Author Topic: Fantasy Crescendo ~ Rumble Dream Ensemble (Touhou Smash Bros.)  (Read 79154 times)

Re: Genso Shojokosen (Touhou Smash Bros.)
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2015, 04:06:41 AM »
I'm a 3D artist and I'd like to help with the project
just send me a PM so we can talk

here's my portfolio:

http://balaguerart.com/

regards

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2015, 07:19:05 AM »
I can help out with concept art and 2d designs. I have a friend who is a musician that can create music and/or sound effects who is interested in helping as well.
I'm looking forward to this project!

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2015, 08:18:06 AM »
Ladies and gentlemen, we are happy to announce the opening of our
Genso Shojokosen: Battle Maiden Character Poll
. Here you will be able to vote for three characters (based on your preferences) that you'd like to appear as playable in the game.

The poll will go on indefinitely until further notice.

Voted. Hope my favourites get in.
Hope there won't be any Mima
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:20:50 AM by Flandre5carlet »

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2015, 10:57:49 AM »
sent you a PM

@savory

looks like I'm not allowed to send private messages or even look at your profile for check if you have your skype in it (you guys REALLY should take off all these restrictions if you want people to help you, its really uncomfortable to try to communicate with someone and end up by posting in a thread without any privacy)

send me another one with your skype and I will add you.

Mod Edit: Well, with all fairness we have our valid and well supported reasons for these restrictions. As Tengukami linked, the thread contains those reasons. -Helepolis
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:25:19 PM by Helepolis »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2015, 01:06:37 PM »
looks like I'm not allowed to send private messages or even look at your profile for check if you have your skype in it (you guys REALLY should take off all these restrictions if you want people to help you, its really uncomfortable to try to communicate with someone and end up by posting in a thread without any privacy)

You might find this information helpful.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2015, 01:52:58 PM »
Send me another one with your skype and I will add you.

Done.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2015, 02:20:46 PM »
So this game will more closely resemble Sm4sh huh? Well, I'm good with this. I dislike brawl, and Sm4sh is supposed to be a mediator of Melee and Brawl, so yeah it's fine by me. You said there would be no wavedash button, but will there be no wavedash in general? Will there be land canceling? Will air dodging encompass both Melee and Brawl's airdodge? (non-directional airdodging would do Brawl's, directional is Melee). How will guarding work? Will this work be simply the smash system with Touhou characters in it, or will you add your own unique Touhou mechanics?

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2015, 03:07:36 PM »
So this game will more closely resemble Sm4sh huh?

For the most part, yes.

You said there would be no wavedash button, but will there be no wavedash in general? Will there be land canceling? Will air dodging encompass both Melee and Brawl's airdodge? (non-directional airdodging would do Brawl's, directional is Melee). How will guarding work?

Most of these question I cannot answer just yet.  At the moment, we don't even have a fully functional character, let alone mechanics.

Will this work be simply the smash system with Touhou characters in it, or will you add your own unique Touhou mechanics?

Though we haven't come to that point yet, we are thinking of adding such a unique mechanic, perhaps in a fighting mode. But it's too early to say.

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2015, 03:35:04 PM »
GOSH I hope my favorites make it ;_;

Btw, I sent you a PM, I wonder if you received it D: If not I can try sending you an email <3

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2015, 03:42:43 PM »
Excuse me Savory :3
How can i talk to you, i don't want a fight, or argue with you, actually i'm interested in the project :3
is there a way to talk to you more properly?
Thank you for the announcement

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, we are happy to announce the opening of our
. Here you will be able to vote for three characters (based on your preferences) that you'd like to appear as playable in the game.

The poll will go on indefinitely until further notice.

UPDATE! The link to the poll has changed due to issues concerning SurveyMonkey! Those who have already voted, kindly cast  your vote once again. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2015, 04:15:47 PM »
Most of these question I cannot answer just yet.  At the moment, we don't even have a fully functional character, let alone mechanics.
Following on that, do you have any intention of correcting balance if necessary like, say, Project M? Or will you just playtest it for a while and leave it at that? Balance is a tough thing.

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2015, 04:35:42 PM »
I would love to help out with Concept art, but haven't received a PM yet. If you're full, then that's fine.

So is it time for everyone to post their favorite character's moveset ideas yet?  :derp:

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2015, 04:55:45 PM »
Following on that, do you have any intention of correcting balance if necessary like, say, Project M? Or will you just playtest it for a while and leave it at that? Balance is a tough thing.

Well of course we'll do our best to balance the characters.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2015, 05:11:50 PM »
I meant balance after the game get released.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2015, 05:37:13 PM »
I meant balance after the game get released.

I suppose that's also within the realm of possibility.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2015, 06:14:04 PM »
So is it time for everyone to post their favorite character's moveset ideas yet?  :derp:
As much as I want certain characters in (mostly my top 3 Kaguya/Flan/Reisen but a bunch of others as well), I have no idea what their movesets would be, lol.

EDIT: Regarding the poll, what happens if someone votes 3 times the same character?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:17:10 PM by Flandre5carlet »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2015, 06:32:04 PM »
Regarding the poll, what happens if someone votes 3 times the same character?

Good question. We will only count said character once. It's merely pointless to vote thrice.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:44:09 PM by Savory »

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2015, 07:47:35 PM »
And in the case of someone voting three times, will you only count it as 1 or 3 points?

Gabo7

• 3D Artist & Programmer
  • Watatsukiphile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2015, 08:02:16 PM »
And in the case of someone voting three times, will you only count it as 1 or 3 points?

It will count as 3 points.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2015, 08:31:36 PM »

It is only counted as three points, the points awarded to your most wanted characters. The duplicates are not acknowledged.

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2015, 11:25:41 PM »
I'd like to see if there's anything I can help out with as a programmer. I've done coding before, mostly from university and high school, but I've never used Unity or C# (although when I heard about this project I went ahead and downloaded Unity, and am currently going through the tutorials).

james7132

• Sleepyhead Programmer
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2015, 12:13:37 AM »
A small update:
  • we are trying to get our project management stuff out of the way (task management and content management). Both our tasks and received content will be publicly available.
  • we've decided on a licensing scheme. This project will be under GPL v3 for all code created for it. This is largely to deter any attempts to commercialize this open source project. For non-code content, we are still trying to come to a consensus regarding it.
  • we are looking for a way to set up an open mailbox for general contributions. Even if it is toward something that we are not working on, (i.e. a model for a character not on the current character list), it helpful (see below). Just make sure it violates nobody's copyrights, especially ZUN's.  Good practice is: if you don't own the rights to it, don't send it.
  • To those asking will X character be added, the easiest way to get a character you want in the game is to contribute content related to them. (i.e. Want Reisen? Send us a model of her/her LoLK gun, a 2D portrait of her, or an arrangement of Lunatic Full Moon). If we recieve enough content, it would be foolish of us NOT to add said character.
  • Forking the project and creating your own derivative of it will be fully allowed. Don't like something about how we're doing it? Fork it, fix whatever you see fit, make a pull request. If we like it too, we will incorporate it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 12:15:34 AM by james7132 »

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2015, 01:20:26 AM »
Ah, was wondering when this was gonna pop up.

I wonder if Wriggle will have some Captain Falcon inspired moves.

That's the best I can think of when it comes to her, maybe with some bug projectiles here and there.
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2015, 01:46:25 AM »
I can assist coming up with some movesets if you wish V:

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2015, 02:35:51 AM »

Is this the only way? I'd like to vote, but I don't have a Google account.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2015, 03:28:05 AM »
Just saw this.

Tally-Ho on the Hype Train!

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2015, 04:26:51 AM »
Is this the only way? I'd like to vote, but I don't have a Google account.

You...don't need one...  ???

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2015, 04:30:37 AM »
You...don't need one...  ???

You do to use forms, won't let ya past without logging in.
Just tried it.
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2015, 04:31:56 AM »
    • Forking the project and creating your own derivative of it will be fully allowed. Don't like something about how we're doing it? Fork it, fix whatever you see fit, make a pull request. If we like it too, we will incorporate it.

I take it this won't be the primary mode of development then? ie, you will have a core team with set goals and objectives.[/list]