Author Topic: Danmaku!! Let me AX you a question  (Read 246794 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Re: Danmaku!! Let me AX you a question
« Reply #840 on: August 23, 2016, 09:15:24 AM »
Swallow's Cowrie Shell. I don't agree with it being objectively better than the published version of Stopwatch, and arguably better at what Sorcerer's Sutra Scroll does as well (+1 life on entering play means you get +2 cards once you lose that life)

Also, if it's Borrowed, then does the new owner gain one life and draw a card?

Tengu's Fan. For as long as Remilia can ward off Seal Away (possibly with the assistance of an allied Aya?) she becomes untouchable by anything short of spellcards (or, Reimu's homing attacks). Discard a card; draw a card for avoiding; and so forth. I'm pretty sure that's one of two big reasons Aya cancels instead of guarantees evasion.

Hakurei Purification Rod. Nitori uses her spell to null the holder's items; can the spell still be cancelled by discarding a card?
Moreover, due to a target of spells frequently being chosen after card revealing, card draw effects and the like, it could cause a lot more backpedaling than there already is by letting any discard cancel spells instead of just Bombs.

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
  • Highly Responsive to Jinxes
« Reply #841 on: August 23, 2016, 12:08:39 PM »
Regarding Sword of Hisou: in Hearthstone, there's the card Spellslinger, that gives you and the opponent each any one spell.
You getting an awesome random spell from Spellslinger, while your opponent gets a shitty one, is, statistically seen, rare and random, but it still feels awful if you're on the receiving end because you can do nothing about it. And to me, that's what the Winter effect of the Sword of Hisou feels like. Random, but if you can't do anything about it, then great, no Spell Card for you.
And there are ways in the game to manipulate RNG, albeit only few (Keine's passive ability, Voile, Master Plan).
In general, IMO, you should try to avoid using effects that limit any player in options ("you can't avoid/ cancel" [like Remi's Spell Card], "you can't play type X card" [like Reimu's Spell Card], etc.), unless you counter balance it. (Remi's spell is pure aggro and does not synergize with her passive, Reimu's spell inconveniences EVERYONE, possibly even herself if not careful [like when banning dodge cards]), and even then you should only use such effects with caution. Players just don't like having their options being taken away.

Nuclear Control Rod:
I like it, both effects have the same theme (pure aggro), and I think it's fairly balanced.
The "regardless of range" portion is also interesting, since it means you can spend extra Shoot! for your first attack to target someone normally out of your range, but you only need to discard another one for an extra attack, meaning that you can play around the Range/ Distance of people a bit, without completely negating the mechanic.

Swallow's Cowrie Shell:
This card is broken. Period. It's power creep at its finest.
It's basically Sutra Scroll and Stop Watch combined, but EVEN BETTER.
+ Distance + 2 additional Danmaku: it's already Stop Watch.
+ Range: Now it's more powerful.
+ 1 max hand size + draw 1 card: Stop it already!
+ 1 Max Life + 1 Current Life:  :objection!:
At least you don't draw an extra card per turn. But you do when playing the card, and most times, Sutra Scroll doesn't stay longer anyway because people don't like others having more card draw.
The fun of this type of game is having choice. But just imagine you have this card, Stopwatch and Sutra Scroll in your hand. Which card would you play? Stopwatch? It's contained within Cowrie Shell. Sutra Scroll? It's objectively weaker than Cowrie Shell, so why would you?
Also, while it is less of a problem here than in Trading/ Collectible Card Games, since we all draw off of the same deck, it still feels terrible if your opponent draws an objectively MUCH better card than you do. Not situationally better, but objectively better. 100% of the time.
It's nice that you wanted to introduce an all "around stat booster", but make something like "+Range, +Distance, +1Attack/Round". That's enough already.
It may not be as good as the Stopwatch, since you're missing one Attack per Round, but hey, when you don't have too many Danmaku cards in hand, then having Range instead is actually better. Unless you don't need the Range, either. Then both are equally as good.
And regarding the life gain, like I said in my previous post, it's nice to play around with, but there's a reason why Mystery Parfait decided to keep it limited. Because it just makes the game drag on. And Max Life gain just makes things confusing, IMO, especially if it can shift as quickly as with an Artifact that can be Sealed Away.

Tengu's Fan:
Tengu's Fan. For as long as Remilia can ward off Seal Away (possibly with the assistance of an allied Aya?) she becomes untouchable by anything short of spellcards (or, Reimu's homing attacks). Discard a card; draw a card for avoiding; and so forth. I'm pretty sure that's one of two big reasons Aya cancels instead of guarantees evasion.
Nice catch, I didn't even realize that. But that's a serious problem, indeed.

Miracle Mallet Rebellion:
I think Zhelot made a card like this once, too? It got confusing really quickly. Though it was fun in just how ridiculous things could get.
Though personally, I would limit it to putting 3 incidents into play, and then it resolving itself, because the more incidents to keep track of, the more complex everything becomes, and you usually want to minimize complexity. That, and some of the combinations of incidents can just be terrible and unfun.
"Everybody is in Range" "Unlimited Danmaku uses" "No Life Regain"
Someone is going to die really quickly is all I'm saying, and that's "only" 3 incidents. >.>
Anyway, nice concept, but it needs thorough testing.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #842 on: August 23, 2016, 02:48:09 PM »
Swallow's Cowrie Shell:
This card is broken. Period. It's power creep at its finest.
It's basically Sutra Scroll and Stop Watch combined, but EVEN BETTER.
+ Distance + 2 additional Danmaku: it's already Stop Watch.
+ Range: Now it's more powerful.
+ 1 max hand size + draw 1 card: Stop it already!
+ 1 Max Life + 1 Current Life:  :objection!:
At least you don't draw an extra card per turn. But you do when playing the card, and most times, Sutra Scroll doesn't stay longer anyway because people don't like others having more card draw.
The fun of this type of game is having choice. But just imagine you have this card, Stopwatch and Sutra Scroll in your hand. Which card would you play? Stopwatch? It's contained within Cowrie Shell. Sutra Scroll? It's objectively weaker than Cowrie Shell, so why would you?
Also, while it is less of a problem here than in Trading/ Collectible Card Games, since we all draw off of the same deck, it still feels terrible if your opponent draws an objectively MUCH better card than you do. Not situationally better, but objectively better. 100% of the time.
It's nice that you wanted to introduce an all "around stat booster", but make something like "+Range, +Distance, +1Attack/Round". That's enough already.
It may not be as good as the Stopwatch, since you're missing one Attack per Round, but hey, when you don't have too many Danmaku cards in hand, then having Range instead is actually better. Unless you don't need the Range, either. Then both are equally as good.
And regarding the life gain, like I said in my previous post, it's nice to play around with, but there's a reason why Mystery Parfait decided to keep it limited. Because it just makes the game drag on. And Max Life gain just makes things confusing, IMO, especially if it can shift as quickly as with an Artifact that can be Sealed Away.
Swallow's Cowrie Shell. I don't agree with it being objectively better than the published version of Stopwatch, and arguably better at what Sorcerer's Sutra Scroll does as well (+1 life on entering play means you get +2 cards once you lose that life)

Also, if it's Borrowed, then does the new owner gain one life and draw a card?

Hmm... I didn't realize that Stopwatch was being made obsolete here...

---

Powerup / Artifact Card
Swallow's Cowrie Shell

+1 max life, max hand size, Distance and Range.

When you put this card into play, draw a card.

---

Danmaku boost removed, life gain removed, and it can be lost from a hit. However, as for the shifting of max life totals, doesn't that usually happen with Crisis of Faith anyway?

Regarding Sword of Hisou: in Hearthstone, there's the card Spellslinger, that gives you and the opponent each any one spell.
You getting an awesome random spell from Spellslinger, while your opponent gets a shitty one, is, statistically seen, rare and random, but it still feels awful if you're on the receiving end because you can do nothing about it. And to me, that's what the Winter effect of the Sword of Hisou feels like. Random, but if you can't do anything about it, then great, no Spell Card for you.
And there are ways in the game to manipulate RNG, albeit only few (Keine's passive ability, Voile, Master Plan).
In general, IMO, you should try to avoid using effects that limit any player in options ("you can't avoid/ cancel" [like Remi's Spell Card], "you can't play type X card" [like Reimu's Spell Card], etc.), unless you counter balance it. (Remi's spell is pure aggro and does not synergize with her passive, Reimu's spell inconveniences EVERYONE, possibly even herself if not careful [like when banning dodge cards]), and even then you should only use such effects with caution. Players just don't like having their options being taken away.

I thought that the fact that it was controlled by the top card's season WAS the counter-balance... Still, it's too much, then...

---

Artifact Card
Sword of Hisou

Once per round, whenever your attack hits another player, you may discard a card. If you do, reveal the top card of the deck and perform the following action according to its season.

Spring: You gain 1 life.
Summer: You may attack that player again, regardless of range.
Autumn: You draw two cards.
Winter: Force the player that you hit to trash an Item card of your choice in play.

---

Since I couldn't think of a new Winter effect outside of "opponent loses 1 life", which is cheap, I decided to simply give it Summer's effect and make a new Summer effect instead. Since it's a once per round effect, it can't be repeated, so it should be fine.

Tengu's Fan:Nice catch, I didn't even realize that. But that's a serious problem, indeed.

Sigh. I didn't even think of Remilia when I made this card(and I kind of don't see the fact that she can synergize with this card as a "serious problem", especially when Borrows and Marisa herself exist as a counterbalance). Still, if it's a problem...

---

Artifact Card
Tengu's Fan

+1 Range and Distance.

Once per round, whenever you are attacked, you may discard a card to avoid that attack.

---

Limited to once a round, but can now dodge any attack in exchange, so it's like trading a card in your hand for a Graze to use immediately.

Hakurei Purification Rod. Nitori uses her spell to null the holder's items; can the spell still be cancelled by discarding a card?
Moreover, due to a target of spells frequently being chosen after card revealing, card draw effects and the like, it could cause a lot more backpedaling than there already is by letting any discard cancel spells instead of just Bombs.

The backpedaling doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to me, since it's the same as with Bombs, and a player can only use it once per round. Also, since it's effectively a "discard a card to Bomb" thing, I would think that it could stop Nitori's spellcard, so...

Miracle Mallet Rebellion:
I think Zhelot made a card like this once, too? It got confusing really quickly. Though it was fun in just how ridiculous things could get.
Though personally, I would limit it to putting 3 incidents into play, and then it resolving itself, because the more incidents to keep track of, the more complex everything becomes, and you usually want to minimize complexity. That, and some of the combinations of incidents can just be terrible and unfun.
"Everybody is in Range" "Unlimited Danmaku uses" "No Life Regain"
Someone is going to die really quickly is all I'm saying, and that's "only" 3 incidents. >.>
Anyway, nice concept, but it needs thorough testing.

You make a good point about it needing a limit, but as for complexity, I do believe that Moogs told me that I had to write in that "do the incidents in the order in which they are played" in order for it to not be confusing. So, for now, I would wish that it was possible to make a test version of this card to find out if it's viable.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
« Reply #843 on: August 23, 2016, 03:36:03 PM »
Powerup / Artifact Card
Swallow's Cowrie Shell

+1 max life, max hand size, Distance and Range.

When you put this card into play, draw a card.

---

Danmaku boost removed, life gain removed, and it can be lost from a hit. However, as for the shifting of max life totals, doesn't that usually happen with Crisis of Faith anyway?
It does happen with Crisis of Faith, yes, but that's limited to once per game. But it's still a case where we had to ask Moogs once how to deal with a full life former heroine now having less max life.

Sigh. I didn't even think of Remilia when I made this card(and I kind of don't see the fact that she can synergize with this card as a "serious problem", especially when Borrows and Marisa herself exist as a counterbalance). Still, if it's a problem...
Requiring a random character to balance another random character, or a card that exists two(?) times in a deck with... I forgot how many cards, but it's a lot, is not a good counter balance. Remilia becomes nearly unbeatable with the old version, and having BARELY ANY counter measures against something that upsets the ENTIRE game is troublesome. (True, Seal Away could still work, but considering this is a card that benefits Remilia INCREDIBLY MUCH more than any other character, that means that anyone who does not play Remilia immediately has a huge disadvantage just for not playing as Remilia, who is already a good character on her own.)
That's one of the big problems with this type of game (TCG/ CCG type games), not accidentally breaking something by creating something players can exploit. And even experienced game designers still accidentally break stuff, just take a look at Blizzard with Hearthstone.
I think your new solution works better, although seeing how it is mostly defensive, maybe this should become a Defense card instead of an Artifact? Not saying that my opinion is right, but I did notice you mostly creating Artifacts and barely any Defense cards. If you think it's strong enough to stay as an Artifact, then that's perfectly okay.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #844 on: August 23, 2016, 04:27:45 PM »
It does happen with Crisis of Faith, yes, but that's limited to once per game. But it's still a case where we had to ask Moogs once how to deal with a full life former heroine now having less max life.

I thought that "said Heroine effectively just loses that life in accordance to her new life total" was a more obvious thing.  :wat:

Requiring a random character to balance another random character, or a card that exists two(?) times in a deck with... I forgot how many cards, but it's a lot, is not a good counter balance. Remilia becomes nearly unbeatable with the old version, and having BARELY ANY counter measures against something that upsets the ENTIRE game is troublesome. (True, Seal Away could still work, but considering this is a card that benefits Remilia INCREDIBLY MUCH more than any other character, that means that anyone who does not play Remilia immediately has a huge disadvantage just for not playing as Remilia, who is already a good character on her own.)
That's one of the big problems with this type of game (TCG/ CCG type games), not accidentally breaking something by creating something players can exploit. And even experienced game designers still accidentally break stuff, just take a look at Blizzard with Hearthstone.
I think your new solution works better, although seeing how it is mostly defensive, maybe this should become a Defense card instead of an Artifact? Not saying that my opinion is right, but I did notice you mostly creating Artifacts and barely any Defense cards. If you think it's strong enough to stay as an Artifact, then that's perfectly okay.

Hm... Tengu's Fan does sound more like a defensive card, huh?

---

Powerup / Defense Card
Tengu's Fan

+1 Range and Distance.

Once per round, whenever you are attacked, you may discard a card to avoid that attack.

---

That should do it, since it can be lost by taking a hit as well.

And technically, I was brewing up Artifacts because Moogs stated that it was a focus of future developments. Still, I do have an idea for a non-Item card...

---

Action Card
Exchange

Choose a player. Trade up to 2 Item cards that you have in play for the same number of Item cards that that player has in play, or trade up to 3 cards from your hand for the same number of cards chosen at random that that player has in their hand.

---

What do you think of this?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
« Reply #845 on: August 23, 2016, 05:16:11 PM »
Action Card
Exchange

Choose a player. Trade up to 2 Item cards that you have in play for the same number of Item cards that that player has in play, or trade up to 3 cards from your hand for the same number of cards chosen at random that that player has in their hand.
It's interesting to say the least. It's basically "Borrow" with a catch. I don't know about the hand card exchange, as players tend to get pissed if you steal those from them, but since you get (generally useless (to you)) cards in exchange rather than just losing them, it might be okay. The only way to say if this card works out or not is to get the opinion of the actual creators of the game and/ or test it out.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #846 on: August 23, 2016, 07:50:43 PM »
Backpedaling isn't something I have an issue with as is because there are only four Bomb cards in the deck that can actually cause that. But I think there should be some greater barrier to cancelling Spells on a regular basis (discard an Invocation card instead?)

It's hard to say whether Exchange would be something people -want- to use. Even giving a person 2 shoots from your hand could be dangerous and (IMO) seen as an act of desperation if you're cycling them out randomly.
Similarly, even the most common item card to have in play - Power - isn't something I would hand over to an enemy or friend in bulk, for the sake of obtaining an artifact or whatnot in return.

Something that allows evasion inherently benefits Remilia more than anything else - two examples being Supernatural Border and ZA WARUDO. Of course, one is an unreliable, transient powerup card and the other is a Bomb, so. Yukari also has a similar issue but at least she's not paid to dodge things.

I think an alternative means of "being" Aya would be to look at the disposable toy camera in Impossible Spellcard. It does cancel attacks, but to emulate its limited usage you could give it a chance to break after each cancel?

Well. I'm just theorizing now.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #847 on: August 23, 2016, 09:14:54 PM »
I think the best potential Exchange would have would be to dump something dangerous into the hands of someone far away from you while hopefully taking their defensive stuff. Bolsters your defense, weakens theirs, poses a threat to other players who will hopefully eat the majority of the offensive power you just gave them. If they're at low health even better, since you just made them a threat and they now should be easy for other, closer players to finish off.

While that is potentially a game-winning play it is pretty niche though. Not sure you would be happy to draw that card a vast majority of the time.

Edit: I guess it could be very useful in certain weird role-based situations too.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:17:18 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #848 on: September 16, 2016, 01:31:27 AM »
Eyyyy I recognize you from the touhou subreddit. I gotta admit I didn't expect this to get so far, but life is full of surprises~

Congratz!  :)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #849 on: September 21, 2016, 06:52:25 PM »
Got my playmats in the mail today. Lookin' pretty sharp! That was surprisingly fast. I wouldn't have been shocked to get these in like, November given when the order period ended.

(Incidentally the box was squashed to hell and a significant amount of the tape was popped off as a result. Didn't hurt the contents any and was definitely the postal service's fault and not yours, but that's how I found mine just in case it ever comes up.)

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #850 on: September 21, 2016, 11:05:47 PM »
Inked Gaming was super fast. Within thirty minutes of them getting in the office we'd completed the transaction, then later they apologized that they'd be delayed cause they had to order materials and I was like "wut, don't worry."  I was in communication with them way ahead of time and they knew I'd be ordering on the 6th so I guess that could be an oversight on their part.

Did you get a white triangle box or a brown rectangle?  The latter I'm really unhappy with. I had to tape the crap out of them or they'd pop open in minutes, but I expected the triangles to hold up better.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 11:07:25 PM by Moogs Parfait »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #851 on: September 22, 2016, 12:04:02 AM »
White triangle. Still popped open, but like I said, it looks like somebody dropped a piano on it so it may have been fine otherwise.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #852 on: November 04, 2016, 07:13:53 PM »
These playmats are boss. Moogs is the best shipper.

I ordered mine because I felt like throwing money at things until I felt better, and a couple days later my mom called me asking why a tube showed up at her house from the mail (I probably put in the wrong address by accident lol) and I was flabbergasted that it was the mat that'd already came in.

Mine came in a cardboard tube which was really convenient. Came with tracking and everything, really great.

Also it's a huge mat and looks really cool.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:29:50 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #853 on: November 05, 2016, 10:32:34 PM »
I try to offer the customer service that I would want =D

Glad you like the playmat! About the address: you've probably still got your old address stored in Paypal. You're not the first person who has had it show up at their parents place.  :V

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #854 on: November 06, 2016, 03:00:35 AM »
Boop
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 01:10:14 PM by Moogs Parfait »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #855 on: November 24, 2016, 11:11:02 AM »
For the sake of the topic and so Moogs doesn't have to bump the thread, I will post all of the card ideas that I have come up with until now here in this post.

---

Artifact Card
Hakurei Purification Rod

Once per round, whenever your attack hits another player, you may discard a card. If you do, force the player to trash a Item card of your choice that they have in play. (If multiple players are hit at the same time, you can only affect one of them.)

Once per round, if you are the target of a Spell Card, you may discard a card from your hand to cancel it.

---

Defense Card
Sacrificial Doll

Whenever you are hit by a attack, you may discard a card from your hand to either negate its damage or to not discard a Powerup card for being hit. You may use this effect only once per hit taken.

---

Artifact Card
Nuclear Control Rod

Once per round, whenever you hit another player with a Danmaku card, you may discard a card to attack that player again, regardless of range.

Once per round, whenever you are attacked by another player, you may discard a card. Attack the attacker, regardless of range.

---

Powerup / Defense Card
Tengu's Fan

+1 Range and Distance.

---

Artifact Card
Sword of Hisou

Once per round, whenever your attack hits another player, you may discard a card. If you do, reveal the top card of the deck and perform the following action according to its season.

Spring: You gain 1 life.
Summer: You may attack that player again, regardless of range.
Autumn: You draw two cards.
Winter: Force the player that you hit to trash an Item card of your choice in play.

---

Action Card
Exchange

Choose a player. You may either trade up to 2 Item cards that you have in play for the same number of Item cards that that player has in play, or trade up to 3 cards from your hand for the same number of cards chosen at random that that player has in their hand.

---

Incident Card
Miracle Mallet Rebellion

When this Incident enters play, draw a card from the Incident deck and put it into play. (Apply the effects of each incident in the order in which they are put into play, starting with this one.)

Once per round, draw a card from the Incident deck and put it into play.

When this Incident is resolved, draw a card from the Incident deck and put it into play.

Resolution: 3 Incidents are resolved.

---

Changes are as follows:

Sacrificial Doll is changed to no longer be a Powerup card. This is due to a scenario that I thought of where "If this was the only Powerup in play and you're hit, could you use the effect of damage negation before you would be forced to discard it?" and decided to avoid the potential confusion instead. Got to keep it simple.

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
« Reply #856 on: November 24, 2016, 12:35:30 PM »
Sacrificial Doll is changed to no longer be a Powerup card. This is due to a scenario that I thought of where "If this was the only Powerup in play and you're hit, could you use the effect of damage negation before you would be forced to discard it?" and decided to avoid the potential confusion instead. Got to keep it simple.

But now you have the problem that this card becomes overly powerful while you don't have any powerup cards at all (or are one of the characters that does not need to discard powerups, in which case, it doesn't matter anyway), as that means that, not only can you negate all the damage incoming to you (which includes Spell Cards that may deal more than one damage with one hit, like Marisa's), but you don't have any drawback to it, since you can't lose any powerups, anyway, making this item in this situation a more powerful version of Aya's passive ability, which must use danmaku cards to avoid a danmaku attack.

Also, if all what you want to do is to make sure there's no confusion with the Sacrificial Doll's ordering, just phrase its effect as "Whenever you are about to be hit by an attack [...]", meaning that this card's effect clearly triggers before the actual hit and thus the discarding of a powerup.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #857 on: November 25, 2016, 05:39:41 PM »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #858 on: November 26, 2016, 03:32:51 AM »
But now you have the problem that this card becomes overly powerful while you don't have any powerup cards at all (or are one of the characters that does not need to discard powerups, in which case, it doesn't matter anyway), as that means that, not only can you negate all the damage incoming to you (which includes Spell Cards that may deal more than one damage with one hit, like Marisa's), but you don't have any drawback to it, since you can't lose any powerups, anyway, making this item in this situation a more powerful version of Aya's passive ability, which must use danmaku cards to avoid a danmaku attack.

Also, if all what you want to do is to make sure there's no confusion with the Sacrificial Doll's ordering, just phrase its effect as "Whenever you are about to be hit by an attack [...]", meaning that this card's effect clearly triggers before the actual hit and thus the discarding of a powerup.

...and C&C like this is why I'm glad that I reposted my stuff. Thanks for catching that, NCS.

---

Powerup / Defense Card
Sacrificial Doll

Whenever you are about to be hit by a attack, you may discard a card from your hand to either negate its damage or to not discard a Powerup card for being hit. You may use this effect only once per hit taken.

---

Appropriate fairy is appropriate.

December 12/4 Edit: Thought of a new card, although I need to hammer it out a bit...

---

Danmaku Card
Deep Ecological Bomb

Attack a player regardless of range. This card cannot be cancelled.

---

Given that Laser Shot is a Danmaku that can't be dodged, but can be cancelled, I feel that a Danmaku card that is the reverse of that card would also be useful. After all, it's the only Danmaku card that can't be stopped by a Bomb(fitting that a bomb can be defeated by a bigger bomb), plus the fact that it doesn't respect range any more than Laser Shot does makes it useful still.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:55:08 AM by Kirin no Sora »

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #859 on: December 13, 2016, 03:32:53 AM »
For everyone who has alerts for this thread, I've started a new one for the expansion:

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,20478.0.html