Author Topic: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?  (Read 392533 times)

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
Re: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?
« Reply #420 on: October 19, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
Edit :After thinking about it a bit, no, I saw it earlier. That was when I worked on the dialogues in VS mode
Marisa beats Reimu 2 :
Oh yeah,
There's somethin' we need to talk about...

My mini-hakkero has been kinda...
Nah, it's nothing.
Never mind.

Wait...
Double Dealing Character reference?

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2013, 01:55:52 PM »
My god that is amazing.

@brilion: After we download the new pak file, we just pop it into the HM folder right?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:01:15 PM by Lukesky180 »
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #422 on: October 19, 2013, 02:24:36 PM »
New PAK file:

https://mega.co.nz/#!EptHCbDB!WwpAfF5PmNfUg9HHilv6Jl4KJf8EEbLPxELcz6b9oLw

I translated the Spell Card names, not the description.
I will also start on the translating of the VS. Newspaper.
The images.

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #423 on: October 19, 2013, 02:40:52 PM »
We simply pop that into the HM folder right?
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #424 on: October 19, 2013, 02:49:53 PM »
We simply pop that into the HM folder right?

You place the new PAK file to the folder where you have the installation files, then you reinstall the patch.

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #425 on: October 19, 2013, 02:51:08 PM »
So much work @w@

But then again distributing the exe and the pak files is also hard work... Over 600 MB of stuffs! >w<
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:53:27 PM by Lukesky180 »
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #426 on: October 19, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »
So much work @w@

But then again distributing the exe and the pak files is also hard work... Over 600 MB of stuffs! >w<

Wait, you COULD just go replacing the PAK file when you have already installed the patch.
That's what I did, and it worked!

Anyway, here's that pic of the Hakkero thingy:

http://i.imgur.com/DvIp9dj.jpg

TASOFRO I AM SO HAPPY YOU DECIDED TO PUSH THIS THROUGH!

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #427 on: October 19, 2013, 02:59:50 PM »
DAMMIT YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME EARLIER. My guess is that the exe and the th135e.pak remain the same, while the th135eb.pak changes here. The only time to run the installation again is when an update comes...

But yay! Hakkero!
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #428 on: October 19, 2013, 03:39:59 PM »
When I'll post new pak files, you'll just have to replace the old one where you extracted the zip file, and reinstall the patch.
Why did I say that ?? That's right, you just have to copy the new pak file to the directory where your patched game is.

BTW, if you want to know, here are the steps done by the installer :
  • Unpack the th135.pak, and repack it as th135e.pak
  • Copy th135eb.pak to the game's directory
  • Copy the new binary to the game's directory
  • Copy the readme to the game's directory
  • Install the Arial_th135 font on the computer

Also, if you want, you can delete the original th135.exe, th135.pak and th135b.pak after installing the english patch.

Note : there is a readme saying this is the patch v1.0, but this still isn't the patch v1.0. This isn't a release, just the installer with the pak file. The release will be when the skill description will be finished.
I don't remember if I already said it.

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #429 on: October 19, 2013, 04:14:35 PM »
Also, if you want, you can delete the original th135.exe, th135.pak and th135b.pak after installing the english patch.
Which you probably might not want to do, as if a new version comes out the only way to get to it until the update is through the original th135.exe and the respective paks. I don't recommend doing so.
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #430 on: October 22, 2013, 04:29:28 AM »
For some reason the english patch does not work.
http://puu.sh/4WgQN.jpg
When I run it, the game just appears as a black screen, the japanese version works though.
EDIT: I used the batch file that was most recently put in the thread.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:34:48 AM by goroyoshi »

« Reply #431 on: October 22, 2013, 07:01:28 AM »
Thanks for reporting this.
You patched the game over an older english patch, right ? I did some tests, and I think I know why it happens.
I'll fix it this evening (if I have enough time, but I think I'll have). If you don't want to wait, you can delete the file th135e.pak, and then reinstall the english patch.

« Reply #432 on: October 22, 2013, 11:48:04 AM »
I did delete all three files and noticed it took a lot longer than before, but no fix, trying with just deleting TH135e.pak
EDIT: No clue what difference it should have made but it now works.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:55:21 AM by goroyoshi »

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #433 on: October 22, 2013, 02:01:19 PM »
http://pastebin.com/mYqFasxr

A friend helped me translate it.
He's a Japanese, so this was easy.
The only thing is, it doesn't make much sense.
Could someone make sense of it?

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
« Reply #434 on: October 22, 2013, 04:50:54 PM »
IMO it look like machine translation, are you sure he really is a japanese who just bad at english?

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

« Reply #435 on: October 22, 2013, 07:35:52 PM »
I thought the same too. After reading that I tried to confirm whether or not it was a machine translation. It turns out that it was, actually. Google Translate will return exactly that result if I put in the old text that needed to be translated. Unfortunately, Google Translate does mostly spit out nonsense, so sense can't really be made of it as is.

I'd help out with the translation if I could, but my Japanese is not really good enough for that yet. I can only read a few lines, and don't know the rest of what is being said, so I can't accurately say what's going on even in what I can read. Sorry 'bout that.

But still, thanks for all of your hard work with this. I'll pop in from time to time just in case I see something I can help with.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:38:08 PM by SirBlueberry »

« Reply #436 on: October 22, 2013, 09:44:03 PM »
Thanks for reporting this.
You patched the game over an older english patch, right ? I did some tests, and I think I know why it happens.
I'll fix it this evening (if I have enough time, but I think I'll have). If you don't want to wait, you can delete the file th135e.pak, and then reinstall the english patch.

I fixed it : http://www.mediafire.com/download/vf1rab3b64cdg77/Install.zip
Also, the installer no longer extract and repack the th135e.pak if it already exists, and if its size is exactly 532470821 bytes. And it displays some more things.

Edit :
Also, I did a list of texts missing in VS mode, during the dialogues after a fight. I put the list here : http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=14754.msg1028072#msg1028072
And I saw I forgot to put the new font in the installer above. I updated the link.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:01:04 AM by brliron »

« Reply #437 on: October 24, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »
The new spells' translation seems to progress slowly, so I think I'll release the patch v1.0 soon, and the new spells' translation will be in the v1.1 (or maybe it'll be the v1.01. As I don't know how many versions will exist, it would be more careful to do this).
But not now, because the new skill card's name for Futo, Nitori and Mamizou aren't translated yet.

« Reply #438 on: October 27, 2013, 05:55:24 PM »
The spellcard names seemed to been bunched together rather closely and unreadable, gonna get that fixed?

« Reply #439 on: October 27, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »
I have a little problem:
It is, when I play, the music sometimes freezes, well not directly freezes, but it's that the theme is always starting again and again, for just like a few seconds.
This usually happens at the beginning of a new battle, and then when the battle starts, the battle music also plays with the same bug.
So, both music are playing at the same time w/ the bug.

Please fix or help
Please donate, so I can make more of NoR-Wiki or other stuff.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

« Reply #440 on: October 28, 2013, 07:56:15 AM »
@MasaakiKagura :
I'll search about it. If we find how to fix it, we'll fix it.
I add this to the problems' list.

@Tyraxx :
There was this problem until the v0.3b, but it is theoretically fixed in the version we are working on (available here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/vf1rab3b64cdg77/Install.zip).
Which version are you using ? If you don't know, can you tell me the size of the th135e.exe, the th135e.pak, and the th135eb.pak if it exists ?

« Reply #441 on: October 28, 2013, 03:33:49 PM »
Well, I just downloaded the new file yesterday, but I had the problem right at the beginning.
(Start of Byakuren's story mode)

th 135e.exe - 5.05 MB
th135e.pak - 67.4 MB
th135eb.pak - 94.4 MB

Am I supposed to replace "th135e.pak" w/ "th135eb.pak"?
I just renamed "th135e.pak" to "th135x.pak"
and "th135eb.pak" to "th135e.pak".
Or do I need to DELETE the old .pak-file?
Please donate, so I can make more of NoR-Wiki or other stuff.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

« Reply #442 on: October 28, 2013, 06:35:04 PM »
The binary changed since the last version. The new binary fix the problem with the music.
But I'm not the one who did the old binary, so I don't know how the old one managed to read original and patched pak files. So mine can't.
Therefore, you have to unpack the th135.pak file with th135arc.exe, repack it, and rename it to th135e.pak.
You also have to install a new font.

So I suggest you use the installer. Unpack the zip in my last post somewhere, then launch th135_english_patch.bat and follow the instructions (you may need to run it as administrator to install the font).

« Reply #443 on: November 02, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »
The spellcard names seemed to been bunched together rather closely and unreadable.
Tasofro hates us, he put an option to make the text like this. I'm sure he did this just to annoy us :)

In data/system/effect/spell_name.act.txt, line 57, the charactorSpace option is set to -17. increasing it increase the space between letters.
I think we should use something between -10 and -13. Here is a screenshot with -10 :

And with -13 :

After putting these 2 screenshots side by side, I think -10 is nice.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #444 on: November 03, 2013, 03:34:35 AM »
I'll pick -13
It looks nrat and readable, and you can put more characters in it.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #445 on: November 03, 2013, 05:35:19 AM »
And brliron, could you use the files in the effect folder so you can extend the space where you can place the name of the spellcards?

« Reply #446 on: November 03, 2013, 06:03:53 PM »
I just past half a day trying to find how to extend the space. I deleted a big amount of files in the th135.pak, all the pictures (.png, .bmp and .dds), I also tried to delete all the bmb and m3r files, all pat files except data/actor/reimu.pat, and the text is still there :

But I noticed 2 things :
- the main file controlling this is data/system/effect/spell_name.act (I used this file to change the text's background color),
- the spell card name is no longer displayed after deleting data/system/BattleStatus/huto/ressource.act.

Edit : I forgot to say it, but of course, I removed the file th135b.pak.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:16:26 PM by brliron »

« Reply #447 on: November 03, 2013, 07:41:29 PM »
So, since you removed th135b.pak will the eb.pak need to be removed too?

« Reply #448 on: November 03, 2013, 08:33:25 PM »
No, I was just talking about my tests.
I tried to find the files controlling the text display for spell cards. To find it, I removed lots of file in th135.pak, because if I remove the file controlling the text display for the spell cards, this text will no longer be displayed.
Also, I don't know it you know this, but hopeless masquerade uses th135.pak fot the 1st game version, and th135b.pak for the updates. And the spell card names are displayed since the v1.0. Therefore, th135b.pak doesn't contains files used to display the spell card's names (or only updates of these files). And deleting from th135.pak a file present in th135b,pak does nothing, since the game will always use the one in th135b.pak.
So, to make my tests easier, I deleted th135b.pak. And if I didn't deleted it, I would have missed some files.
So, I already said it 2 times in this post, but I write this post only to explain this, so I'll say it a 3rd time : I deleted the file th135b.pak only to make my tests easier (also, for the same reason, I used a japanese version of the game). The patch still need th135eb.pak, because this file contains all the changes made to the game, and because we don't need to put all the game's files into it (we put in it only the files we want to update).

« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2013, 10:57:04 PM »
Ah Okay, thanks for clearing that up, will there be a new download link once you update things?