look, a moe girl in a santa costume!" A voice within their ranks pointed out. The yakuza immediately followed the outstretched finger. "Where?!"

"In your dirty minds, morons." Sho muttered as he snuck away.

"Ruukoto!" Mitaka shouted.

"Yes!" Ruukoto held out a hand in the way of the buggy bearing the great pirate Ria.....

...causing the buggy to come to painfully abrupt stop, crunching the metal like cornflakes. The inertia of the buggy caused it to twist painfully while flying over the outstretched arm before bouncing violently across the store, shedding nuts and bolts and the odd tire towards the group of yakuza, while sending its occupants flying into the confectionary stand...

...thereby disturbing the hungry ghost occupying said stand, much to her great annoyance. And Yuyuko Saigyouji didn't like being annoyed, especially when she was stuffing her face. She made that clear to the offending pirates by giving them a very withering look of maternal wrath before lecturing them, in the disapproving voice of a very dissapointed mother, on common manners regarding interrupting others when they are in the middle of appraising the variety of eclairs of a new world.

Meanwhile, the bouncing buggy had crushed the amassed Yakuza and left a trail of limp bodies in the wake of its flight.

"We're heading out!" Mitaka shouted to the others. "Ruukoto!"

"Hai!" Ruukoto grabbed the overturned buggy, heaved, and spun it round and round before tossing it towards the open entrance. It crashed with an overwhelming screech of twisted tortured metal before cruising forwards, kicking up a wave of sparks as it made its way towards the waiting gangsters outside.

With a deft leap Ruukoto landed atop the buggy, before reaching out and grabbing Mitaka's hand. With a running jump and a little help from Ruukoto and Mitaka team FUBAR, team Combat Butler, and team Akasaki managed to climb onboard the wrecked-buggy's final cruise. They bowled over yakuza members left and right and trampled any unfortunate enough to stand in their way. Marisa, Mokou, Meira, and Suika whooped in excitement, swinging their respective weapons about at anything still standing, like war goddesses riding down with an apocalyptic storm. Any survivors were quickly stomped over by the stampede of the angry beave, otherwise known as team 'Badass Freakin' Overlord', team Ghostbuster, team Tank, and team Jealousy Fever that followed in the buggy's destructive wake.

Outside the store....

"Ryoji-san..." An enforcer whispered in big boss Ryoji's ear. "...about those shrine people..."

"Got them, have you? You didn't kill all of them, did you? Are they on their way out?" Ryoji asked from where he lay in his convertible, lowering his shades with an expectant grin.

"They are on their way out, but...." The enforcer murmured, looking around worriedly. The other yakuza, having been given orders to stand their ground and watch the store, were starting to question said orders seriously in favour of their immediate health. There was an unspoken concensus that a wrecked buggy speeding towards them, spitting sparks, bearing a mad group of girls, followed by an even madder group of girls, might not be conducive to their health.

...getting trampled by girls was definitely not covered by their health plan, that's for sure...

"...but now the way we expected them to come out...err...you might want to get out of the convertible, sir..." The enforcer gulped nervously. "....as soon as you can..."

"What on earth are you babbling about, man? Spit it...." Ryoji looked over his sunglasses at the approaching buggy and its mad-looking passengers. "...oh..." Realization and horror dawned on his face.

"Where were you Mokou, Keine?!" Taihou shouted over the excited whoops and the screams of terror.

"Getting this ready." Mokou said, showing Taihou the two huge sacks of flour they had with them.

"What is this...?" Taihou began, before shock and horror drained the blood from his face. Any reasonable butler knew how much destruction could be wrought with a good sack of flour and an open flame....

"Ruukoto, toss this, please." Mokou said to the maid, who merely complied without question.

The two bags of flour trailed a puffy trail of flour as it sailed towards the center of the amassed group of yakuza. Eyes followed it as it flew....

"Flying Phoenix, Burning Flour Mill version..." Mokou murmured, before tossing a well aimed ball of fire at the sacks of flour...

Meanwhile....onboard a passing train...

"H-huh, wha...?!" Sanasan was shaken awake by a dull kaboom that rattled the train's windows. He blinked blearily, wondering what on earth happened as his eyes scanned over the confused looks of his fellow passengers.

"Hey, I think we missed our stop." Sanasan said, yawning. It seems everyone had fallen asleep from the exhaustion from the previous bout of excitement. "...Renko? What happaned to your GPS?" He asked, shaking Renko.

"Huh, wha...?!" Renko gasped, looking around in panic. "Uhh....sorry, I was dreaming about Maribel...uhh...what happened?"

"Uhuh..." Sanasan nodded, looking up at where the train would be stopping next. "Nothing for it. We'll have to take a train back at the next station."

"Psst, did you hear? I heard there was a commotion at the mall." One passenger whispered to another.

"Yes, I heard there was a shootout. The Yakuza were involved."

"Tough, isn't it. The police won't stand up to them either. I wonder who they're terrorizing this time.'

"Probably the manager of Junes. They said he's been trying to gather the community to stand up against the yakuza. Poor man."

"Something's going on at the department store." Sanasan said.

"Wait, weren't those people from this morning going shopping there?" Renko asked.

"Oh yes....hmm...trouble seems to follow that strange group for some strange reason..." Sanasan said.

"Huh, whatata...?!" Jeremy snapped awake. Chen, who had been snoozing on his head, leapt awake and clawed into his head for support, causing Jeremy to yelp in a brief pang of pain.

"...is it breakfast time yet...?" Yukari murmured, blinking blearily.

"So it applies to partners too, huh? Birds of a feather flock together." Sanasan sighed. "Well...it's just that..."

His words were interrupted by the sudden bang of something landing atop the train's roof. It was accompanied by the abrupt appearance of a huge dent in the ceiling...followed by another loud bang with an even bigger dent.

"What one earth?!" Jeremy muttered as the passengers in the train scrambled in panic.

...up above the train...

"You're all dead, you hear me?!" Ryoji shouted, his broken glasses hanging askew on his face as he climbed out of  his battered convertible which had been thrown high into the air, only to land, by pure chance, atop a train passing under a nearby bridge. The wrecked buggy had been thrown into the air too, along with its company of madmen, only to land right behind the battered convertible. He brandished a golden gun at the crew.

Meanwhile, behind them, the rest of team Gensokyo had leapt off the bridge and down onto the train in pursuit, with team Jealousy Fever flying a short way behind them, only to stop short at the sight of the gun.

"That's right...." Ryoji muttered. "this is where it ends. Enough fun and games. You mess with Yakuza, you mess with...."

"Oy, whenever I open my eyes, it's you people again..." Jeremy shouted up at the group from an open window.

"Jeremy! Pull the emergency brakes!" Mitaka shouted down at their only hope.

"What?" Jeremy looked around at Ryoji...and understanding dawned. "Oh, ok. Chen?"

Chen leapt onto the emergency brakes pulley and pulled.

"Everyone, hang onto something!" Everyone atop the buggy held tightly onto the buggy while Ruukoto safely anchored it to the train with her rocket punch. Everyone else fell flat onto the roof and found a handhold.

The train jerked to an abrupt halt, just as it was passing atop a bridge spanning a large river that fed Lake Suwa.

"Wh-wh-WHOAH!" Ryoji was thrown off balance as his convertible flew forwards off the train, toppling over in midair, trapping him underneath it, before falling with a heavy splash in the river.

"YEAH!" Everyone cheered. But a little too soon....

...as everyone too lost their hold and slipped head first into the cold, icy deeps...

Later, at Amarillo's at around 4.00 PM, just before Amarillo left for her groceries...

(OOC: I skimmed over Nemoma's posts and found nothing that suggests that Amarillo may NOT have had visitors, so bear with me here, it's a forced insertion...)

"And you all swam up here?" Amarillo blinked at the recounting of the bizarre adventure.

"Yeah." Taihou muttered darkly, his bangs matted against his forehead, though the rest of him had dried off in the last 4 hours...

"How did you find us?" Amarillo asked. "I don't think I've told you..."

"Found that spring fairy in the backyard, sitting on the pier by the lake..." ThirtyFour supplied. "Rocket Science." He said, tapping his temple. 

"And what happened to that Ryoji person?" Amarillo asked.

"He didn't die, did he?" Shinki asked, worried.

"No, no..." Owlbear muttered, pressing an icepack he found in Amarillo's freezer to his head. "Unfortunately, I saw him swim ashore a bit further upstream. Would have gone to throttle him...if the rest of his goons didn't come pick him up..."

"I'm going to buy some groceries then..." Amarillo said, rather uncertainly. "Umm...can I get you all anything?"

"Food." Sho said, looking over at Yuyuko. "Lots and lots of food. As much food as you can get."

"And painkillers. Lots and lots of painkillers." Owlbear muttered. "You don't want an angry bear with a headache for a badass freakin' overlord."

"And booze. Lots and lots of booze." ThirtyFour added. "I need to forget how cold that lake was..."

"Where's Mitaka?" Jeremy, who had come over with Sanasan as soon as they could get off the train, asked.

"Gone off to get some clothes for us. We can't continue wearing this stuff, right?" Yoh raised his arms to show them the 'I <3 Karuisuwa' tourist T-shirt he was wearing, one he had gotten from the front of the store. "Sorry, that Jason guy and Lily White said we could wear them while we wait for our clothes to dry." He added nervously to Amarillo.

Amarillo nodded in understanding. "Where is Jason?" She asked, suddenly.

"That Jason guy left when we arrived." Taihou said. "Left a note for you."

"..oh, ok..." Amarillo nodded, before leaving in search of the aforementioned note.

(OOC: ...what an anticlimatic ending...)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 09:11:19 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2009, 11:26:22 PM »
Junes deparment store, 11:30 AM, Day 2

Pirate: CAPTAIN! Are you all right?!?

Ria: I'm fine, it's nothing a little bit of spit can't fix.

Ria got up from the wrecked buggy. This day, she lost two buggies, more than she's ever lost to rival pirates, much less a town raid.

Ria: get the remaining teams back here. We'll haul what scrap we can to the Sky Ray. I have some new ideas for some vehicles.

Pirate: Aye aye, Captain.

Ria: Look at the wreck of a store the other team made. Damn those Yakuza. Damn those newcomers.

Ria was about to swear revenge on them when she remembered that some of those people seemed familiar. She couldn't get that "ze" out of her mind.

Ria: no, it couldn't be. That place was blasted to hell.

Pirate: All teams are converging on the area.

Ria: Take what you can from the electronics.

Pirate: Wait, what about the food? We're low on suppli-

Ria: I'm aware of that. Unfortunatly, we cannot salvage any of the food here, simply because you guys made it into a FUCKING PARKING LOT!!!

Pirate: eep!

Ria: I-*sigh* give me some time to think... That mansion we passed on the way here, did you see any fortifications?

Pirate: No, captain.

Ria: After we get what we can here, return to the Sky Ray.

Pirate: Aye aye, Captain!

Ria got into a remaining buggy and drove to the electronics department.

Ria: (thinking) Was that Marisa? I still have a life debt to pay.

mad

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2009, 11:51:27 PM »
4:10 Shrine Day 2

Jalal paused from his training.

"Whatever for?"

Because he was going to miss the party if he didn't set off for Tourists Helpers now.

"Party? What party?"

The one in which people from Gensokyo will gather together, take count of who is safe, and name the group.

"Okey-doke. A name, huh? I'll suggest the Gensokyo Liberation Army when that topic comes up."

"Who are you talking Jalal?"

"The narrator."

"Oh, him. What did he say?"

"There will be a party at Tourist Helpers and that we should go."

"I hope it won't take too long. I wanted to see first-hand the effects of those tentacle pills."

"Don't worry, this narrator will probably get us back here with enough time to have water sports and a decent nights sleep. I seriously doubt that another narrator will put an insurmontable obstacle to that."

"Isn't that tempting fate?"

"Remila's too busy from what I can tell."

They left for the Shop.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2009, 12:55:58 AM »
6:00 PM, Tourist Helpers, Kitchen, Amarillo

Leaving her first gang of visitors and Lily White in the back of the shop, Amarillo went to the kitchen to prepare supper.

Lily have absolutely no experience with cooking, so it's not very wise to drag Lily into the kitchen, also, she can feed these people some information.

However, there is something that concerns her.

"Now this shop is used as a HQ, however... We must keep our cover... So somebody must manage that shop..."

"But WHO?"

Amarillo have absolutely no experience with shops or business, she was not born for that.

"Ahh, we got martial artist, tank pilot, regular people... No one seems suitable to do business."

Then she heard a loud crash outside the window.

"Now what?" Amarillo opened the window.

"Ouchouchouchouch......." lying on the ground is a male with white hair.

"Oh, wow, you are..." Amarillo gasped. "How did you end up there?!"

So this is EXACTLY the answer that she seek.

Rinnosuke Morichika

The ex-shop-keeper of the antique shop in Gensokyo.

Just the one she is looking for.

Is that Satsuki's doing again?

Whatever.

And it seems Rinnosuke had just recognized who is this girl in front of him, even without her trademark straw hat and jeans.

"You're the kid who had just moved in there.... I believe your name was... Ms.Viridian."

"Just call me Amarillo is fine, now just go in and stay here in the kitchen till I introduce you to everybody else."

"Thanks."

2 minutes later

"So how did you end up here?" Amarillo get Rinnosuke into the room and asked him.

"Well, it's like this......"

Flashback

Rinnosuke noticed the heavily change of Gensokyo and rushed to the shrine.

There is no one there and the portal is going to close.

Without knowing what will happen, he jumped into the portal, and warped to the Hakurei Shrine in the real world.

When GPop and co. is under the assault of these masked figure, Rinnosuke run away, however, he was lost in the forest.

Since his species had gained him the advantage of no mana supply, he is able to stay in the forest for about 6 hours, before an old man called Jason saved him.

Then Jason give him a map, telling him to go to the Tourist Helpers, saying that he can live and work his old job.

So he crossed the forest, according to the directions pointed out on the map, and finally made it to Tourist Helpers.

However, since the window and the door was all shut, he can only go to the window, then he tripped and fall, thus producing a crushing noise.

Flashback END

"That Satsuki..." Amarillo thought.

"So this is a shop?" Asked Rinnosuke.

"Yeah, as you see. And I'm short of a shop keeper."

"Oh, well. It seems that I can do what I need to do."

"And as for the old guy named Jason, you probably won't see him again."

"Eh?"

"Never Mind."

Amarillo looked at the small clock beside her, then returned to her cooking.

"Time is a top factor in cooking, you know."

Rinnosuke sighed "So what did all this mean?"

Amarillo replied "I don't know either. We'll get out a plan tonight. As of you, look after the shop well since you are even worse than me in fighting."

"......"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:04:28 AM by nemoma »

Break anything that stands between you and them!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2009, 07:03:07 AM »
TOURIST HELPERS, 5.00PM event to ~6.00PM
Clear Encount

Hirowaza looked quizzically around at his surroundings, looking at Meira first, she seemed rather pumped from the whole thing. She decided to stay in her dripping wet clothes for some reason. "H, hey... You're going to get sick." Hirowaza said. Meira simply scoffed. "What do you take me for, dear?" she retorted, with some semblance of venom in her voice, but in the end, it was just a small poke at Hirowaza's worrying. The two of them laughed at each other. Meira couldn't help but laugh at what Hirowaza was wearing right now, too. That tourist shirt looked positively ridiculous on the boy with glasses. That Ryoji... Hirowaza thought in his mind. He looks familiar... Sort of... vaguely. I don't know... perhaps I saw him somewhere... He shook his head and closed his eyes for a few moments.

Flashback, few years ago

Hirowaza was around thirteen years of age at this time. He hadn't entered Gensokyo during this time. He was in a far off place where his mother took him, in some sort of parlor. Well, it was more like in the outskirts of Karuisuwa, and inside, the place was dark. There were many automatic Mahjong tables present, and the spectacled boy was sitting at one of them, his mother was in the seat to his left. Opposite him was a suave looking man in a suit, he looks kinda like a slightly younger version of Ryoji now. To his right was another similarly suited man, perhaps the two were in the Yakuza, Hirowaza and his mother didn't know. Well, this parlor was a place where anyone could play to get some quick cash. Hirowaza was quite decent, but nowhere as good as he is at present. Hirowaza looked at the hand he got and game started. After about three hours, the game was over. Hirowaza looked at his tray of point sticks and amassed quite a lot, the two suited men and his mother had all lost. Hirowaza did not cheer but instead nodded off and collected the money from them. The guy opposite him, who looked kinda like Ryoji, almost... almost glared. Somehow, there was respect in their faces.

Flashback end

"It's funny..." Hirowaza said idly. "That Ryoji guy... I've seen him before."

Meira tilted her head. "Mmn?"

"Yeah... When I was younger. Played some Mahjong with the feller, but I didn't know who he was at the time."

"...I see."

"Yeah... Just an idle thought. Make nothing of it."

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2009, 01:49:28 PM »
Tourist Helpers, 5.20 PM, Day 2

"10.000 yen on it being a plan to unify all consciousness into one huge pool of primordial goo." Owlbear said, adding money to the rapidly growing pile on the table.

"5.000 yen on it being a great plan to increase food production through infusing crops and livestock with mana." Yuyuko said.

"Oy, that's mine!" Sho cried. "Ugh...2.000 yen on it being a plan for world domination" He muttered.

"5.000 yen on pooling the mana to make WMDs as a first step in creating a war economy." ThirtyFour said, planting his contribution.

"2.000 yen on it being a plan to call ponies, pixies, dragons, and other magical beings into existence!"

"10.000 yen on a diabolical plan to summon dark gods from another universe." Hiroko suggested excitedly.

"5.000 yen on a plan to destroy the universe and rebuilt it as she sees fit." Sanasan suggested.

"10.000 yen on it being a plan to destroy the universe, period." Taihou said simply, bolstering the pot further.

"5.000 yen on it being revenge against Reimu." Jeremy said. "Another 5.000 yen on it being a plan to fuel a counterattack against a powerful multi-dimensional foe."

"15.455 yen on them doing it just because they can." McWallace, who had just walked in, said. "hello there, did I miss anything?"

"What is this about, anyway?" Eirin asked, bemused.

"Betting on why someone would want to destroy Gensokyo." Owlbear shrugged.

"4.000 yen on plain insanity." Iku said from where she sat in a comfortable corner. "Hiroko will pay it."

"HEY!"

"isn't this bad taste?" Eirin sighed. Then she looked over the group assembled, blinked, and added 'I forgot who I'm talking about..." She sighed.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2009, 02:14:34 PM »
- - -
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:35:23 PM by Helepolis »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »
TOURIST HELPERS, 5:30 PM, prior-event

Hirowaza shuffled around his pants and procured a single ivory... tile, of some sort. Something was printed on it. It looked reminiscent of 發 except it was very stylized. The back side of the tile where nothing was printed was a plain ochre, except some of it was stained red, it had discoloured due to exposure to oxygen, and had become tainted, a brownish-red. He looked at it longingly. Meira tilted her head, but knew not to disturb her Yoh-kun in such sentimental matters as this. She learned quite a lot about Hirowaza, and knew to respect his privacy as he respected her's.

"There's something I gotta tell you, Meira-san..." Hirowaza said. "I'll be frank."

"What is it, Yoh-kun?" she replied in an interested fashion.

"I'll tell you, but you cannot... Well, try to keep it a secret. If you don't... It's fine. I'll deal."

"I swear by my blade, I will not spread such things!"

"Well, then." Hirowaza cleared his throat softly. He whispered into Meira's ear. "I will prepare a gambit to help the cause, but it will be of my own volition, I'd rather they not know about it. It involves what I'm holding in my hand right now. If you let anyone know, you will endanger them, and I would not stand for that." Meira nodded approvingly.

This gambit... It was a gamble, but Hirowaza was used to those.

TOURIST HELPERS, 6:02 PM

Hirowaza held off on food for the meanwhile, though he was visibly hungry. He looked idly at everyone else present, then turned to see Meira. He didn't seem particularly annoyed that Yuyuko had devoured so much food already, as evidenced by the reactions of many other people at the table, including Meira herself. Meira was also visibly hungry, moreso than Hirowaza, and had already started getting what wasn't already taken by that gourmet of a ghost... "...I'm... ...No, now's not the time." Hirowaza muttered. While she was chewing her food, Meira said a hearty "Yoh-kun, whass-wrong?" Hirowaza simply flashed a smile at her and shook his head. Nothing wrong, Meira... he thought in his head. Nothing wrong... with anything but me.

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2009, 03:49:03 PM »
Alex and Lily black's room in the shrine 8:40 to 8:45 PM

Alex had woken from a short rest and was limping about.

"Alex you sould be resting" Daiyousei said

"nah i'm well enough to move" Alex says he hops around a bit but then "ooooh ouch..well maybe not well enough for massive activty."

Lily black then said "well i sent a message to sis to tell the others of what has happened to us and that you seem to be ok my dear."

Alex replyed "very good my dear they are probably wondering about our status after the gunshot which i'm sure they heard."

Suddenly they heard a noise of a shouting voice saying "WERE ARE YOU WISE ASS MARTIAL ARTIST I'LL RIP YOU TO SHREDS FOR KILLING MY BROTHER AND HIS PALS"

the 3 fairys rushed into the room "its a yakuza member he must of somehow followed you here." says Star sappfire

"What do we do your not in real shape to fight right now." sunny milk says

Alex thought about this as much has he wanted to try to prove them wrong his body was indeed not in the shape needed to fight his chest still hurts alot enough to be a distraction that can be a fatal one in a fight.

"i'm not totally unable to fight but i'm severely handicapped right now we'll need to ambush him to to have a good chance of beating him without risking you girls or further injury to myself." Alex says.

Then he sees what looks like a glint in Lily black Dayousei and the 3 fairys eyes.

Lily black with sly voice "I think we can manage that right girls."

they whisper in alex's ear of their plan alex responds after listening to it "heh heh i like it..lets do it."

Alex and the fairys scatter about to carry out their plan.

the Yakuza man has made it to the floor of the inn were Alex and the fairys were huffing and puffing after a long stairclimb up

"man were are the elevators in this dump don't people know that elevators are needed now?." he thinks to himself.

"WERE ARE YOU MARTIAL ARTIST THE CIVILLANS I BEAT UP FOR THE INFO OF WERE YOU WENT SAID THEY LAST SAW YOU GOING IN THE DIRECTION OF THIS PLACE." he shouts once he regained his breath from the flight of stairs.

instead of people responding he's met by the sound of what sounds like girls giggling.. giggling in a really creepy way.

"man that shit is giving me the creeps who knew that little girls can sound so creepy" he thinks to himself but he presses on

Elsewere Lily and Daiyousei and Sunny milk were preparing "nice" things for the yakuza man while alex watched.

"good thing i can give them just enough mana to give them some form of usage of their powers." Alex thought.

Alex noted that Daiyousei seemed to be preparing a "black" ice trap using her ablity a limited version of cirno's ice powers basicly manipulation of frost.

Luna child was using her manipulation of sound to make her giggling sound really creepy.

Sunny Milk was preparing a light show Alex hoped the poor yakuza wasn't photosenstive because boy knowing the 3 fairys history of pranks this could get really ugly

Star sappfire's ablity of keen and accurate motion detection is proving a nice ablity for the situation again "he's still a floor below us Luna's creepy sound play didn't scare him off ok sunny get ready for your act" she says

Luna child stops her act "ah poo that usally gets people going." she says

Star sapphire says "hes coming close hide everyone Sunny get your act going"

Meanhile the yakuza man finally gets to the floor Alex and co are on he's still disturbed by the creepy giggling but he keeps checking.

"no child tricks are gonna stop me from finding you." he thinks to himself...or would he then slips on Daiyousei's "black" ice

"WHAAAAAAAAAAH" the man says.

He falls on his back through a table making a racket.

"ow" he says has he gets up then spots what he first sees and thinks is a little girl with hair thats blonde and is curled up into what looks like drill.

"HEY girl have you seen a martial artist."

"Who cares if i have i don't speak to losers like you hahahaha." Luna child laughs has she runs away

"WHY YOU" the Yakuza gives chase chasing

"NOW SUNNY NOW!" Luna child says while use her sound manipulation so that only Sunny can hear this.

Luna child enters a room and passes Sunny milk and the Yakuza follows her into it..into a BRIGHT and Flashy light show.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!" The Yakuza holds his hands over his eyes blinded by Sunny's lightshow.

Sunny and Luna child giggle at the Yakuza's misfortune unfortunalty they are have such a kick they don't notice him recover from it and he grabs them.

"Why you runts." he says has he proceeds to try to crush them in his arms but a Blow to his groin makes him drop them.

"OOOOOOOOH" he says has he collapses like a house of cards

"Sir you sould really give up now." says a woman voice It was lily black.

"seriously you sould if these girls of mine are giving you this much hassle then you would already had been dead if i was taking a part in this." Alex entered the view of the yakuza whos still recoiling in pain.

Then the yakuza manages to fight off extreme pain and pulls a gun and aims it at Daiyousei.

"FOOL WE GAVE YOU THE CHANCE NOW YOU WILL REGRET YOUR MISTAKE HEAVENLY DRAGON KATANA FIST: HOT STEEL CLEAVING KNIFE PALM STRIKE" Alex shouts.

Alex with a blur of his fists causes the man's gun hand and gun to have a crtical existance failure the gun falls apart has for his hand it's severed from his arm but since alex doesn't want to leave a mess..yet the strike somehow generates the heat to cauterize and seal the stump so he doesn't bleed to death.

"AHHHHHHHHH MY HAND YOU CUT OFF MY HAND" he screams

"Mister please give up..Alex-san is going easy on you please reconsiter your choices in life." Daiyousei says

The man just turn's pale about faces and RUNs for his dear life out of the shrine

"FUCK THIS SHIT MAN." the man screams like a girl has he runs away.

Alex and the fairys laugh after alex disposes of the yakuza's severed hand.

"Oh man you girls are something else honestly i never expected it to go that well." Alex says

"So why did you let him live?" Lily black asks

"Even if he reports back to his higher they probably won't listen to his story and will probably even laugh at him for being beaten by little girls" Alex chuckled a bit

the 3 fairys are also amused "yeah he probably won't be taken seriously for it would be like if that ice fairy would acually beat someone like the Red and White no one would believe her."

"Girls lets go to the others they are probably worryed about us and probably want to see if i'm really ok" Alex says

"You sure you can travel that far Lily white did tell me the directions but its a bit of a walk from here." Lily Black says

"Of course!" Alex replys

With that Alex and the fairys clean up the destruction and head over to the Tourist Helper.

They arrive and enter it at 8:45

"Hey guys i'm here and ALIVE AND WELL" Alex says

Hey our wings have returned Says the 3 fairys

"Mine too" says Daiyousei

Lily black reachs a back and sure enough her set of angelic wings have also returned

"weird what is this place i just have enough mana to give the girls some usage of their powers but not enough to give all 5 of them their wings back." Asks Alex

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2009, 06:11:14 PM »
TOURIST HELPERS 9:00 PM Day 2, All the teams currently at the place

Amarillo walked into the room and see everyone had finished their supper.

She looked around to check the people that were there, including Mikata's team, Alex's team and the other people. Then she sat down between them.

"So I have nothing to comment on at the moment, actually I just being dragged here by one of my old friends and I have that shop. It looks like a regular shop, however, after I checked it it is not only a shop."

"As you see the shop is a three-floored building plus an attic. I will live in the attic in order to shorten my cooldown time a little."

"There are four rooms on each of the floors, however, the first level is always used as shops, which is the cover of the true usage of this place."

"And this place will be managed by Rinnosuke, who had just fell down outside of my window some time ago."

She can hear the crowd burst out whispers like "Mannosuke?!" or "Lionclothes?" However she didn't and don't want to know what it means.

So she continued.

"As we are both aware, there is somebody, or more than somebody out there, trying to destroy our life, they had already destroyed Gensokyo. and now they are aiming at us!"

"I hate fighting, I don't want it. However I don't want to die here. I believe your thoughts are the same."

"As long as I'm here, all fairies could use their power to a full extent. For others, you should able to pull out about 25% of your original power. " She looks at the fairies sitting around Alex, who are still amazed at the wings which had grown back. "However, Some extents of the ability is not stable, The ESP part was cut weak so greatly that it's nearly unuseable."

"As I'm not very fond of fighting and leading, I just want to point out some ideas, then if others have something to say, they can do so."

"Firstly, the enemy is in groups, so we can't separate. I'll go with the fairies since I have no problem powering them up. Also, it's stated in MMORPGs that a Fighter should always team up with a Mage."

Noises of giggling can be heard in the crowd.

"Well, We should have a name too. I have a urge to name it as "Earth Federation Army" but It's not the best naming of course. "

"I've already said too much, If the others have something to say, just go ahead." Amarillo finished her speech and sat down.

(PS. She's not that talkative, This is only a need for the story *Sweatdrop*)

mad

« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2009, 06:21:25 PM »
Continues from above.

"Does Rinnosuke still grasp that flame he was famous for?"

No Jalal the author who brought in Rinnosuke decided to strip him of that power.

"What?"

Jalal turned to Rinnosuke.

"What?!? Where is you manliness? Your bravery? What happened to the man I used to know? Unafraid to be himself? Where is the man who swore to me 'When Jeremy gets the drill that pierces the heavens, I shall wear it as a codpiece'? Where is he and what have you done with him?"

Rinnosuke and the others could only sweatdrop. Jeremy shivered.

"You said that in MMORPGs there must be a fighter mage team. How about a party this big? Also, how do we know this place isn't bugged?"

A wave of unease covers the group.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2009, 06:25:46 PM »
Continue from above

"Eh, one thing." Amarillo turned to Jalal, "As I move in here, the house isn't bugged, and what's more is that the original owner, Jason, seems is a fake identity. His true form is known as a CERTAIN Gensokyo Resident that have been written out in history. So this place is safe. Also, even the Internet here has been encrypted. So basically this is the safest place within 1km around there."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:16:42 PM by nemoma »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2009, 10:20:32 PM »
A modest little clothing store in Karuisuwa's Market Avenue, a very short distance away from Tourist Helpers and the Saniwa shrine, 5.20 PM, Day 2

"Marisa...you are NOT wearing that apron." Mitaka sighed as he added another random one-size-fits-all T-shirt to his pile of purchases. This one had Barney the dinosaur on it....oh well...

"But it has a big 'M' on its!" Marisa argued, as if it was all the reason she needed to wear it.

"The point is to not attract attention." Mitaka said. "Your huge 'M' DEMANDS attention."

"...I hate you..." Marisa stalked away into the changing room.

"Suika, what on earth is that?" Mitaka sighed in utter despair as Suika stepped out of her changing room and twirled in front of him, seeking his approval.

"My new threads, duh." Suika said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. But to call it 'threads' was stretching the definition of fasion a little too far. "I looked it up. It's called Harajuku style. See, I did my homework!" Mitaka was no fasion expert but he knew Suika's choice in clothes screamed 'fashion victim' in one long bloodcurdling scream, the sort of scream murder victims give out before finally writing out a message in blood, perhaps one that said 'Walking Fashion Disaster'. She had a frilly gothic black dress worn over a pair of jeans with a huge white imitation fur coat over the top, topped off with many bead necklaces and chains.

".....I'm taking over." Mitaka muttered darkly, dropping his purchases on the cashier counter in front of the bewildered shopkeeper. He pulled Suika by one hand, started picking things off the racks with another, before stalking off towards a changing room with a protesting Suika in tow.

"Where's Taka-Taka?" Marisa asked Alice, coming out of her changing room, having finally settled on a pair of baggy black trousers, a white cotton long-sleeved turtle-neck top, with a plain black utility-vest to match. A large black barrett with with a white pair of aviator goggles topped off the look.

"Went off with Suika." Alice said shortly, still absorbed in choosing her outfit. "...Marisa...? What on earth....?" Alice gaped as she finally noticed the affront to females that was Marisa. "What have they done to you, Marisa?!"

"Looked throughs some of the magazines over theres and saw a lot of young peoples wear stuffs like this." Marisa shrugged. "Looks nice."

"....MEN wear that, Marisa, not girls!" Alice pointed out in sheer exasperation.

"Reallies?" Marisa cocked her head to one side, hands in her pockets. "Easies to move in toos." She added. "I likes it, simple and efficients."

"Whatever..." Alice sighed, stomping off towards a changing room, muttering something along the lines of '...never catch me looking like a boy...fashion wreck....tomboy...'.

"Oh, Marisa, what do you think?" Reimu asked as she stepped out of her changing room.

Marisa whistled appreciatively. Reimu was quite dazzling in her new red one-piece long denim dress, styled like an overall, with a white long-sleeved woolen v-neck top and a pair of white denim trousers under it. A pair of red and white sneakers completed the look. "Nice, Reimus." Marisa nodded with approval.

"Oh, good show, you two." Mitaka nodded with approval as he came back towards them. "Reimu, on your first try too. Where'd you pick that up?"

"Just mixed and matched." Reimu shrugged.

"Prodigy..." Marisa coughed.

"C'mon, Suika, strut your stuff." Mitaka said encouragingly at Suika who was hiding behind him, a little embarassed.

"I look like a doll..." She muttered, doing her best to sink into Mitaka's shadow.

"No you don't. You look cute." Mitaka sighed. "C'mon." He dragged her out for the others to see.

"Nice." Marisa whistled.

"Really fitting, looks good on you, Suika." Reimu nodded in agreement.

"R-really...? I don't know...." Suika mumbled to herself, shifting uneasily in the white sleeveless dress and baggy light blue jeans. A pair of white arm-warmers adorned her arms. It was simple, yet stylish, in the same colour scheme as her old clothes. "...Oni are supposed to dress rugged...."

"Looks rugged and manly enough to me, while looking sufficiently cute too." Reimu nodded. "Now, we just have to wait for Ruukoto and Alice."

"As if I'd be any trouble." Alice sighed as she came up from behind. "See? this is what you wear in the outside world."

"...." Everyone gaped in shock. Yes, outsiders did wear long frilly dresses like that....300 years ago...and at cosplay conventions and in Akihabara....

"Too awed to speak?" Alice asked, with a triumphant smile.

"....too shockeds, ze..." Marisa mumbled. "And not in a good ways, daze..."

"Alice, we need to talk." Mitaka finally sighed before dragging a protesting Alice towards a set of discount clothes. Marisa and Suika followed in their wake, eager to witness the fallout.

"Anou, Lady Reimu..." Ruukoto murmured. "Anou, Mitaka-sama told me to try this...."

"Ruukoto?" Reimu gave Ruukoto an appraising look. "I like it, Ruukoto-chan."

"Really?" Ruukoto beamed with delight, proud of her new clothes, a simple blue skirt, a white long-sleeved blouse, a red bow, and a blue cotton vest.

"By the way, Ruukoto-chan, don't call me 'Lady Reimu' anymore." Reimu said.

"I-I b-beg your pardon, my lady?!" Ruukoto gasped.

"We're no longer 'mistress' and 'servant'." Reimu said. "Though we never were to begin with, I suppose." Reimu sighed. "I've always wanted to say this...and I had begun to regret not doing so earlier when our home was destroyed. I don't want to regret it again....so from now on, we're simply sisters, you and I." Reimu blabbered uncertainly. "I mean, we've always been family, from the very beginning, but I want us to be a closer family from now on, especially now that we're out here in the outside world. You and the others are all I have now, so..." Reimu scratched her head absent-mindedly. "Agh! I'm no good at these things. But you understand what I..." Her words were cut off as 1 ton of robotic steel tackled her in the guts.

"UGH! Ruukoto-chan!" Reimu gasped as she tried to pry the crying android off her new dress. "You're wrinkling my dress! Ok, ok, I get it, turn off the waterworks, please!"

"Good to see you two enjoying yourselves..." Alice muttered darkly. "I'm in despair..." She mumbled, sagging.

"you look good." Marisa slapped her on the back. "C'mon, stand up straight."

"I'll just go and pay for everything, shall I?" Mitaka asked as Reimu and Ruukoto got up to give Alice their much-needed fashion appraisal. A simple blue long-sleeved one-piece dress that extended down to her ankles, topped with a white vest and a red bow around her neck, complimented nicely by her usual white and red hairband.

"I've been ruined for marriage..." Alice muttered. "Marisa! You have to take responsibility!"

"But it wasn't just me! Suika was theres as well ze!" Marisa protested.

The bell tinkled, announcing the arrival of new customers.

"Red white? Marisa?" A familiar voice asked.

"....Nitori?" Marisa raised an eyebrow. "How...?"

"If it isn't the kappa...?" Reimu said. "Oh, and Aya's pet." She nodded at Momizi.

"...." Momizi remained silent, her eyes narrowing on the two.

"So you two survived too, huh?" Alice nodded at the two. "Who's your 'master'?"

"Friends of yours?" A white haired man in an overcoat asked.

"No..." Everyone present said almost simultaneously. Well, except for Marisa.

"Come now, we're all comrades in a cause, right?" Marisa said, but the temperature had dropped too far.

"What's...oh..." Mitaka had returned, bags in his hands. "Err...guys?"

"There's only one thing for this." The white haired man sighed. "You..." He nodded at Mitaka. "I'm Austin, you are...?" He asked, extending a hand.

"Mitaka." Mitaka nodded back, grasping the hand in a firm handshake.

"See, we're friends now, so you all have to play nice." Austin said. "...guys?"

Tourist Helpers, 5.40 PM, Day 2

"I'm back." Mitaka called out.

"New clothes!" Everyone dashed up to him and tore at the bags.

"What? Barney the dinosaur?" Hiroko cocked her head to one side.

"This one's bananas in pajamas!" Sho protested. "Mitaka?! What's this..."

"Live with it." Mitaka said. "Finders keepers. Now, what did I miss?" He looked around the cozy living area before adding, "Why are Owlbear, ThirtyFour and McWallace sitting on the couch watching a monster truck destruction derby??

?Why are they growling and grunting at each other?? Alice added.

Owlbear grunted and ThirtyFour wordlessly handed him another beer. McWallace grunted and Owlbear handed him the popcorn.

ThirtyFour grunted again and Owlbear returned an irritated look. Owlbear grunted a reply and ThirtyFour and McWallace nodded their heads. McWallace grunted again, it looked like he was trying to make a point.

The onlookers couldn?t understand anything because the trio had slipped into the primal male mind, where no reason or civility existed, just pure testosterone.

"....poker?" Sanasan suggested something that seemed to make a lot more sense.

"Sure." Mitaka and Austin nodded.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2009, 01:10:24 AM »
(OOC: insert boon here)

Sniper-interrogators entering the Saniwa shrine, ~8.00 AM, Day 2
Participants: Team Drillkumo, 90% of the cast

The rest of the walk back was a little uncomfortable, considering the others' reaction to my outburst.

Yukari, surprisingly, comforted me.

"Well, it WOULD be useful..."

Sort of.

However, all thoughts of psychic power abuse were cut short by finding a slightly-irritated middle-aged man in a business suit standing by the front door of the shrine, watching the procession with a puzzled expression.

I froze in my tracks. "Uh."

"Friends of yours?" he asked, turning to Deodorant.

"Yeah. There's a lot of people that came with us..." Deo... Mitaka replied.

The businessman frowned. "This many without homes..."

I tensed up. That was Deodorant's story? So many would be pretty suspicious to find. Would he just turn us in...?

Apparently not. He sighed and waved us in.

THERE WAS FOOD!

I decided not to ask where it had came from, at least for now, and dug in with complete disregard for manners.

The man introduced himself again, as Saniwa Kyoji. Apparently, he was a corporation owner that had heard about our little break-in to his ancestral shrine.

Ah, so lawsuits instead. That's more escapable, at least...

He seemed highly sympathetic to our plight, but didn't ask any real questions about where we'd come from.

Rather, I remember him saying that it seemed like more than an entire village... with an odd expression crossing his face. I couldn't tell what from the distance I was at, but... I wasn't sure I liked the look of it.

Then, he said that he wanted us to take over the shrine and reopen it for business, if only out of ancestral respect.

My jaw dropped. No. This had to be a trick. There's no possible way.....

Shinki's boytoy asked the glaring question before I could re-hinge my jaw. "Sir, aren?t you being a little too?.trusting?"

It's probably a good thing he asked, or I would have gotten us all killed.

Sa... businessguy chuckled. "I have nothing to lose, boy. The worst that could happen is you people burn the entire shrine down and, honestly, the Saniwa family doesn?t care about this place, as much as I hate to admit it. Besides, you all look like decent folk. The shrine?s powers may have weakened, but it?s still strong enough to reject people it doesn?t agree with. The fact that you?ve spent a night here and survived?that says something."

... I raised my eyebrows. 'Shrine's powers?' From a businessman? I think he knows something he isn't telling us... what was his name again? Sanari?

Wait, that reminds me, where's Satori?

My question was, to a degree, answered by the next speaker. "... Ok, so you want us to reopen the shrine?"

I needed to learn what Koishi's husband's name was. He was a very good signal for when conversations were in our favor.

San... screw it, businessman nodded, and added that the hot springs and dojo would be nice to fix up, too.

He fell silent, looking expectant. Glances flashed around the rest of the room, uncertain.

... Too good to be true. Well... it might be TRUE, but there's probably a catch.

Then again, we don't have any better options at the moment, and a few days would give us some time to look through his history... I swear, if he has any links to Kikuri...

General consensus was to trust the man. He showed some further generosity by just asking us to act as self-regulating employees, rather than throwing the leftover cash at him. And he'd give us some startup cash.

Yyyyyyeah, too good to be true. I'm gonna make sure we?re careful about this...

Discussion started about how to manage the shrine. A few people got up and left. I stuck around, to watch the proceedings... closely.

-----

Top of shrine steps, Saniwa Shrine, Karuisuwa, 8.15 AM, Day 2
Participants: Drillkumo, FUBAR, a few misc others

For some insane reason, Saniwa was willing to entrust me with the key collection for the shrine and environs.

It weighed approximately a fuckton. I found the core drill to be rather bothersome when I was trying to pick it up again with both hands.... I'm going to need to do something about that. Another thing to add to the list.

I REALLY needed to get started on that list.

He handed out some paperwork, and his secretar--

Wait, what?! There hadn't been anyone else with him, how...

... and with a suitcase of cash...

Yeah, definitely starting to think there's more to this guy's strength than money and politics...

Someone expressed their uncertainty, but Saniwa brushed it off by calling our endeavors entertainment.

Well, I can understand that motive, at lea--

I jumped from a loud "BANG" from somewhere. I wasn't quite sure of the source. Adrenalin time!

A black-haired girl rushed up into view on the stairs to the shrine, trailed by a rather misfortunate butler. She exchanged some verbal barbs with Saniwa about selling the shrine.

Like HELL.

The brat (if her voice and hostility were any indication) seemed fairly furious about his refusal to sell, and nearly flipped out at his offer of making a bet between our shrine complex and (apparently) one she had.

One thing that stood out to me was the terms of the bet, which included Saniwa asking for his 'artifacts' back if we won.

Definitely, definitely something to this guy.

The girl... Awasomething, eagerly agreed to the deal, and ran back down the steps.

Kanako was there to greet her.

Wait, WHAT?!

I watched the girls in disbelief as they walked down the stairs, to a... helicopter with an insignia on it. They took off in it.

How... what...

"Cheerful little ray of sunshine, that brat," our benefactor commented, cheerfully. He turned back to our assembly of refugees. "Now, win, or lose the shrine in a year's time."

And he left.

After he was down the first few flights of stairs, I worked my jaw back into position. "So, uh, would anyone like to explain what the hell just happened?"

A moment of silence. They must have been as shocked as I was to see --

"Nah, doesn?t matter. We won?t be here for a whole year." Koishi's husband said.

I resisted the urge to punch him in the face.

"More importantly, wasn't that Kanako?" someone asked.

"Thank you," I hissed.

Yuyuko's manabuddy shook his head. "... nah. Kanako would have recognized us and come up to greet us."

"Are you sure?" I asked, darkly.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. Looked over to see Yukari giving me a disapproving look.

"We've got enough leads to start from."

I looked back for a second, then sighed. "You're right. I should write up that list I've had in mind. Then maybe we won't forget half of them."

She gave my shoulder a pat. The others started to talk over how to split up the inn rooms and cash we'd just gotten.

I resisted the urge to wonder aloud about it being counterfeit. Instead, I looked at Yukari. "Hey, Yukari? You mind sorting this part out for us?"

She waved a hand dismissively. "Sure."

I managed to get my claws on the notebook and pencil Amr... Paula-sniper-handler-person had let us use, and tore out a few pages. I set a page on the back of the notebook and started writing down stuff that I wanted to investigate.

--

KIKURI!
- Mana spring...

SWAT teams
- SWAT rebellion
- Evidence collection?
- Internet revelation plans

Touhou
- Exists?
- Recruitment!
- Panic and chaos~
- ZUN
- Renko, Maribel?
- Yumemi...

Evidence
- Cameras, microphones
- Bodily implanted?
- lol mind reader

Talk with Satori about fact-checking abuse
- Ask about

--

I tapped my pencil on the paper. Chen batted at it. I put it down to scratch her between the ears.

"Silly Chen."

I looked up, to see if Yukari was finished with negotiations. She was flipping through a wad of bills and about half as many people were around, so I assumed yes. And for a while.

"Hey, Yukari? Refresh my memory. What was the shrine owner's name again?"

She blinked down at me. "... that's pathetic."

"I know, my memory sucks. Could you remind me?"

She rolled her eyes. "Saniwa."

I wrote that down. "The little bitch and Kanako were from Awa..."

"AMAkawa." Yukari corrected.

"Right. And the CO the sniper mentioned? Ka...?"

She frowned. Something brushed my arm. I glanced over to see Ran. She turned away from me and pointedly stared at... Suwako?

I started guessing. "Suwako? Frog?... kero. Kagero."

I wrote that down, too, and stroked Ran's back. "Thanks, Ran." She didn't really respond. Hm.

Not much else came to mind at the moment, though... mm. Enough of a list for now. Most of those were rather long-term goals, anyway...

"Right. Let's stop by our room to put this somewhere safe, at least."

... the "our" there made me suddenly feel uncomfortable. I mean, last night everyone was just passed out in the lobby, and we were too tired to really think about...

Yukari grabbed my hand, and pulled me to my feet. "So, should we get you a futon, or work on mana linking?"

I laughed, nervously. "Ah... I'll go with the futon."

Yukari's eyebrows rose. "My, just how prudish are you?"

"It's less 'prudish' and more 'slow in relationships,' but I know what you mean."

I frowned. That reminded me of all the time I spent on the internet looking for...

... hey, wait, where's my laptop?

"Er, short diversion, need laptop."

Yukari covered a smirk with her hand. "Oh my, should I be getting jealous?"

I hesitated.

"... probably."

She clapped a hand on my back. "Not to worry, I've done about the same~"

"Gap voyeurism?"

"Well, I can tell you Reimu wears that sarashi so tight for more than the gaps in her shirt..."

I laughed. So very Yukari. ... it was a relief she didn't seem to mind the implications of my internet obsession.

Ran made a sort of growph-ing noise to catch our attention, and tilted her head at the blue backpack in the corner.

Ah, yes, that's where I left it last night.

I tossed it back on. "Right. Now... er, which room DID you take?"

Yukari held up the room key she was carrying. "107."

I chuckled. First floor, right near the entrance. I should have known. Then again, I'd make about the same choice.

-----

Room 107, Saniwa Inn, Karuisuwa, ~8.35 AM, Day 2
Participants: Team Drillkumo, Backstory

The room seemed to be rather lacking in proper beds. The lone futon we could find was, shall we say, not exactly king-sized.

Yukari smiled. "Oh well, linkage it is!" She yawned. "Goodness, I need a nap."

... I wasn't sure if that was a good idea. I wanted to make use of the day. There was an awful lot to do...

"Well..."

She sighed. "Aren't you tired too?"

"... yeah. But there's a few things we need to take care of as soon as possible."

"Oh? Like what?"

I poked at a rapidly-expanding hole in her sleeve. "A decent set of clothes, for starters."

She scowled. "That's not a problem," she grabbed her clothes at the waist and started pulling her shirt up, "I can just --"

I stopped her. "Uh. And what are you going to get into when you get up?"

Yukari's scowl didn't budge. "Don't you have clothes in there, too? I saw boxers at the shrine!"

"I'm inclined to think that they wouldn't fit you and would make you VERY distracting to passerby when we go to get you some real clothes."

She hesitated. Sighed. "Oh, fine. We'll go get something decent."

"Thanks. Hopefully that won't take too long."

I stowed my backpack away in one of the room's closets, and looked around for a good place to put the List. There didn't seem to be anywhere particularly good, but I guess I could just put it in a corner and weigh it down with something. I mean, I was already carrying something that would...

Oh. There's something I forgot to add. Drillchain.

"Damn my forgetfulness and broken promises." I muttered.

"Now what?" Yukari grumbled.

"Before we go, I want something to put this on." I replied, waving the Drill.

"What, you didn't put it on that list you're obsessing over?"

"Nope!"

... hey, there's a thought.

"... actually, why don't you look it over? I'm sure I forgot more than that."

She frowned for a moment. Sighed. "Okay, why not."

I handed it over for her to look at, and glanced around the room for something that would work as a necklace. Nothing. I'm not entirely sure why I bothered.

"Mana sharing." Yukari said, after a few seconds.

I blinked. "Oh. Right. How did I forget that?"

Her look was downright withering. "When it's essentially our highest priority?"

"It tends not to help when you're dead or kidnapped." I countered. "But you're right, it should only be secondary to security..."

Ran snorted from on Yukari's shoes. We looked down at her, then at each other.

"... especially for their sake."

Yukari nodded.

I stared at the list for a moment, now amended with a large "Mana links!" circled alongside the giant "Kikuri!" But it... really wasn't what was going through my mind.

"I think I'm gonna have trouble with that..."

Yukari ruffled my hair. "We'll figure something out. Now, shall we take care of that clothes shopping so I can get some sleep?"

I kept staring at the list, eyes wandering through the items. "We'll track down some string or something first, but yeah, we should..."

I trailed off.

... trust, right?
---
"... hey, Yukari?"

My serious tone made her hesitate. "... what?"

"... what's your relation to Maribel Hearn?"

She paused. Chuckled sadly. "Trust, right?"

I nodded. "That's what I was thinking, yeah. I didn't want to ask since I thought you'd want it to be a secret, but..."

"I usually would." She sighed. "But it doesn't matter, now." Took a deep breath. Tilted her head back, looking at the ceiling.

"..... back when Gensokyo... at least, the Great Hakurei Barrier, was founded... I had a daughter."

I sat down, crosslegged, and listened.

"Her father was... a wonderful man. Loving, playful, funny... but so weak in battle."

She fell silent.

"What happened to them?" I prodded.

"I... sent them away. Those days, most youkai were very dangerous. Before the spellcard rules, it was a dog-eat-dog world..."

Silence again. I closed my eyes for a moment. Don't think she'll like this question.

"... don't youkai only eat humans?"

A beat of silence. She nodded, slowly. "... yes. He was a human. I sent them to... another world. A land far, far away, past the furthest reaches of China. I hoped they would be safe there."

I filled in the holes. "Safe enough to start a lineage that eventually sent a migrant back to Japan, a hundred years later?"

She smiled, but it wasn't a cheerful one. "Apparently. I found her by chance, on a visit to the outer world. It was frightening how much she looked like me."

"And her power..."

"Mana in the outer world faded quickly after Gensokyo appeared. Maribel wasn't the first to come back. But she's the only one that still had so much mana... and produced it all on her own."

"Inbreeding?" I suggested, and immediately regretted it.

She snickered. "No, probably not."

... phew.

"Too much youkai blood would mostly increase her mana needs, not production. That wouldn't work anyway..."

"A border-watching enigma..." I mumbled, head lowered.

... see the invisible...

"Pretty much."

I looked up at her again. "But, given her similarity to your powers..."

"... and how easily Kikuri managed to circumvent me..."

A loaded silence.

"... shall we tell Renko the bad news?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2009, 02:27:18 AM »
(I'll be honest: I have no idea how to play poker properly, so just bear with me.)

Tourist Helpers, 6:00 PM, Day 2

Mitaka, Austin, and Sanasan were sitting around a table, each trying their best to look nonchalant, with cards in their hands. A bunch of paperclips and other knickknacks were lying in a pile in the middle(money was too valuable to actually risk wagering), and each player had a pile as well. Sanasan and Mitaka were about even, but Austin was clearly good at poker; his pile was twice the size of their piles combined. The others were watching with amusement, with the exception of the three couch potatoes eating popcorn and drinking beer.

"Alright, place your wagers." Mitaka said, as he threw in a pencil.

Austin threw in a roll of tape, and Sanasan wagered a screwdriver. Mitaka looked down at his hand, and decided to take two more cards, discarding two of his. Austin then did the same.

Sanasan looked down at his hand; he had a pair of sixes, a Jack and ace of spades, and a Queen of hearts. Deciding to go for three of a kind, he discarded the queen and jack, and received another six and a five of hearts in return. Mitaka replaced two more of his cards, and Austin kept his hand. Sanasan decided to do the same.

"Alright, as the dealer, I'll show my cards first." said Mitaka, as he revealed his hand; three fives, a six of clubs, and seven of diamonds. Sanasan went next, and Mitaka's face fell. "That's ridiculous. You planned that, didn't you?" Mitaka remarked. Austin then coolly showed his cards; a straight. Silently, he added the screwdriver, pencil, and the tape to his ever-increasing collection.

"...This game must be rigged." Sanasan mumbled darkly.

"No, I think you just stink at card games." Renko said, suppressing a laugh.

"Uh....No, it must've been just that one match. I'll come back. You'll see."

"Riiight." Renko said, rolling her eyes. "Just admit it. You're terrible at card games."

After about two dozen hands, it quickly became apparent that, indeed, Sanasan and card games did not mix well. Eventually, Austin and Mitaka (mostly Austin) were the proud owners of all of Sanasan's pens, erasers, and paper clips. Sanasan threw his cards in defeat.

"Alright, I admit it. I am absolutely TERRIBLE at card games."

mad

« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2009, 02:40:04 AM »
Following previous post.

Jalal, wearing a white shirt with a rooster on it and jeans, made a mental note or Sanasan's weakness at cards. This could be useful(or a liability) at a later date.

He wondered if he could get a double barreled shotgun to complete the look, though he lacked a pot-belly.

He grunted. Thirtyfour passed him another mug of beer.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2009, 02:48:51 AM »
( It's a mortal sin travesty if you don't recognize the game I'm referring to from this post )

TOURIST HELPERS, 6.05 PM, Day 2

Hirowaza made his way to the table where Mitaka and two other fellows were playing cards, or rather, had seem to have finished. One of them seemed to have lost most of his things. He didn't seem very good at the game either, upon further inspection, it seemed that they were playing Poker. Hirowaza had procured his special tile again and heard one of them blare out a "Alright, I admit it. I am absolutely TERRIBLE at card games." Hirowaza sighed wistfully. Well, there were many types of people in this world, like that classic joke (but not really a joke) someone told him years ago. Hirowaza went closer to the table and "accidentally" dropped his tile on the table. "Eheh, whoops. Sorry, I'll be taking that back..." he said softly.

« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2009, 02:57:59 AM »
Poker Game

Austin: hang on, I'll get it for you.

Hirowaza: Oh, thanks. *mumbles*

Austin: You're welcome. Eh? Sanasan, what's wrong? Are you...crying?

Sanasan: No, *sniff* something flew into my eye.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2009, 03:39:41 PM »
(OOC: Why is it that when I'm supposed to be busy, I end up posting more?)

Tourist Helpers, 9.12 PM, Day 2

Austin took a sniff from the bottle and recoiled in disgust.

?What the hell is this?? Austin asked, rubbing his nose to get rid of the smell from the vile smelling liquid. It hadn't been more than 3 hours since the supply of booze had arrived at the small store, courtesy of Amarillo and Lily, and now they were short once more. And there had to be booze at dinner, it was a given. Thus ThirtyFour had offered to get some more...a sample of which Austin was now holding away at arm's length.

?It?s a cocktail.? ThirtyFour said and gulped down half a bottle.

?Cocktail? What kind of cocktail?? Owlbear asked, starring doubtfully at the bottle he had been given in.

?Molotov Cocktail.? ThirtyFour said and smirked.

?I hate you?? McWallace muttered, before downing a third of his bottle.

?Don?t worry, it isn?t dangerous. Its two eights of Vodka, four eights of moonshine, two eights of Jeremiah Weed, with a touch of gunpowder and gasoline. The last two have been specifically created to be safe for human consumption. It packs one heck of a punch though, and gives you a really nasty hangover.? ThirtyFour said. "My tank runs on this stuff." He added. "I also use it to grease the engine and the drive train from time to time."

"Think it can grease your BRAIN?!" Sho muttered darkly from a corner.

"Good, this stuffs..." Suika slurred. "Ruukoto-chan, haves somes, he saids its g-goo-goon-goor Ah! Beneficienty-ee for m-m-machi-machida...humanoid mechanical constructs..."

"Ruukoto will not have any of that." Reimu said. "And neither will you! Stop filling your gourd with that foul stuff!"

"Can't beat cucumber-flavoured beer though." Nitori said. "I can use it as battery acid as well."

"Never tried that. Might do that too." ThirtyFour said.

"You heard Amarillo." Mitaka said, trying to get the discussion back on track. "At least, those of you who haven't had your brains smashed inwards by all the booze." he added. "To recap, our current priority is safety."

"And staying at the shrine, attracting attention and raising a ruckus is your idea of safety, is it?" Jeremy asked, raising a critical eyebrow. "I'm not impressed with how we've been going about things so far. Let me list it out for you." he said, patting his notebook. "1, our location has been compromised. That sniper already found us this morning. 2) The shrine is too much of an attention-grabber. Seriously, we need a more inconspicuous base of operations. 3) Day 1, and we've already declared to the entire valley that there are random tanks miling about, plus we've wrecked a department store and halted a commuter train. If these people aren't on to us yet, it's definitely not for lack of trying."

"About snaipa-kun..." Amarillo began. "I've addled his memories a little. He thinks there wasn't anything of interest at the shrine."

"Yes, they will think they've looked there." Mitaka said. "I doubt they will check again. Even if they did, we have a cover story now - we're new staff hired by Saniwa to restore the shrine and inn. It'd be worse if we didn't settle somewhere. How would we explain a huge roving group of homeless people? Suspicious, no?"

"They expect us to find some place inconspicuous." Taihou reasoned. "They would also expect us to head straight for Tokyo where Kikuri is and lay low there. They wouldn't expect us to be here in such a high-profile place, a shrine and inn that's about to have a grand re-opening."

"We've checked the news." Sumire supplied.

"Yeah." Aya said, turning on the television. It appears she has discovered the ways of the television. "They believe it was a gang war between the yakuza and the new 'gangsters' in town AKA the pirates. They believe there is some connection to the store's manager having tried to raise the community into resisting the yakuza...but they don't have evidence to back that up. The train halting was blamed on the yakuza fight and that car landing atop it. There is absolutely no mention of our group."

"Despite there being at least a hundred CCTV records?" Jeremy asked, raising an eyebrow.

"All public CCTV records in and around the Karuisuwa region were deleted today." Aya said. "Though how, I don't know."

"Uhuh..." Jeremy nodded. "Curious. Either somebody's helping us or somebody's trying to hide something. The commotion would have been a good time to avoid attention."

"There's one incentive to stay at the shrine." Sho suddenly said. "Remember the keystones I mentioned this morning?"

"Are you sure about that one?" Jeremy asked, skeptically.

"Positive." Sho nodded. "If we can reactivate the shrine's keystone, we'll have a source of mana that'll allow us some respite while we're within the stone's radius of effect."

"So we go keystones hunting tomorrows then?" Marisa asked.

"Sounds like a plan." Kojiros nodded in agreement.

"You guys are seriously staying on at that shrine?" Jeremy sighed. "Guys, I seriously think there's something fishy with San-what's-his-face-businessman person. That business with the Ama-whatever and that bet he made..."

"The bet just confirms that he has an ulterior motive." Hiroko reasoned. "Something about artifacts. But as long as he wants those artifacts, I don't think he has any reason to trap us or anything. In fact, I think he planned it all along to rope that Amakawa girl into coming with those rumours and leading her on to make that bet."

"And wasn't that Kanako with her?" Jeremy added.

Everyone fell silent for a moment.

Before Suwako finally spoke up, "But....it can't be, right? Kanako would come to us if it really was her. She wouldn't...."

"But she may have, for whatever reason. You never know." Jeremy said. "Do we really want to get involved in this personal war between Saniwa and Amakawa? Especially when Kanako might be on the other side? And god knows who else?"

"I think it's all the more reason to get involved." Reimu said. "If there is a chance that the Amakawa are connected to more refugees then we must learn more about them."

"Aren't we putting all our eggs in one basket by sticking together?" Gpop suddenly said. "We need memories of Gensokyo to restore it, right? Aren't we thinning our chances of restoring it by clustering together like this?"

"Yes, playing house and being all chummy is nice and all." Zei suddenly said. "But doesn't this make it easier for them to take us all at the same time?"

"I think we should take our chances and trust in safety in numbers." Mitaka said. "Most of us here have been considerably weakened. By sticking together..."

"So says the weakest team" Mokou scoffed. "You want to hide behind our backs, do you?" She smirked at Mitaka.

"Just so you know, it was thanks to Mitaka's plan that we survived the yakuza today." Marisa glared over at Mokou. "Luring them into a narrow space to take them all on wave by wave was far better than your plan to just blow up the entire store with us in it."

"Enough." Mitaka said. "We don't need any rifts. Not know. Yes, I am the weakest of the team, so I would probably benefit the most from our team sticking together. However, if we separate, it'd be even easier for them to hunt us down one by one. Right now I think we've got a good cover story and base of operations. We might as well stick together."

"Don't forget that we have to restore Gensokyo." Jeremy warned. "Let's not get sidetracked. How can we do that while we're trapped here in this sleepy little town, running a hot spring inn and parading around as shrine maidens and priests?"

"How else do you propose we survive?" Owlbear asked. "I think the shrine will give us a decent living while we try and build our strength for the big fight. Besides, we don't know how long our investigations will take. It's not like we can march up to Tokyo and grab Kikuri by her collar, right?"

"We want to restore Gensokyo as much as you do." Reimu said. "But we have to take care of ourselves first and foremost."

"Once we have a stable base of operations we can conduct investigations, learn how we may restore Gensokyo, and plan our strategies accordingly." Sumire said.

"Guys, I just received some more information from my superiors." Amarillo said. "All the other sanctuaries around the world have collapsed, just like Gensokyo. Shangrilla, Nirvanah, Avalon, Tir a Nog, the lunar capital....they've all collapsed. Also, a huge temporal shock is severing their timeline from ours....history is changing, drastically. I won't be able to receive transmissions from the future anymore."

".....wait a second, who are your superiors?" Jeremy sighed. "Look, I just came here because everyone else did, but that doesn't mean I should just take everything you say word for word without question. You should begin by explaining yourself. Who are you?"

"...." Amarillo fell silent for a moment. Then she finally sighed before speaking up, "I'm sworn to secrecy, but I realize that trust is everything if we're going to survive this." She took a long, deep breath, before continuing. "I am a 'Chrono Agent' of the Earth Federation Army and I came here from the future."

"..." Everyone stared. Was this girl...ok? Did she have an....overactive imagination?

"She's telling the truth." Satori said helpfully.

"But I'm no more than another survivor now." Amarillo said. "I've been cut off from my agency now, thanks to that time rift."

"Time rift?"

"Essentially, the future I came from doesn't exist anymore." Amarillo shrugged.

"....you seem awfully calm about that." Jeremy said.

"I'm trained to be." Amarillo said.

"Won't you disappear? I mean, if your origin disappeared, won't you disappear with it?" Hiroko asked.

"No, not for a while." Amarillo said. "It's a little complicated....I think I'll save that for another time. More importantly, how will we go about increasing our strength?"

"...weight training...?" Gpop suggested.

"Samurai meditation." Kojiro said.

"Martial arts, the manly way!" Alex said, firmly.

"I and Patchouli have prepared something for this." Satori said, as Jan and Koakuma carried what looked like a scoreboard to the head of the table.

"A quick overview of mana" Patchouli said. "you're all like huge bottles of mana that replenishes itself over time. The mana that your soul produces flows into the bottle. Mana that you use up flows out. Now, supplying mana for a contract means a higher rate of mana flowing out. If the contract is inefficient, a lot of of that mana spills onto the floor. the amount of mana that flows out depends on how much flows in. You can increase the amount that flows in by strengthening your body and soul."

"Wooh, as expected of Patchy!" Marisa clapped with approval.

"Uhuh..." Patchouli blushed profusely.

"You'll have to decide for yourself what method you use to strengthen yourself, but you can use this as a guide." Patchouli said. And with that, the scoreboard lit up, listing the team names and the individual strengths of the members.

"Oh god..." Mitaka muttered. Sure enough, he was at the bottom of the list along with team FUBAR.

TEAM FUBAR
Mitaka - 43 cats
Reimu - 12 cats
Ruukoto - 10 cats
Suika - 8 cats
Marisa - 5 cats
Alice - 3.4 cats

"...cats?" Austin raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, cat levels. We work with the cat standard." Patchouli said.

"Meow...?" Chen looked up at Jeremy questioningly.

"No, no, Chen, that doesn't mean Alice is worth 3.4 of you. I can hardly imagine what 0.4 of you would be like." Jeremy said, soothingly.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:16:53 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

mad

« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2009, 04:10:06 PM »
continuing the previous post.

"Cat levels?" Jalal snickered, "Looks like Meow Mix is the way to go. Will Chen participate in a gourmet race then? I wanna burn Thirtyfour. Viva la Revolucion!"

Eirin made a mental note to prepare the hangover meds.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2009, 04:17:49 PM »
(( Last post before I off to bed ))

TOURIST HELPERS, 9.12 PM, Day 2

Hirowaza was tossing his lucky tile in a seemingly hypnotic fashion as he sort of hovered around the conversation. He didn't have much insight to this, after all, all that was needed to be said was said. He did seem a little skeptical about Amarillo's little revelation, but Satori's pointing out of things reassured him a little. At this point, Hirowaza took off his glasses and a portion of his right eye lit up a bright red, causing a trail of bright, neon red to follow the edge of his right iris wherever he looked. He slipped the glasses somewhere on his shirt and stepped forward, looking at the scoreboard Patchouli revealed... At least, he thought she revealed it. In any case, he shrugged. The "SI standard" for power here was measured in cats, apparently. This brought a smile to Hirowaza's lips. He looked at Mitaka and gazed at him intently, the trail of light in his right eye intensifying. His left eye seemed to be unaffected. Hirowaza spoke. "You seem rather peturbed. Are you alright? I can sense that you are being burdened by many things." Meira meanwhile noted this strange behavior from Hirowaza, but made no note of it. It was definitely something to do with the fact he removed his glasses. Something triggered it, and Meira was definitely quite concerned. However, she decided to wait and see what happens.

« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »
TOURIST HELPERS, 9.12 PM, Day 2

Alex had looked around and was glad to see that Mitaka-san had managed to succeed in stopping alice and was telling the others about what had happen to him and Lily Black in the park about how he had to save his girlfriend Lily black's life from the gunshot wound she took and how his youkai blood saved him from death from the skill he used to save lily black and about the yakuza who had the balls to follow him back to the shrine only to have his ass kicked by the fairys under Alex's care.

"And then he ran off screaming like a little girl even if he reports back i bet they won't believe his story of little girls kicking his ass." Alex laughs.

Mikita looked at him and said with a stern voice "Dude you and your girlfriend are crazy you both could had been killed."

Alex replyed "Yeah yeah but i'm sure that it let you guys get away did it not besides you took a risk yourself going after her."

Mikita wanted to retort quickly that but Alex was right he did take a huge risk in having team "fubar" go after Alice but finally he remembered it was Alice who started the mess that ended up with Lily Black and Alex getting hurt.

"we need to help rein in the girls i know its tough and it seems almost hopeless but we need them to cooperate with us to ensure as many of them can make it to help restore gensokyo." he says

Alex nodded because Lily black and thus himself got hurt because she didn't listen to his instructions he probably would had gotten the yakuza anyways even if he did pull his gun on him but the experince wasn't all bad after all it's helpped him become closer with the fairys under his care including his girlfriend Lily Black closer to him.

Alex then listened to Sho talking about these Keystones that could be used to lower the mana demands of the girls.

"sounds intresting but i have a problem with that remember that the sniper said that they have these things the are using to keep the girls they have caught alive with artifical mana perhaps they already know about these keystones and are probably checking japan up and down to find all the keystones they before we do in a attempt to ensure that we will be strained from being forced to keep our parnters supplyed with mana ourselfs."

« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2009, 05:18:37 PM »
Tourist Helpers, 9:30 PM, Day 2

Austin: Cat level? Wait a sec, I think I have some cat ears in my jacket.

Everyone stared at Austin.

Austin: What? I keep everything from my travels. Anime Expo. I was with some girls cosplaying as cat girls. I still have no idea how they talked me into it.

Nitori: I think the cat levels mean the relative mana levels in everyone. Look, there's us.

Team Shakin'

Nitori- 2.0

Momizi- 2.0

Austin- 0.5

Austin: ...

Nitori: Well, you are just an ordinary human anyways, no offense Marisa.

Marisa: none taken.

Austin: We'll find out what cat levels are with help from the internet!

Austin pulled out the laptop and opened it. The screen flickered to life as the OS loaded up.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2009, 05:25:34 PM »
TOURIST HELPERS, 9.21 PM, Day 2

"Back on topic." Jeremy called out impatiently, a little irritated at how the whole group had rushed forwards to find where they ranked on the scoreboard, completely forgetting the matter at hand. "You said the other sanctuaries collapsed?"

"Yes." Amarillo nodded. "....cats..." She murmured to herself, absent-mindedly.

"Which means the person behind this is amassing mana by the truckloads." Jeremy said.

"I somehow doubt one person can have a vendetta against every sanctuary in existence." Hiroko said. "So it may really be for the sake of the mana alone."

"Well, that voice did say it was at least partly revenge against Reimu, though she also said it was just a by-product of her grand scheme." Owlbear pointed out.

"The thing is, what would a person want that much mana for....?" Jeremy mused.

"Hey, don't forget the bets. I put a lot in that pot." McWallace added.

"Me fhooo!" Yuyuko said between mouthfuls.

"Chew first." Sho said irritably.

"....but I don't think they would want the keystones if they already have mana generators." Mitaka was saying to Alex. "I mean, what would they want them for? Besides, they don't know about us, I think...yet, anyway."

"Curiosity?" Alex shrugged.

"Were you listening, deodorant?" Jeremy asked, irritably.

"Sorry, I got your half of the discussion too." Mitaka nodded. "But Alex brought up a good point."

"By the way, Alex..." Jeremy added. "I don't like this business with you killing. Your moral standards are your problem but if your actions start bringing attention to the team, you jeopardize the safety of the entire team."

"Dead bodies aren't exactly easy to overlook." Mitaka agreed. "Be careful in the future, Alex. Try to avoid killing others if at all possible, no matter what the reason. Any action you take now is an action on behalf of the team. I don't think the team wants any more dead bodies on their conscience."

« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »
TOURIST HELPERS, 9.24 PM, Day 2

Alex replyed to the comments about him doing in yakuza "sorry i have a grudge against them until they gave up trying to extort the heavenly dragons dojo the strongest members of it had a KoS order on yakuza by the masters because they had killed some students in a attempt to make us bend to their will. I Will try to be less lethal from now on although i will stand by my act i did after that one shot lily black that man deserved the painful end he got because him trying to take something so dear to me if i see someone trying to KILL someone like you guys or the ones under my care they WILL die or at least suffer and i swear by that on this wound i took saving lily black."

Alex then shows lifting the bandages on his healing wound on his chest by now it was covered in scab tissue but one could tell that it was at one point in time a serious wound on his body he then puts dressing back over the wound

Alex then addresses Mitaka's question

"What do you think they could had studyed to make their artifical mana generators Mitaka-san?....unless they were given something else to develop them." he said to fully address the preciousness of the keystones and why he thinks they are probably being looked for by her men.

"in any case i've heard you done some cloths shopping anything for me and the fairys we are a bit lacking in that department." Alex says

Lily Black and the 3 fairys was without their gensokyo dresses in the kiminos they lifted from the abandoned heavenly dragon's dojo the night before.

The only way to tell Lily White and Black apart aside from personalty was Lily Black hair which while Blonde had a bit of a carrot colored hue to it while White was blonde has Blonde can it can get.

The two lilys were hugging each other glad that they were ok

Lily Black says "Oh sis so glad to see you in person again."

Lily White replyed with cheer in her voice " yes sister it is nice to see you again i'm glad to see your fine and that your boyfriend has helped you pull though so well."

Lily White turns to Alex "Thank you for all you've done for her Alex-kun please continue to give my sister the happyness she deserves."

Alex just smile and gives a simple "Sure thing.'
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:18:31 PM by AJC »

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2009, 07:10:24 PM »
Path from the Opposite Mansion, 9:05 PM

After having had a chance to speak with Patchouli and Koakuma, Jan set of to the Tourist Helpers place that Kojiro had informed them of. He had been hoping to speak with the two for a little longer, but Patchouli had gone to talk to a girl in another group they had run into. The girl with short pink hair was accompanied by a few other girls and a young man, not too much unlike himself. While the two girls talked, Jan spoke with Koakuma about the old Voile library and its many secrets.

"...There also used to be a witch who came and took books without Miss Patchouli's permission. Miss Patchouli always made a big fuss, but I think she may have been tolerating it for another reason..."

"...You really think that..." In a group of all-women, it would seem rather common for a lesbian relationship to pop up, and Patchouli struck Jan as the shy type.

"Oh, maybe not quite like that. I think it may have been more along the lines of Miss Patchouli's isolation keeping her from seeing many others. I am a succubus, after all... I can pick up those emotions very easily." Koakuma ended the sentence on a sly tone, sliding up to Jan.

"Eheheh... Uh, thanks for the valuable input, Koakuma..." While Jan did feel nervous (and of course, a slight tug at his more primal urges), he was actually thinking about something else. Patchouli is a very well-read woman and powerful magician, Koakuma can pick up on the emotions of a person without even using Mana, and with my analysis and knowledge of human thought, this is probably a great team in terms of intellectual power. Still, I'm probably the only one of us who could fight without using magic... I'll have to work hard to give them the ability to use their magic again.

Koakuma, who could tell Jan was thinking more about something else then what she had been going for, sighed and went back to her normal walking position. At the same time, Patchouli came back to them, slightly out of breath from walking faster to catch up. "Koakuma, I've been speaking to Miss Satori... Would you come help us with something? Jan, if you could follow me as well..."

Tourist Helpers, 9:10 PM

As they entered the new place, Jan could already smell alcohol and the remnants of a meal, and there was a group of men and women gathered to play poker nearby. As the group from the mansion came inside, Jan made his way over to the almost-gone chicken, taking a bit. It's nice to be able to eat some real food, and not that canned stuff... However, he noticed a slightly upset look from a pink-haired woman out of the corner of his eye...

Before he could take a better look, the attention of everyone was gathered by another young man, somehow raising his voice to be heard above the rabble. He, as well as many others, gave Jan some more information about the situation and what had happened before he had arrived. Now that I'm all caught up, I guess Patchouli want sot show them that little thing we made...

Squeezing his way back to his two teammates, Jan nodded when Patchouli asked Koakuma and himself to bring out her creation. As they put up the little board and Patchouli explained how it worked and the ideas she had shared with the pink-haired girl earlier, Jan took a look at the board and the crowd, being able to guess at who was who by the reactions to the numbers. He could also see Patchouli's embarrassment when a girl called from the crowd. That may be the girl Koakuma mentioned earlier, then...

Although he did want to ask Patchouli about her choice of unit naming, he was more concerned with figuring out how to increase his own output, for the sake of their little unit and the team as a whole.

Jan - 40 cats
Patchouli - 7 cats
Koakuma - 5 cats

From the numbers, Jan could see that his higher-than-normal level of stamina gave him plenty of energy to share with his team, but since they had only just met, there was no way for them to be able to use magic effectively. With a slight sigh, Jan looked away from the board and pushed up his glasses with his right hand. "Well, looks like I have my work cut out for me..."

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2009, 08:23:13 PM »
Tourist Helpers - 9:10 pm - Day 2 (starring anyone there)

Team SCAR (Scarlet Crimson Autumn Roukanken) (OOC: revised the name based on Remilia(Scarlet),Kojiro(Crimson), Minoriko (Autumn), and Youmu(Roukanken)) arrived at the meeting grounds of the Tourist Helpers.

Remilia was piggybacked on Koji while Youmu walked next to him and Minoriko was talking to Youmu during the walk pointing out interesting things she saw along the way like an Ice-Cream parlor or a amusemnet park. They walked in to see surprisingly Rinnosuke.

Youmu: Rinnosuke-san?!  *runs to counter* you managed to escape too?

Rinnosuke: eh? *turns to see Youmu* oh wow Youmu-chan! *notices the others* wow more people from our world too. This is definitely a good sign

Koji: ahh Rinno what's up? I'm glad to see your alright *shakes his hand*

Rinno: yeah well it was by pure dumb luck that i stumbled upon here when i did. But i'm grateful....And is that Mistress Remilia?!

Koji: shhh...keep it down a bit she's napping  *turns to the side to show her sleeping face resting on his head*

Rinno: *cough and lowers voice* i see. sorry. You've been taking care of her?

Kojiro was looking around to see the other teams. He sees a table with a lot of cards and half drunk bears and people playing poker, others are watchin tv or chatting amongst themselves naturally. Amarillo and Lily were prepapring food from what it looked like.

Koji: yeah. Ever since the barrier was destroyed I've been looking out for Remilia, Youmu and Minoriko here.

Minoriko however was no where to be seen, as she was already engaging in the 'festive' events of the night with her sister: havin drinks and conversing with Suwako etc. Youmu was also looking around and found what she seeked

Youmu: !! Mistress and Sho-sama! *rushes over to greet them*

Yuyuko: Youmu!! ^_^ *they hug each other in affection*

Sho: ah so Youmu was with him. I shoulda figured.

Youmu, Yuyuko and Sho talked amonst themselves for a bit ate and had some relaxing fun

Koji: well that's good. I was wondering if youmu wanted to see her mistress soon hehe....I'll seeya Rinno I'ma sit with these guys for a bit.

Rinno: sure. although we won't be having fun for long. as far as i know things are pretty grave....

Koji: yeah but we'll pull through i'm sure. ~_~

As they all talked amongst themselves, Koji laid Remilia down on a couch and sat on the floor and just watched as everyone held conversation. Suddenly a voice came as he sat down.

??: aren't you the anti-social one hehe

He turned his head to see Remilia, quite awake, she laid facedown on the couch and was looking at him. She was pretending to be asleep the entire time

Koji:....well its not that ya know hehe. i just don't feel like much, you know i'm pretty mellow and laid-back

Remilia: indeed...i do know...all too well

Koji: hmmm?

He looked at her and she averted her gaze away from him. She closed her eyes and didn't move again.

Sakuya: MISTRESS?! I'M SO GLA-

Koji: *puts finger to his mouth to signal silence*

Sakuya: *covers her mouth*....excuse me...

Sakuya sat down next to him to watch the mistress "sleep". However she wasn't aware that she was actually awake, despite the moderate noisiness of the place.

Sakuya: How have you been since this morning? Have you been taking care of her?

Koji: worry not Sakuya. Remilia has been in good hands. Rest assured. Like attracts Like it seems since we both have mansions of our own. She's been sleeping for a good part of the day naturally.

Sakuya: if...we were still at home i'd be preparing the mistresses, snack right about now.

Koji: yeah...blood rice omelette. Her favorite snack hehe.

Knowing that Remilia is pretendin to be asleep he gets an idea.

Koji: I remember when we used my blood in that one omelette.

Sakuya: oh? we did? I normally use the bottled blood we have accumulated in our preserves.

Koji: hehe nah once i wondered if she would like my blood in her snack so i drained some beforehand once and switched the bottles, It was when she thought it was the best omelette you ever made remember?

Remilia was blushing a little but turned over to hide it and pretended to stay asleep

Sakuya: yes i remember it...so that's why huh? *pulls out a knife* well....in that case we'll have to make sure you're always available now won't we?

Koji: *sweatdrop* ara? heheh c-calm down Sakuya ^_^; I'm not a cutter nor do i like to be cut thanks. I only did it once^^

Sakuya: *puts the kniffe back* so be it. but you'd better be around if the mistress asks for that taste again. I will hunt you down Koji-san. ^_^

Sakuya seemed a little more lax now but she soon noticed that Remilia's wings were still gone

Sakuya: she's still wingless...I only wonder how long it'll be until we fix everything.

Koji: well actually her vampire features came back. Fangs, wings, Eyes, claws everything but i'm keeping the mana level low to hide them from physically being seen and interacted with.

Sakuya: ah i see....still its odd not seeing the mistress without her qualities...she seems like a normal human child now. *starts to rub her sides*

Koji: yeah. she does. a normal human child...who is actually a very feared vampire in another world hehe.

Sakuya left saying she had better get back to Taihou and whatnot and that she'll leave Remilia to him for now. She seemed rather depressed however (givin the events that happened with taihou and her earlier) but spoke naught of it.

Remilia turned her head back very red and blushed and whispered

Remi: did you really put your blood in my omelette?! why didnt' you tell me!?

Koji:....hehe i was just playing around with you Remi ^_^ *he pats her cheek playfully while laughing a little bit*

Remilia was not amused however and she bit his finger.

Koji: ow!...s-sorry Remilia ^_^....o_- let go that hurt.

She released his finger and he put it in his mouth as a response to the pain. Remilia watched him and released that she KINDA indirectly kissed him thanks to that and turned her head away.

Remilia:....I'm hungry. Get me something to eat....please

Please? since when she ever kindly asked for anything?

Koji: *stands up* sure thing i'll be back in a minute. *shaking finger and leaves*

he returned with a plate of food for her and himself as well and she sat up to eat. They weren't having pizza but instead had some chicken and meat dumplings instead. It was delicious but deep down she wanted to have another swig of his blood. She watched him as they ate and her impulses were rising a little bit.

After they ate everyone gathered to discuss their plans on how to get Gensokyo restored and how to train themselves.

Patchouli came up with a cat system of gauging other people's strength and he found his name near the top.

Kojiro - 120 total cats
Koji -  50% (60 cats)
Remilia:  30% (36 cats)
Youmu:  10% (12 cats)
Minoriko:  10% (cats)

Koji: " I think i get it...i did manually start us off with equal shares of my mana....i had to change it since i lost kaokuma and patchouli just now....I wonder when they would get back their inhuman features back as well I guess if i get them to 30 percent then it would happen?....Well Youmu would get her ghost half to reappear and Minory never had anything inhuman in her appearance to begin with.....I wonder at what level will thei get their powers back?

He continued to speculate as the meeting continued on.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:20:54 AM by Kojiro »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2009, 08:33:50 PM »
Tourist Helpers, 9.35 PM, Day 2

"So the shrine's our new HQ now?" McWallace asked.

"If we're going to reopen the shrine and inn then I think it's best if don't use it for meetings, at least, not too often." Yukari reasoned. "Better if we use this place for meetings. It would be closed during the night, yes? It would offer some privacy. Plus it's sufficiently comfortable."

"I don't mind." Amarillo shrugged at Yukari's suggestion. "There's more than enough room."

"And this place is right beside the steps up to the shrine. Quite convenient." Mitaka pointed out.

"Agreed!" The men by the television chorused.

"All the other facilities will be set up in the shrine, I think." Rika said. "That underground garage is perfect for my workshop."

"And my lab." Eirin nodded.

"About that, Lily found an underground passage earlier...." Amarillo suddenly supplied. "It leads to the tunnels underneath the shrine and inn's basement, I think. We'll have to clear it up a bit, though."

"If this is our new HQ then can we all just bunk in here for the night?" Iku asked, yawning.

"Yes! A big sleepover! I want to sleep together with my dear Alice-chan!" Shinki said, hugging Alice....or at least holding her in a vice-grip strong enough to restrain elephants as Alice seemed to be putting up about just as much resistance. "Your new clothes are so cute...why can't your sisters learn fashion tips from you?"

"Mom!" Mai protested.

"Why not?" Amarillo shrugged. "It's as safe as anywhere else, I think. I've set up a few security measures around the place, should give us enough warning if anyone tries to pounce us."

"What about futons and stuff? The couch's been taken over...." Renko observed. "And even if them lot clears off, I don't think we'd ever be able to detoxify all the testosterone."

"Well...." Sumire said. "Unlike you all who've been messing with pirates and whatnot, I actually went and bought proper supplies." She sighed, gesturing at the pile of futons and pillows sitting in a corner, while shaking her head. "I guessed you people wouldn't do your shopping properly..."

"Ehehehehe...." Marisa scratched the back of her head absent-mindedly.

"Then it's a slumber party!" Meira declared. "Mahjong time!" She slammed a huge set of majong tiles on the table.

"....and all thought of gensokyo flies out the window..." Jeremy sighs.

"I don't think it's such a bad thing." Yukari said.

"Eh? I thought you'd be the most anxious to restore Gensokyo." Jeremy said.

"Yes, I am." Yukari conceded. "But weary warriors are more brittle than chopsticks. Besides, I think this is just everyone's way of coping." She said, nodding at the men who had once again taken over the couch and television (Which was now showing World Wrestling Federation stuff), Yoh, Mitaka, Reimu, and Yuyuko who had taken to the mahjong, Marisa, Aya, Parsee, Koichi, and Suika, who had taken to pillow fighting, Shinki and team Makai who had taken to glomping Alice and dog-piling her on a futon, and everyone else who had meandered off to some corner of the room and settled down in groups for activities of their own.

"All we have left is each other." Yukari said. "And so we must treasure that to remind ourselves of what we're living for, what we're fighting for."

"Uhuh." Jeremy sighed. "Yeah, well, gonna see if the internet works..."

?By the way, what?s our new team name? We forgot to decide that.? Aya asked.

?The Gensokyo Liberation Front.? Jeremy suggested, looking up from where he was setting up his laptop.

?That makes it sound like a terrorist group.? Sho said from his spot by the television.

?We?re all about restoring it, so what about Gensokyo Restoration Unity?? Hiroko suggested from the comfort of the kotatsu under which at least a quarter of the group have settled themselves.

?Still sounds like a terrorist group.? Zei shrugged, teaching Flandre how NOT to blow up the cards in her hands.

?Freedom Fighters. I prefer the PC term.? Owlbear shouted over the couch. ?YEAH! JUMP ON?IM! YEAAAAH!? He roared at the television set.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:43:54 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

mad

« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2009, 08:38:33 PM »
"Gensokyo Liberation Front? That sounds like a Political Action Commitee left in a car on a warm summer's day. Nah, I think army is better than front." Jalal shouted over.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2009, 08:50:35 PM »
(OOC: Very briefly cutting in on the actual current conversation for the sake of making a point.)

I looked up at Eirin's psycho buddy. "Somehow, I'm inclined to think we're in no condition to be declaring war on even a conspiratorial subset of the Japanese government, guerrilla methods or otherwise.

Diplomacy would work better, especially at this point. We need a non-hostile name, to reflect that. I like 'restoration,' too... very accurate to our intent."

I paused. "And it's better for PR, if we do have to make this an open conflict."
There was something here once. Wonder what...