Author Topic: Touhou Niseiden  (Read 2854 times)

Lunatic_Reimu

• No Bomb Enthusiast
Touhou Niseiden
« on: October 26, 2015, 05:23:16 PM »
Hello,
I've found this fangame called 東方偽異伝 Fake Strange Legend, also known as Touhou Niseiden, made by Raichu, download link is in the description of this video: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18223250. Script is for ph3. It plays like Touhou 1 HRtP, but with the cast of Touhou 6 EoSD.

The problem is when I'm extracting it, it is saying that one of the files is corrupt, and when I try to play the game, no tiles are showing up, a yin yang orb just comes in, and the game goes into All Clear as if I beat the script. Does anyone have a functioning copy of this script? There aren't too many games that pay homage to the first Touhou, so this would have been nice to try out. Thank you for any help in advance.  :3

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Touhou Niseiden
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 05:32:15 PM »
Hello,
I've found this fangame called 東方偽異伝 Fake Strange Legend, also known as Touhou Niseiden, made by Raichu, download link is in the description of this video: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18223250. Script is for ph3. It plays like Touhou 1 HRtP, but with the cast of Touhou 6 EoSD.

The problem is when I'm extracting it, it is saying that one of the files is corrupt, and when I try to play the game, no tiles are showing up, a yin yang orb just comes in, and the game goes into All Clear as if I beat the script. Does anyone have a functioning copy of this script? There aren't too many games that pay homage to the first Touhou, so this would have been nice to try out. Thank you for any help in advance.  :3
Sounds like language / file font issue. If the ZIP is in Japanese characters, so might be the content. Lack of Japanese font support on your local windows can cause the extraction to be wonky. I think 7zip and such knows how to deal with that.

Same goes for launching the game/script > Even though latest version of ph3 is JP friendly, I still run mine with AppLocal.

Lunatic_Reimu

• No Bomb Enthusiast
Re: Touhou Niseiden
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 06:44:39 PM »
Hi Helepolis,
thank you for your reply. I tried extracting it with 7zip just now, and I got the same issue. It is saying that images (.png files) for stage 3 and 4 are corrupt, the other files are extracting perfectly. I also tried with my system set to Japanese locale, but to no avail. I think the source I got it from must have corrupt over time.

I' hoping someone will provide another download link for the file, since there is a run of it on YouTube and Nico, there must be a functioning copy. Thanks again for any help.