Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 139845 times)

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2011, 01:29:35 AM »
UFO just know YOU MADE ME DO THIS.  I really didn't wanna resort to this but I have no choice.  I must use a completed score.dat to practice stage 6 lunatic.  Ugh and I thought I could unlock it myself but I GUESS NOT.  welp this will give me the practice I greatly need.

Edit: Also every time I think i have a problem with say stage 3 I go into stage practice and do just fine on it =/  FML.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:33:32 AM by ShadyK »
2lazy2createbettersig

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2011, 03:25:33 AM »
Dear God, today was just complete, utter failure with Touhou. Got absolutely nowhere on anything, making some of the stupidest mistakes I've made in a long time.

Maybe I should just get back to that sketch to clear my mind. After I sleep, of course. Because I'd love to continue getting back on pace, but nooooo my (un)natural sleeping cycle has to stand in the way again...
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »
there's also this video, which was made before :D

That however could actually be considered good playing. He manages to completely avoid damage for a good chunk of the battle until he then starts to lose it. Which means I might actually go back and try again now that I've seen evidence of some legitimacy.

Even though a Gate clone with moving platforms without X6's lenient checkpoint system sounds pretty annoying. Especially considering that there's a long and tedious stage before it. And the passwords systems inability to save your progress through Fortress stages... which was never a good idea. Just not an issue back when things were so easy that you could beat it all in about 20 minutes.

« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2011, 02:37:21 PM »
Whut? SA's like a cakewalk compared to UFO. You get three times as many bombs and a huge amount of lives. Some even says that UFO Hard is harder than some games on Lunatic.
I'm gonna have to agree with them.  I think it's largely in part because UFO's first 3 bosses are actually challenging though (or at least I think so).  Murasa onward seems to fit in more with the rest of the games though.  I really like the later parts of UFO, even if Shou's spells are incredibly gay with clipdeaths if you don't just bomb everything.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #214 on: May 31, 2011, 03:36:30 PM »
I'm getting halfway decent at Resurrection Butterfly -30% Reflowering-, even managing a few caps of it lately, so I should be able to handle this with three bombs, right?

Used one, dodged a bit, got a Border, broke that, dodged for a while more.  Oh, hey, there's like 8 seconds left, so let's NOT do the smart thing and play it safe by bombspamming it to get my next 1cc!  No, let's instead forget to bomb at all and die with 2 bombs in stock when there's less than ten seconds left!  Best idea ever, right?

*headdesk*

I've also been having more issues where I can't seem to cap Lost Soul's Village -Fatal Sin- anymore even though it's relatively easy for me now most of the time...  Ugh.  At least I can almost always still make it to Stage 6 at all...
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #215 on: May 31, 2011, 03:40:07 PM »
Just sending some more hate towards Megamari's Yukari... because she needs it.

I'm gonna have to agree with them.  I think it's largely in part because UFO's first 3 bosses are actually challenging though (or at least I think so).  Murasa onward seems to fit in more with the rest of the games though.  I really like the later parts of UFO, even if Shou's spells are incredibly gay with clipdeaths if you don't just bomb everything.

Yes. So if Stage 4-6 is like Touhou normally is but the first stages are different in that they are actually challenging then the entire game is still more challenging. In basically any Touhou game before UFO there would be maybe 1 of 2 attacks of actual difficulty in the first three stages and maybe some challenging stage portion. Bomb that. Stages nullified. Then you can ride resources for the rest of the game.

You'll actually have to put some effort into things to get to Stage 4 in UFO without losing a life.

EDIT: And now the force beams are fucking unpassable. I guess you can only make it by when they fucking feel like it even though I have memorized the path. Let's just call this game Mari. The insults I can come up with are endless but i'll save them for later.

EDIT 2: And i'm back to adjust things a bit. Turns out the only thing I have a problem with is the first Patchu stage. The rest is playable and seems even totally dodgable most of the time. Most bosses seem to have some sort of bullshit about them though.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:03:45 PM by Zengeku »

« Reply #216 on: May 31, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »
I think it's largely in part because UFO's first 3 bosses are actually challenging though (or at least I think so).

It's not just the bosses either. The last stretch before Ichirin is one of the most frustrating parts of any Touhou game, at least on hard and up.

Sadly, the trend looks like it'll continue. Dammit Yoshika.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #217 on: May 31, 2011, 06:57:42 PM »
IMO, it also seems that SA is also easier to learn, and hands you resources on a platter.
UFO makes you work for your resources, and if you're not careful, you might end up wasting a bomb or dying to get a life piece. 

Also, no amount of reading stops Shou clipdeath and awkward angle snipes with freaking curvy lasers.  At least Orin's cards are easy to react to/memorizable. 
Shou wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for some of her bullshit hitboxes.

Yuyuko Yakumo

• Carry me~ow
  • Rawr I eat your face with maaaaaagicalness
« Reply #218 on: May 31, 2011, 11:02:25 PM »
I was proud of making it to stage 5 on PCB on Hard today...

...until I saw I made it to stage 6 four months earlier.
I know, I know. I'll get a real avatar and signature soon. -_-

« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2011, 11:23:24 PM »
IMO, it also seems that SA is also easier to learn

Well, you can say that its easier to memorize UFO Stage 3 than it is to memorize SA Stage 3 since the latter is all about some positioning and some lasers. But the game gives you so many bombs that you you can bomb your way through everything hard about it and get to Yuugi with 3.60 power. Yep, i've done that many times.

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

• OKAY THEN I'M A LEGAL AIDE
  • AND ERIN BROCKOVICH IS MY NAAAME
« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2011, 11:33:20 PM »
This fucking computer lag that makes me herp and derp at IN on EASY MODO (kyahaha). Seriously, what is up with that? I'd start having good runs until the arrow keys flip out on me.
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #221 on: June 01, 2011, 12:36:29 AM »

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2011, 12:57:26 AM »
Died halfway through Three Fairies in GFW. Farthest I've ever gotten regardless of route.

Derp death count during that particular boss fight: 2

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2011, 02:42:49 AM »
How can I get all the way to devils recitation on one run and then later not even get past stage 3 on other runs orz    GDI my ufo runs are so inconsistent it isn't even funny
2lazy2createbettersig

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2011, 03:00:32 AM »
Lost 6 lives in PCB stage 4 Hard :fail:

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #225 on: June 01, 2011, 06:44:06 AM »
Strong dislike is an understatement I have for Virtue of Wind God easy and Miracle of Otensui. 
Although I basically almost 1cced MoF using ReimuC in a blind run.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2011, 03:43:23 PM »
TWO LIVES TO LETTY
GAME OVERING ON CHEN

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEEEE

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2011, 03:46:28 PM »
SA Normal.

One night, make it to stage 6. I had to quit because it was late at night.
Next day, gameover on Yuugi.

GDI IMMA MAKE YOU DROP THAT FRIGGIN' BOWL OF SAKE.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2011, 05:25:35 PM »
MoF stage 1 (Lunatic) keeps killing me... So embarassing, I should at least be able to perfect stages 1/2 =(.

Spoiler:
Fuck you Minoriko
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:44:57 PM by Random Stage 1 Fairy »

« Reply #229 on: June 01, 2011, 07:13:32 PM »
Meh don't worry about it. That Minoriko traps me with her lasers a bit too often as well. Even the stage would kill me if I don't follow "the route". Or use MarisaC. I would actually say its easier to perfect stage 2. Unless you are one of those guys allergic to Hina's midboss card.

But you can just bomb that for score - not a bad excuse at all when used about a run that holds absolutely no other scoring tricks.  :V

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2011, 07:53:21 PM »
"The route" is pretty much the only viable way to get through Stage 1, isn't it? At least I think you're talking about the one I use, only thing that might change are some directions after Shizuha. Hardest part starts after Minoriko's first spellcard, though, hate the NS-Pattern and her second spellcard, though I only hate the latter when I get unlucky.

Not sure about Stage 2 being easier, though, I just find the barrages in Stage 1 easier to control. Hina's midboss spellcard seems surprisingly easy, though, since the bullets aren't too much of a problem if I start off in the middle and then just move back. With Reimu A, Hina goes down before things get out of hand.

« Reply #231 on: June 01, 2011, 11:34:18 PM »
"The route" is pretty much the only viable way to get through Stage 1, isn't it?

You can probably tackle things a little different but if you wanna kill everything and get all the score items then there really is only one path to take i'm pretty sure.

Not sure about Stage 2 being easier, though, I just find the barrages in Stage 1 easier to control. Hina's midboss spellcard seems surprisingly easy, though, since the bullets aren't too much of a problem if I start off in the middle and then just move back. With Reimu A, Hina goes down before things get out of hand.

Nah. The reason I call Stage 2 easier is because Hina won't randomly imprison you with lasers. Its not like its something Minoriko does often to me but it happens occasionally. Its probably possible to get out of at least 95% of those situations i'd call being trapped though. Regardless, tougher than Hina's stuff that won't "trap". you at all. And Stage 2 might be more tricky to memorize but you can easier compensate for lack of memorization in it as its not as good at walling you.

Some players have trouble with Hina's last card however but Its not that far into the game and its the only decent threat in the stage so you can just restart. I also like the fact that you don't seem to have problems with Hina's midboss card. I could never understand why people would have even minor problems with it. Lunatic players i mean.

« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2011, 12:59:11 AM »
FFFFFFFFFF-

Another shitty MoF run.  For some reason my game decided to slow itself down to 30FPS and kill me on Nitori's third nonspell during a random sudden return to fullspeed.  Same with Momiji.  Flew into one of the crows on stage 4, flew into a yellow bullet from the end crows, gameovered on Aya's second spell.  I hate this game.

Udongein

« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2011, 01:07:00 AM »
>Random SA Extra run
>have 4 lives going into Genetics
>lose 3 of those
>Game over on Subterranean Rose's first phase

>:(

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #234 on: June 02, 2011, 01:11:13 AM »
FFFFFFFFFF-

Another shitty MoF run.  For some reason my game decided to slow itself down to 30FPS and kill me on Nitori's third nonspell during a random sudden return to fullspeed.  Same with Momiji.  Flew into one of the crows on stage 4, flew into a yellow bullet from the end crows, gameovered on Aya's second spell.  I hate this game.
If you play with a controller once, you'll have to plug it in again (just plugging it in while the game is running even, dont even have to use it.) every time until you restart your computer otherwise it'll run at 20-30fps. Or at least I have to anyway...
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2011, 01:16:20 AM »
If you play with a controller once, you'll have to plug it in again (just plugging it in while the game is running even, dont even have to use it.) every time until you restart your computer otherwise it'll run at 20-30fps. Or at least I have to anyway...
I play keyboard.  It's just my shitty PC, probably overheating a bit too because it's summer.

a_certain_kappa

• Science and Technology :3
« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2011, 04:05:28 AM »
>SA
>Stage 3
>Oh, about to face Yuugi better take all the points by moving to the top of the screen
>Move to the top left part of the screen
>Yuugi suddenly emerge from the top left screen and begin moving diagonally toward me
>Yuugi hit me. *pichhuun*

ZUN did that on purpose.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2011, 04:25:05 AM »
BY GAR I'M A FORKING IDIOT.

How does one die THRICE in Satori's easiest card? HOW?!?!

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #238 on: June 02, 2011, 04:37:27 AM »
>SA
>Stage 3
>Oh, about to face Yuugi better take all the points by moving to the top of the screen
>Move to the top left part of the screen
>Yuugi suddenly emerge from the top left screen and begin moving diagonally toward me
>Yuugi hit me. *pichhuun*

ZUN did that on purpose.
Oh wow the same thing happened with me with nue, ichirin, kogasa, and shou...this happens to me too much   But yeah It's the worst feeling aint it?  Anyways today i managed to enter LFS 0/0.  Maybe I woulda had an extra life or two if stage 3 didn't overkill me ;_; GDI im so close to this ufo lunatic 1cc i can almost taste it.
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #239 on: June 02, 2011, 06:36:50 AM »
WHY CAN'T I GET PAST TD STAGE 2 BOSS WHATEVER HER NAME IS

THAT SLUT