Author Topic: Rhythm Games Thread ~Rinascita~ -MiRACLE 4th-  (Read 7732 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Rhythm Games Thread ~Rinascita~ -MiRACLE 4th-
« on: September 14, 2012, 02:51:56 AM »
Eh, it's been gone forever. :ohdear:

Some short updates:
* DJMAX Technika Tune to be released on
** Sep. 20 (KR) / Sep. 27 (JP)

* DJMAX RAY (iOS) announced here.

* beatmaniaIIDX tricoro to be released on
** Sep. 19 (as new cabs) / Sep. 25 (as upgrade kits)

* GFDM getting a reboot, screws over XG cab buyers
** test page: here

* pop'n music Sunny Park to be released sometime in December.

* jubeat saucer to be released on Sep. 25

* REFLEC BEAT colette to be released sometime in November.

* Sound Voltex Booth got some Touhou stuff, apparently.
** actually, here, banner's on the main page for now.

☣WARNING☣
THE NEWEST BEMANI GAMES WILL NOT BOOT AT ALL WITHOUT E-AMUSE ACCESS.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:00:41 AM by AAAAAAAAAAAAA »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Rhythm Games Thread ~Rinascita~ -MiRACLE 4th-
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 07:45:21 AM »
The Touhou songs in Sound Voltex are so much fun.

Formless God

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 12:52:04 PM »
Playing the DJMAX games; mostly Hot Tunes and BS. BS beats fapping by a long shot. Also glorious nihonese version has no autocorrect.

P.S. Konami should port PnM 17 and 18 already even though the control for home ports fucking sucks

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 08:53:40 AM »

Formless God

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 06:04:00 AM »
Technika out. My boner is fever

Spoiler:
Just a few more Polyvision. You can do it. I need a good reason number of games to get dat Vita
Spoiler:
;_;

N-Forza

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 10:14:26 AM »
Second verse, same as the first. Except not: http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/sdvx/sv/p/booth_contents/contents_13/contents_13_01.html

Yuuhei Satellite (which makes sense seeing as how Yuuhei Catharsis has two songs in it already), Buta-Otome (likewise with their one original song), Kishida Kyoudan and Felt, representing a healthy variety of source tunes.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 07:59:12 PM »
Second verse, same as the first. Except not: http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/sdvx/sv/p/booth_contents/contents_13/contents_13_01.html

Yuuhei Satellite (which makes sense seeing as how Yuuhei Catharsis has two songs in it already), Buta-Otome (likewise with their one original song), Kishida Kyoudan and Felt, representing a healthy variety of source tunes.

Was hoping for YU-MU by Kishida Kyouden but that song is just as good. Not surprised since that song had a PV as well that was decently popular :V

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 06:14:43 PM »
Got my copy of Technika Tune today. Early thoughts:
-Screen is too small!
-Touchscreen/touchpad are both ridiculously sensitive, if you don't have thin fingers you will be sad :<
-Pretty UI and BGAs
-COSMIC FANTASTIC LOVE SONG IN JAPANESE ;_;

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 06:38:16 PM »
I see this thread and am sad because I have high doubts there's much going on in the way of DDR lately that's at all relevant to me...

Anything good happening on that front that anyone here knows about, perhaps?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 07:08:45 PM »
I see this thread and am sad because I have high doubts there's much going on in the way of DDR lately that's at all relevant to me...

Anything good happening on that front that anyone here knows about, perhaps?
I follow DDR somewhat as well, but I don't hear as much from them now after DDR X3 vs 2nd Mix and it's ridiculous new Challenge mode for Paranoia Revolution that has 300+BPM 8th streams WITH jacks

Jq1790

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 10:24:35 PM »
I follow DDR somewhat as well, but I don't hear as much from them now after DDR X3 vs 2nd Mix and it's ridiculous new Challenge mode for Paranoia Revolution that has 300+BPM 8th streams WITH jacks
Oh.  Right. THAT'S what they've been up to.  *sigh*  I really need to get around to getting my PS2 that I was using for modded play fixed so I can get the real PS2 DDRs, not the watered down versions they put out in the US...  I'll still b able to play my PS2 US DDRs, but I've reminded myself now how much the American audience got jipped with the whole of the PS2 line compared to the Japanese versions...('ve actually got DDR ExtremeJP for that exact reason.)

A shame, too, they've got so much potential.  *looks up how the home PS3 versions looks for if he ever gets a PS3*

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 02:29:14 AM »
I think Konami stopped caring about DDR. They have free reign to do whatever (or not do anything) with the 4 panel dance genre since they killed RoXoR's ITG.

Fortunately Stepmania/OpenITG is still alive and kicki--- Wait, official development has stopped on Stepmania 4. They decided to make the SM-SSC fork the official SM5 instead. At least the original coders joined the SM5 team.
And OpenITG has WinDEU and the custom arcade cabs.
It's pretty much dead.

N-Forza

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 08:12:16 AM »
DDR is plenty alive, it's just that as far as America goes, Betson has not exactly been the best distributor. I heard that for X4, Konami was going to try to release it through their still-active gambling machine division.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 04:58:35 PM »
Well it's not like DDR is dead, didn't try to make it sound like that. It's just only doing alright in Japan, after the rhythm gaming market after Guitar Hero/Rock Band started dying out and games like Just Dance (kinda terrible game really) is the only dance rhythm game that's popular now because of their song line up.

I think Konami stopped caring about DDR. They have free reign to do whatever (or not do anything) with the 4 panel dance genre since they killed RoXoR's ITG.

Fortunately Stepmania/OpenITG is still alive and kicki--- Wait, official development has stopped on Stepmania 4. They decided to make the SM-SSC fork the official SM5 instead. At least the original coders joined the SM5 team.
And OpenITG has WinDEU and the custom arcade cabs.
It's pretty much dead.

Yeah, after the lawsuit and everything, Bemani continued to have the monopoly of 4-panel rhythm games so they're free to do whatever they want on it because there's no competition in this genre of rhythm games.

Stepmania is still pretty alive though, it just kinda died around the same time FFR went down and when arcades stopped caring about ITG cabs (for custom songs), but as soon as the site went back up the members there are all making keyboard files again for others (now also focusing on making full difficulties for even easy players) and WinDEU kinda got pad files back again with his courses. It's not as popular as before, but it's jumping back now, to the point that even SMO is now officially back.

I did my best to keep it alive as well with my touhou pad packs as well :V

DDR is plenty alive, it's just that as far as America goes, Betson has not exactly been the best distributor. I heard that for X4, Konami was going to try to release it through their still-active gambling machine division.
Oh god that Betson DDR X cab........

Jq1790

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »
Huh, well it's good to hear that there's at least more of a CHANCE of it learning to thrive again...though they really need to get more people working on some REAL stepcharts, instead of "we don't know how to make a real chart so we'll make interesting stuff fast and only playable at first as OMES so almost nobody can pass it" or "we're not even TRYING to make it interesting!" type charts.

Example of good charting, to me:  Sweet Sweet <3 Magic.  One of my favorite catas to play, period.  It just flows so well with the song it's amazing.

Nowadays?  We got things somewhat-recently(Would X count as 'somewhat recent'?) like Saber Wing.  I love the song, but its chart is...  (Reminds me, I really need to make myself an edit of it so I can play it more without finding it incredibly dull and annoying...)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 12:17:06 PM »
Anyone remember the Konami US Facebook blunder? :V That's how little they care for DDR. Thankfully it's still thriving in Japan (more or less).

On charts: smooooch Oni. Best use of shock arrows ever, bar none.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 05:47:03 PM »
Thing is the recent DDR games has HAD charts with great potential, but then manage to screw it up with all their artificial difficulty

I would say the best example is Vanessa, I really like how they charted it, but the biggest problem was the bullshit crossovers they kept adding, especially at the ending run. That was just unnecessarily hard.

Jq1790

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 10:10:55 PM »
Thing is the recent DDR games has HAD charts with great potential, but then manage to screw it up with all their artificial difficulty

I would say the best example is Vanessa, I really like how they charted it, but the biggest problem was the bullshit crossovers they kept adding, especially at the ending run. That was just unnecessarily hard.
Ah geez, I just watched a video of that, and it IS pretty messed up.  Were they really calling it a 15?  Just by the crossovers, shouldn't it be a 16 or so?Nevermind I couldn't read it cuz it was blurred.

Speaking of DDRing and harder stuff, there's a skill I barely ever really use, and it's coming back to haunt me now:  I've never properly learned crossovers to where I can use em everywhere they're useful.  I'm at the point, though, where I don't think doublestepping's really going to help me as much anymore.  Any tips for trying to teach myself to cross over as I should be?  Or is it basically "play songs, crossover when needed, practice until satisfied"?  If I have all the PS2 DDRs except SN2, any songs you'd recommend trying out for practicing such things?

Also any help for building foot speed so I can hit stuff like the ending of Paranoia Survivor, etc. without getting overrun would be cool too, if you can help.  Sorry for the wall of text here, but it seemed like the right thread to ask, soo...

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »
Sunkiss Drop, Freeway Shuffle, Under The Sky.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 09:04:08 AM »
Hey, Paranoia Revolution has that cool gimmick of being made up of steps from other songs (I think it's the heavy chart?)

Also, jubeat saucer hasn't arrived around my area yet, but I'm still really looking forward to it...
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 12:16:40 PM »
Hey, Paranoia Revolution has that cool gimmick of being made up of steps from other songs (I think it's the heavy chart?)

Also, jubeat saucer hasn't arrived around my area yet, but I'm still really looking forward to it...
Yeah Heavy is decent in itself, but I was talking about the Challenge chart which was...well not well stepped at all for a lot of it

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 10:43:28 PM »

Read from another forum that saucer arrived Hong Kong, so other areas should be getting it soon?

Doesn't matter to me since I'm in US for the next few months so no jubeat for me ;-;

I'd like to rant how they're deleting so many Konami Originals :( I know they're less popular ones but seriously they're removing cloche on November!? It's like my first and only EXC on extreme...

The new songs are awesome though.

I'm surprised the songs from the XG3 collaboration can be unlocked like other old songs, I feel bad for those that actually played tens of credits on GFDM. I didn't even bother to unlock 歌の翼lol

Jq1790

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 02:46:27 AM »
Sunkiss Drop
Oh right, this is a thing, isn't it?  Also I suppose there's Can't Stop Fallin' in Love -Speed Mix- to work with too.  Anyway, thanks for reminding me about those songs for if I get the chance to play all of those.  Need to get SN2 again for Freeway Shuffle, but the others are definitely options, and at the very least CSFILSM is something I can play at the arcade near my mom's school, so it'll probably be a good way to practice before I try to move on to stuff like Sunkiss Drop. 

I still love on how Sunkiss Drop was rated a 7(oldscale) on the arcade machine.  Yeah...no.  It's  at LEAST a high 8, maybe a low 9 due to the crossovers combined with the high speed.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
I still love on how Sunkiss Drop was rated a 7(oldscale) on the arcade machine.  Yeah...no.  It's  at LEAST a high 8, maybe a low 9 due to the crossovers combined with the high speed.
Given how repetitive it is, it's just a matter of stamina. It probably could deserve the 8, but nothing more.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 01:13:04 PM »
Osu? :D

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 07:58:34 AM »
iidx tricoro's Extra Stage system LEGEND CROSS/RED -- 5 boss songs are revealed.
Unlock methods playing all 3 songs + extra in a specific folder while doing something weird including stuff like using 5.73 Floating High Speed, having an ex-score of 573 on a son, or choosing the first song with ?5 seconds left 2nd song ?7 secs 3rd song ?3 secs (the requirement is different for each folder).  How the hell did people figure these stuff out O_O.
They're all mash ups of songs of a pair of older styles from an artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr8fK_Ampxc
murmur twins holy crap awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGBSoJUJNbY
This song is addicting. Kinda like Sampling Paradise.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2012, 08:16:41 AM »