Author Topic: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?  (Read 392531 times)

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
Re: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?
« Reply #630 on: June 09, 2014, 06:31:04 AM »
If you shorten it to a single word, may as well stick with Beautiful. "Beautiful Combo" is very... Touhou. I hate to see it shortened at all, honestly.
Me too... I can't do much about the width size, unfortunately. Unless someone has a way to shorten it, the pictures I gave you guys is the size they allow. XD;;

Elegant Combo?
It may work, but then again... This is up to brliron now. Does anyone know what's the literal translation for this? Anyways, here you go.

Comboful

LET'S GO WITH THAT GUYS-

Just some weirdo, move along!

« Reply #631 on: June 10, 2014, 07:35:18 AM »
I always did like your taste of style though, Ciel. The fonts you've used in the initial patch and the phrase "Elegant Flurry" really appealed to me for some reason. Just wanted to put that out there. I do understand the reasoning behind changing it though cause it doesn't clearly explain why you got that boost in the popularity bar. I just thought it sounded cooler.  :derp:

Turning the text into single words rather than a two word phrase makes it sound a lot more technical than stylish. While an English Patch DOES serve the purpose of letting us understand the text, I think Touhou leans toward a more colorful tone than a mechanical one, and therefore we should probably write in that tone. After all, since we're the only ones making a patch, it's going to be the one that's circulated around the entire community. I know I'm in no position to say this, but if we're making the patch, we'd better make it good. (I really shouldn't be using the word "we", since I'm not really putting any work into it at all. I do want to put out that you guys are all doing an amazing job though.)

After all I've said though, that doesn't mean that we should pull that fruity Comboful stunt there.  :V

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
« Reply #632 on: June 11, 2014, 02:00:43 AM »
Me too... I can't do much about the width size, unfortunately. Unless someone has a way to shorten it, the pictures I gave you guys is the size they allow. XD;;
It may work, but then again... This is up to brliron now. Does anyone know what's the literal translation for this? Anyways, here you go.

LET'S GO WITH THAT GUYS-

COMBOFUL  :3

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #633 on: June 11, 2014, 03:03:01 PM »
COMBOFUL!  :D

But yeah, let's make this good. I nominate Chain Attack!
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #634 on: June 11, 2014, 06:01:03 PM »
Suddenly HM has yet another patch update to 1.34b

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #635 on: June 12, 2014, 01:41:33 AM »
Yep, better update this English patch too. As far as I know, the recent patch was for bug fixes.
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #636 on: June 12, 2014, 04:05:14 AM »
Suddenly HM has yet another patch update to 1.34b

What's in it?

Ver1.34b-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<システム>
 ・ストーリーモードが動作しない不具合を修正
 ・起動時に不要なファイルが生成される不具合を修正
 ・敵を演出で固定する際に、ノックバックが不正発生する不具合を修正

Ver1.34-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<システム>
 ・画面端でのノックバック反動に1P2P格差があった不具合を修正
 ・リプレイ再生後にプラクティスモードのファンクションキーが無効になる不具合を修正
 ・network_history.txtが生成されない不具合を修正
 ・特定条件でのプロファイル選択時にクラッシュする不具合を修正

<聖白蓮>
 ・ダッシュ強打
   -グレイズ判定が再発生する不具合修正

<物部布都>
 ・ラウンドが変わると皿枚数でのステータス強化が一時的に初期値に戻る不具合を修正

<豊聡耳神子>
 ・溜め版上強打
   -射撃や必殺技でキャンセルできてしまうタイミングがある不具合を修正

・溜め版下強打
   -持続部分をヒット効果が異常であった不具合修正

<古明地こいし>
 ・超反応センス
   -待機状態の技が有るにもかかわらず、ゲージ点灯が消えることがある不具合修正

・前強打、溜め版前強打
   -攻撃発生前に射撃で空キャンセルが出来るタイミングがあった不具合を修正

<秦こころ>
 ・喜怒哀楽ポゼッション
   -相殺時に相手に感情付与してしまうことがある不具合修正

I can't translate it, though, but in 1.34, it's full of bug fixes for characters, and 1.34b, it's bug fixes in the Story Mode and the game itself.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:20:23 AM by Gamer251 »

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

« Reply #637 on: June 12, 2014, 10:06:25 AM »
A new patch, now ?

Basing on what google translate said me, it seems to be only bug fixes, nothing more to translate.
I think it won't be hard to update the english patch.

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #638 on: June 12, 2014, 02:53:36 PM »
Ja, anymore translations needed?
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
« Reply #639 on: June 12, 2014, 02:59:29 PM »
Patch note transaltion by monhan from the HM thread.

I'll get to it after I'm done with some things first.

But here's a quick one:
Bug fixes for system:
  • Regarding knockback during vs human mode
  • Function keys not working in Practice mode after watching a replay
  • network_history.txt won't show up
  • Crash occurring when changing profiles

Bug fixes for characters:
  • Byakuren's dash
  • Futo's plate buff
  • Miko's charged 8B and 6B
  • Koishi's passive skill and 6B and its charged version
  • Kokoro's "Four Humors Possession" SC

1.34b
Bug fixes for system:
  • Story mode won't start
  • Creating unnecessary file on game startup
  • Knockback doesn't work when enemy is performing something? (What?)

Hmm, I'm not sure, but there seems to be an unintended buff for Byakuren's Durga Soul due to the bug fixes.

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #640 on: June 13, 2014, 04:44:04 PM »
I always did like your taste of style though, Ciel. The fonts you've used in the initial patch and the phrase "Elegant Flurry" really appealed to me for some reason. Just wanted to put that out there. I do understand the reasoning behind changing it though cause it doesn't clearly explain why you got that boost in the popularity bar. I just thought it sounded cooler.  :derp:

Turning the text into single words rather than a two word phrase makes it sound a lot more technical than stylish. While an English Patch DOES serve the purpose of letting us understand the text, I think Touhou leans toward a more colorful tone than a mechanical one, and therefore we should probably write in that tone. After all, since we're the only ones making a patch, it's going to be the one that's circulated around the entire community. I know I'm in no position to say this, but if we're making the patch, we'd better make it good. (I really shouldn't be using the word "we", since I'm not really putting any work into it at all. I do want to put out that you guys are all doing an amazing job though.)

After all I've said though, that doesn't mean that we should pull that fruity Comboful stunt there.  :V
Oh my god thank you, you have no idea how much this means to me D: <3 I never thought people would remember that I designed the initial patch and called it unofficial AHA *CORNER*

Although I do have this problem of trying to make it sound much better for the translation than trying to make it too literal... But my attempts would most likely lose the original translation or something. ><;;

AND WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, of course you can help! D8 GIVING YOUR OPINIONS IS ALREADY GOOD ENOUGH. Any help, no matter how little is appreciated, yes. /o/

BUT OKAY LET'S PUT IN COMBOFUL, EVERYONE IS IN THE MAJORITY, CREDIT TO GPOP-*SHOT*

Regarding the new patch, though... As much as I really want to work and update it, I can't, and I don't know how to. From what I know, you guys seem to be using a new patcher to patch the Story Text Mode thing. How's that coming along? 8D

BRLIRON, WHERE ART THOU

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #641 on: June 13, 2014, 05:10:10 PM »
Anyone working on a 2d fighting 2hu fangame should insert COMBOFUL Toasty-style as an in-joke. lol

« Reply #642 on: June 13, 2014, 10:25:29 PM »
BRLIRON, WHERE ART THOU
In my home, but I think this isn't the answer you excepted.

Firstly, thank you for your templates. I thought this wasn't a constant color, but I didn't know how to reproduce it, so I took what seemed to be the closest.

Elegant Combo?
It may work, but then again... This is up to brliron now.
Sorry, but I don't think I'm the best one to decide about this kind of things. I can't understand japanese, and english isn't my native language (and if you didn't notice this, my english level is really better than I thought), so I can't really say the difference between, for example, "Beautiful Combo" and "Nice Combo". Therefore, I think someone else (or you all) should choose.

And concerning the new version, as I said earlier, it seems there's nothing more to translate, so I should be able to make a new patch quickly. I don't have enough time this week-end, but I may be able to give an english patch for the version 1.34b tuesday or wednesday.

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #643 on: June 14, 2014, 04:21:25 PM »
Let's do Chain Attack, sounds technical, but fighting game-ish too.

But Comboful, though.
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #644 on: June 14, 2014, 05:31:12 PM »
My god what have I done

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #645 on: June 14, 2014, 06:29:06 PM »
My god what have I done
Dawn of a new era XD
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #646 on: June 16, 2014, 03:32:23 AM »
Oh my god thank you, you have no idea how much this means to me D: <3 I never thought people would remember that I designed the initial patch and called it unofficial AHA *CORNER*

Although I do have this problem of trying to make it sound much better for the translation than trying to make it too literal... But my attempts would most likely lose the original translation or something. ><;;

AND WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, of course you can help! D8 GIVING YOUR OPINIONS IS ALREADY GOOD ENOUGH. Any help, no matter how little is appreciated, yes. /o/

BUT OKAY LET'S PUT IN COMBOFUL, EVERYONE IS IN THE MAJORITY, CREDIT TO GPOP-*SHOT*

Regarding the new patch, though... As much as I really want to work and update it, I can't, and I don't know how to. From what I know, you guys seem to be using a new patcher to patch the Story Text Mode thing. How's that coming along? 8D

BRLIRON, WHERE ART THOU
You know, I have to agree with you having style Ciel, I watched progress on this patch some time before posting, and I think that my reasons for trying to find something I could do may have had as much to do with me liking your style as it did the project itself.
May you create the most stylish patch Touhou has ever known.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #647 on: June 16, 2014, 01:20:14 PM »

BRLIRON, WHERE ART THOU

Of course you'll be remembered :3
You created the first ever patch when everybody needed them~
Also, COMBOFUL!
Style is important~

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #648 on: June 16, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »

BRLIRON, WHERE ART THOU
Yep! I love your style, it's made the patch really great. You will be cemented in this patch's history ^-^
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #649 on: June 18, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »
Ahhh AHHHHHH

Omg you all are making me blush so hard thank you all so much FGSJALHASG DX <3333

But to be honest though, guys, I'm nothing compared to the other translators who did the previous Touhou games. (I could only hope to be as good as the designers for Soku). Besides, if you guys have anyone to thank, thank brliron for continuing it when I got super lazy, cuc for starting out everything and contacting Riatre for the first steps for the tools, BUT THIS IS A TOPIC TO TALK ABOUT THE PATCH AND FINISHING IT, BUT TY GUYS IT MEANS ALOT

Yep! I love your style, it's made the patch really great. You will be cemented in this patch's history ^-^

WELL THIS IS A PROBLEM, IF I'M GOING TO BE CEMENTED IN THIS PATCH'S HISTORY, I NEED TO CHANGE MY REPUTATION AND SHOW MY TRUE COLORS FOR MY STYLE...

HERE, LATEST PATCH >DDD THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK-

Firstly, thank you for your templates. I thought this wasn't a constant color, but I didn't know how to reproduce it, so I took what seemed to be the closest.

Sorry, but I don't think I'm the best one to decide about this kind of things. I can't understand japanese, and english isn't my native language (and if you didn't notice this, my english level is really better than I thought), so I can't really say the difference between, for example, "Beautiful Combo" and "Nice Combo". Therefore, I think someone else (or you all) should choose.
Well, there you go, guys~ It's up to you! But in your opinion, what do you think is better? And I THINK THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE WITH YOU RIGHT? Where is he?

And it actually is a constant color 8D You're really accurate on the fonts, I wonder how did you go around recognizing them? GL WITH THE PATCH BTW

« Reply #650 on: June 18, 2014, 09:57:16 PM »
WELL THIS IS A PROBLEM, IF I'M GOING TO BE CEMENTED IN THIS PATCH'S HISTORY, I NEED TO CHANGE MY REPUTATION AND SHOW MY TRUE COLORS FOR MY STYLE...

HERE, LATEST PATCH >DDD THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK-
I saw "COMBOFULPATCH.rar" in the download URL, so I thought I had to try it. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who tried it. :)
I know there's a download count on mediafire, how many times this version has been downloaded ?

Well, there you go, guys~ It's up to you! But in your opinion, what do you think is better?
Personally, I prefer "Chain attack".

And I THINK THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE WITH YOU RIGHT? Where is he?
You're talking about Xavart ? I don't have any work to give him concerning the patch for now, so we don't see him often here. He'll probably help when I'll put the translated newspapers into the game, but he'll probably give me the result by mail or on a USB key, so I'm not sure you'll see him once again.
Also, its english level is worse than mine. But if you want, I can ask him what he think about beautiful combo / chain attack / comboful etc.

And it actually is a constant color 8D You're really accurate on the fonts, I wonder how did you go around recognizing them? GL WITH THE PATCH BTW
I only re-read all the messages on this topic until I found this : http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14754.msg994612.html#msg994612

A small question regarding the update :
I found this in a .nut file : プロファイルのインデックスが範囲外
I'm not sure we need to translate it. If we need to, what does that means ?

BTW, for the next version, all that remains is to reload the translations from the wiki, update the readme, generate the installer, and maybe translate the text above. So if I have answers to my question this evening, I can release a patch for v1.34b tomorrow.

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #651 on: June 18, 2014, 10:39:33 PM »
Agreed, I also prefer Chain Attack. Use that one pls
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #652 on: June 19, 2014, 02:09:22 AM »
A small question regarding the update :
I found this in a .nut file : プロファイルのインデックスが範囲外
I'm not sure we need to translate it. If we need to, what does that means ?
Ah yes, forgot to answer this.

The text translates to something along the lines of "The profile index is out of range."
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #653 on: June 19, 2014, 04:50:35 PM »
Hi all,

Sorry for "disappearing" for 1 year.
Recently I got bored with f**king calculus practice and decided to abuse some machines to factor the RSA key, and...

const unsigned char PRIV_KEY_D[KEY_BYTESIZE] = {
   0x34, 0x78, 0x84, 0xF1, 0x64, 0x41, 0x22, 0xAC, 0xE5, 0x12, 0xE6, 0x49, 0x15, 0x96, 0xC3, 0xE4,
   0xBA, 0xD0, 0x44, 0xB0, 0x87, 0x3E, 0xCE, 0xE5, 0x52, 0x81, 0x2D, 0x5A, 0x7D, 0x7E, 0x0C, 0x75,
   0x6A, 0x96, 0x7C, 0xE7, 0x5F, 0xDF, 0x7A, 0x21, 0x86, 0x40, 0x5B, 0x10, 0x43, 0xFD, 0x47, 0xDA,
   0x7B, 0xA7, 0xA4, 0xAC, 0x89, 0x20, 0xA6, 0x93, 0x91, 0x1C, 0x63, 0x5A, 0x83, 0x8E, 0x08, 0x01
}; // for 279.96 * 8 core hours.

http://puu.sh/9AHRL/2e5200f9bb.zip

@brliron now you don't need to repack th135.pak just for those stupid encrypted file lists, enjoy :)

« Reply #654 on: June 19, 2014, 09:23:28 PM »
Welcome back, riatre.

Thank you for the RSA key. It makes some of my work useless, but that's better like this. This will save 500 Mo on each user's computer. And at least, I learnt some things.

While you're here, I have something to ask you. In the story mode, while choosing your character, there is a vertical text on the right. I managed to make it display horizontally by changing the literal "vertical" in data/system/story_select/story_select.global.nut. But this no longer works since the version 1.30.
I deal with it by giving the binary from the v1.21 even for the next versions (including the one I'll give soon), but I think it would be better to give the binary corresponding to the version.
Can you try to find another way to make this text display vertically, please ?

« Reply #655 on: June 19, 2014, 09:54:55 PM »
New version. So, this one works with the version 1.34b. It also dynamically loads the font. If you have an older version of the english patch and you install this one, you can remove the font Arial_th135 from your computer.
And, this version saves 500 Mo of disk space.
So, here is the english patch v1.04 : http://www.mediafire.com/download/1jn5aahedtvg28a/th135_english_patch_v1_04.exe
Also, installing the font or patching th135.pak on the fly is no longer needed, so the installation is really easier. So, if some people prefer, I also give the patch as a zip file : http://www.mediafire.com/download/dw58oe6dcduldpl/th135_english_patch_v1_04.zip
You only have to copy everything from the zip file to the game's directory.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #656 on: June 19, 2014, 10:00:51 PM »
Does it fix the problem with people using the english patch and hosting netplay causing crashes for those not using it?

« Reply #657 on: June 20, 2014, 05:14:45 AM »
I don't think, I forgot to investigate this.

Edit : this works with a japanese server and an english client, and with 2 english games, but not with a english server and a japanese client.
So, if the host uses the english patch, all clients have to use the english patch.

I'll search if I can find something about this.

Edit 2 :
That's because the last english patch still uses the binary from the version 1.21.
If Riatre find what I asked him 3 posts above, this will be fixed.

If you really want to host netplay with an english patch now, you can backup your th135b.pak, rename th135e.pak to th135.pak, and run th135.exe. But some fonts won't look good, and the game will crash if you try to use the story mode.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 06:32:28 AM by brliron »

« Reply #658 on: June 20, 2014, 10:19:51 AM »
@brliron
searching 010000001A040000020000000DFF in story_select.global.nut, replace with 000000001A040000020000000DFF

I'm working on a Squirrel3 decompiler, or at least a disassembler. Patching the opcodes in binary form is.. eh... +_+

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #659 on: June 20, 2014, 03:10:17 PM »
Thanks, brliron and Riatre!
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~