Author Topic: Touhou Smash Bros Project (Development & info thread)  (Read 161661 times)

Sparrow Song

• Bird Youkai Enthusiast
  • Feathers are the greatest!
Re: Touhou Smash Bros Project
« Reply #390 on: December 03, 2014, 12:34:48 PM »
The offer might of been buried in the thread or missed.  An eyecatching example might of been a good way to grab attention.  Sounds like people were busy with school and all too, but yea I'm guessing here.  It's happen to me though, people somehow completely overlook my posts and are surprised later when I got more obnoxious about (why they ignored) it.  ^^;

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #391 on: December 03, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
Well I thought about making an example but I have no idea what they were looking for. And with no logo to work with making a banner gets limiting.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

« Reply #392 on: December 04, 2014, 02:46:11 AM »
Sorry about that, I still have yet to respond to a lot of people. School has been keeping me away from this project for a long time, which has been making it hard for me to find other extra time where I can respond to people proper.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #393 on: December 06, 2014, 02:59:21 AM »
Another new song! This time, actually relevant to a character that Saijee is working on!

Hakurei Medley

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #394 on: December 07, 2014, 09:28:28 PM »
This seems cool!  My main request is that you use a feast stage (Hakurei Shrine at night) and have Demystify Feast (or a remix of it) as the music.
Also, a character hopefully no one suggested yet...

Byaruken
Specials:
Neutral: "Star Maelstrom" Fires a small curving laser to both sides, can combo enemies, peters out eventually
Side: "Lotus Glide" Glides in the air (or on the ground) to the left, if less than 100% does much damage but little knockback, if more than 100% on enemy it does the opposite.
Up: Hijiri "Superhuman" Goes up in a Z-shape, gets a jump at the end, combos and takes enemies with her
Down: "Prayer" Similar to Deep Breathing in Smash 4 on Wii Fit Trainer, time it right and you get a temporary boost in Attack Power and Knockback.

Smashes:
Side: Creates a lotus (similar to Mario's side smash)
Up: Shrouds the area around her with purple bullets (Nirvana's Cloudy Way in Purple)
Down: Creates two lasers that go to each side of Byaruken and bounce off the ground into the sky.

*Couldn't think of aerials or tilts, sorry :V

Final Smash: "Devil's Recitation" Basically a recreation, all bullets deal 3% each, lasers deal lots of damage and knockback.
Side: Creates a lotus (similar to Mario's side smash) that does massive damage.
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

« Reply #395 on: December 08, 2014, 08:06:40 PM »
Phew, OK guys I only have 1 more final, but I finally decided to make that 1000 sub special vid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32wBeEipeK4&list=PLaDd9276h4ZDo3RgOFGfcRbw7mUTScQ4S&index=70

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #396 on: December 09, 2014, 01:25:04 AM »
Phew, OK guys I only have 1 more final, but I finally decided to make that 1000 sub special vid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32wBeEipeK4&list=PLaDd9276h4ZDo3RgOFGfcRbw7mUTScQ4S&index=70

Dang I gotta say I'm a bit moved by your video. You put in so much effort all these years and finally achieved that goal! You never really gave up on your dream, sadly I gave up halfway, seeing how unstable a job for game design was I got scared. Only last year did I make the decision to try becoming an idie dev. Seeing all your efforts made me see that I'm not working hard enough on my game and that I still have a long way to go! FSS going this far refills me with hope that I too can achieve my dream. Thank you Saijee.

« Reply #397 on: December 15, 2014, 05:48:37 AM »
I am happy to hear that my video had that effect on you :) You are welcome!

Reimu has all of her normal attacks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLeAWmHwTzs&index=75&list=PLaDd9276h4ZDo3RgOFGfcRbw7mUTScQ4S

Now I must do her throws specials and spells.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #398 on: December 15, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »
Reimu's normal attacks look great; love all the references to other games you put in the attacks.

The only criticism I'd have is that I think her hip is... uh, "swayed" too far in her idle pose. It looks kinda uncomfortable.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #399 on: December 15, 2014, 11:56:03 PM »
I've got mixed feelings on Reimu's smash charge animations. :wat: I mean I can see what you're going for, and it looks kind of shaman-y even... but Reimu's supposed to be the type who's in perfect harmony with her surroundings, doing everything simply and effortlessly. I mean, to use Fantasy Nature all she has to do is close her eyes, so having her shake as if she can't contain her own power seems kind of odd. The way she leans back for her U-Smash also looks kind of... evil? ???

I do like the "hold the button to extend the reach of her aerials" mechanic - heck, I'd be interested to see more of her moves do this. Maybe holding N-Air makes her stick out her leg for longer? Holding B-Air (after connecting with it) causes her to swing around and make a followup attack?

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
« Reply #400 on: December 16, 2014, 03:51:19 AM »
I'm wiping off the dust on my account since that inspiring-as-fuck story of Saijee's showing up in my subscription box on YouTube reminded me TSSB is a thing.  But I'm also here to drop off another tune after so long like I said I would on the comments of said video.  I doubt Raiko will make an appearance, but I also doubt anyone else has remixed her theme yet, so...here ya go :)
Primal Thunder
Looped over a couple times, as is standard fare from me ^_^

I wanted to not put too much in the foreground this time, as a means of making the percussion - what should be the heart of any Primordial Beat remix - more audible.  It's also my first time using non-soundfont/non-plugin drums; the taiko samples were (apparently) taken from actual taiko drums, or at least that's what the uploader of the samples said.  I'll admit, the taiko parts were fun to put together for how tedious they were to put together :)

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #401 on: December 16, 2014, 04:29:55 PM »
I'm wiping off the dust on my account since that inspiring-as-fuck story of Saijee's showing up in my subscription box on YouTube reminded me TSSB is a thing.  But I'm also here to drop off another tune after so long like I said I would on the comments of said video.  I doubt Raiko will make an appearance, but I also doubt anyone else has remixed her theme yet, so...here ya go :)
Primal Thunder
Looped over a couple times, as is standard fare from me ^_^

I wanted to not put too much in the foreground this time, as a means of making the percussion - what should be the heart of any Primordial Beat remix - more audible.  It's also my first time using non-soundfont/non-plugin drums; the taiko samples were (apparently) taken from actual taiko drums, or at least that's what the uploader of the samples said.  I'll admit, the taiko parts were fun to put together for how tedious they were to put together :)

I really like the sound of it, however it feels very calm, not very risky is the feeling I get. Taiko sounds are very fun to play with but they sound a bit drowned out, their Taiko drums! Make em loud, like real thunder! Make the sounds explode with emotion! The flute like instrument also seems slightly off putting, could be the sound differences from that to the other sounds used (not making very much sense lol sorry). However I still like none the less.

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #402 on: December 16, 2014, 05:17:39 PM »
I really like the sound of it, however it feels very calm, not very risky is the feeling I get. Taiko sounds are very fun to play with but they sound a bit drowned out, their Taiko drums! Make em loud, like real thunder! Make the sounds explode with emotion! The flute like instrument also seems slightly off putting, could be the sound differences from that to the other sounds used (not making very much sense lol sorry). However I still like none the less.
The point about the shakuhachi (the flute-like instrument) is actually well-made.  Initially I'd planned to sort of blend electronic and Japanese elements, but it wound up being mostly the former.  I'll probably end up re-rendering the song with the taikos taking more to center stage and swapping the shakuhachi out for...I dunno, maybe a saw wave.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #403 on: December 16, 2014, 06:42:57 PM »
The point about the shakuhachi (the flute-like instrument) is actually well-made.  Initially I'd planned to sort of blend electronic and Japanese elements, but it wound up being mostly the former.  I'll probably end up re-rendering the song with the taikos taking more to center stage and swapping the shakuhachi out for...I dunno, maybe a saw wave.

You can always trying uploading a few examples of differences, I'll always gladly give them a listen. But I do respect what you do, I don't doubt that making music is difficult, just playing the piano is one thing but actually making it in digital format is very foreign to me so I respect those who do it. I may not know the exact terms or sounds or tools used but I'll try my best to explain what I mean.

« Reply #404 on: December 16, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »
I really like that arrangement , it's got a cool paper mario feel to it.

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #405 on: December 16, 2014, 09:42:56 PM »
To hell with the modifications; I'll keep it as-is, with the shakuhachi.  The rendering time on this thing is too long for such a small change.  There's your Primordial Beat remix :) now to work on a shorter version for my YouTube channel.
(you can use it in your next Dev Log if you so desire, by the way; same applies for all the other songs I've brought you thus far)

« Reply #406 on: December 18, 2014, 10:31:49 AM »
I love that pristine beat remix. It's one of the very few ones that actually have a strong taiko drumbeat going on, something I feel is essential with that theme.

« Reply #407 on: December 23, 2014, 09:23:25 AM »

« Reply #408 on: December 24, 2014, 10:41:59 AM »
Fixed up some animation glitches, and got some of her special moves half done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFGjqbW3tys&index=77&list=PLaDd9276h4ZDo3RgOFGfcRbw7mUTScQ4S

« Reply #409 on: December 27, 2014, 10:59:17 PM »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #410 on: December 27, 2014, 11:24:49 PM »
Oh nice logo! How did you guys make it? (I want to improve in that area!)

« Reply #411 on: December 28, 2014, 04:34:33 PM »
The symbol was done as a 3D rendered object. I didn't do the text though, so I wouldn't know.

2014 was a great year of development for Touhou Smash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeknHZdRBI4

I think this is the video that I've been trying to build up to to show to ZUN.

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
« Reply #412 on: December 29, 2014, 07:35:12 AM »
I am so freaking hyped for this game, honestly. I've been so into Smash and seeing one of my all-time favorite series with literally the best fandom in the world getting a high-quality Smash crossover is gonna be amazing.
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

« Reply #413 on: January 01, 2015, 05:16:31 PM »
And we finally  have the promised Reimu vs Sakuya full battle! SPELL CARDS WILL BE CASTED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E239WwIvo6k&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z12wwt0zdrzazxhvd22ptzv4bybaj31i304

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #414 on: January 06, 2015, 03:53:06 PM »
Man you weren't kidding when you said development for Reimu would be faster than for Sakuya.
Loved her spellcards!

I assume her final smash will be Fantasy Heaven?
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #415 on: January 06, 2015, 05:00:09 PM »
Gonna follow this project's progress!

I'm assuming keyboard controls are used currently, is controller compatibility possible in the long run? (Since the Wii U controllers can be used with a computer)

Also erm, I'm not sure if this belongs here but I'm one of the admins (sorta) of the TOHO Hijack page on facebook and I think someone in the thread asked us something about this project - just wanted to apologise for never replying because we were really busy during that time period and totally forgot about it (since we don't really manage the page often) orz

Anyway, we do dabble in drawing and the like, is there a need for any kind of artistic contribution at the current stage? We'd love to contribute to the progress!

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #416 on: January 17, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »
This is rare for something like this to happen on RikaNitori

Moderation message:

Primarily suggested by me but in agreement with Saijee: Decided to split the thread from the moment the crowdfunding was announced to keep the overview and things organized. This thread will remain the primary development and discussion thread about the game.

For discussion about ZUN's fan creation rules, the crowdfunding incident or related messages with this fan game: Please post here: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,17884.0.html

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:07:38 AM by Helepolis »

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
Re: Touhou Smash Bros Project (Development & info thread)
« Reply #417 on: January 17, 2015, 09:18:54 PM »
I must say, I do indeed like the demo after giving it a quick try and adjusting controls.
Though if there's any way to enable CPU it could work out better.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:21:51 PM by Reu »
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

« Reply #418 on: January 17, 2015, 09:41:58 PM »
I agree! It's quite fun. The feet cut through the skirts, but they'll probably fix that I guess before final release.

« Reply #419 on: January 17, 2015, 11:36:28 PM »
I was trying out some of the new mechanics, and I noticed that the double grab Overpowers don't really work like they should. Regardless of who times their button press at the right time - or if either player presses anything at all - the second player always has their overpower activated after one circle. I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my download or not, since it's been seen working properly in the Dev Logs, but just letting you know in case something was changed accidentally.