Author Topic: Touhou Kart!  (Read 82184 times)

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Re: Touhou Kart!
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2015, 08:25:39 AM »
I've managed to create a rudimentary Japanese translation (though since it's primarily from Google Translate and/or copied from the Touhou Wiki, there are a lot of errors, since I don't speak much Japanese at all).

Hey, that looks pretty good! Glad this is still going strong.

Hoeloe

• Chasing fading vapour trails...
« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2015, 11:05:45 AM »
the text looks nice. Do you have all those stages working, or just a moke up?

As for my patreon idea.... given what happened with touhou smash, that may not be the best thing. It's not crowd funding a game really, its supporting an artist, which they seem ok with but, check with someone first

Those stages are all working and in the game now. They will be playable come the demo release.

As for the crowdfunding, I never intended to crowd fund this, and if I did run a patreon, it would likely be to support me as an indie developer (for my other project), rather than to fund the development of Touhou Kart. Of course, I would check with ZUN before raising funds for or selling Touhou Kart (not that I currently intend to do either).
Touhou Kart? Touhou Kart.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2015, 02:51:04 PM »
As for the crowdfunding, I never intended to crowd fund this, and if I did run a patreon, it would likely be to support me as an indie developer (for my other project), rather than to fund the development of Touhou Kart. Of course, I would check with ZUN before raising funds for or selling Touhou Kart (not that I currently intend to do either).
You're not terribly likely to actually get a response from ZUN. However, the miscellaneous questions thread (in TARC) would be a good place to ask for advice on Patreon and Touhou derivative works, especially in light of recent events. I'm sure there are a lot of people there who can help share insight on the matter.

« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2015, 04:53:29 PM »
Those stages are all working and in the game now. They will be playable come the demo release.

Ah I see. I am excited to play the demo. Any chance you may release more videos soon? The only video I could find on your youtube is back from 2013, and judging by the screenshots you have improved the game a lot

If you did a patreon just for your works as a developer I would glady give you money. I also know a few friends that are very excited for a touhou mario kart game thats like old school mario kart like yours.

Hoeloe

« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2015, 05:32:56 PM »
Ah I see. I am excited to play the demo. Any chance you may release more videos soon? The only video I could find on your youtube is back from 2013, and judging by the screenshots you have improved the game a lot

If you did a patreon just for your works as a developer I would glady give you money. I also know a few friends that are very excited for a touhou mario kart game thats like old school mario kart like yours.

I'm reluctant to release more videos, because I'm still working with a single, temporary model. I hope that will change soon, and I can start releasing videos again.

« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2015, 01:50:38 AM »
I'm reluctant to release more videos, because I'm still working with a single, temporary model. I hope that will change soon, and I can start releasing videos again.

Thats understandable, but you could possible make videos showing the course with just 1 reimu driving it, or just the camera giving  fly by.

Hoeloe

« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2015, 11:05:55 AM »
Thats understandable, but you could possible make videos showing the course with just 1 reimu driving it, or just the camera giving  fly by.

I considered both of those, but I decided to release a video when I get the final Reimu model sorted out. Hopefully that shouldn't be too long...

« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2015, 04:17:53 PM »
I considered both of those, but I decided to release a video when I get the final Reimu model sorted out. Hopefully that shouldn't be too long...

Oh cool. Did you find a modeler or you doing it yourself?

Hoeloe

« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2015, 08:21:39 PM »
Oh cool. Did you find a modeler or you doing it yourself?

I think I've found someone. Hopefully.