Author Topic: Touhou Smash Bros Project (Development & info thread)  (Read 162723 times)

Re: Touhou Smash Bros Project
« Reply #330 on: October 13, 2014, 04:40:39 PM »
I wonder who will be Master Hand's substitute. Shikieiki, perhaps...?

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #331 on: October 13, 2014, 06:27:49 PM »
Random thought on a playable Kanako: Her Down+B causes her to sit down, effectively turning her into an immobile turret. While in this state she's pretty much the opposite of Soku's Suwako - powerful and easy to use, but extremely predictable to experienced players. And if you use it at the wrong time on a non-static stage, you're likely to KO yourself by accident (which seems pretty Kanako :V).

« Reply #332 on: October 14, 2014, 05:49:24 PM »
K guys, I didn't yet post an update on TSSB because people have been wanting to hear what I have to say about SSB4, soo I've been writing the script for my mega analysis video, that is done now, and it is 10 pages long.

I'll be recording today and editing tomorrow, Hopefully I can find some time to get at least 1 more taunt for Sakuya in the mean time.

Anyway, look forward to our mega analysis.

« Reply #333 on: October 18, 2014, 09:41:39 AM »
Alright guys, this video took loads of work to make, but now that that's over, it's back to the normal development, hope you enjoy this vid though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnkCixr37ZU&list=PLaDd9276h4ZDo3RgOFGfcRbw7mUTScQ4S&index=47

« Reply #334 on: October 23, 2014, 04:05:48 PM »
Soooo, Nintendo called. They said they like From Soy Sauce, and now I can develop games for the Wii U! Childhood Dream Accomplished!

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #335 on: October 24, 2014, 06:56:23 AM »
That's amazing! Congrats!

Also I have a short victory thing of Tenshi's theme that I'll upload when I'm not being wrecked by school and/or sidetracked by SSB4, and I'll try to get something done as soon as I can for stage BGM or something.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #336 on: October 24, 2014, 05:31:34 PM »
Soooo, Nintendo called. They said they like From Soy Sauce, and now I can develop games for the Wii U! Childhood Dream Accomplished!

Wait could this mean that tssb could be on the Wii u or will you be restricted by zuns policy on that?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #337 on: October 24, 2014, 05:57:43 PM »
Holy hell man, that's amazing! Congratulations!
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

« Reply #338 on: October 24, 2014, 09:35:38 PM »
Wait could this mean that tssb could be on the Wii u or will you be restricted by zuns policy on that?
Only time will tell for sure. I've got to put my best effort forward to get this game to grab the attention of as many Touhou fans all around the world. I'm thinking I might be able to sway ZUN to let this game go onto the Wii U if I can show how much the world wants it to be so.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #339 on: October 27, 2014, 03:39:47 AM »
Well this is going to be the most embarrassing thing I've done so far. So I've came up with the idea that I should record some lines for the game as a Announcer like SSB has, I've spent weeks getting my vocals deeper then what I normally do and just listened to the announcers voices from all the smash games. This demo reel I have is just three versions of the title name, I have a few others done like characters but not sure if I should really go with the deep voice or not. Also not even sure if your interested in having a announcer Saijee but just wanted to try my hand in it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jvwzeadotxfj3jj/TSSBDemoReel.wav

The second one sounds a bit odd and battles sounds weird but I'm still getting use to yelling into the microphone, also sorry about the effect on it, I've been looking for how to make the voice effect from the smash games and with no luck I came up with that. Let the embarrassment ensue...

EDIT: Also I don't mind trying different levels either, I picked the deep one to try and stay with how ssb is.
EDIT: Opps just listened to my own recording and heard that I left my breathing in the beginning, I'm not use to using audacity normally.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:32:28 AM by Colticide »

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #340 on: October 29, 2014, 05:43:57 PM »
Your voice is surprisingly similar to the SSB annoucer!

Both the second and third versions sound great, I think.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

« Reply #341 on: October 29, 2014, 06:13:16 PM »
Hehehe, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I actually already have someone doing the announcer's voice.

The latest TSSB video has way surpassed it's expectations, managed to get me 51 new subs, and just look at that viewcount:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66VO_5yqe00

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #342 on: October 30, 2014, 10:42:42 AM »
Your voice is surprisingly similar to the SSB annoucer!

Both the second and third versions sound great, I think.

Thank you for the feedback I greatly appreciate any at all, though when I listen to it I still feel I could do better lol.

Hehehe, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I actually already have someone doing the announcer's voice.

Well it was worth a shot I guess. Will we get a sample down the line or will we know when the game/demo is done?

« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2014, 07:16:11 AM »
Got a new Laptop.

Also I'm confirming a new stage. It's called "Sakuya's World" Make of that what you will.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2014, 09:21:22 AM »
sakuya confirmed for timelord tier :V

« Reply #345 on: November 03, 2014, 05:41:53 AM »
Seeing this spell card come out looking just as well as it did in the official game, I am very excited to see just what kind of new gameplay this game mechanic will deliver!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfJ6mVxced4&index=57&list=PLaDd9276h4ZDo3RgOFGfcRbw7mUTScQ4S

And here is the rest:

Touhou Smash Sakuya's SPELL CARDS!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIoA-8wETFI&list=PLaDd9276h4ZDo3RgOFGfcRbw7mUTScQ4S&index=58
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:14:58 AM by Saijee »

« Reply #346 on: November 04, 2014, 06:14:53 AM »
I'm preparing the IGG page tonight. Would anybody be willing to help with campaign graphics, things like banners and charts. That would be grand, because then I would be able to focus my attention on the game design without having to balance extra work, which  would mean a more complete Demo for January.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #347 on: November 04, 2014, 03:35:43 PM »
Is there a example of what it is I may be able to help.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #348 on: November 07, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »
The Spell Card duel video was amazing. It's really impressive how you actually managed to make the spellcards very useful attacks that are still not OP since they can be either dodged or destroyed.

All that's left to do for Sakuya is her Final Smash, right?

Can't wait to see how the other characters will play.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #349 on: November 07, 2014, 08:16:28 PM »
Final smash or Last Word eh? Idk just being silly.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #350 on: November 08, 2014, 12:34:36 AM »
Last Word seems less... "out of nowhere C&D"-y, if you know what I mean. If it's listed with their Specials then SSB fans will get the gist of it anyway.

On a completely different note, do you think you could extend Sakuya's curtsy taunt slightly so that she holds the pose for longer?

« Reply #351 on: November 08, 2014, 10:21:22 AM »
Yup and with "Sakuya's World" She is mechanically finished!

I really wanted this attack to make the player feel like they were role playing Sakuya: really give them the feeling that they are doing Sakuya's job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4CuGsJAS9E

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #352 on: November 08, 2014, 06:05:34 PM »
Quote from: Saijee on the comments for Dev Log 62
To clarify things: You are only allowed to use your spell card 1 time per battle. And if you get intercepted during the buffer animation, you will have wasted it
Wait, so that means that spellcard duel video isn't how the game's gonna play? Or does this apply only to moves like "Sakuya's World"?
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

« Reply #353 on: November 08, 2014, 06:44:36 PM »
Ooops.... Yea I meant final smash.... FIXED IT!

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #354 on: November 11, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »
So did you need help with banners and charts or not? I have yet to get a answer back.

« Reply #355 on: November 12, 2014, 12:25:56 AM »
Yea this guy contacted me via the FSS facebook page, it should be fine!

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #356 on: November 12, 2014, 01:51:51 AM »
Guess I was too late then, still I'm always willing to help with what ever I can.

« Reply #357 on: November 12, 2014, 02:08:17 AM »
Got chibis?

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #358 on: November 12, 2014, 02:58:45 AM »
On Sakuya's Final Smash, there's two things I think could make it cooler. First make the clock so massive that it covers the entire background of the stage, zooming the camera out to SSB's "Fixed" position so that you can see it clearly. Second pause the music while time is stopped, and have the ticking first double then quadruple as the Final Smash is about to end (like the SFX when you press a time-based switch in Mario or Zelda).

On another topic... since the characters' strengths and weaknesses need to be described somewhere, what about adding a built-in Character Database... themed after the Grimoire of Marisa? Marisa herself appears at the side of the screen, and all the descriptions of characters and their moves are done from her perspective. Maybe with Akyuu or Rinnosuke occasionally helping out. I mean, assuming you don't just put them in Smash Taunts. :V
Sanae: Pit! Sakuya may have a lot of knives, but they lack power. If you use a strong projectile, you can break through them and really ruin her day.
Tenshi: I... what? Who are you? And who the heck is Pit?
Sanae: Aww, you're no fun. I thought celestials were supposed to spend all day following the orders of gods and goddesses. I mean I didn't even get to be playable this time; at least let me have this....
Tenshi: Seriously, I have no idea who you are.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:26:34 AM by Prime32 »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #359 on: November 12, 2014, 03:42:10 AM »
Got chibis?

Not sure I fully understand, are you asking if I've drawn any chibi characters or can draw chibi?
Sadly I'm no where ready to put my art in public, still working on it till I'm satisfied with my own work, the only art I have experience in are UI, banners, websites, and other things similar to those like signatures and what not.

On Sakuya's Final Smash, there's two things I think could make it cooler. First make the clock so massive that it covers the entire background of the stage, zooming the camera out to SSB's "Fixed" position so that you can see it clearly. Second pause the music while time is stopped, and have the ticking first double then quadruple as the Final Smash is about to end (like the SFX when you press a time-based switch in Mario or Zelda).

Seconded!