Author Topic: Touhou - Birth of Unyielding Power (0.66)  (Read 59203 times)

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
Re: Touhou - Birth of Unyielding Power
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2012, 12:28:59 AM »
once you choose leave and go to the location choice menu, you can't go back. clicking menu brings you back to the menu screen alright, but clicking back brings you BACK to the Location selection screen again. just a minor detail, but an annoyance to those that forgot to do something (i.e. store items or sell junk or whatever) at the shrine.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2012, 12:34:36 AM »
once you choose leave and go to the location choice menu, you can't go back. clicking menu brings you back to the menu screen alright, but clicking back brings you BACK to the Location selection screen again. just a minor detail, but an annoyance to those that forgot to do something (i.e. store items or sell junk or whatever) at the shrine.
Select the shrine first (first area in the list; all others are dungeons) and click the "go" button to the right. Clicking "back" while in the menu takes you back to the screen the menu was called from, not all the way back to town.

Oh hey, my dungeon-generator test works. Time to code it. >_>
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:01:54 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2012, 03:58:37 AM »
* Blissful Beleaguered Buddhist suddenly realizes that you've been cooking all this up within the course of a week

Sweet youkai Jesus, dude, are you even human? :getdown:

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2012, 04:10:48 AM »
Question about dungeon :  you make dungeon layout like Fushigi no Gensokyo, or TPW 1?

And a little opinion, maybe you can insert random search point in dungeon for gathering material.

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2012, 04:55:43 AM »
Sweet youkai Jesus, dude, are you even human? :getdown:
N- yes. Yes. Definitely human. >_> <_<

Question about dungeon :  you make dungeon layout like Fushigi no Gensokyo, or TPW 1?

To put it simply, I have absolutely no intention of making a game of that scope. I do have other projects to work on after this one, and a job, after all, and I don't want to still be programming the game engine five months from now. ;)

It's also important not to lose sight of the fact this is written in javascript. Not flash, definitely not C++. So there are limits to take into consideration. Handling pathfinding and game logic (assuming your enemies aren't morons that run into walls and repeatedly drink all of their healing potions while at full health) can come up to some pretty heavy computing to begin with - doing it in an interpreted language while handling the display and update of a tile-based map and various animated sprites would be... yeaaaaah... :)

Dungeon exploration is done in a style similar to Desktop Dungeons, only with more content (ex, traps, hidden areas, bosses, events, shops...) and an actual battle system ?-la pretty much any SNES-era Final Fantasy (though without animated battle sprites - rather, your character image is your battle sprite) rather than "click-click-click monster is dead".

The contents of a room is only revealed when the player enters it, though stairs and cutscenes (generally leading to boss encounters) are revealed one room ahead. Other types of events (enemy encounters, treasure, traps...) are only shown as a general-purpose "!" (again, one room ahead only) and revealed once the player enters the room. It is possible to backtrack and leave through the entrance, otherwise the player must survive through 5 floors to reach the next exit.

And a little opinion, maybe you can insert random search point in dungeon for gathering material.

I like this idea (dunno if you've ever played Elona but it made me think of the ones in that), though it should be a rare occurrence. Crafting/upgrading materials are meant to be somewhat rare to prevent players from hoarding them and creating whatever equipment they need rather than exploring dungeons for what is commonly called "phat lewt".

Todo-listed. :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:47:29 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

Yao-Kun

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2012, 05:58:42 AM »
*Explanation*

Ah, I get the picture what kind of dungeon you'll make. (maybe)

I never played Elona. This search point idea come from Unchained Blade and Tales of The World RM  :)

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2012, 06:03:20 AM »
On that note, a Touhou mod for Elona would be the most wonderfully brainachey thing ever. :getdown:

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2012, 07:39:49 AM »
Elona was awesome. And for a roguelike, it was surprisingly forgiving on deaths. Just a slight stat penalty, and a dropped equip.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2012, 07:49:22 AM »
Elona was pretty epic. My favorite character was my prostitute character, who made a living getting people drunk out of their skulls and er... giving a lil' tail. That the game actually allowed me to play like this was not only hilarious but also awesome. She died of a wasting sickness of some kind at level 6 and never quite got recovered from this...

On the other hand, some of the events were just over the top. Sleeping and getting hit with a major mutation that transforms your hands into tentacles and prohibits you from equipping any weapon, or alternatively getting your equipment cursed (again for sleeping)? Bull-friggin-crap. Especially when you sleep in a bed of legendary quality and get hit with mutations 3 nights in a row. Equally frustrating was having an ally drown in a well just for walking over them.

Or having one drink from a well only to have an alien burst out of them and ruin the ever-loving crap out of the entire city. ...Thank god for nukes...

Maybe I'll give hacking it a whirl after this project if I'm not too busy by then... I miss playing Elona. :)

The dungeon layout generator works (not uploaded yet though). Dungeons may even be explorable sometime tonight (though there won't be any actual content...) Not all tilesets will be ready so I'll probably be using a placeholder. So hey, there's about 10 days left in the month and we're rapidly approaching something "playable" - looks like everything's on schedule!

Edit: Yep. Explorable dungeons tonight, it looks like...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:16:09 PM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2012, 02:50:50 AM »
Yeah, uh, did you do a wipe or something? I'm trying to log in, but it keeps giving me the 'Wrong Username/Password' error.

EDIT: No, obviously not a wipe, because trying to remake it resulted in the 'Account already exists' prompt.
EDIT 2: There we go, maybe I was using a ',' instead of a '.'.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:52:38 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »
Well, it's done. Very basic dungeon exploration is up (move with the arrow keys).

By very basic, I mean that...
- The tileset's somewhat of a placeholder.
- No "events" do anything except for the "stairs up" one.
- Not all planned event types are in ("material" spots, dungeon shops, etc..)
- There's just one (randomized) layout. Have fun figuring out what it is.
- It could be buggy. So far so good though.

Note that dungeons are only regenerated if you switch areas, so leaving and returning right away will keep the same dungeon layout as when you left.

So, time to get working on events...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:54:17 PM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2012, 10:32:32 PM »
There's just one (randomized) layout. Have fun figuring out what it is.

Answer: 9

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2012, 12:43:54 AM »
If you ever have any dungeons with poor lighting, you should have a message saying "It is pitch black. You are (un)likely to be eaten by a Rumia." :P

As for serious commentary...Any way to enable a zoom-in on the playing field? Everything looks a bit small and grainy in the default view. Hard to see.

Other than that this is progressing amazingly well.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:47:40 AM by Blissful Beleaguered Buddhist »

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2012, 01:36:57 AM »
So... Current updates...

- It is now possible to travel between floors, though not through parts of an area yet. The game will probably crash after the fifth floor anywhere because of this. :)
- Confirmation is asked before taking stairs (instead of instantly booting the player back out to the world map).
- The game's "event" scripting system is in place. Stairs use it, in fact.
- A new way of building text has been added - some "shop" options have more dialog as a result (ex, donating to Reimu).

Dungeons will start containing stuff pretty soon now. I'll also work on equipment (both the mechanics behind them and the menu option to handle them, as well as the shrine's equipment uncursing option), which will just leave spellcard/bonuses and combat. And Nitori's workshop. Oh yeah, and multi-player. And the game content, too. ...So yeah, almost done. :)

(For those curious, the game now weighs 208kb in code and data; 3.59mb with all images/music.)

As for serious commentary...Any way to enable a zoom-in on the playing field? Everything looks a bit small and grainy in the default view. Hard to see.
I would recommend using ctrl and the mouse wheel to zoom in. You can press F11 to go full-screen too. It looks pretty good, all things considered. (This assumes you're using Firefox - Chrome seems to run the game just fine (small 1-pixel graphics errors sometimes though) and the same shortcuts work, though Chrome will add a vertical scrollbar before you can take up the whole screen.)

The tileset is just a placeholder so pardon the graininess for the time being. :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:38:47 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2012, 01:53:24 AM »
Time for the daily update! None of this is on the server yet (I'm trying to get material-gathering spots in as well) but it will be later tonight. Possibly a few more things will be added to the list...

- Dungeons are displayed in a slightly different way. Only unexplored explorable tiles are masked - the rest are shown as a "solid wall" graphic.
- Dungeons can also specify which layouts they use. Only two layouts are in and all dungeons use them right now, but the mechanics are done.
- Several keyboard shortcuts are coming in, such as "escape"  to bring up the menu. Given that much of the gameplay in the dungeon is keyboard-based, I felt this would be more appropriate.
- Treasure can be obtained from chests. The current item list is pretty small though. Note that items will be wiped upon leaving the dungeon as I haven't written the code to save them to the server yet (though this may be done by the time I do the update). At least you can get extra cash to donate to Reimoo.
- Several small additions have been made to the scripting engine, such as waiting for a keypress (spacebar) to dismiss a window.
- Support for material-gathering spots is in. As mentioned above, they will probably be functional by the update.

I figured this is as good a time as any to talk about the game's currently-implemented mechanics in-depth. :)

Shop (Buy, Sell, Identify)

The list of items is based on an internal flag every items has that identifies it as appearing in the shop. While not currently implemented, items that exceed your character's level by a certain amount will not be displayed.

Items are sold back to Rinnosuke at half their value. If an item is cursed, it is sold at 1/5th its value. If an item is not identified the curse penalty is not applied (as a player could easily tell which of their unidentified items are cursed by attempting to sell them; besides, it's not like Rinnosuke knows about it any more than you do).

Identifying an item costs 1/6th the item's actual value. Unlike selling, curses do not affect the item's value.

Offertory Box (Uncursing, Storage)

Uncursing an item is a very costly process. It's often better to just get rid of it rather than try to salvage it. It costs 125% the item's value. For identified cursed items, they will generally have negative enchantments so there generally isn't much of a point to it except in the rare case where the bonuses outweigh the penalties (ex, a weapon that increases magic and reduces strength is still useful for a magic-user). For equipped cursed items, well, no choice but to pay, really. >:)

Storing items is relatively inexpensive (5% of the item's cost, rounded up). Retrieving the item, on the other hand, is free. Items can be exchanged between characters (and are displayed in red) but this is very costly to discourage cheating (ie, using your super-high level character to get epic loot for your level 1 character). The item in this case will cost 75% of its value to transfer.

Dungeon Generation

The algorithm I use is a pretty simple one.

1. Create as many rooms as there are free spaces in the layout. Place each room in a list (leaving you with as many lists as there are rooms).
2. Pick a room at random. Select a random neighbor.
3. If the neighbor belongs to a different list, merge its list with the current room's list and connect the rooms.
4. If the neighbor is in the same list, each room can make an "internal" connection to another room in its list only once (to prevent "spaghetti" mazes).
5. Repeat from 2 until there is only one list left.

Because the rooms inside a list are always connected, once we've merged things down to a single list we can be sure that every room is accessible from every other room. Content is now generated in the rooms at random. Each area specifies its own density of treasure, traps, enemies, events, so forth.

To render the room, two groups of three tilesets are used. The first group contains the "room" tiles used to represent rooms with content. The second group contains the "passage" tiles used to represent rooms without content. The three sets in each group provide different variations on the tiles used; the first set is favored, then the second, and finally the last.

Here's the tileset current being used as a placeholder.

Item Generation

The dungeon level, referenced occasionally in this section, is calculated as follows: Area Level + (Current Floor / 3)

The following table is used to decide what type of item is obtained from a chest.   
50%Money
30%Consumable
6%Weapon
4%Armor
4%Hat
4%Accessory
2%Loot

If the contents are money, the following formula is used: ((DungeonLv + 1) x (DungeonLv + 3)) ? 16%.

If the contents are an item, it will be generated at a level between 5 below and 3 above the current dungeon level (the lower the difference, the more likely the item to be picked). Items and dungeons have special flags that indicate which "type" of items should be found in a dungeon, which also modifies the odds of getting an item (+50% or -50% per matching flag; there is also a set of "impossible" flags to prevent certain item types from ever appearing in a dungeon). Bonuses are not currently applied.

If an item is equipment, it is automatically unidentified and has a 1 in 32 chance of being cursed. Some areas can have a special flag that increases these odds to 1/8, and an other to reduce it to 1/128.

Characters

A few odds and ends...

I need to stress this point: the classes and races are based on their related characters; they aren't these characters. Not every half-ghost HAS to use a katana like Youmu. In fact, there's no reason why Youmu couldn't be an exception, and most half-ghosts are actually powerful magic-users rather than swordswomen. Granted, this isn't how I'll be doing this, but it's important to keep this in mind as I'm aiming way more for something balanced than something that mimics every character to perfection (for instance, weapon categories are distributed more or less evenly among the races/classes to give everything a roughly equal chance at being useful). I should also note that the characters are built around the game, not the other way around - I have no plans to include complex and involving mechanics that will only be usable by one single race/class.

The level cap is 50. A typical first run through the entire game will take a character to level ~30-35. Why 50? There are 65 classes/races and they all need some new spellcards every once in a while - say every 5-6 levels. Even ignoring the possibility of a skill tree, this means at least about a dozen spellcards per class/race. 780 spellcards. Yeah. Going to level 99 would either mean a thousand or two spellcards, or long stretches of leveling up before finally getting something new for your efforts. And again, this is assuming straightforward get-ability-x-at-level-y style skills - which as I'm hinting, is not what the game'll be doing. :) (Granted there'll be some overlap between some classes/races, but you get the idea nevertheless...) I also expect most people will want to play more than just one of the 65 races/classes, so being able to "complete" a character in a reasonable period of time seems like a plus (not that a character can't still progress once they hit the level cap, mind you).

Similar story for equipment. If every class/race has its own personal weapon, that's 65 weapon types. Given the earlier equipment-generation table, the odds of you...

1- Getting a weapon (6%)
2- Getting a weapon (6%) that's of the category you want (out of like 65 other; ~0.09%)
3- Getting a weapon (6%) that's of the category you want (out of like 65 other; ~0.09%) and that carries interesting bonuses

...becomes painfully low (~1/1000 chance of getting a weapon per chest, no word on what kinds of bonuses if any). There are only about 16 weapon categories as a result (though they're kept somewhat generalized) and all classes/races can be proficient in the use of several different types rather than just one specific weapon category.

Races/classes have no restriction on what they can equip. However they do have proficiencies. A shrine maiden, for instance, is proficient in the use of a gohei. Giving her a katana instead will impose penalties on its stats because your shrine maiden just wasn't trained in using a weapon like that. It doesn't mean she can't hold it in her hands and swing it around by any stretch of the imagination but pulling a Youmu just isn't going to happen. Likewise there's no reason a nekomata can't try to put on a shrine maiden dress - whatever divine protection it would have given a shrine maiden won't be granted to a nekomata but it's still a layer of clothes to buffer blows, though!

More will follow as it gets implemented. :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 03:11:10 PM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »
It's been a while since the last "daily" update. Gotta say doing the translation to KK2 has been cutting into my time a bit but it should be done in a day or so. :)

- Traps have been added. They're only place-holders though and as the combat mechanics aren't in yet, their effect is just a test as well.
- Events have been added. Like traps, they're only place-holders. Basic script commands are done but they'll mainly be added on a need-to-use basis.
- Characters are now fully saved. You get to keep everything you find in the dungeons. Your character is saved on the world map and on the Shrine grounds, except in a few cases where saving immediately is necessary (eg, when donating, so the list can be updated).
- Much of the server code has been rewritten. A few hiccups may occur but everything seems fine with the new code.
- In regards to the above, donating was broken for a few hours earlier today before I noticed the problem. It's been fixed.
- A few other small changes with no impact on the gameplay. (Ex: the information related to visited areas is in a new format that takes up less place in the DB).

I will now be implementing equipment - the battle system's right around the corner. Before that (and after equipment), the rest of the menu screen will be completed. So things are pretty far along. :)

Latest works
The Strongest

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2012, 06:48:27 PM »
Awesome! To quote Akihiko, "I've been waiting for this!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »
Awesome! To quote Akihiko, "I've been waiting for this!"

Oh you...All of us battle hungry fools have been! just a little longer, but KK2 is fine also (great series).

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2012, 08:41:06 AM »
Time for the daily update!

- Equipment now has stats.
- The blank box in most of the screens with an item listing now lists the item's stats and basic information about it.
- An additional box has been added to the shop screens to see the impact equipment has on the character's stats.
- The equipment screen's in. Equipment can now be equipped. The "proficiency" system mentioned in an earlier post isn't in yet, however.
- Reimu's "uncurse equipment" option now works.

Next will be the equipment enchantments and curses. After the next update the dungeons will start generating far more interesting stuff; the later areas should stop dropping books all the time...

So what's left? (In the intended order I'll be working on them...)
- Equipment bonuses/curses
- Skills and Bonuses
- Combat (actually, this is a bit of a big part :) )
- Death
- Dungeon shops
- Nitori's workshop (all of it...)
- PvP combat

PvP combat will be a low priority thing (not that anyone'll be able to get that much out of it until they've had a chance to build their characters for a bit) so after Nitori's Workshop I'll start adding content to the game while occasionally adding to the PvP engine. If I get enough of the combat system working by sept. 1st, I'll start adding the first "official" batch of characters/dungeons/etc., will reset the DB, and the game will be playable while I get the remaining parts of it up. :)

Latest works
The Strongest

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2012, 09:21:24 AM »
So if we can equip stuff, how come I can't?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2012, 09:24:26 AM »
So if we can equip stuff, how come I can't?
Hit ctrl+F5 to refresh your cache. You're still using the previous version of the script.

Latest works
The Strongest

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2012, 09:27:19 AM »
Updates yaaay!

Also, all trap squares should have a 1/XXth chance of spawning an encounter with Wriggle, instead. :getdown:

* Blissful Beleaguered Buddhist braces for inevitable bricking

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »
Also, all trap squares should have a 1/XXth chance of spawning an encounter with Wriggle, instead. :getdown:
Traps can define their own behavior entirely so encounter-spawning traps are a definite possibility. For instance, maids laying an ambush down for the SDM's newest intruder, or a swarm of Chen's cats mobbing what appears to be an easy target.

Latest works
The Strongest

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »
And it seems the chatbox is kinda broken. It's not displaying anything for me.
Probably just my bad connection though. It's been intermittent like hell these past few days.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2012, 10:21:04 AM »
And it seems the chatbox is kinda broken. It's not displaying anything for me.
Probably just my bad connection though. It's been intermittent like hell these past few days.
Naw, turns out there actually was a small problem with it. Seems I forgot to upload a file last update - it should work fine now. :) Thanks for pointing it out.

Latest works
The Strongest

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
Like I said in the chatbox, this game's chugging along awesomely. Should definitely be on time for the deadline you set yourself.
Zombie Catsquid Incidents notwithstanding of course.

Incidentally, as I also said in the chatbox, that would be an awesome name for a rock band.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Yao-Kun

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2012, 02:11:25 PM »
Awesome progress, but I think you should give a little chance to avoid trap floor (5% or less).
And I just realize, no hospital or something like that to recover health & mana?

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2012, 10:30:54 AM »
I think I'll let our favorite shrine maidens explain today's daily update.

Ahem. Yeah. I guess that wasn't a very good explanation. Anyhow.

• Added the weapon attack power to the status screen.
  • Reorganized the stat display order in the item info section wherever items are displayed.
  • Made the slot label ("weapon", "armor", etc.) in the equipment screen clickable (in addition to the item's name).
  • Made it so the world map keeps track of which part you're in instead of resetting the cursor to the first one when you leave the dungeon.
  • Made it so HP and MP are restored after leaving a dungeon.
  • Added a small test for Internet Explorer informing the player that the game won't work with their browser.
  • Fixed a bug: sometimes the "- Nothing -" item used to fill an empty equipment slot would be written to the item DB.
  • Fixed a bug: forgot to reset the item cursor when picking a different equipment slot.
  • Added equipment quality ("+"s).

Equipment quality is a bonus (eg, "gohei +3") equipment can get in addition to enchantments (eg, "gohei of sharpness"). The higher the dungeon's level in relation to the item's, the better the enchantment it's likely to get. The current set of items are all lv 1, so the later dungeons (eg, Mayohiga, part 3) can give very high plusses. When content comes in, items at an appropriate level for these high-level areas will usually come up instead - the game just doesn't have anything else to choose from right now so it at least tries to generate an item that's worthwhile for the level it's obtained in.

Cursed items will have a "-" instead of a "+" (and always at least -1). Their stats go down by 10% per "-". When uncursed it'll turn back into a "+" and its stats will be restored to what that "+" would normally give, which makes uncursing items somewhat more worthwhile than just discarding them. (Negative enchantments will remain though...)

I think you should give a little chance to avoid trap floor (5% or less).
There will be items and skills to deal with traps. Characters like, say, Tewi, for instance, will probably get some passive abilities that allow them to avoid traps. Equipment will be able to get enchantments that protect in various ways against them too. And single-use trap-destroying items and such will certainly come in eventually.

And I just realize, no hospital or something like that to recover health & mana?
There are no combat mechanics yet so it'd be pointless. However it took about a minute to implement it, so... figured I may as well get it out of the way now. :P
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:56:45 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »
On the subject of out-of-combat abilities would it make sense for Momiji types to be able to see a square or two farther given that Momiji's main ability is extremely acute vision?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2012, 12:32:40 AM »
Yeah, problem. I'm dicking around in Mayohiga 3 to get some interesting items, but when I exit with 'em, it keeps freezing up.
And it doesn't save them unless I return to the Shrine's Front Yard. But it's frozen on the area select screen. So I can't get back there TO save them. Forcing me to hit refresh, and hunt them all over again.

EDIT: Okay, it only does it when I try to exit via the endpoint. Going back the way I came does work.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 01:13:31 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!