Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 169440 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #630 on: June 01, 2018, 05:49:26 AM »
And I like that the game is flexible like that when it comes to parties. LonelyGaruga's party is a great example of this, and I want to say I'm proud of you for this (and your quest to help 3peso balance the game).

Aha, thanks. Tenshi's design as a character rather lends her better as an attacking character than a defending character imo. Even with just Girl of Bhava-agra prior to Awakening, her spell cards just have really good formulas, and the high ATK makes her compatible with subclass spell cards. Next to Suwako's Long-Arm and Long-Leg, World Creation Press is the strongest NTR spell card in terms of formula, and it has a low MP cost and good delay. Plus Iku for the best ST offensive buff in the game for some splendid supporting ability and tanking ability that exceeds Tenshi's thanks to Hisouten Guard. The two of them together just make Tenshi a really good attacker in practice, I couldn't really envision playing them differently.

The game really does have a lot of flexibility in other areas too, So far the most unique thing I feel has been useful is using Elementalist Aya to deal with
Spoiler:
Ryujin-sama's blue phase
where it spams a MT WND attack. Between her natural -30% WND skill, Elementalist's -24% effect for a memorized element, and a Strategist's -10% damage reduction, that's 47% of the original damage.

I feel by building around a very specific purpose, like using a character (or group of characters), working under these kinds of restrictions lets you develop and use strategies that you otherwise wouldn't use. There's enough freedom for creative play in the game that this is something that can be done effectively. I've been considering trying out other characters, but Tenshi is just my favorite, I think I'll stick with her.

EDIT: Oh wow, Abyss bosses really shut me up.
Spoiler:
Abyss Mokou uses Resurrection three times, each time she uses Fujiyama Volcano and does roughly 800-900K with 500 FIR affinity. She's easily one-shotted though, only 45m HP (Abyss Kaguya had 60m HP, and she was the weakest Abyss boss yet in terms of HP for her level), so the gimmick of the fight is to be able to withstand each Fujiyama Volcano and ideally heal up for the next one before she gets a move, do that and the fight is over before she can take more than 4 actions.

I'm really impressed by this one, this is exactly what I would want from the Abyss bosses.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:44:10 AM by LonelyGaruga »

« Reply #631 on: June 01, 2018, 01:42:53 PM »
Did some random tests:

-Chen's HP vs Komachi's HP (adjusted  library and levels, both have 20 HP gems and mega boost).
[attach=1]

-Shinigami's Scythe, tested how much damage it adds (Komachi has 20 ATK and MAG gems, ATK mega boost and MAG boost 2).

Komachi's stats
[attach=2]

Left is without Shinigami's Scythe, right is with it
[attach=3]

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #632 on: June 01, 2018, 03:05:35 PM »
Those HP values are surprisingly close... tweaking sure is powerful. Well, and her blazing level speed. Chen still suffers from endgame's crazy speed, though. But even then, Phoenix Spread Wings is a pretty potent FIR attack with Warrior Row Enhance, and Instant Attack will still give her a turn in 0 ticks instead of 2 after swap-in, which is a still significant. Momiji or Mystia are much superior if you aren't running Yakumo team, though...

As expected, Shinigami's Scythe is mostly just a boost for Avici, which is actually a pretty solid all-target attack for randoms after the awakening. It's nice to see the damage boost isn't totally ineffectual on the other skills, but... yeah, it's not a lot.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #633 on: June 01, 2018, 04:25:37 PM »
Yeah, gem tweaking was another pitfall I noticed. They close the gap between many characters and downplay strengths and weaknesses. Again, those strengths and weaknesses are still THERE (Komachi's lead on HP in the comparison is still a significant deal!) but she's less "Komachi" late as she is earlier in the game. Later on, pretty much everyone could, and honestly SHOULD, be "Komachi" with incredibly high HP backed by boosted affinities, Komachi will of course have more HP than all others... but not to quite the degree she's had before, and she loses value as a tank for it. Speed's much the same way, but the four "formula" stats suffer a bit less. It's mostly equipment that shake those up in a bad way, though gems still DO close the gaps and shake up character-to-character balance somewhat.

« Reply #634 on: June 01, 2018, 05:05:04 PM »
Yeah, the First-Aid Kit, stat Gems, and library levels have a large effect on Chen's HP due to her leveling rate being one of the fastest in the game, and less so on Komachi due to her lower leveling rate. Results like that for Patchouli, Suwako, or Kaguya wouldn't happen due to their low leveling rates.

But yeah, as far as the value of a tank goes, the difference in stats and tanking ability is negligible enough that I'd just grab a character with passive damage increasing skills or buffing spells. They can be geared up to sufficiently do the job, although if you want to run a party that suffers no casualties against any boss, some measures need to be taken for the occasional super power attack targeting the leftmost slot, like Scourge or Last Judgement. I think Komachi has a lot of potential as an attacker though, with the highest HP in the game, 10% Regeneration per turn, and a reasonably base to expand on her offensive potential as a composite attacker. With some adjustments to her offensive stats, spell card formulas, and maybe Shinigami's Scythe, she could be pretty interesting as an attacker.

« Reply #635 on: June 01, 2018, 05:45:35 PM »
Funnily enough, if you build a MAG focused Komachi (20 gems on ATK and MAG, MAG mega boost and ATK boost 2) with all her level up bonuses spent on MAG instead of ATK , Avici deals even more damage (about 9m without Scythe and up to 15m with Scythe).  Just goes to show how crazy that 400% multiplier is (I tried it with awakened Satori and she dealt 100m damage, while this is lower than Akyuu/Keine/Patchouli, she doesn't need to charge/build up stacks beforehand and has Proof of Kinship).

On a somewhat different note, I noticed that the Earth Spirit Palace Party skill has a bug related to Proof of Kinship: when any of the members learn Proof of Kinship, the bonus they get from other members in the front increases one level (so instead of increasing 2 levels for each member it increases 3 levels). This means that Satori, Rin and Okuu (rip Koishi) can get up to a lv9 boost from the skill (which is a 72% stat boost instead of the regular 48%).

EDIT: Kaguya, Suwako, Patchouli and Meiling's HP (who is the only character who has both a high HP growth and a high leveling rate), Patchi's would be the worst by a slight margin without the boost from her awakening:

[attach=1]

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 06:19:24 PM by Libra »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #636 on: June 01, 2018, 06:47:50 PM »
Suwako that can reliably take one hit sounds like a pretty amazing blaster with her various passives (full heal on swap, several big damage boosts) and her massive awakening boosts.

Although yeah, I imagine most endgame durability comes from stuff like big damage reductions (meiling, futo, anyone with Fighting Spirit, or resurrection-type skills ala Youmu/Mokou/Akyuu, maintennances like Nitori/Renko/Miko) rather than raw base stats. I'm planning on picking all my offensive-focused characters from that list, apart from maybe a really high potential cannon like Dragon God Flan, or Suwako.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 06:50:54 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #637 on: June 01, 2018, 09:53:55 PM »
I read a lot about TL2 PD's problems, and while I agree with many of the points raised, I have a... slightly different perspective on them.

First of all, the stats "degeneration". As somebody who defeated WINNER 255 times in TL1, I honestly saw it coming a long while ago. I mean, if you are complaining about "fast ticking ATB" and "unreadably big damage numbers", check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixgowABy9Ks

Perhaps, the major difference between the two postgames is that, while in both cases the "degeneration" begins to kick in at around lvl 1000, getting to that level in TL1 took much longer than in TL2, and most people probably stopped after they defeated WINNER the first time at around lvl 600 - while in TL2 we can easily get to over lvl 1000 before the 100 hour game mark (if you can do the same in TL1 without a New Game+, I'm tipping my hat to you).

As for the lack of strategy, well... that's a problem with TL2 as a whole. It's definitely not just the postgame. Sure, some bosses were harder than others, but ultimately, the number of bosses in TL2 which required a complex strategy is incredibly small - most of them are just about smashing through with the right element, often with piercing attacks. While TL2 has a lot more complexity when it comes to team choices, TL1's fights were much more technical. Heck, everytime I compare a TL2 fight with its "equivalent" in TL1, I sorta feel underwhelmed. TL1 Alice vs TL2 Alice, TL1 Yukari vs TL2 Yukari, TL1 Yuyuko vs TL2 Yuyuko, and so on. Even when the fight almost plays the same (like in Yuyuko's case), the overall lack of power and "tricks" in TL1 meant you needed to play much more carefully and be more opportunistic with your damage dealers. Not to mention that most of TL1's "climatic" fights - Alice, Eientei, Yukari, and especially Rinnosuke - were far more complicated to navigate through than nearly any TL2 fight I could think of.

Overall, I do like TL2. And I'm sure that, when
Spoiler:
**WINNER** farming
will be a thing in TL2 as well, I'll definitely see it through like I did with TL1. But I don't expect it to be anywhere as "fulfilling" to be honest. TL2 chars are just too strong - they are bulkier, they got more tricks, they do far more damage for their levels - compared to TL1. In short, my blunt suggestion for those who actually want to play complicated and strategic fights... would be to drop TL2 altogether and go back to TL1 :-)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #638 on: June 01, 2018, 10:57:56 PM »
Ugh... 116 sub equipment items what a pain just to fight another postgame boss... and I can't seem to get ancient fragments to drop.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #639 on: June 01, 2018, 11:09:34 PM »
That one's pretty easy to bypass if you just do a little of the Plus Disk content. You shouldn't need to craft anything regardless, though; if you beat a couple of the other non-plus postgame bosses you'll hit 116 items.

I'm about to finish b4f... it finally feels like my party's equipped well enough to kinda handle things now. And Nitori is now decked out enough to once again be Wrecking. Welp.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #640 on: June 01, 2018, 11:49:02 PM »
That one's pretty easy to bypass if you just do a little of the Plus Disk content. You shouldn't need to craft anything regardless, though; if you beat a couple of the other non-plus postgame bosses you'll hit 116 items.

I'm about to finish b4f... it finally feels like my party's equipped well enough to kinda handle things now. And Nitori is now decked out enough to once again be Wrecking. Welp.
LOL funny thing... l just got the 116th sub equipment due to... l forgot about the Hell Slurping Worm on Floor 16 and also bagged the get data on 12 FOE achievement out of the deal too.

Edit: Holy mother of fuckertry... the Desire-Eating Demon almost made me gameover... l had to play Russian roulette and pray that it didn't try to kill Suika thankfully she was fully boosted along with a few damage dealers that got nom'd.  l only had Renko, Sanae, and Suika left when the fight was over... my god l'll never underestimate the bosses of post game ever again, l think that boss made me shit my pants more than the Great C.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:35:23 AM by MewMewHeart »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #641 on: June 02, 2018, 12:37:00 AM »
Spoiler:
**WINNER** farming
will be a thing in TL2 as well, I'll definitely see it through like I did with TL1. But I don't expect it to be anywhere as "fulfilling" to be honest. TL2 chars are just too strong - they are bulkier, they got more tricks, they do far more damage for their levels - compared to TL1. In short, my blunt suggestion for those who actually want to play complicated and strategic fights... would be to drop TL2 altogether and go back to TL1 :-)

This is basically how I feel honestly. There's so much varaiation and so many gimmicks in TL2 that boss design had to be able to account for that but in the process the bosses either got simpler or got super ridiculously tough with the wrong team. TL1 still had a viability for basically anyone in the game to be used well without being abused and smart play is rewarded but not entirely necessary. TL1s fights are just so much more interesting to play, and most of the strategy is in how you execute the fight rather than how you set up your team.

I think if the variance in character choice wasn't from good to broken and instead was from okay to great like TL1 then it'd be much more fulfilling, there wouldn't be as much pressure to be 100% optimised at all times (the extreme customization rewards people who want to keep pushing new teams and new builds but for first playthroughs its extremely intimidating having so much going on), and the balance could account for a much more even playing field.

Also i haven't played through PD but yeah inflated stats are to be expected especially after TL1 lol.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:51:46 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #642 on: June 02, 2018, 01:53:48 AM »
Holy crap I see why the Futo fight is totally stupid. "Maximum Dish Charge" is the dumbest move ever because then Futo can just heal half her hp and max her buffs on the next turn, at which point if you don't kill her in five seconds the fight is practically over. There's nothing you can do but Kill Her Faster. If you're really lucky you can clear off some of the cups, but since you have to do damage your tanks can't really help, and she very often will use Divine Spirit Mausoleum on the very next turn, so you don't have the time.

I won by, well, Killing Her Faster. :T She's weak to Super Scope and Nitori is broken. I maxed overdrive and got Nitori to almost one-shot her. It still took numerous attempts to pull off the finisher without her using Divine Spirit Mausoleum first. Theoretically I could kill her even after that using another super scope but it never worked out that way.

edit:It appears Futo's passive with Miko has changed? Or perhaps they just fixed a typo and it has the same effect?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:03:45 AM by Serela »

« Reply #643 on: June 02, 2018, 02:05:06 AM »
Yeah, that would be where buff removal, Eyes that Perceive Reality, and other such things are handy to have, for if you can't successfully decrease her Plate counter to ~5 or so before she uses Divine Spirit Mausoleum. Or you could just annihilate her with PHY attacks like you did.

Looks like the effect was reworded, it was incorrectly worded before. Original effect was "前衛に神子がいる場合のみ、八十平瓮カウントの増加速度が2倍になる。". There, it says the count doubles, but in the new description, it says it increases by 1. Futo's spell cards increase the plate count by 2, and would be increased to 3 with that skill, so the original description was incorrect.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:08:59 AM by LonelyGaruga »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #644 on: June 02, 2018, 03:17:22 AM »
The problem is, even if I manage to clear off critical buffs or ignore them, she still restored a massive amount of health. And from what I could tell in failed attempts, if you get her HP low again she just does it again.

Because, you know, having a boss that heals at least half her max HP and maxes out her buffs every time she goes below 50% health is a good idea.

Anyway, infinite corridor seems fun. <3 Soon I'll have to struggle with the conundrum of who to awaken first, though... AUGH. Especially considering there's plenty of people I'm considering swapping into the team on awakening like Youmu or Keine. D: At least some people are non-options purely because they can't afford their awakening skills yet.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:41:30 AM by Serela »

« Reply #645 on: June 02, 2018, 03:36:57 AM »
Yeah, as far as I can tell it's 5% recovery for each Plate, and she can randomly (or maybe it's not random) use it again afterwards. I agree that that's probably the hardest part, Futo has really high HP recovery and it's a little difficult to manage MP through the whole fight.

If it helps any, not a single boss afterwards is as tough as Futo. Although that might be disappointing instead, haha.

EDIT: Hmmm, it seems Tenshi's Keystones of Spirit counter is bugged and increases on resisted elements in addition to weakness elements. Feels a bit weird to have not noticed it until just now.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:46:58 AM by LonelyGaruga »

« Reply #646 on: June 02, 2018, 04:18:24 AM »
I read a lot about TL2 PD's problems, and while I agree with many of the points raised, I have a... slightly different perspective on them.

First of all, the stats "degeneration". As somebody who defeated WINNER 255 times in TL1, I honestly saw it coming a long while ago. I mean, if you are complaining about "fast ticking ATB" and "unreadably big damage numbers", check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixgowABy9Ks

Perhaps, the major difference between the two postgames is that, while in both cases the "degeneration" begins to kick in at around lvl 1000, getting to that level in TL1 took much longer than in TL2, and most people probably stopped after they defeated WINNER the first time at around lvl 600 - while in TL2 we can easily get to over lvl 1000 before the 100 hour game mark (if you can do the same in TL1 without a New Game+, I'm tipping my hat to you).

As for the lack of strategy, well... that's a problem with TL2 as a whole. It's definitely not just the postgame. Sure, some bosses were harder than others, but ultimately, the number of bosses in TL2 which required a complex strategy is incredibly small - most of them are just about smashing through with the right element, often with piercing attacks. While TL2 has a lot more complexity when it comes to team choices, TL1's fights were much more technical. Heck, everytime I compare a TL2 fight with its "equivalent" in TL1, I sorta feel underwhelmed. TL1 Alice vs TL2 Alice, TL1 Yukari vs TL2 Yukari, TL1 Yuyuko vs TL2 Yuyuko, and so on. Even when the fight almost plays the same (like in Yuyuko's case), the overall lack of power and "tricks" in TL1 meant you needed to play much more carefully and be more opportunistic with your damage dealers. Not to mention that most of TL1's "climatic" fights - Alice, Eientei, Yukari, and especially Rinnosuke - were far more complicated to navigate through than nearly any TL2 fight I could think of.

Spoiler:
**WINNER** farming

I was one of those ones that beat WINNER once and felt that was enough for me. I don't really have much in the way of argument for that, because I DO remember Labyrinth 1 having more complex fights, but the memory's not only a little foggy, but I remember some of them being hard for the wrong reasons. For example, Eientei trio were a fight you wanted to finish off roughly at the same time, but since you couldn't see health bars and basically had to just guess/wiki-reference in order to tell when one of the two big ones were close, it felt a bit less strategic and more like cruel trial and error (Hibachi 1 and 2 were especially bad for this, as I remember, since one dying put the other in berserk AND did wacky stuff with its remaining health). In fact, being unable to see affinity alignment and enemy health in general put an awful lot of guesswork into the game if you weren't already extremely familar with every foe, but that said, Alice, Yukari, and ESPECIALLY Rinnosuke were definitely some more interesting and dynamic fights than the vast majority of 2's content. It's just a shame it was all held back by having a lot of information you'd build a strategy on, being more or less invisible to you.

In a way, I guess that makes TL1 more hardcore and I certainly DO remember it being a lot harder... but it's also hard for me to tell if that's just because it was my first game like its type and I had a harder time adjusting to it. I almost want to go back and replay it now just to check, but I think 2's QoL changes being gone would drive me nuts.

« Reply #647 on: June 02, 2018, 07:10:52 AM »
Beat 250f Corridor boss,
Spoiler:
The "Underworld Great Hammer 'Grond'" that the Dark Lord uses after Concentrate did 2.2m damage to Tenshi with 500 PHY affinity, her -30% PHY skill, and -10% damage from Strategist. The best I can do with Iku at 500 PHY is 1.9m HP, the only character in my party composition that can be geared to withstand it is Miko. It isn't locked to the leftmost slot either. and the Dark Lord has a high debuff resistance, unlike the Serpent of Chaos which was easy to debuff. I didn't try tanking it with DEF to see if Grond has a low attack and high damage multiplier, but I don't think it does, and for all I know it ignores DEF anyway, same spell animation as Rasetsu Fist. The boss itself goes down very quickly, but stalling with Akyuu revivals to see what it did revealed a diverse range of moves, including a rather unique FIR/DRK MT attack named Hell Flare. Pity it doesn't get to properly show off.

All that's left is
Spoiler:
round 2 with ***WINNER***, and King of Chaos
now.

« Reply #648 on: June 02, 2018, 10:24:06 AM »
Beat 250f Corridor boss,
Spoiler:
The "Underworld Great Hammer 'Grond'" that the Dark Lord uses after Concentrate did 2.2m damage to Tenshi with 500 PHY affinity, her -30% PHY skill, and -10% damage from Strategist. The best I can do with Iku at 500 PHY is 1.9m HP, the only character in my party composition that can be geared to withstand it is Miko. It isn't locked to the leftmost slot either. and the Dark Lord has a high debuff resistance, unlike the Serpent of Chaos which was easy to debuff. I didn't try tanking it with DEF to see if Grond has a low attack and high damage multiplier, but I don't think it does, and for all I know it ignores DEF anyway, same spell animation as Rasetsu Fist. The boss itself goes down very quickly, but stalling with Akyuu revivals to see what it did revealed a diverse range of moves, including a rather unique FIR/DRK MT attack named Hell Flare. Pity it doesn't get to properly show off.

All that's left is
Spoiler:
round 2 with ***WINNER***, and King of Chaos
now.

I remember it has a pretty interesting move that
Spoiler:
halves your team's HP and MP and also absorbs yours buffs, it could have been one of the few fights were the Oracle subclass might have been somewhat useful (given that its basically completely immune to debuffs and you don't want to deal with his buffed AoE nukes), assuming you don't have Tenshi or Miko in your team anyway. But it just goes down too fast for it to even become a fight.

« Reply #649 on: June 02, 2018, 10:36:52 AM »
Not sure if it's a bug but Precise Diagnosis and Hourai Elixir don't seem to fully heal Byakuren when she has her awakening skill.

« Reply #650 on: June 02, 2018, 10:56:43 AM »
Not sure if it's a bug but Precise Diagnosis and Hourai Elixir don't seem to fully heal Byakuren when she has her awakening skill.
Yeah, its bugged and doesn't work  with % based heals.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #651 on: June 02, 2018, 10:59:11 AM »
Now that I'm exploring Infinity Corridor, I suppose I should ask the people who've explored most/all of it; how often should I be paying for items or just breaking them out for free? Is keeping amulets for Remnants generally more useful on one-! items? I'm assuming I should be trying to get all treasures in general for the infinity gem bonus. (edit:Maybe not, floors are getting bigger and you get gems from chests...) Since I have Renko -and- Rumia the encounter rate is pretty easygoing, I have to actively hit M.

Although, since there's an unlimited number of floors, if I spawn real close to the stairs I guess it's better to just descend right away, huh?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:07:03 AM by Serela »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #652 on: June 02, 2018, 11:21:21 AM »
Basically, what some people did (AFAIK), is that they stayed on earlier floors of the infinity corridor to grind out items like Power Dragon Scalemails, Medicines of Life (I found a lot of those for some reason), and Iron Man's Headbands, when it was the only thing needed to craft a lot of the OP equipment. You can progress on the infinity corridor if you want, but if enemies are becoming strong enough to the point where you can't deal with them in a few seconds, that's probably a good time to stay there and continue later when you're more prepared. Besides, those enemies don't give nearly as much experience and money as the enemies in the tree dungeon.

That's what I would recommend, if anybody has any other, better suggestions for Serela, do feel free to correct me.

« Reply #653 on: June 02, 2018, 11:38:44 AM »
My personal experience with chests is: 1 and 2 ! chests generally give easily obtained, but still useful things (gems, tomes, 1-5 infinity gems, exp/drop/money increasing items) along with the occasional garbage equipment/material, I generally open them since its cheap. 3 ! chests mostly give useless equipment, 10-15 infiniy gems or materials, I generally find them not worth it. 4 and 5 ! chests are an absolute gamble, you get some decent (but still generally outdated) equipment, rarer materials or 15-20 infinity gems, but if youre very lucky you get the truly rare equipment (Tokugawa Statue, MGL) or material (Iron Man's Bandana), I mostly only open them with keys/break them.

The bonus infinity gem is generally not worth it, since you can just buy them relatively cheap in the rest area shop. I personally think you can take 2 approaches when it comes to exploring floors: trying to find/open all the chests you can, and just going straight to the exit; the first one is high risk high reward since you won't have dust to spend on the shop due to wandering around/chests, but there's the chance you find someting really good in those chests, while the second one is low risk low reward, you get plenty of dust and you can use it to buy stat jewels and infinity gems to spend in Akyuu's shop (its generally rare to be able to gather enough to buy anything more expensive than those), but you miss out on a decent amount of chests along the way.

Finally, if your aim is just to obtain good equipment/infinity gems/materials, as Xarizzar said, you just exit and reenter the same floor over and over again to farm them.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #654 on: June 02, 2018, 11:51:44 AM »
Getting boatloads of gems and buying Flower Blade Kikuryusei seems kind of amazing. @.@ It's good enough I don't have to worry that the gem investment is a total waste later, although I'll stop myself from buying -too- many because I know the top-grade equipment still outranks it... in a party of 12 I can imagine I'll be using several for a long, long time.

Opening chests seems to give enough gems to be worthwhile compared to trying to buy them in the shop, but I've only done 10 floors so far.

edit:Got a scourge from a free "!!"... nitori officially has triple the atk of anyone else. Not that I can beat lv300 abyssal marisa anyway BUUUT. (I guess I better do some dungeon now)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:55:05 PM by Serela »

« Reply #655 on: June 02, 2018, 12:28:31 PM »
Mora infinity gems is never a bad thing, given that you can always invest them in buying awakening items later; at 12 gem per item, that's 600 for 1 character, even considering the fact that they're not as useful on non-damage dealers its still a good sink you can spend them in.

« Reply #656 on: June 02, 2018, 06:34:18 PM »
Flower Blade Kikuryusei and Long Sword "Gurenjihime" (idk if this is how the EN patch translates it or not) are really good sub items for most of the rest of the game tbh, they won't be outclassed until you start getting a lot of Iron Man's Headband-type equipment. Another thing to look out for is Adamantite and Orichalcum, which are the materials needed for a lot of things, including Regalia. They don't drop from mobs until 29f, and they cost 20 Infinity Gems for 1 of either. You need 3 of each to make a Regalia, plus a couple other sub items as materials. Best as I can tell, the item rates change whenever you load the game, so you should find some items more easily than others. This appears consistent with varying reports of the ease of acquisition for the Iron Man's Headband items, as I found Tupsimati the most (I currently have like 13) and Medicine of Life the least (5), while others have very different findings.

Personally, I farmed Corridor 1f for items until I maxed out all the tier 2 stat gems on my characters, which took about 55-60 hours. It was much more rewarding than farming Murakumo for the tier 1 stat gems since you get tons of other equipment along the way, and easier to do since you can buy them with Infinity Gems too. I farmed fights when necessary to always be able to open chests, so leaving the enemies at their weakest made it easier to do that. The rewards for fighting enemies remains fairly low throughout the entire Corridor, so not much point in going out of your way to fight them. As of the current update, I've still only seen 90 different enemies in the Corridor (there were several unused ones in the 1.103 files, I haven't checked 1.104's files yet), and it seems that there's still only a random batch of them selected with each load. That's something I observed when originally farming the Corridor for EXP, I'd spend several hours continuously farming, then the next day I would encounter enemies I never encountered on the previous day.

OH YEAH, there's a cap on Infinity Gems at 200, so don't hoard them.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 06:47:30 PM by LonelyGaruga »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #657 on: June 02, 2018, 06:41:25 PM »
Wow l lucked out on the Hina and Parsee shadow fight and didn't get wombo combo'd at all and didn't get TRR'd once at all (probably due to my equips and Parsee didn't use her other attack to proc TRR on my girls)... Hina was a bit of a nuisance though she kept avoiding my SPR nukers quite a few times l might have to step it up though and prepare for the worse.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 07:39:32 PM by MewMewHeart »

« Reply #658 on: June 02, 2018, 08:16:09 PM »

OH YEAH, there's a cap on Infinity Gems at 200, so don't hoard them.

I noticed a few items can indeed go over 200 as of the latest patch (1.104). I dunno if this is the case with Infinity Gems too, but it might be worth testing.

« Reply #659 on: June 02, 2018, 08:41:05 PM »
Checked, it's still capped at 200.

Unrelated, beat
Spoiler:
King of Chaos
, that's everything now. Going to try looking into the game files and see if there's anything interesting already in there, then it's back to waiting for the next update.

EDIT: Hm, I get an error trying to look into the updated BGM and img files.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:45:00 PM by LonelyGaruga »