Author Topic: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion  (Read 371657 times)

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
Re: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #600 on: November 11, 2012, 02:57:17 AM »
I want to see Yuuka in this game, although it certainly won't happen.

I love Yuuka but I accepted the fact she's often missing in games.

I like to pretend she's just so OP she'd break the game.

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
« Reply #601 on: November 11, 2012, 05:13:10 AM »
The main reason I wouldn't grab onto this is because neither SWR nor Soku followed this,
Unless I am overlooking something, in SWR it still follows since 東方緋想:比那名居子. What's intriguing is that the same pattern extends to all the print works as well. Thanks for pointing this out, you've convinced me to believe that Shinki will make appearance in the game. And of course I will welcome the decision to bring Shinki back with open arms.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 06:20:37 AM by KFCbbQ »

Drake

« Reply #602 on: November 11, 2012, 06:51:26 AM »
wow shit how did I miss that

PRETTY SURE SOKU HAS LIKE NO EXTRA CHARACTERS EXCEPT DAIDARABOCCHI AND NAMAZU THOUGH SO YEAH

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #603 on: November 11, 2012, 07:15:30 AM »
You can make the argument that Touhou Hisoutensoku is named after the the Hisoutensoku robot itself :derp: But yeah, Soku doesn't have any new characters so it's really a special case.
The name of the game and the name of a character in the game sharing a kanji is pretty interesting, although in this case I doubt it's actually referring to Shinki.

« Reply #604 on: November 11, 2012, 09:17:12 AM »
As the other poster pointed out. Hisoutensoku has the robot Hisou Tensoku. Though, it depends if you call it I character, I would like to believe so, kind of like the Goliath doll.

Drake

« Reply #605 on: November 11, 2012, 09:42:40 AM »
i'd also argue that hisou tensoku is named as such because of the name of the previous game, and not as a three-steps-ahead decision to name both games with it in mind
there being possible exceptions and whatnot still doesn't matter though; what matters is that there's a clear pattern zun follows that shinki (and currently no other existing characters as far as i can tell) matches with

I'm not really hoping for Shinki nor would I say this is an indicator that she's in whatsoever, and I'd advise that nobody puts all their chips in for it either. But the pattern is there, and if she does get in then woah it was foreshadowed. If she doesn't then whatever, but either way it's also somewhat likely that a character with 心綺楼 in their name will be included.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #606 on: November 11, 2012, 09:48:38 AM »
Instead of saying that Shinki may be in this game because of the naming thing, it's more realistic to say that the new character's name will contain one of the characters in the Japanese title.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #607 on: November 12, 2012, 06:28:33 AM »
New crack theory: the true route has Alice become the new Shinki and the warring religions have to work together to beat her.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #608 on: November 12, 2012, 04:17:41 PM »
Further crack theory: Alice-Shinki goes on to make a NEW Makai which makes a NEW Alice which makes a NEW Shinki and---

<ERROR: STACK OVERFLOW>

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #609 on: November 12, 2012, 04:20:04 PM »
Nuts to this whole plot relevance and theories, just bring Shinki back at once. Geez... it shouldn't be THAT hard.

1) You make her sprite.
2) You code her.
3) You make her dialogues.

Ta-Da~!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:23:32 PM by Magic The Shastri »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #610 on: November 12, 2012, 05:04:10 PM »
Shinki will be returning because she wants to gain more followers, so she's decided to focus on the people of Gensokyo! The first place she will be gathering faith is in the human village! A goddess needs her faith, of course! :getdown:
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Kami-sama!

• All hail the great Kami-sama!
« Reply #611 on: November 12, 2012, 05:53:31 PM »
It would be nice to have Mima back, or any PC98 character for that matter, but we all know ZUN has scrapped PC98 even if someone does appear, it would most likely be in a situation like Yuuka where she'll never appear again :| I have a secret fangirl inside me where I REALLY want Mima to return, but I can kinda understand why ZUN doesn't like PC98 characters in his Windows work and I dont want to annoy people, so I don't show it. Besides, I want to respect ZUN and calling him a troll is not nice when he doesn't do it.

« Reply #612 on: November 13, 2012, 01:32:26 AM »
Nuts to this whole plot relevance and theories, just bring Shinki back at once. Geez... it shouldn't be THAT hard.

1) You make her sprite.
2) You code her.
3) You make her dialogues.

Ta-Da~!

1) you make the sprites for the attack animations (for which concept art is much likely needed) and special effects
2) you code the hitboxes for said attack animations, startup/active/recovery frames for them, states for the characters (airborne, knocked down, air teching, blocking high/low/airblocking, taking a hit, etc), how moves should behave ("this grab can catch teching enemies, but not enemies in hitstun, downed opponents, etc", "this attack is air unblockable", "this backdash has invulnerability in the first n frames", "this move has upper/lower/full body invincibility", "the air version of this move acts differently from its grounded version", "you can cancel this attack with a highjump/special/super when the move hits the opponent", etc), then you playtest to adjust characters' balance and check for bugs/glitches/infinite combos or otherwise broken stuff. (and also take care of code optimization; also, the character's gameplay must be thought and decided beforehand)
3) this may be the less difficult step :p (depending on how many routes/general win quotes/special condition win quotes you want to add. Story-wise, additional artwork may be needed to go along with said quotes)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #613 on: November 13, 2012, 01:13:50 PM »
1) you make the sprites for the attack animations (for which concept art is much likely needed) and special effects
2) you code the hitboxes for said attack animations, startup/active/recovery frames for them, states for the characters (airborne, knocked down, air teching, blocking high/low/airblocking, taking a hit, etc), how moves should behave ("this grab can catch teching enemies, but not enemies in hitstun, downed opponents, etc", "this attack is air unblockable", "this backdash has invulnerability in the first n frames", "this move has upper/lower/full body invincibility", "the air version of this move acts differently from its grounded version", "you can cancel this attack with a highjump/special/super when the move hits the opponent", etc), then you playtest to adjust characters' balance and check for bugs/glitches/infinite combos or otherwise broken stuff. (and also take care of code optimization; also, the character's gameplay must be thought and decided beforehand)
3) this may be the less difficult step :p (depending on how many routes/general win quotes/special condition win quotes you want to add. Story-wise, additional artwork may be needed to go along with said quotes)

You realize that my intention was summarizing all of those steps, don't you...?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:01:05 PM by Magic The Shastri »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #614 on: November 13, 2012, 01:30:38 PM »
You realize that my intention was summarizing all of those steps, don't you...?

(emphasis mine)

Geez... it shouldn't be THAT hard.

<snip>

Ta-Da~!

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #615 on: November 13, 2012, 07:16:37 PM »
tl;dr
It is hard. Don't make the process as shallow as that.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Byronyello

• "The Western Non-Otaku That Respects and Likes Touhou"
  • I guess that'd be my title in a Touhou game...
« Reply #616 on: November 13, 2012, 08:26:55 PM »
tl;dr
lolbutshinkiman

I, for one, am looking forward to this new game. I'm know nothing of fighting games, but I think that expanding the plot is very cool at the least. And it's not like Tasofro ever make a bad game, just very... broken? (Random weather and card placement in SWR and Hisou, hmm?)
(Strike-through indicates a clear)
Hard Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC.
Lunatic Clears: Someday, perhaps.
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #617 on: November 13, 2012, 10:08:06 PM »
tl;dr

Meh.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #618 on: November 13, 2012, 11:28:24 PM »
Meh.

No matter how you look at it, it IS that hard.

Especially when the smoothest animations are done frame-by-frame. Meaning one must construct sprites for all frames. ggwp

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #619 on: November 14, 2012, 12:02:53 AM »
No matter how you look at it, it IS that hard.

Especially when the smoothest animations are done frame-by-frame. Meaning one must construct sprites for all frames. ggwp

Alright, alright. Ok.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #620 on: November 14, 2012, 04:09:05 AM »
(Random weather and card placement in SWR and Hisou, hmm?)

Yeah, I never really liked that part of those games. Then again, IaMP wasn't much better with that. Hopefully they'll figure out a better balance with the spell cards.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
« Reply #621 on: November 14, 2012, 05:40:12 AM »
The difficulty of implementing a new character is irrelevant. What's worth debating is how well does Shinki fit in the religious battle theme.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #622 on: November 14, 2012, 05:41:34 AM »
(Random weather and card placement in SWR and Hisou, hmm?)
Oh god, I pray they make whatever new system they introduce optional. At least in versus mode, if anything. Not being able to turn off the weather effects in SWR/Hisoutensoku was such a pain...

Being able to build your starting move-list instead of having to hope the move you want won't take too long to come out (and wasting a card to toggle it on) would be neat if they kept the same card-based system, too. But maybe that's just me. ^-^

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #623 on: November 14, 2012, 07:36:03 AM »
Yeah, it would be cool if we could start with different move sets. SWR/Soku allows for that, but you need to put them in your deck and randomly draw them.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #624 on: November 14, 2012, 10:22:49 AM »
SWR/Soku allows for that, but you need to put them in your deck and randomly draw them.
Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. I often find myself learning how to use a character's default moves and completely neglecting the replacement moves because I'm much less likely to be able to depend on them. I suppose some may like it that way, but I often find myself wishing the game would just let me set up my default movelist instead of forcing me to rely on chance.

Still, this new one doesn't seem to have the same system, so it's probably moot one way or the other. :)

Latest works
The Strongest

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #625 on: November 14, 2012, 12:58:37 PM »
The difficulty of implementing a new character is irrelevant. What's worth debating is how well does Shinki fit in the religious battle theme.

She's implied to be the Devil.

IT WORKS
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #626 on: November 14, 2012, 01:08:54 PM »
Looks like you Shinki fans may have been right about her appearing in Hopeless Masquerade. Check it out:

[nsfw]http://i.imgur.com/Yk2B2.jpg[/nsfw]

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #627 on: November 14, 2012, 01:12:27 PM »
God dammit Ammy

« Reply #628 on: November 14, 2012, 01:13:56 PM »
Inb4Ayanotinanynewgames

Anyway, I don't see how Shinki would fit in at all, since she's never shown nor implied to have any interest in having followers. Plus, y'know, she's in Makai not Gensokyo.

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #629 on: November 14, 2012, 02:04:24 PM »
Looks like you Shinki fans may have been right about her appearing in Hopeless Masquerade. Check it out:

[nsfw]http://i.imgur.com/Yk2B2.jpg[/nsfw]

Dat confirmation ~<3
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv