Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...  (Read 322884 times)

misosoupwitheggplant

• stalking stalker a stalker.
Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...
« Reply #390 on: June 02, 2009, 04:37:53 AM »
For Colossalcon, I was thinking of making a Reimu swimsuit, since there's a waterpark there. Or I'll just make a Raichu swimsuit, depending on funds...
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #391 on: June 02, 2009, 04:47:18 AM »
I realized that for my programming homeworks I've started to make Touhou references on the source code.

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #392 on: June 02, 2009, 05:21:07 AM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when...

...snagging the garter at a wedding is a Danmaku problem.

...driving is a Danmaku problem (I caught myself before I actually did anything along these lines...skimming down the Interstate is not an option, particularly for me).
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

Easy Mode

« Reply #393 on: June 02, 2009, 06:19:24 AM »
I was playing Thule Trail. Fun as hell. So I went ahead and named everyone after a Touhou.
Driving: Sikieiki
Shotgun: Komachi (Who married someone in Vegas and ditched Siki.)
Backseats: Marisa, Alice, and Yukari. And this happened.

Momizi Inubashiri

• Banned
  • For :files:
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2009, 06:41:57 AM »
 You know you're addicted to Touhou when you make a account on this fourm.. lol

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2009, 06:57:26 AM »
I think it is clearly justified that Agatha Christie is awesome enough to warrant to buy that book

Couldn't agree more. I read few pages and I am already hooked into the book which hardly ever happens
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #396 on: June 02, 2009, 08:01:57 AM »
I was playing Thule Trail.
LOL!! That game looks awesome.  And Yukari crying... ? =o

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #397 on: June 02, 2009, 08:03:50 AM »
Couldn't agree more. I read few pages and I am already hooked into the book which hardly ever happens

Hey, she's a dame for a reason... seriously, all of her books are extremely awesome

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Easy Mode

« Reply #398 on: June 02, 2009, 08:05:24 AM »
LOL!! That game looks awesome.  And Yukari crying... ? =o
That's the lol. For roadkill, no less.

« Reply #399 on: June 02, 2009, 08:20:38 AM »
You see someone in a red and white dress, and think, "Hey, there's a Red-White."

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #400 on: June 02, 2009, 08:35:56 AM »
You actually find yourself contemplating the quandry of choosing between a cool-looking wallpaper of a Touhou character you're not really crazy about, and an average-looking wallpaper of one of your favorites.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #401 on: June 02, 2009, 08:27:02 PM »
When you're walking in Times Square, weaving your way through the crowds, and suddenly start going "Stream! Stream!"

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Yukkuri

« Reply #402 on: June 02, 2009, 09:55:34 PM »
That picture of Yukari just made my day. XD

Yukkuri

« Reply #403 on: June 02, 2009, 09:57:17 PM »
I'm going to make a Cirno costume for September ninth.
Pictures if you can.

misosoupwitheggplant

« Reply #404 on: June 03, 2009, 03:54:33 AM »
Pictures if you can.

I'll get pictures once I can, and eventually, I'll post some Reimu cosplay... Maybe. If I don't feel too embarrassed or such. I sewed it, though Reimu's hair things kept falling off. They don't like me... For Ohayocon, I'm either cosplaying as Flandre, Remilia, or Koakuma. My friend is cosplaying as Patchouli. Who should I cosplay as?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:00:58 AM by misosoupwitheggplant »
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #405 on: June 03, 2009, 04:30:27 AM »
Sewing is good.. if you want to fix her hair 'ornaments' for a lack of better word to describe them.... it'll depend on whether u are using a wig or ur real hair.. if ur using ur real hair the most i can recommend is to use well.. use a red or black rubber band on it... the alternative is to use velcro to actually adjust the size of the hole to make it harder to fall off..

if ur using a wig however, to heck with it and use scotch tape... if not u can sew it on ur wig...

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #406 on: June 03, 2009, 06:05:36 AM »
Oh yeah, playing lots of IaMP completely screwed up my Guilty Gear reflexes ...

If you're playing Dizzy, then it shouldn't screw up your reflexes that badly. Some attacks can actually be "grazed". ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnAFLN3Azu0&feature=channel_page
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:08:14 AM by Chainsaw Guitar »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #407 on: June 03, 2009, 06:16:10 AM »
AHHAHAHAH wow that's hilarious. I'ma try that later. I have Isuka and GGX though so i wonder if it still worked in the older games. XD that's pretty funny haha. although i stopped playing them since i got Melty Blood *sweatdrop* it feels just as fast...or even faster than Guilty Gear. hehe. i still love em both though.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #408 on: June 03, 2009, 07:19:51 AM »

You know... I just read this fic where Yukari was driving at blinding speeds... and now this...
Damn, I'll have bad dreams.

Gpop

« Reply #409 on: June 03, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »
You know... I just read this fic where Yukari was driving at blinding speeds... and now this...
Damn, I'll have bad dreams.

And Valesta is awesome like that.

misosoupwitheggplant

« Reply #410 on: June 04, 2009, 02:28:57 AM »
Sewing is good.. if you want to fix her hair 'ornaments' for a lack of better word to describe them.... it'll depend on whether u are using a wig or ur real hair.. if ur using ur real hair the most i can recommend is to use well.. use a red or black rubber band on it... the alternative is to use velcro to actually adjust the size of the hole to make it harder to fall off..

if ur using a wig however, to heck with it and use scotch tape... if not u can sew it on ur wig...

But the wig is so pretty~ Though I probably could do that, I find that I just need to be better at measuring things.
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq249/misosoupwitheggplant/AG2009059.jpg
That was the cosplay... And the terrible hair ornaments... And glasses-wearing Reimu. With a spell card in her hand~

But you know you're addicted to Touhou when you dye your hair/ buy color contacts to look like your favorite character. I'd do that, but I'm to lazy to.
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #411 on: June 04, 2009, 02:40:28 AM »
And Valesta is awesome like that.
And guess what? My dream was not so bad after all!
BTW, do you know when He/She will continue it? I got severely hooked.

Drake

« Reply #412 on: June 04, 2009, 06:30:06 AM »
Has anyone noticed how Luna Dial and Flowering Night can be rearranged so that they fit together?

I'm testing this.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #413 on: June 04, 2009, 07:58:49 AM »
I just had a Japanese lesson and the word ゆっくり came up so i started laughing
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #414 on: June 04, 2009, 08:14:45 AM »
But the wig is so pretty~ Though I probably could do that, I find that I just need to be better at measuring things.
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq249/misosoupwitheggplant/AG2009059.jpg
That was the cosplay... And the terrible hair ornaments... And glasses-wearing Reimu. With a spell card in her hand~

But you know you're addicted to Touhou when you dye your hair/ buy color contacts to look like your favorite character. I'd do that, but I'm to lazy to.

hmm... u look quite nice in it.. and the costume look great too.. the ribbon has to be placed a little bit lower and bigger.. and no, sewing the ornament to the hair won't hurt it if you tie your hair up before hand with ribbons and then sew THROUGH the ribbon.
natch

Gpop

« Reply #415 on: June 04, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »
And guess what? My dream was not so bad after all!
BTW, do you know when He/She will continue it? I got severely hooked.

Don't know =/. He's really busy now, and he's not as motivated into the fic as when he first began. Just let him be.

But the CtC fic can be found here

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #416 on: June 04, 2009, 01:16:37 PM »
Has anyone noticed how Luna Dial and Flowering Night can be rearranged so that they fit together?

I'm testing this.
Yes.  I've heard a couple arranges where they meld (aside from Night of Nights - BAH).  Of course, Luna Dial is my favorite track and Sakuya is my favorite character, so BIAS!

You know you're addicted to Touhou when you randomly shout things like "Imperishable Shooting!!" at friends (though I blame this for that).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:18:43 PM by theshim »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2009, 01:09:02 AM »
...when you make the "spellcard start up" noise while listening to Touhou music on your mp3 player, and get weird looks.

I was doing a visualisation exercise of VoWG and got too much into the music, okay? -_-
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #418 on: June 05, 2009, 02:26:21 AM »
Don't know =/. He's really busy now, and he's not as motivated into the fic as when he first began. Just let him be.

But the CtC fic can be found here
And I thought it was only on the Wiki.
BRB reading.

Easy Mode

« Reply #419 on: June 05, 2009, 02:28:37 AM »
I'm going to sing Touhou songs to myself -preferably Wonderful Heaven, it seems to be the most calming- to keep myself from flipping out whilst playing Silent Hill 1. The scariest, imo.
Wonderful Heaven... I always sing it when I'm feeling scared. It's awfully soothing...