Author Topic: Gensokyo Everyday's story  (Read 68747 times)

MaronaPossessed

• I am free to dream of my own dream
  • and so I shall dream
Re: Gensokyo Everyday's story
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »
I dunno, but at the Prismriver mansion you can walk through the ceiling and that cracked area. o.o
Yeah I was told to ignore these errors...

Then again it's Gensokyo. They can fly...

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2010, 04:30:36 AM »
I have a new preliminary version of the game. I have figured out some interesting changes to combat but so far they only work for Rumia, Chen and Wriggle. Tell me what you think of the changes so I can be sure of them before I implement them to the rest of the enemies. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z4AQ50RT
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2010, 04:33:55 AM »
Aaaaaaaarrrrggg. Accidently fought the "ghost" and I can't run or save or anything and now I gotta start all over durrrrr

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2010, 09:30:36 PM »
Major error on the next patch. If you talk to shikieiki repeatly, she'll keep giving you 30g.
olol.
I have a new preliminary version of the game. I have figured out some interesting changes to combat but so far they only work for Rumia, Chen and Wriggle. Tell me what you think of the changes so I can be sure of them before I implement them to the rest of the enemies. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z4AQ50RT

This does include what I added, right? T__T

Also, anyone managed to defeat the Crystalaskdjasfjhabd boss? I did~ (FINALLY.) My characters were level 50-ish.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2010, 03:46:31 AM »
It's your version .085 with some combat changes added in with the three characters I mentioned.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2010, 04:47:13 AM »
Checkout the combat changes (to Rumia, Wriggle and Chen)I have done when you get back. If you think they are okay then I can work on implementing them to the rest of the cast. Also this game could use some plot and I would like your input on that front.

As for character sprites I am almost done with Murasa and only have to do the hat. When I get time I will finish the rest of the UFO cast and then the rest of the windows characters and maybe start on the pc 98 ones.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2010, 08:37:34 PM »
Checkout the combat changes (to Rumia, Wriggle and Chen)I have done when you get back. If you think they are okay then I can work on implementing them to the rest of the cast. Also this game could use some plot and I would like your input on that front.

As for character sprites I am almost done with Murasa and only have to do the hat. When I get time I will finish the rest of the UFO cast and then the rest of the windows characters and maybe start on the pc 98 ones.

I'm back. I think I'll work on making some areas (and check out the changes to RumiaWriggleChen). Personally, I think I'll make another town area. I'll leave some empty places, if you wanna put any canon characters in there~

As for plots, we should IRC and discuss that. I have exams coming up pretty soon, so besides today, I won't be doing much heavy work this week.

EDIT: asdf you broke my saves with the camera quest. T___T
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 01:58:35 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
Ok, a new version for you guys. Not too many drastic changes, but hey.

-Yukari is playable via secret cheat in the beginning. She's really only for debug purposes.
-Created a small port town with only a shop in it right now.
-Moved the Crystal dungeon to Makai.
-Fixed a few clipping problems.

the download is a lie
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:28:45 AM by Wonderful☆Life »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2010, 07:30:37 AM »
I couldn't open the new version of the game. I tried downloading more than once but it always froze at the same point.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2010, 01:23:34 PM »
I couldn't open the new version of the game. I tried downloading more than once but it always froze at the same point.

Freezes where?

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »

Few problems with this version I noticed

- Marisas max health and stamina jumped up very high after I first used laser ... least thats how i think it happened, having about 800 odd health and about 300 stamina at the start. dunno if that was intentional, I didnt get to test reimu in battle for the reasons below-
- Reimu couldn't equip anything at all.
- I couldn't get the clothes shop bit to upgrade anything, they just said their first line then did nothing.
- Also kindouru's shop as marisa you get the event where marisa asks reimu to buy a book occur, so I had marisa asking marisa to buy her a book :V

I like the dungeons idea, though I have no idea what the shards are for yet! I only noticed the new one at the back of the shrine after I accidently overwrite marisa's file with reimu's one when she cant fight compared to marisas major overpowering :x bugger!

One thing I think needs fiddling aside from the errors is I think the occurance rate of combat is far too high moving roughly 2-12 steps then getting attacked again? And the ammount of variation in attacks you can use in that combat too low, could use AOE attacks and such to deal with larger ammounts of enemies, which is what I liked about marisa in the second version. Least, if i remember right it was her who could attack all the enemies with one skill.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2010, 06:33:06 PM »
Freezes where?
It downloads the audio or at least most of it and then stops saying the extraction has failed.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2010, 07:29:38 PM »
It downloads the audio or at least most of it and then stops saying the extraction has failed.
This almost always means your download got cut off early.  Delete and redownload the file.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2010, 11:31:09 PM »
Few problems with this version I noticed

- Marisas max health and stamina jumped up very high after I first used laser ... least thats how i think it happened, having about 800 odd health and about 300 stamina at the start. dunno if that was intentional, I didnt get to test reimu in battle for the reasons below-
- Reimu couldn't equip anything at all.
- I couldn't get the clothes shop bit to upgrade anything, they just said their first line then did nothing.
- Also kindouru's shop as marisa you get the event where marisa asks reimu to buy a book occur, so I had marisa asking marisa to buy her a book :V

I like the dungeons idea, though I have no idea what the shards are for yet! I only noticed the new one at the back of the shrine after I accidently overwrite marisa's file with reimu's one when she cant fight compared to marisas major overpowering :x bugger!

One thing I think needs fiddling aside from the errors is I think the occurance rate of combat is far too high moving roughly 2-12 steps then getting attacked again? And the ammount of variation in attacks you can use in that combat too low, could use AOE attacks and such to deal with larger ammounts of enemies, which is what I liked about marisa in the second version. Least, if i remember right it was her who could attack all the enemies with one skill.

Ok, I fixed Reimu. Hey, please don't have saves go over, it messes with the system, and you end up not getting certain skills and stuff.

you need to have the stuff equipped to the main character to upgrade them. and you have to have enough power items.
Spoiler:
Ok, here's where everything is:
Yukari's unlock key is in the scenario scelection place, on the left crystal. Talk to it, and then talk to Yukari and say no until she says "Or, would you rather play as me".
Extra dungeon one is behind Hakurei shrine
Ex 2 is in the Scarlet devil mansion
Ex 3 is in Entei
Ex 4 is in Makai.

The shards don't mean anything yet. Just remember where they are. Also, Reimu can attack everyone at once. I try to be as diverse. You'd like Sanae. She has a very diverse set of skills.

Also, I noticed that I was reaching the stat cap, with some of the higher level items. So I broke the stat cap. It now goes to 99999. Good luck beating that, bro. ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:00:32 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?f52jdnzgzn0

ok, hueg update. Besides the things mentioned earlier, this version also has different stat and level caps. You can now level up to 999! Stats cap at 9999.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:23:11 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »
Oh no the issues with marisa weren't caused by moving saves across, I litterally had started on this version that time as I thought that it may cause issues.

So I dunno why the stats all screwed up or the armourer lol

I'll try sanae then in either the new version or the old one... cant decide. I want the new version, I could download it here, but ive got 600mb of internet left this month and thats a fairly hefty chunk of it to lose when I can download it at uni tomorrow :x

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2010, 12:34:55 AM »
Oh no the issues with marisa weren't caused by moving saves across, I litterally had started on this version that time as I thought that it may cause issues.

So I dunno why the stats all screwed up or the armourer lol

I'll try sanae then in either the new version or the old one... cant decide. I want the new version, I could download it here, but ive got 600mb of internet left this month and thats a fairly hefty chunk of it to lose when I can download it at uni tomorrow :x

Download it tomorrow, yeah. ^__^ But I didn't change sanae at all, so don't worry. Also, I have no idea what is causing Marisa's crazy.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2010, 12:27:27 AM »
Still haven't found where makai is, and dungeon 2 is fun but has me totally baffled. I was like, kay, so its like eintei, get the order right, clear all 4, then go through to the exit right?

wrong, back to having 4 door gaurds around me again and cant figure an order this time :V

no idea what to do now lol

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2010, 01:21:12 AM »
Still haven't found where makai is, and dungeon 2 is fun but has me totally baffled. I was like, kay, so its like eintei, get the order right, clear all 4, then go through to the exit right?

wrong, back to having 4 door gaurds around me again and cant figure an order this time :V

no idea what to do now lol

Answer to Second dungeon:
Spoiler:
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right
If you're trapped, use your teleports. (The reason you didn't get it was because of the fact I um, forgot to include the answer somewhere else.)

Makai is in Satori's basement. Basically, from Reimu's shrine, go down, take a left, and then go up, pass the lily white house, take a left, enter cave before hot spring, go through cave, go allll the way through underground yokai town, pass koishi, turn left, go through big door, walk around until you meet rin, go left from her, and keep going until you find entrace to makai.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:07:51 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2010, 06:23:29 PM »
I managed to find makai in the end, Id made the assumption It'd probably be down there and found it. Then spent the next 20 minutes trying different stratergies getting pwn'd by the boss  :V (I only beat the boss in the 3rd dungeon by luck, for some reason it missed with everyshot, I fought it again, then got annilated  :V glad I saved before the 2nd time!)

Ah well, I'll finish the 2nd dungeon and hope it levels me up some! Also loaded myself on ex-stone potions so we'll see later.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2010, 06:45:16 PM »
I managed to find makai in the end, Id made the assumption It'd probably be down there and found it. Then spent the next 20 minutes trying different stratergies getting pwn'd by the boss  :V (I only beat the boss in the 3rd dungeon by luck, for some reason it missed with everyshot, I fought it again, then got annilated  :V glad I saved before the 2nd time!)

Ah well, I'll finish the 2nd dungeon and hope it levels me up some! Also loaded myself on ex-stone potions so we'll see later.

Ahahahahah. Good luck. My characters had really nice loot equipped and were level 50 before I had a chance of beating the Makai Boss. But if you get the item it drops, it'll make killing it a piece of cake. (Just as a hint, That move it uses, Miraculous Ultimatum, heals it for quite a bit. So you really have to pump out the DPT.)

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2010, 07:00:34 PM »
Oh no, Im just on about the door gaurd boss  :V Cant kill the fuckin thing It just KO's me with destruction  :V

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2010, 07:08:33 PM »
Oh no, Im just on about the door gaurd boss  :V Cant kill the fuckin thing It just KO's me with destruction  :V

:V

The door guard is really easy compared to the boss behind the door.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2010, 05:46:28 PM »
Update: I have implemented the new spell card rules for all the level one and two bosses as well as all the midbosses I could find spell cards for. This includes the UFO characters which I have created sprites for. I plan on releasing another version once I have the new spell card stuff added for level 3 bosses as well as any quick updates I can think of.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2010, 12:26:28 AM »
Another update. I am changing Eientei around a bit. Don't worry ex dungeon 3 will still be around, just in a more out of the way place. Also Version 0.08 will be delayed a bit because I want to add some stuff to Reisen's and Sanae's scenarios as well as create the first two easy dungeons.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2010, 01:18:46 AM »
Another update. I am changing Eientei around a bit. Don't worry ex dungeon 3 will still be around, just in a more out of the way place. Also Version 0.08 will be delayed a bit because I want to add some stuff to Reisen's and Sanae's scenarios as well as create the first two easy dungeons.

yay easy dungeons! =D

Don't forget Youmu's Scenar- oh wait. I'm supposed to work on that. Can't wait to get working on this again~

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2010, 10:58:03 AM »
I expect mima and shinki somewhere this time  :V I was slightly disapointed not to see mima in the dungeon behind the shrine!

Still not beat the 4th dungeon boss, I keep thinking I'm gonna beat it, as its attacks are so bloody random, then get totally destroyed lol

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »
Wow my first request for Mima. That may take some time as I couldn't find her in the group of sprites that I found on the net (only windows games up to SA) so I have started to create character sprites myself. My current schedule for this is...
1. All of the UFO characters
2.All remaining windows characters (Tenshi, Iku, Hatate)
3. The cast of PoDD
4. Other earthbound pc-98 characters (Orange, Meira etc)
5. Makai pc-98 characters

As well as fitting in a special character Wonderful life wanted in the game.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2010, 08:11:27 PM »
was you expecting mima to be asked for sooner?  :V didn't neccesarily mean her as playable though.

Then again with the whole cast of PoDD she'd have to be included.

Wonder where the hell Ruukoto is gonna be lol. and mimimimimimimimimi

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2010, 10:53:39 PM »
Talking about the shrine behind the dungeo- wait, switch those. Anyway, Dungeon-behind-shrine, expect some majorrrrr updates when I get my hands on it. Coz I was pretty unsatisfied with it. ^__^