Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 169435 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #390 on: May 20, 2018, 02:33:46 AM »
I haven't run into this bug yet, but if I do I'll try and think of anything that happened before it.

Ah yeah, I guess I should explain what I was doing in the first place. I had reset my whole party and allotted library levels, EXP, and skill point items.  I then next did the HP Orbs, but when I went to MP I realized there were 0, along with TP. When I reset, the MP/TP Orb total exceeded 200 afterwards, so I initially presumed it was some kind of overflow glitch and the Orbs capped at 200 (the Skill Point item caps at 200), but when I loaded another save and redid the process my Orbs were of an ordinary count that exceeded 200, so that was not it.

I suspect that it does involve resetting, but I don't seen any reason for this to have occurred.

Spoiler:
Unrelated, running Ryujin-sama's stats, has roughly 550K MAG under the assumption that its Breath attacks use the same damage formula as Flowing Hellfire and Wild Dance of Freezing Mist. The FIR/CLD ones are used by Serpent of Chaos and checked out for this as best as I could tell, so the WND/NTR ones are likely to be the same.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 02:38:36 AM by LonelyGaruga »

« Reply #391 on: May 20, 2018, 03:18:14 AM »
Spoiler:
After entering the Infinite Corridor I got this series of messages.
[attach=1]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:20:24 AM by Libra »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #392 on: May 20, 2018, 03:53:51 AM »
Spoiler:
After entering the Infinite Corridor I got this series of messages.
[attach=1]
"As the last of Yamata-no-Orochi Hollow's remaining essence has been absorbed, the "Dust Stock" system within Infinite Corridor has been unlocked! If the party has any Seven-star dust possessed when exiting Infinite Corridor, a percentage of the seven-star dust will be converted to "dust stock". Dust stock can be used to exchange items in between floors like seven-star dust, and will not be reset when leaving the corridor; they can only be used up by purchasing items. Make use of these dust stock in your travels!"

Something that might be worth testing is if getting wiped in the dungeon will preserve dust as well.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
teleporting into mapless sections is the worst
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:59:30 AM by RegalStar »

« Reply #393 on: May 20, 2018, 03:57:52 AM »
Spoiler:
For anyone who cares the endless corridor starts looping again at floor 251.  Boss of floor 250 gives a weapon that has +8 TP +999% HP +800 ATK PSN/PAR/HVY/SHK +50.

There's also a rare encounter on floor 30 near a switch that allows you to access the two bosses on floor 29 behind the rocks. Level 800 Metal Kedama that has 9999 HP and gives 5.56m experience and 1.56m money and you can encounter multiple at a time.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 02:54:22 PM by zeroxtime62 »

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #394 on: May 20, 2018, 06:49:34 AM »
Dragon God was fun to battle.

And WINNER is no joke.

Also, his new design looks pretty awesome.

And is it just me, but does he resemble Rinnosuke?
I walk one step, and I?m visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and I?m spirited away
I tread three steps, and I?m playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

« Reply #395 on: May 20, 2018, 07:59:30 AM »
I JUST finished the translated game and had come here to post about it, and lookie, it's updated with more content I can't read. Guess it's time to wait for the translators to catch up on the new content all over again, and on that note, I suppose I'll see everyone in 2020! Seriously though, thanks to the translators for doing good work. The current English patch of Plus Disk has typos and untranslated strings sprinkled through it, but at least I was able to play what turned out to be a pretty good expansion of what was already a pretty good game thanks to your efforts. I have some friends off-site also playing this so believe me, your work's appreciated by more than you all probably know.

As for the game itself, Labyrinth 2's Plus Disk wipes the floor with Labyrinth 1's in the same way the game itself does. I found Labyrinth 1's plus disk needlessly minmaxxed and all but unapproachably grindy. Labyrinth 2's general quality of life improvements (affinity hints via colored damage, challenge levels next to bosses, and visible lifebars in battle) made this one MUCH more playable without constant reference to a wiki, and I was surprised at how little grinding was actually necessary to progress. The flow in general was 100 times better, and while after beating ***WINNER*** in Labyrinth 1 soured my overall opinion on the game, I'm rather excited to see if I can beat this one's version of him and still want to start over all again, just like I did after Hollow Yamata No Orochi. I expect a grindwall NOW, but I don't think I'll mind it... Plus Disk has a satisfying, playthrough-ending conclusion as it is without the need to go hunting down the level 1000 super boss.

Guess I'll wait patiently for the next translation patch to join the fun on this new stuff. In the meantime, I have a second playthrough to finish.

« Reply #396 on: May 20, 2018, 08:28:23 AM »
'ight, got
Spoiler:
Ryujin-sama
down now. I had to do a second take due to the recording program lagging toward the end, but just as well, first was kinda sloppy. Link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuyuk4ly308 for anyone wanting to watch.

Main difficulty imo is simply its sheer durability. It almost feels like a punishment for all the Plus Disk bosses annihilated in 2-3 attacks...

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #397 on: May 20, 2018, 08:51:56 AM »
Out of curiosity, has anyone beaten WINNER yet?

« Reply #398 on: May 20, 2018, 09:27:24 AM »
Tried to record the boss fight in floor 29 , https://youtu.be/HwdQoXXoTJw . They didn't get to use any of their most dangerous attacks this time.

*EDIT:
Spoiler:
The 3 deformed bosses fight at floor 29 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qep2f3LKhf8 (Nitori kinda crushed them), you also get access to an item for defeating them, which gives +640HP, +480ATK, +880DEF, +400MND, +39ACC, and +80DTH/SHK/TRR resist. I also just noticed that the boss fights on floor 29 respawn (not like there's any reason to refight them, as far as I know).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:54:12 PM by Libra »

« Reply #399 on: May 20, 2018, 04:31:56 PM »
So, I didn't have a save file of right after I'd done everything available in the previous update. I had one where I'd just reached b9f, and one where I had been mindlessly grinding while watching youtube and stuff. I didn't want to use the super-advanced one, because everyone was around lvl 1300 or so, and I didn't want to just steamroll everything. So, what I did was copy EVF01 from the super advanced one over to the other, and gave myself 56 dark fragments with cheat engine so I could bypass rocks and stuff.
Lemme tell you, going through the new stuff at around lvl 300, I am so glad I awakened Rumia and Reisen. I knew statuses were good, but holy carp, using Aya, Yuyuko, Rumia, and Reisen makes random encounters a joke. Even most of the B11F enemies will just kinda lie down and die for you. Alice with Trip Wire can be better in the upper floors, but a lot of those enemies are also just vulnerable to death, so Yuyuko makes quick work of them.
Spoiler:
Hell, the only reason I was able to beat Dragon God is because he's vulnerable to Shake(Shock?), at least in the second phase. Are there only two phases, or did I just glitch him by only letting him get, like, three more turns after that point?

*Edit:
Spoiler:
Turns out one of ***Winner***'s forms is vulnerable to SHK, too. Cheesed the hell outta that fight at around lvl 600.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:42:06 PM by Blue Wokou »

« Reply #400 on: May 20, 2018, 04:36:34 PM »
So, something I just noticed in regards to crafting stuff since I'm preparing for the first 29F boss.
Spoiler:
Machine God Lucifers now require the material that I have only seen as a drop from ***WINNER*** so far. This means you can only have Machine God Lucifers if you luck out in the Corridor, assuming things haven't been changed, or you beat him. I don't remember the other "endgame" crafting items having anything else other than the super rare Endless Corridor chest material, either.

« Reply #401 on: May 20, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »
Hey, guys, new guy here.  I've been playing Labyrinth of Touhou 2 for some time now and I installed the latest patch of Plus Disk.  However, when I got up to 28F, I can't move from my position and it's not marking tiles for me.  I beat Yamata-no-Orochi Hollow, and I'm at 60F of the Infinite Corridor, but I didn't beat the Enforcer of Power or Kedema Goddess yet.  What am I supposed to do?

« Reply #402 on: May 20, 2018, 05:37:52 PM »
Actually, never mind about that last post.  I needed to repatch the game, and it all worked well.

« Reply #403 on: May 20, 2018, 05:49:48 PM »
So, something I just noticed in regards to crafting stuff since I'm preparing for the first 29F boss.
Spoiler:
Machine God Lucifers now require the material that I have only seen as a drop from ***WINNER*** so far. This means you can only have Machine God Lucifers if you luck out in the Corridor, assuming things haven't been changed, or you beat him. I don't remember the other "endgame" crafting items having anything else other than the super rare Endless Corridor chest material, either.
Spoiler:
Once you defeat WINNER the chest behind him actually contains 2 more golden statues, so you can get a total of 3 just from defeating him. Also, the WINNERS's level seems to increase by 200 each time you defeat him.

*EDIT:
Spoiler:
***WINNER*** boss fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGP_Tg7aANo , got really lucky in this one.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:33:50 PM by Libra »

« Reply #404 on: May 20, 2018, 06:54:16 PM »
Am I dumb for only now noticing that the infinite corridor character bosses are going in the order that the characters appear in, say, the shrine level up screen or the library screen?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #405 on: May 20, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »
Someone mentioned in the thread before something about turning off spell animations in 2? Is there a way to do that? I can't think of a way, unless it involves porting over the thing that does it from LoT1.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #406 on: May 20, 2018, 09:23:39 PM »
Wait, you mean that MGL now requires more than just 3X Iron Man's Headband? Damn, I should've crafted at least one before passing to the new patch lol

« Reply #407 on: May 20, 2018, 09:54:17 PM »
Wait, you mean that MGL now requires more than just 3X Iron Man's Headband? Damn, I should've crafted at least one before passing to the new patch lol
Yeah, all of the most powerful equipment (Medicine of Life, MGL, Tupsimati, Ringil, Scourge and Power Dragon Scalemail) now require 2 additional materials each ( Otherwordly Black Hole, Legendary Soul, Dark Boulder of Disaster, etc. ), MGL has the most steep requirement with the Golden Swordfish Statue (plus 3 Iron Man's Headband and a Paracelsus Azoth).

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Also, now that I think about it, since the Winner's Rags requires 3 Golden Swordfish Statues, you must at the very least defeat ***WINNER***  2 times to be able to craft both the Rags and an MGL ( of course, MGL can be obtained in the Infinite Corridor too).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:58:32 PM by Libra »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #408 on: May 21, 2018, 12:40:27 AM »
Oh I just
Spoiler:
ran into WINNER on my Team 9 file and oh boy I know everything was going to shit the moment Wriggle got one shot by his first move.

SAFE TO SAY THIS MAY REQUIRE THEM BEING HIGHER THAN THE MID 700s, OOPS.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2018, 12:47:05 AM »
Need to test this further, but Dust Stock conversion rate thus far appears to be 10% for leaving dungeons, and 1% for being wiped out. I need to double check for the former, I had foolishly assumed it would be a 1:1 conversion rate, so I didn't keep track of my original Dust quantity.

Regarding Corridor 120f's boss,
Spoiler:
Abyss Cirno has 24.9m HP, always starts with "I'm Fine Even By Myself" followed by White Album, then Diamond Blizzard. Uses Direct Attack and Blue Arrow frequently. Perfect Freeze appears to be used every set number of turns, she'll also repeat the White Album > Diamond Blizzard as well. Surprisingly, Abyss Cirno's gimmick is having very high DEF/MND, highly unusual both for a Touhou boss and for Cirno herself.

Also, doesn't appear to have been discussed here, but on 29f there's a boss fight against
Spoiler:
"King of Chaos", the Demi-Fiend from Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne. JP player has a video up of it on YT, boss level is 1280 and naturally summons more enemies to aid it. As with Rance and...whoever the red silhouette is (Arcanum Knights' protagonist, or another Alicesoft character?), the Red and Green boss pair, the Demi-Fiend is a silhouette.

« Reply #410 on: May 21, 2018, 12:56:42 AM »
Also, doesn't appear to have been discussed here, but on 29f there's a boss fight against
Spoiler:
"King of Chaos", the Demi-Fiend from Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne. JP player has a video up of it on YT, boss level is 1280 and naturally summons more enemies to aid it. As with Rance and...whoever the red silhouette is (Arcanum Knights' protagonist, or another Alicesoft character?), the Red and Green boss pair, the Demi-Fiend is a silhouette.

I'm assuming that's
Spoiler:
Arios Theoman, another alicesoft character. He's the former Guardian Hero of the World, and his in-game name is 赤い英雄, or Scarlet Hero, compared to Rance's 緑の鬼畜, Green Devil

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #411 on: May 21, 2018, 01:49:22 AM »
Spoiler:
The Red Hero is Adol - specifically, Adol in Oath of Felghana. His attacks are all his various moves from that game, boost (and double boost presumably used when you take down Rance first), and various items from within that game.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #412 on: May 21, 2018, 02:37:33 AM »
I wonder if anyone can confirm whether or not that OP equipment can be dropped from the lower floors of the Infinite Corridor, still...

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2018, 03:09:16 AM »
Need to test this further, but Dust Stock conversion rate thus far appears to be 10% for leaving dungeons, and 1% for being wiped out. I need to double check for the former, I had foolishly assumed it would be a 1:1 conversion rate, so I didn't keep track of my original Dust quantity.

Conversion rate seems to be based on consecutive number of floors cleared. I cleared 20 floors consecutively and got 20% of the remnant converted, at least. (This also means that while it would be technically possible to gather enough stock to get a MGL without advancing a single floor, it's probably going to take you weeks if not months to pull that off)

« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2018, 04:02:30 AM »
Ah, that makes sense. I ran 10 floors before leaving a dungeon and then 1 floor for the wipe out, so that would be where I got the 10% / 1%.

Unrelated, tried out Dragon God's Power on Tenshi. Dragon God's Breath is insane, absolutely shredded
Spoiler:
Abyss Cirno
even at 100% DEF/MND buffs. Besides confirming its incredible strength, found it now costs 15 MP and has 0 delay, as opposed to 12 and 2400 like before. I haven't checked to see if the damage formula is still the same or not.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2018, 04:43:54 AM »
It sounds like the damage formula was probably buffed, which would not be surprising.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #416 on: May 21, 2018, 04:59:51 AM »
@Validon98
I don't know how the other person did it, but I used cheat engine to do so, have not bothered to make it work for plus disc though.
Other person who had a way to disable them never replied to me so I'm still curious if they did the same or if there's an actually obvious way to do so without the use of tools (please respond)

That aside, really surprised about the sudden update, still unsure if this one includes -all- of the promised features or if there's still something missing, but if people can rush through it in a day, I won't get my hopes up too much.
What about the missing skill-unlocking items, are they all there now?

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #417 on: May 21, 2018, 05:06:52 AM »
All the special items are available, yes.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #418 on: May 21, 2018, 05:09:23 AM »
That aside, really surprised about the sudden update, still unsure if this one includes -all- of the promised features or if there's still something missing, but if people can rush through it in a day, I won't get my hopes up too much.
To be fair, it's only a small handful of floors. It's just that those floors have all the big superbosses and mega endgame content in them. Grinding ahoy!

Also presumably a large hunk of infinite corridor, but it remains to be seen just how much we've got now. Well, makes the grinding a bit more interesting. Assuredly you can now Awaken your entire party, which is nice.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #419 on: May 21, 2018, 05:14:53 AM »
Also presumably a large hunk of infinite corridor, but it remains to be seen just how much we've got now.

Spoiler:
I posted this earlier but it starts looping again once you beat the boss on floor 250.