Author Topic: [SSLP] Seven Wonders of 1912 Japan - Let's Play The Nightmare of Rebellion  (Read 3977 times)

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Well, there's actually nine of them. But details.

Right then, I'm back again.

What is The Nightmare of Rebellion?
It's a very good Touhou fangame JRPG made by Strawberry Bose. I'm sure you guys all know about this game called The Genius of Sappheiros (I did LP it before I Rage Quitted it). Well, this game is the 2nd sequel of that game and this game is also the last part of the Omen Trilogy. A series of JRPG by Strawberry Bose known for it's difficulty and the sheer complexity of the game itself. In fact, it's so well-known 2 of their game already been remake on PS Vita.

Why did I Let's Play it?
Ever since Validon98 showed me this game in his LP, I quickly fell in love in the game an quickly bought it because of it's kickass music, pretty graphics, the mechanics of the game, and the fact the game uses an Original Character for the main character. Oh yeah, kickass music. Don't forget that. Make no mistake though, just because I loved it doesn't mean the game will pull it's punch. This game is still hard as balls and caused me a great deal of grief 2 years ago. It's like I'm in a relationship with a tsundere. But with my attained experience from 2 years ago. Let's see if I'm better at this game now.

Before I ends my introduction, I'd like to give special thanks to Validon98 for introducing me to this game, for translating the gameplay for us all, and for teaching me about the mechanics of the game in-depth.

Chapter List:
- Prologue
- Part 1 - Enjo School
- Part 2 - Snowy Road 1-1
- Part 3 - Snowy Road 1-2
- Part 4 - Snowy Road 2
- Part 5 - Skyscraper That Reaches the Heavens
- Part 6 - The Great Wallception of China
- Part 7 - Road to Volcano Road
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 02:44:38 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Your Everyday NEET

Prologue

I'm not even pretending that I knew any Japanese, so I just made up the story as I go along.

Though if you want to know the real story, watch Validon98 LP of the game here.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:41:31 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Your Everyday NEET

Part 1 - Enjo School

Now this I'm more familiar with. After all, I'm well-experienced in this game.

Another special thanks to Validon98 for teaching me about the in-depth mechanics of the game.

Your Everyday NEET

Part 2 - Snowy Road 1-1

I remembered this boss and how bullshit that thing is. But I am prepared this time around.

Your Everyday NEET

The soundtrack of Nightmare of Rebellion are very good. All of them are winner. I especially enjoys listening to the soundtrack when editing the LP.

Part 2 - Snowy Road 1-2

Now that we have all 5 main characters, the game will put away its kiddie glove and starts giving you real difficulty.

Your Everyday NEET

"Isekai" (Another World) genre in Anime and Light Novel is a famous in Japan. It usually involves the protagonist dying and reincarnated into another world with RPG element with an overpowered cheat, allowing him to essentially play in God mode. The reason why they're so overpowered is to allow the readers to project themselves onto the main protagonist and give them a sense of empowerment.  That genre become so famous the whole Light Novel market ended up being oversaturated by them until most readers become sick of it.

Part 3 - Snowy Road 2

With the ability to recruit Sub Doppel, grinding enemies become more fun... at least until I meet enemies with 1/64 recruitment rate.

Your Everyday NEET

I noticed that I wrote Part 2 twice in my update. Way to go, me. Now fix it back!

Part 5 - Skyscraper That Reaches the Heavens

Part of why I think this game is cool is because there are these anachronistic dungeons even though the game takes place in 1912. And also many many references that would get this game sued if it leaves Japan.

Your Everyday NEET

Did you know a movie called The Great Wall. Well, turns out the Great Wall is used to defend China from a monster invasion from outer space. So it's up to the Chinese warrior and Matt Damon to kill those monsters and save the world.

Part 6 - The Great Wallception of China

A Great Wall inside a Great Wall. That means I can sight-see the Great Wall while I'm sightseeing the Great Wall.

Your Everyday NEET

Part 7 - Road to Volcano Road

Okay, no more Inception reference this time.