Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!  (Read 211670 times)

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
I was practicing SA yesterday, and learned that during Subterranean Sun, you can go up to Utsuho and not get hit.
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
I'm... pretty positive that you can't?

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
I'm... pretty positive that you can't?
Yeah...just found that out...
⑨-chan

Krompy

• 420 graze it
I was practicing SA yesterday, and learned that during Subterranean Sun, you can go up to Utsuho and not get hit.

I tried on hard, normal and easy. In version 1.00a you can't.

Though I found a bug while doing this. It's pretty weird too!
If you 1CCd the game on normal or hard, and then 1CC the game on easy afterwards, the extra stage becomes unavailable again, as if you never 1CCd on normal or hard. (I can't confirm anything related to lunatic since i cant git gud)
Normal 1cc: all clear!
Hard 1cc: IN LLS MS SA DDC
Extra: EoSD PCB(Phantasm) IN MoF TD DDC

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
Nice ! What do you want to do next first ? Reimu A 1cc or Extra Stage ?
ReimuA was actually my first 1cc.  I just decided to unlock ReimuB because I thought it would be easier to use against Flandre (it is, by the way).  Speaking of which, I learned how to deal with "Maze of Love" and almost captured "And Then There Will Be None".  I think I can clear this stage today.
I just know what I know...

jorjorbinks

• Can you guess my sister?
Well. Aside from the failure of my ISC data getting wiped. I did have some accomplishments
But, I managed to get to Byakuren's stage on UFO before being totally annihilated. I was so close to a 1CC with Reimu.  :(

MrDoomBringer

• So as I choke, Unlimited Choke Works
  • ok
YES YES YES! I have finally done it! I've cleared the EoSD Extra stage! My first Extra stage clear ever! Took me way longer than I expected and I was already super close a week ago, but I am still very happy!

Done with Marisa A. Replay:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=39839

EDIT: Also, I kept getting mini-lags through the game that made it even harder for me, so I was really surprised that I did it.
Next, I shall try playing Lunatic.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:05:33 PM by MrDoomBringer »

Took a 20 min break from ReimuB scoring to unlock stage practice for MariB. Was going for a 1cc when this happened.

MariB LNB!
7 miss, 23/26 spells capped. Death to books, lazer books, Water Elf, section after Misdirection, Sakuya's last nonspell, VI, and Meister.

First time using MariB on lunatic, this run was pretty much full of luck.
Good rng on Megalith, Killing doll, and Gensokyo, only one death to Meister, and lots of lucky dodges on stage 3. I doubt this will ever happen again.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
Took a 20 min break from ReimuB scoring to unlock stage practice for MariB. Was going for a 1cc when this happened.

MariB LNB!
7 miss, 23/26 spells capped. Death to books, lazer books, Water Elf, section after Misdirection, Sakuya's last nonspell, VI, and Meister.

First time using MariB on lunatic, this run was pretty much full of luck.
Good rng on Megalith, Killing doll, and Gensokyo, only one death to Meister, and lots of lucky dodges on stage 3. I doubt this will ever happen again.

Congratulations man! Spontaneous runs like that are always a pleasure to get. I'm sure you'll get even better runs in the future, though.

Krompy

• 420 graze it
Next, I shall try playing Lunatic.

Look out for that, lunatic is on a whole other level.
For example, I got a couple extra clears, yet I can't believe to attempt lunatic yet.

Try hard first, just as a tip. c;
Normal 1cc: all clear!
Hard 1cc: IN LLS MS SA DDC
Extra: EoSD PCB(Phantasm) IN MoF TD DDC

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
1cc'd EoSD stage 1 on Hard during practice mode. Yaaay
⑨-chan

MrDoomBringer

• So as I choke, Unlimited Choke Works
  • ok
Look out for that, lunatic is on a whole other level.
For example, I got a couple extra clears, yet I can't believe to attempt lunatic yet.

Try hard first, just as a tip. c;

I have already done a Hard 1cc. I found the Extra stage much harder for some reason.
Also, I already got to Sakuya in Stage 6 without using a continue, so I believe I can do a Lunatic 1cc after some practice.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
Kind of practiced a bit for an IN EX NB yesterday, got that too. Also did get a TD EX NB with trance allowed earlier on the day, but haven't gotten that run up yet. I do have the IN EX NB run up here though: Video

Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Managed to reach 2 billion in IN Hard, using the Border Team. It doesn't sound like much ... but my next best run is 1.5B. Still had my fair share of cringe-worthy moments (mucking up Kaguya's first Last Spell and Marisa's Double Spark are particularly egregious errors), but I'm pleased.

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=39899

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Yay, 1cc Normal PCB Reimu B, 6 Misses, 14 Bombs tho :V (Went blind on Yuyuko)
Still happy with it, since i didn`t even train more than 2 day on PCB before attempting this. Now i need to learn how to mofumofu that shikigami`s taildeal with a nine-tailed shikigami.

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
Dodged Orin's opener in SA on Practice Mode today. It's really awesome.
⑨-chan

I 1CCd UFO Lunatic!!!!! I practiced and practiced and practiced with the homing types... then finally got it when I was horsing around trying out other shot types. I'm still really proud of myself. All that's left for me to L1CC are EoSD and SoEW... but I'm not fond of either of those games, so I'm not feeling to pressed about it. I'm super happy though  :D
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Das

• w e w
LLS Ex 76M

Done during class too :v
(I dont think have a pic of the 76.2M sadly)

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
+ 1 Confidence !

Just got PCB Extra cleared today ! 6 Misses and 12 Bombs, cause i screwed up both Stage Route and some spellcards. But that doesn`t really matter right now ! ^^ Now to Phantasm !
.... what do you mean i need to capture 60 unique spells ?!?!

Just borrowing this from Helvetica, it`s it ok ? If not i`ll just remove it.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
60 spells shouldn't be that hard-- going through Easy and Normal stage practice, capturing everything you can, should reach around 50-56 captures (there are 28 spells each on Easy and Normal). You can get the rest from the easier Extra or Hard spells. At least that's what I recall doing.

If you don't mind playing stage 4's long stage portion over and over, you can get a few more spells from the Prismrivers by damaging each one the most during their first group spell. The character-dependent solo part doesn't have any spells, so you can stay with your preferred shot type.

Keep in mind that PCB doesn't save spell records unless you finish the run (clear the game, or game over and not continue/run out of continues), not if you Esc-R or Esc-Q.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:20:00 AM by Karisa »

I'm currently working on EoSD Lunatic, and I just got my first 2CC. 13 deaths, 20 used bombs.
Despite playing Touhou on and off, I think I can get a 1CC pretty soon.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~

MarisaA LNB: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=40001
21/26 spells captured, only missing Kogasa's second, Murasa's third, Shou's third, Byakuren's second, and Byakuren's final. Considering MariA is obnoxious to use, I'm quite satisfied.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
Is there a way to screenshot the game screen or do i need a external program to do so ?

It feels kinda empty to just post here without any actual proof. :(

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
Is there a way to screenshot the game screen or do i need a external program to do so ?

I just convert the screen to windowed mode and take a screenshot with puush.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. A replay is just enough. :)

You can directly screenshot with the Home key, and the image goes to the snapshot folder in the game folder. It's in .bmp, so it'd be better to convert to .jpg or .png before posting it. iirc DS+ games also take screenshots with the P key

Although I usually just use the printscreen key and paste it in Paint.

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
You can directly screenshot with the Home key, and the image goes to the snapshot folder in the game folder. It's in .bmp, so it'd be better to convert to .jpg or .png before posting it. iirc DS+ games also take screenshots with the P key
Home works in PCB onward, P works in IN onward. I don't think EoSD has a built-in shortcut.

As for PC-98 emulation, Anex86 can take a screenshot (alt+F1? I forgot). Not sure what it'd be in the other emulators.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:02:01 AM by Karisa »

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
I 1cc'd PoDD on Easy today as Rikako Asakura.
⑨-chan

Got as far as Kanako's last nonspell. I genuinely feel I can get a Hard 1cc soon :)

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
1cc'd PoDD again on Easy, as Marisa.
⑨-chan

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Home works in PCB onward, P works in IN onward. I don't think EoSD has a built-in shortcut.

As for PC-98 emulation, Anex86 can take a screenshot (alt+F1? I forgot). Not sure what it'd be in the other emulators.

For NP2, go Other -> BMP save. If using recent versions of fmgen, you can set a keyboard shortcut:

* Keyboard shortcuts: Replace the zeroes in the Function=... with relevant codes (see Function.txt for details). For example, to set Home (0x24) as a shortcut for a screenshot (IDM_BMPSAVE, 40701, 0x9efd) replace a group of 00 00 00 00 with 00 24 fd 9e.